• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
Years
  • In other news, 2012 is fast approaching. I've actually started collecting my old things and putting them in a time capsule. When Sea elephants rule the world after we humans are gone, the nefarious beings will be fantastically surprised at the people who used to exist before them.

Hi, my name is Hakudoushi-kun Xd

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    In other news, 2012 is fast approaching. I've actually started collecting my old things and putting them in a time capsule. When Sea elephants rule the world after we humans are gone, the nefarious beings will be fantastically surprised at the people who used to exist before them.

Hi, my name is Hakudoushi-kun Xd
    Your a believer of the 2012 apocalypse thing? :3

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Wikipedia said:
    Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea that a catastrophe will happen in 2012, stating that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the existing classic Maya accounts. Mainstream Mayanist scholars state that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history.[3][5] The modern Maya, on the whole, have not attached much significance to the date, and the classical sources on the subject are scarce and contradictory, suggesting that there was little if any universal agreement among them about what, if anything, the date might mean.[6]
    Most astronomers and other scientists have rejected the apocalyptic forecasts on the grounds that the anticipated events are precluded by astronomical observations or are unsubstantiated by the predictions that have been generated from these findings.[7] NASA has compared fears about 2012 to those about the Y2K bug in the late 1990s, suggesting that an adequate analysis should preclude fears of disaster.[7]
    The Mayans would most likely be having a new year party to celebrate the beginning of a new calendar, rather than thinking the world would end.

You can believe what you like though ^^

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I can't say I believe in the 2012 thing.

And from what I heard, the supposed 2000 apocalypse caused a much greater uproar than this one, and look at what year it is now XD;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    To me, its kind of like saying all the fish are going to die tomorrow. :x
    It just doesn't happen that way.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    All humankind WILL die out.. but not like that, I think.

It's more of a we-can't-adapt-to-nature-and-something-will-replace-us thingie.. over the cause of thousands of years.
    Humankind has the knowledge to adapt to almost any place as long as there are some resources though.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I believe in Darwin's theory of evolution, so as long as some learn to adapt to their surroundings and whatnot, I think we'll somehow live. And who knows, we may evolve into something greater than "human", whatever that might be. Demi-god, perhaps?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I can't say I believe in the 2012 thing.

And from what I heard, the supposed 2000 apocalypse caused a much greater uproar than this one, and look at what year it is now XD;

Yeah, the 2000 apocalypse cause a very large uproar, on December 31st, 1999 and January 1st, 2000. You can't really say it caused more of an uproar than an event that is more than 2 years in the future.

All I know is that I am getting myself I new TV on December 21st 2012. Looting!

No, I don't believe in it. Might as well take advantage of it though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back