• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • I'm just glad Twitter's not signing up to the black-out. If this had happened last year, I'd be crying over Wikipedia's blackout, but I'm not as reliant on that as I am on Twitter. How am I going to know what brand of soap Kim Kardashian uses tomorrow, guys?!

Years
  • Well. The bills have broad bipartisan support fueled by RIAA money. So don't think "it won't pass" or something, unless pressure is kept up.

Next time it will probably be called the Stop Al Qaeda's Global Terrorism Network Act, like how those awful 5th Amendment shredding provisions were added in the NDRA. >__>

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • If this bill gets passed, there will be no more ROM Hacking. NOOOO!!!!
    There won't be much of an internet in general. Any type of gameplay video, screenshots, even as much as a video of your little sister singing a pop song, would be illegal. It's a really scary prospect, and this bill is just a huge overreach and goes overboard to correct the piracy problem.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • I don't think it'll pass.

There's entirely too many companies, and people who are fighting against it. Even the government itself uses, and relies on some of the websites that it mentioned destroying. - w - I just.. I don't see it passing, not even for a second. I signed the petition, but I'm barely worried at all. :/

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    The ONLY way to combat piracy is for one to actually pay for some stuff (movies, music, etc) and even then it won't stop piracy all together...

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Yeah I doubt it will pass. At least I really hope it won't, I signed it anyway (as I did too a few months ago cause this was going on at that time as well), but yeah it's just such an incomprehensible idea to me, I can't really grasp it haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The way for companies to combat piracy is to make things easy and convenient to buy. That's it.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I believe it won't pass but this would mean I would have to stop my career as a video editor and I don't know how well Deivantart is going to be going as well.

Years
  • I don't think it'll pass.

There's entirely too many companies, and people who are fighting against it. Even the government itself uses, and relies on some of the websites that it mentioned destroying. - w - I just.. I don't see it passing, not even for a second. I signed the petition, but I'm barely worried at all. :/
    This is the same government that's brought the U.S. to the cliff edge of economic shutdown on more than one occasion so I wouldn't be surprised if some crazies there actually wanted to make things worse.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't even know why this bill is still alive... honestly it'll hurt more companies than it'll help. Besides, some of the "illegal" content actually helps companies by creating public awareness of their products and services...

Oh wait, some companies/people/politicians are too dumb/crazy to realize that. My bad.

Still hope common sense somehow wins out over the crazies in government... otherwise the internet as we know it is doomed...

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I hope this bill doesn't pass, off course. Today I was going to search something on the Elder Scrolls wiki and then I saw picture - This site is blocked - U.S Government Firewall. First it was creepy and then I realized that SOPA has something to do with it. I might be stupid or something but I haven't realized why they REALLY want to block many many sites.

Copyright stuff... I know but still...

Last edited:

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

No worries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back