• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • It's not dead, it's just not immortal either. It won't be dying any time soon unless you let it. If it was like a child, then it's big enough to go out on it's own now.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • It's not dead, it's just not immortal either. It won't be dying any time soon unless you let it. It's big enough to go out on it's own now.
    what are you talking about

I see what's happening, and I'd like to offer some advice. Making a successful forum does not mean implementing all your personal preferences, and "what you think is improvement" - it's implementing what the most people want to see, and what works. Dear Anonymous was far too successful and useful for there to be enough of a warrant for its removal to the dustbin. It was a sticky that held people's hardships and tough times, and kept the forum real, and feeling more alive and less plastic. I legitimately don't understand it.

Sonata, Skype. I'd like to hear your reasoning for it.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    ... i'm pretty sure Sonata means that Dear Anonymous is just not going to be a sticky anymore.

what's so bad about that?

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Guys. I am blind. And Andy you hate children, I knew that.

It was named Dear Richard or some shit when I finally found it, and Sonata and I talked through things. I think we have the same idea, but our passion just kind of... yeah.

That was some feeling! It was very tense, quite hot, but exciting, and... just intense. o.O

Years
  • ... i'm pretty sure Sonata means that Dear Anonymous is just not going to be a sticky anymore.

what's so bad about that?

I think it's because this section entered a new generation (Andy was part of the last generation which lasted almost 4 years) and the focus of this new generation is to do more discussion threads and therefore less focus on Dear Anonymous because it was Andy's creation and his generation is no longer.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I think it's because this section entered a new generation (Andy was part of the last generation which lasted almost 4 years) and the focus of this new generation is to do more discussion threads and therefore less focus on Dear Anonymous because it was Andy's creation and his generation is no longer.
    I think it's just some change. :P

Years
  • I think it's just some change. :P

When a new generation of staff enters, there's always something that will change in their section.

For example, Ozzy/Olli-era Pokemon Clubs was definitely different than the current Wicked era. Or how Video Games was extremely different with the previous generations prior to the generation that Shawn started.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • When a new generation of staff enters, there's always something that will change in their section.

For example, Ozzy/Olli-era Pokemon Clubs was definitely different than the current Wicked era. Or how Video Games was extremely different with the previous generations prior to the generation that Shawn started.
    That's an incredibly structured way to look at things, but okay

I wonder where this will go.

Ah, I think I know now. That's exactly where I wanted it to go.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Guys don't you get it he's implementing his dictatorship

He lured us all into thinking he's a good leader but then BOOM

The Daily Chit Chat

TheBringerOfLife

TheReviver
    Years
  • I sodding swear to God, the day I hit 90 days of activity I'm signing up to be a bloody mentor.
    Also, is 100 profile views grounds for celebration? Please tell me it is.

Years
  • This is completely irrelevant but I can't get over how cute the gif in Pinkie-Dawn's signature is.

I'm with you. I really do miss Serena's long hair as well. Pinkie would probably show you that the haircut scene really hurt the XY anime for him because he knows how certain lengths of hair can bring a certain charm to a female character.

I sodding swear to God, the day I hit 90 days of activity I'm signing up to be a bloody mentor.
    Also, is 100 profile views grounds for celebration? Please tell me it is.

I'll definitely be rooting for your goal. Especially because I'm a mentor on the program myself but also the first one for the current adoption center to have a mentee successfully graduate and that's usually hard to accomplish because I've seen some newbies disappear from the face of the forum so soon and it makes me always dread the mentee who signed up and then vanished was too nervous to ask questions and such.

As for 100 profile views? I guess I could call it a milestone, but it definitely wouldn't warrant a celebration thread.

TheBringerOfLife

TheReviver
    Years
  • I'm with you. I really do miss Serena's long hair as well. Pinkie would probably show you that the haircut scene really hurt the XY anime for him because he knows how certain lengths of hair can bring a certain charm to a female character.

I'll definitely be rooting for your goal. Especially because I'm a mentor on the program myself but also the first one for the current adoption center to have a mentee successfully graduate and that's usually hard to accomplish because I've seen some newbies disappear from the face of the forum so soon and it makes me always dread the mentee who signed up and then vanished was too nervous to ask questions and such.

As for 100 profile views? I guess I could call it a milestone, but it definitely wouldn't warrant a celebration thread.

Ohohoh no, I didn't mean a celebration thread. I meant can I break out the hypnotic and get drunk? dine on my own cheese and fine wine while feeling accomplished?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • what are you talking about

I see what's happening, and I'd like to offer some advice. Making a successful forum does not mean implementing all your personal preferences, and "what you think is improvement" - it's implementing what the most people want to see, and what works. Dear Anonymous was far too successful and useful for there to be enough of a warrant for its removal to the dustbin. It was a sticky that held people's hardships and tough times, and kept the forum real, and feeling more alive and less plastic. I legitimately don't understand it.

Sonata, Skype. I'd like to hear your reasoning for it.

It's still on the front page. Just not a sticky.

Many threads survive unstuck. If you like DA so much, make sure you're keeping it alive. If the thread dies, then that means people weren't interested in it any longer. And then it can always be re-made. :)

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • It's still on the front page. Just not a sticky.

Many threads survive unstuck. If you like DA so much, make sure you're keeping it alive. If the thread dies, then that means people weren't interested in it any longer. And then it can always be re-made. :)

But that's not in the nature of Dear Anon at all. It's not one of those threads that always has the activity to be front-page worthy. Dear Anon is, and always has been, an outlet for people who need to let off steam and have nowhere else to do it. It's a valuable thread to some people and in its current state it will drown in the other threads despite having so much more value than most of them. What's stuck in a forum shouldn't be decided by activity - that's counterproductive; it's threads like the DCC which are mega-active and will retain front-page positions that don't need sticking.

You can't just ask people to come up with things to say to anonymous people for the sake of keeping Dear Anon visible because it got unstuck. This is not a thread about interest; it's a resource. Would you propose unsticking, say, D&D's advice thread based on inactivity despite it being a very useful and important resource for some people?

You can guess my position on the situation, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back