• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
Years
  • Reading is my best subject, then math, then language/writing, then science then history. I hate history so much!

I might take physchics but i would like to focus on writing, since thats what i want to do when i get out of highschool.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I got the highest score in my year for English. So I guess my best subject is English. Following soon after was German~

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'm also taking physics. :D Only for one quarter, though, then I'm going to chemistry.

It's a pretty hard decision for me, though. Should I continue with physics or just go with chemistry?
    I would stay in Physics, that's because I absolutely suck at Chemistry. Anything involved I fail unless I try so hard that I cant have 2 minutes to myself.
    Reading is my best subject, then math, then language/writing, then science then history. I hate history so much!
    You must be REALLY bad in Science and History since you barely use correct grammar or spell correcty. :x People have been saying 'physics' this entire page and you spell it 'physchics'. :x

My highest grade was a 113% in Spanish..o_o

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • I'm realy good at grammar, i just dont care much about it when im online.

I'm required to take spanish, and i think i might try to brush up on my japanese, since i hear it might be available soon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'm realy good at grammar, i just dont care much about it when im online.

I'm required to take spanish, and i think i might try to brush up on my japanese, since i hear it might be available soon.
    You...grammar?
    ...well, that and the guy in my sig. xD Though at least I quite adored math long before I discovered TWEWY.
    Sho Minamoto hates your life.

I remember the first quarter I got a D in History because he lost my project..D:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My highest grade ever was in grade 10 Japanese--I got 99%. 8D I took it in grade 9 back when I hadn't quite dropped my overachieving ways.

In grade 11 when I took the final year of Japanese, I had my original teacher for it and I think she was kinda disappointed when I only got 80. XD;

edit: baaaw what. :( I like to think Sho would find me interesting for at least a few minutes--I like math AND art, after all.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah many people receive a shock when they get to university or college. Especially in English. That is only because for some, they do grammar again (since last time it was done was in elementary school). Since some people just don't know how to write properly. All the small rules and things.

I'd have probably fallen under the 'needs something more challenging' group, though I never got the opportunity, until college. Next semester, I am taking a whole bunch of wild courses, like psychology, metaphysics, history of english, latin and sociology.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • Yes, me grammar.

I was just thinking about how this isint as fun since me and Ctep are being nice to eachother.
    Ctep feel free to badger me when you want. i need a little ass kicking everynow and then.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    My highest grade ever was in grade 10 Japanese--I got 99%. 8D I took it in grade 9 back when I hadn't quite dropped my overachieving ways.

In grade 11 when I took the final year of Japanese, I had my original teacher for it and I think she was kinda disappointed when I only got 80. XD;

edit: baaaw what. :( I like to think Sho would find me interesting for at least a few minutes--I like math AND art, after all.
    My Spanish teacher said I was the best student she had, she said I didn't even have an accent. o_o

I am hoping I can take French and Spanish this year, because instead of 7 classes a day like at my last school, there are 8 and I now have one more extra space. I actually have like..4 extra spaces too because classes I wanted to take at my last school aren't offered. *******
    Yes, me grammar.

I was just thinking about how this isint as fun since me and Ctep are being nice to eachother.
    Ctep feel free to badger me when you want. i need a little ass kicking everynow and then.
    Nah, that requires work. :P

Cherrim

Years
  • My Japanese classes--while high school credit courses--were only offered on Saturdays at one of the high schools in the district. :( It sucked losing my Saturday to that every week but I don't regret it at all.
    Yeah many people receive a shock when they get to university or college. Especially in English. That is only because for some, they do grammar again (since last time it was done was in elementary school). Since some people just don't know how to write properly. All the small rules and things.

I'd have probably fallen under the 'needs something more challenging' group, though I never got the opportunity, until college. Next semester, I am taking a whole bunch of wild courses, like psychology, metaphysics, history of english, latin and sociology.
    Mm, at my university they just gave everyone a literacy test during frosh week. If you failed it, you had to take a mandatory English course before you could try again. If you passed, you were good to go. I'm not required to take any English courses.

I ended up in gifted classes but they only hurt my work ethic. XD; Some of the kids in there were waaaaay too enthusiastic about grades and studying and I realized that even if I studied a little more I wouldn't be top of the class anymore (something that used to be so important to me) so I just didn't put in anywhere near the same amount of effort, haha.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • I might go to college. Im not shure. I want to wright for a big newspaper, im not shure if that would require college.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I will go to college, I want to go to college in Toronto but I doubt I will, but I want to move somewhere in Ontario and I would like a job that I'd be able to do there aswell. Accounting for the win.

I used to be in gifted classes but I dropped out intentionally because the teachers pissed me off. They treated you like 8 year olds who were so stupid that you couldn't even write a paper by yourself. On top of that, they were all super-republicans and even just Republicans tend to piss me off.

I am allowed to say 'piss' right? I assume I am since it's not censored and I am not insulting anyone by it..

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I want to go to University to study .. something. *laugh*
    There are some good universitys where I live, but I have permanent residency in Australia so I could go to university there if I wanted.. However, being in another country for university would be very difficult.
    I have a lot of years to mull this over anyway..~

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    In here, the more gifted classes you're in, the more lazy you're allowed to be. Sure, it's hard work, but once you get that over with, fun ensues. :[
    The first day the teacher made us start reading War and Peace. Which, I do want to read some day but not in school. :/

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I will go to college, I want to go to college in Toronto but I doubt I will, but I want to move somewhere in Ontario and I would like a job that I'd be able to do there aswell. Accounting for the win.

I used to be in gifted classes but I dropped out intentionally because the teachers pissed me off. They treated you like 8 year olds who were so stupid that you couldn't even write a paper by yourself. On top of that, they were all super-republicans and even just Republicans tend to piss me off.

I am allowed to say 'piss' right? I assume I am since it's not censored and I am not insulting anyone by it..

Western Canada > Eastern Canada

XD >.>

That's too bad that your teachers were biased... Those are the worst kind of teachers. I mean like if you write an essay, on an opposing view of there's, and correctly defend it, some teachers may still give you a low mark.

Cherrim

Years
  • Toronto > Universe > ... > Western Canada > Eastern Canada > Quebec.

*shot* XD;

I haaaated biased teachers though. It's part of the reason I stopped liking English as a subject. In grade 12, I got great marks only because I BS'd papers about feminist values in books or something and my teacher was really into that. The year before, I'd actually tried to analyze books like we were supposed to and got horrible marks save on the last essay where I basically just wrote down everything the teacher had said about the book and got 90. I just... ugh, I hate subjects like that where teachers can get away with being so biased.

I might go to college. Im not shure. I want to wright for a big newspaper, im not shure if that would require college.
    You'll almost definitely have to go to college to study journalism in order to get your foot in the door at most places.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back