• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Knight Rises

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Now remember it's a teaser, but It was pretty awesome. Literally the epitome of a good teaser - just barely enough so you know that it's Batman, but pretty mum on the major details & characters.

Yeah I know haha, I ended up going to see HP the following day. It teased me and it got me hyped, for sure. I can't wait to see that fight between Bats and Bane!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I saw the teaser today before HP came on. Despite it being just a teaser it did bring up a lot of anticipation for this film. And the music hgfgdgdfhhng. If they make this one as good as The Dark Knight it could go down as one of the greatest film trilogies.

The Hatter

twisted dimensions ::~
    Years
  • I can't wait for this movie! Tom Hardy looks great as Bane. Although Bane isn't my favorite Batman villain, he certainly is one of the more realistic ones. I hope that Tom can pull it off, his body just doesn't seem Bane-like to me s: I am hoping that Ra's al Ghul is the secondary villain, because he is my favorite villain, other than Joker and Harley Quinn. Maybe we'll get some sort of Talia? That would be epic.

Also, I'm kind of confused about Gordon and Bruce. Does Gordon know Bruce is Batman? Because it seemed like Bruce is the one talking to Gordon, and he isn't using his "Batman" voice.

I couldn't really make out the dialogue during the teaser, so I'm not all that hyped up :C

It was Gordon saying that evil has returned, and the Batman needs to rise again to stop it.

Years
  • I can't wait for this movie! Tom Hardy looks great as Bane. Although Bane isn't my favorite Batman villain, he certainly is one of the more realistic ones. I hope that Tom can pull it off, his body just doesn't seem Bane-like to me s: I am hoping that Ra's al Ghul is the secondary villain, because he is my favorite villain, other than Joker and Harley Quinn. Maybe we'll get some sort of Talia? That would be epic.

Also, I'm kind of confused about Gordon and Bruce. Does Gordon know Bruce is Batman? Because it seemed like Bruce is the one talking to Gordon, and he isn't using his "Batman" voice.

It was Gordon saying that evil has returned, and the Batman needs to rise again to stop it.

That's the impression that I got - Gordon must have either figured it out or Bruce physically told him.

If Gordon dies I will be pissed.

The Hatter

twisted dimensions ::~
    Years

• That's the impression that I got - Gordon must have either figured it out or Bruce physically told him.

If Gordon dies I will be pissed.

I highly doubt that Nolan will kill him off. Nolan said himself that he liked Gordon more than Bruce.

Plus they kind of already did the whole "Death of Gordon" thing.

Years
  • I highly doubt that Nolan will kill him off. Nolan said himself that he liked Gordon more than Bruce.

Plus they kind of already did the whole "Death of Gordon" thing.

Ehh, true. If he were to die, it would have been in TDK. I don't think everybody will make it out unscathed in TDKR, though. :/

Ayselipera

The trailer looks really good, but there is still one problem... I didn't like the Dark Knight. Which gets me mad because I want to like it and I've seen it multiple times already, but I just cannot get into it. This is coming from a true Batman fan from childhood too! Either way I'm probably going to see this one anyways and just hope that by seeing it, it will somehow piece them altogether and make me like them all.

THANKFULLY Maggie Gyllenhaal was killed in the last movie (could not stand her) so hopefully I'll be able to get into this movie more. Plus Anne Hathaway is such a sweetie! I can't not like anything she's in.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The trailer looks really good, but there is still one problem... I didn't like the Dark Knight. Which gets me mad because I want to like it and I've seen it multiple times already, but I just cannot get into it. This is coming from a true Batman fan from childhood too! Either way I'm probably going to see this one anyways and just hope that by seeing it, it will somehow piece them altogether and make me like them all.

THANKFULLY Maggie Gyllenhaal was killed in the last movie (could not stand her) so hopefully I'll be able to get into this movie more. Plus Anne Hathaway is such a sweetie! I can't not like anything she's in.
    Did you like Batman Begins? Maggie wasn't in it

Years
  • The trailer looks really good, but there is still one problem... I didn't like the Dark Knight. Which gets me mad because I want to like it and I've seen it multiple times already, but I just cannot get into it. This is coming from a true Batman fan from childhood too! Either way I'm probably going to see this one anyways and just hope that by seeing it, it will somehow piece them altogether and make me like them all.

I never liked Maggie Gyllenhaal either, the one flaw I found in TDK. :/ Then again, Katie Holmes never struck me as being a good Rachael Dawes either. Hathaway should have been in the Trilogy from the begininng, imo.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Guessing most of you might have seen this, but a picture of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman has been released, might be a spoiler!

Spoiler:

:D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I heard that that's not her actual disguise, or if it is, it's not complete? Don't take my word for it though, I could be wrong.

When I first saw the image this morning on Yahoo!, my initial thought was that it didn't look very Catwoman-like. It just seemed pretty plain except for the high tech goggles. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing her play out the role of Selina.

I can't say Nolan doesn't know what he's doing.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I rather like it, but yeah I've also heard that this may be some sort of "transition" costume before Selina Kyle truly becomes Catwoman. I can't wait to see how she turns out in the role though, I think she'll do good.

Years
  • I rather like it, but yeah I've also heard that this may be some sort of "transition" costume before Selina Kyle truly becomes Catwoman. I can't wait to see how she turns out in the role though, I think she'll do good.

Remember in BB when Bruce ambushed Lt. Gordon in his office with a stapler? He had a similar rudimentary costume then, and busted out the batsuit when he took down Falcone. Hopefully, it'll be something like that.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'd rather she just stay as vigilante Selina or just The Cat and not full-on Catwoman.

Anyway, saw a photo of Marion Cotillard in costume. Looks very Ra's reminiscent. I know she's officially "Miranda Tate", but somehow I think this will end up being a Talia al Ghul role.

An interesting rumour I heard is that Nolan's going to try and cram a reference to each of the big villains in this movie and some of them you'd see. You just wouldn't notice it. Like how Zasz had that came in Batman Begins. He's there, but you don't notice he's there unless you freeze frame it. Maybe somewhere in the background we'll see a sign that reads "Iceberg Lounge" and what not.

Years
  • I'd rather she just stay as vigilante Selina or just The Cat and not full-on Catwoman.

Anyway, saw a photo of Marion Cotillard in costume. Looks very Ra's reminiscent. I know she's officially "Miranda Tate", but somehow I think this will end up being a Talia al Ghul role.

An interesting rumour I heard is that Nolan's going to try and cram a reference to each of the big villains in this movie and some of them you'd see. You just wouldn't notice it. Like how Zasz had that came in Batman Begins. He's there, but you don't notice he's there unless you freeze frame it. Maybe somewhere in the background we'll see a sign that reads "Iceberg Lounge" and what not.

Wasn't Talia romantically involved with Bruce at one point? That could explain why she'd be on the board.

And, the description given for Miranda Tate is that she wants Bruce to continue his philanthropic efforts for Gotham, which is somewhat similar to the economics plan Raz used in BB begins - it's all about the money. Hmmm.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I know nothing about Batman - my first exposure to anything Batman whatsoever was The Dark Knight - but I am incredibly psyched for this movie based on Anne Hathaway alone! If she does better in the role of Catwoman than Halle Berry did (and that wouldn't be too difficult) then knowing how Hollywood milks things, perhaps she'll get her own spinoff Catwoman movie.

Back