• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Gluten free pizza tends to taste amazing to me. 100x better than normal pizza.

It's literally the only gluten-free alternative that is better than the original.
    On one hand I feel for you if gluten is an actual serious issue for you. On the other hand, anything gluten-free tastes horrible, its what gives most wheat based products that bread flavor.
    Once I found out anchovies are an ingredient in caesar dressing, I refused to eat it.
    I say if you don't see it, don't let it bother you. Bone Marrow used to gross me out, but then I saw how they cook the bit that goes to the tail on a cow, with the bone in the middle, and the sauce that was made from all the tray juices(with the bone marrow!) was the most delicious sauce I ever had. So yeah, sometimes if something is so tasty you need to have it, don't let something invisible stop you. Lifes too short!

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Why is everyone talking about anchovies, they're salty, thin and disgusting and usually full of vinegar blergh. Also, bone marrow is dangerous to eat if it's not eaten right after it's cooked. That stuff is like a 5 star hotel for bacteria.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Bone marrow does not need that little time to be consumed, most foods are pretty much safe after being cooked for a certain period of time at a certain temperature. I pretty much would know about something like that, Health and Safety is a course in culinary school.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    My mother hates anchovies but loves sardines. Go figure.

I actually really like vinegar-y foods. As a fetus I had my mother craving pickles so much her feet swelled up. Salt & Vinegar potato chips are my only chips. Regular tastes too buttery.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    My mother hates anchovies but loves sardines. Go figure.

I actually really like vinegar-y foods. As a fetus I had my mother craving pickles so much her feet swelled up. Salt & Vinegar potato chips are my only chips. Regular tastes too buttery.
    The Daily Chit Chat

I settle for nothing less, this stuff is god tier.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I'm a good bit hungry right now, and we still haven't gone grocery shopping. We're supposed to do that today.

I had some Moe's last night and it was actually pretty good, just two plain beef burritos.

There were these two ladies at the table in front of ours, and when I first sat down (since I had to snipe a table) I thought they were young high school/college girls, with two dudes. There was this one guy and what I thought was a really short dude, and I was thinking "wow, that guy must be pretty lucky." They must be on a double date or something, right? Good on them.

That was until I got up to refill my drink and saw the rest of their bodies which had me thinking "uhhh, where did that face come from" and "how many times have they given birth" O_O

and what I thought was a little dude was actually a little girl, which had me thinking "wow, that guy's not really that lucky is he" lol

Poor dude, I thought he was on a double date. I don't even wanna know why there's two women in addition to the little gargoyle

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    On one hand I feel for you if gluten is an actual serious issue for you. On the other hand, anything gluten-free tastes horrible, its what gives most wheat based products that bread flavor.

I say if you don't see it, don't let it bother you. Bone Marrow used to gross me out, but then I saw how they cook the bit that goes to the tail on a cow, with the bone in the middle, and the sauce that was made from all the tray juices(with the bone marrow!) was the most delicious sauce I ever had. So yeah, sometimes if something is so tasty you need to have it, don't let something invisible stop you. Lifes too short!

Nope I just think gluten free pizza is surprisingly decent.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Do you guys ever just get tired in the weird way of getting up and down, back and forth? I keep wanting to rest on my couch but then come back to the PC... it's strange. My body can't decide if it wants to sleep or stay awake.

Years
    I have that happen way more often than I'd like.

Oh I'm tired, I'm gonna go lie down...nope I'm bored, back to the computer-- nope, actually tired, back to the couch. Rinse and repeat. I'm fairly certain it's because maybe I really am tired, but my mind refuses to relax so nope any kind of resting is not going to occur.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Do you guys ever just get tired in the weird way of getting up and down, back and forth? I keep wanting to rest on my couch but then come back to the PC... it's strange. My body can't decide if it wants to sleep or stay awake.

All the time. I lie in my bed thinking it's going to be more comfortable and ten minutes later I think the chair is better actually no the bed was better wait the chair no no the bed

Tbh the best thing to do when that happens is go take a walk because it's sort of your body telling you "no relaxing, must move".

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Well that time my body actually decided to sleep xD

I had a really weird dream that I finally got a 3DS, and had Y but not AS (as I do). I was watching an intro video of the game on YouTube and discovered that the game was in some sort of beta that I had to compile from source lol, and that my version I preordered was really outdated...

the whole compiling part wasn't anything out of the ordinary because I do it so much it's pretty easy for me, but it was strange... they had some pretty cool features tho. The game felt loads more realistic.

Lucid

Stay off the computer/your phone when that happens, the light tricks your brain into staying active.

Lucid

I was told by a doctor it's all artificial light in general. I used to have really bad insomnia, I stopped using my phone before bed and I can fall asleep easier, I still only get like 4 hours a night though, I'll wake up after 2, go back to bed after 2, then wake up after 2. I cant even attempt with the TV on, I just start watching it.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    The different between computer and television in this context is the distance between you and the screen. This makes the effect of the television less significant.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I have the hardest time getting to sleep without anything on. I need either Spotify or my tv to be on while I sleep. And if I can't get comfortable in my bed I go sit on the couch and if I can't get comfy there I try the bed again and then after that I just give up and sleep on the floor.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    honestly, i have to drown in sleep aids if i want to rest without waking up every hour.. and even then it doesn't work sometimes. :I;

who invented sleep. why can't there be a magical pill that gives your body the benefits of sleep without actually having to sleep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back