• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Day Care Center

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Yeah, and I think that it's even more funny that Diglett can breed with Wailord.
    wtf? that has to be the stuipedist thing I ever heard! why would they allow that kind of naughty behavior? espesialy if the diglett was the mama.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    After you handed your Pokémon over to the old, sweet lady, she'll then bring him/her to a nice, little, pink room, and… tie to a chair before stuffing rare candies down his/her throat.

This is the reason why I never let them handle my Pokémons, not even for breeding. Gosh! Who'll know what they'll do when you give them two of you Pokémons……

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would say the Lady nicely puts them in a nice room and trains them. Each time they practice their moves and do it greatly, she'd give them a rare candy. It's a thought, so I am not right or wrong.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Don't you just find it a little dissapointing that when you hand your pokemon over to the old hag, you can't actually see your pokemon in the back garden? Just lots of Buneary's -__- Is my Togepi being kept hostage in doors? :O

Kind of but even more dissappointing is that she lvls your pokemon and teaches moves that it is gonna learn and replaces like leer or the shitty moves all over your current moves such as egg moves and etc. Day care center is just crappy straight I only use it to IV breed and nothing.

SpiderCarnage

This guy
    Years
    omg i feel the same
    i think they should include that you can see your pokemon running around in HG/SS (especially if your starter follows you, cos that means we know O/W sprite for multiple 'mons are possible :) )

in gold & silver you could see them in a weird form remember & that would be sweet

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    After you handed your Pokémon over to the old, sweet lady, she'll then bring him/her to a nice, little, pink room, and… tie to a chair before stuffing rare candies down his/her throat.

This is the reason why I never let them handle my Pokémons, not even for breeding. Gosh! Who'll know what they'll do when you give them two of you Pokémons……

Hehe, so nicely put (: Well whatever these day care ogars are doing, I don't think it's all that nice =F Our pokemon should be in the garden, enough said.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    I heard somewhere that Celebi appears and puts down an egg. That would explain the entire Ditto problem, because Celebi might not be too smart and never expect that other Glaceon to be a transformed Ditto.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I heard somewhere that Celebi appears and puts down an egg. That would explain the entire Ditto problem, because Celebi might not be too smart and never expect that other Glaceon to be a transformed Ditto.

Well we don't know if that is officially true but it could be a possibility.

I would think that the pokemon have their own playroom where they can train together, breed, and maybe the old lady gives them rare candies if they are being good. I don't think we'll ever know how it goes, but maybe one day one of those storytellers in the game (it's usually the old people who tell you) will tell us a story about it.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It's possible, but this would also make the realism in breeding of one male and one female.

I really wish to see a feature where the player is able to visit his/her Pokémon in the Day Care. Perhaps this could increase the Pokémon's happiness whenever you visit it?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It's possible, but this would also make the realism in breeding of one male and one female.

I really wish to see a feature where the player is able to visit his/her Pokémon in the Day Care. Perhaps this could increase the Pokémon's happiness whenever you visit it?

That would be a great idea. If they could be in the back of the Daycare Center, and you can visit them it could sort of be like Amity Square. If you are visiting it, it could walk around with you and gain friendship. Maybe even pick up items.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    i hate that. when i first started playing, i was like, ''Hell yeah, now i can see my shinx!'', only to be dissapointed. just like everything else in my life (Lol)

Ayselipera

I know what you mean I absolutly hate it.
    I miss when you could go in the back of the
    daycare and talk to your pokemon. You could
    even fish in the small pond! Hopefully they will
    bring it back for HG/SS.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Oh yeah, I remember being able to fish in the Day Care Center.. Aww brings back a few memories!

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    i know i could see it she could be doing anything

opps!! i ment to say couldn't insted of could silly me

Last edited:
    Years
    At least the daycare isn't as sketchy as the one in the Kanto region. *shivers*

Yeah, I thought I was going to be able to see my Pokemon too...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I know what you mean I absolutly hate it.
    I miss when you could go in the back of the
    daycare and talk to your pokemon. You could
    even fish in the small pond! Hopefully they will
    bring it back for HG/SS.

I'd have to agree with you here. Since we know they wouldn't make a remake of Platinum, Diamond or Pearl, they could add it for HeartGold and SoulSilver. Though it would've been cool if they made your pokemon go in the back with the Buneary and the rest. It could help socializing for them I guess? Although I guess it is because now we have more legenedaries then in Gold and Silver. That could make a huge difference because with these different sizes and types of legendaries we have now, it'll be weird seeing it in the back of the Daycare Center. In Gold and Silver it was somewhat of a different story.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    Maybe they don't wanna show them.... you know... mating. I mean I know that they don't have to show that part but....that's an issue that would come up. I mean if they did that they might have to remove the breeding option from the North American release of the game like they did with the game corner in the European release. (Not like that would happen)

Back