• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
  • Sure, you want some fries with that too?

Alright, I don't know why the GP and Magma/Aqua are claiming this area. I'd also like it to be made clear if this is taking place before/after the events of R/S/E or whether it's just sitting out there, completely separate from the plot of both games beyond the mention of Magma/Aqua. And why hasn't Team Galactic spoken up? Are they too busy playing with the Pixie trio? I'm liking the fact that it's sort of a 'mysterious but still exciting' plot, and I'm already raring to sign up for it, but you need to clear that up. I mean, I can understand the GP trying to calm everyone down, but Magma/Aqua are disbanded eco-terrorists assuming we're going by game plot here, and as such they wouldn't claim responsibility. Other then that, I can't see all that much wrong with it. (And I'm already toying around with characters. Travis would fit, but I can't play him without his Zangoose. Langley is inseparable from Arachne. I suppose I could revamp Mark, but then I might want an entirely new character. DANGIT! MY LIFE IS FULL OF DIFFICULT DECISIONS!)

By the way, are fossils allowed? I didn't notice anything banning them on the list.

Fries? Yes, please. :3 [/Irrelevance]

Actually, I was considering Galactic but I figured that the Magma/Aqua scenario would underscore the ridiculous turn of events. And yes, this is post-R/S/E, but I figured that the big bad eco-terrorists wouldn't just give up and go home because their leaders went soft, so they'd be trying to restore their tarnished reputation...hence claiming credit for a deed that has every big official's pantaloons in a knot. ;D As for the GP...they were trying to keep up the facade that they have everything under control (I mean come on, suddenly being shut out from somewhere without knowing why is a huge loss of face for an organization like that), playing on the conspiracy theorists' will to always blame officials for everything.

But yeah...I might swap Magma/Aqua with the slightly more sensible galactic. :3

As for fossils...ack, good question, actually. From a technical standpoint, they would fit the bill, but...eh, what the heck. Why not? Maybe I can finally squeeze in a Lileep on my character's team. xD Though of course, fossils start out as restricted in power as any. ^^

Dunno' about Animal crossing so I can't really comment on that one. =O

Zaiku

I LIEK MUDKIPZ!!!!!!
    Years
  • Ooh, new RP from AE, I really gotta join this! Well, if I get my assignments done, I'm neck deep in them and I finished some today! Yay, only 2 assignments and two halfs of other assignments left. I 've been doing assignments since 6:30 am and in Oz it's 2:44pm so I'm taking a well deserved break.

Anyway, on topic, it looks really good! I want to bring Zaiku into this, but I don'think I should, if he doesn't have his Erureido. Maybe a new character, or possibly chuck Ace into this. :\

On second thought, I could just alter Zaiku to fit into the plot.

Anyway, I have an RP I'm working on, please be brutally honest:

Spoiler:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Oh, seriously you lazy peoples: what ever happened to just plain making a new character? *Rolls eyes*

@Zaiku: On a purely aesthetic note: remove those random centralizations. It's okay for titles and such, but the plot itself should be written in a consistent format to make it look more professional. Second, you've got some incorrect paragraphing there: The one starting with "This" should really be in connection with the previous one since the 'This' needs something within the paragraph to refer to, which it currently doesn't have. The same goes for 'It' (See your next paragraph). Again, the 'It' being referred to should be within the same paragraph, so maybe rethink where you put the empty lines. :3 You seem to have content fairly well covered, but work on your presentation: a lot of these sentences are rather choppy, and parenthesis remark are always a bit of a turn-off since they give the impression of a hasty presentation. Other than that, a bit more in terms of setting details (Current state of the world, what countries exist, some details about what this safe haven is like, local customs, the status of a warrior in society (Is it a big, honorable thing or just a profession among many others?) and so on) would be nice to give the RPers something more to go on when creating their characters. As it is...it's just sort of lukewarm because I'm not getting that epic feel from the backstory. Just take your time with building the mood and try to tell the tale in a more epic style (Looking at real life legends and epics for their narrative style could be a nice touch) to catch the reader's interest. x3

Sorry for the less-than-full commentary; today is my recovery day so I'm not at my sharpest. More to come tomorrow, probably. :3

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Currently, Art_Critic_Cubone and I are in the planning stages of a Pokemon-themed RP. It may be a while before anything is set, but I just wanted to let everyone know.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • In case anyone has ever cared to read even a line from the bible.. you'll know that God has never actually done anything himself. He would rather see his children, (that's us by the way) find out how to do it for ourselves... such is the unbelievably large whole in the concept of an all powerful God. I mean seriously... has anyone ever seen a god do anything? From ancient Aztec to modern Christianity, no one has seen God do divine things, we as a people have done them. so naturally God would send Humans to open the gates of hell and let it out.

I've done my homework and this is actualy... pretty accurate... not just to Christianity, but i studied other cultures for this... the Dragon... Lucifer, the devil.. he's always portrayed as a dragon. I read that he did something wrong yet great for he did a service and now we know of good and evil.

Darn.... I sound like my grandma...

~JBCBlank

In all fairness, we would have known what was evil if Satan hadn't pulled the apple shtick, we just wouldn't commit it. And just because you haven't seen God do something divine doesn't mean that He doesn't. You'd have to be omniscient yourself in order to prove your statement in the first place. Such is the "whole" in the concept of this roleplay's portrayal. [/overdue comment]

@Alter: New characters are overrated. XD Nonetheless, you can tell that everyone's slavering, waiting for this roleplay to get on the road. And now that I know that fossils are legalized, I totally get dibs on Cranidos.

@Zaiku: Alter got there before I did, so there isn't much I can say... 0_o

Okay.... time for the spoiler tags of justice. Yes, Porygon-Z and I worked together on the concept for this roleplay, so technically we both wrote it, but I'm the one who drafted this thing. (Porygon-Z is in charge of the sign-up sheet and rules, which shall be posted accordingly.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • To tell everyone the truth, this was the first time I've seen the final plot for our RP as well. And I absolutely love it. Expect it to be posted soon, barring any suggestions from the Role Playing masses.

By the way, we would like some constructive criticism before we attempt to post the RP. So, if you will, please criticize the heck out of us. We want it. We neeeeed it. Thank you.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • @ACC/Porygon-Z union: I've been meaning to read through the whole plot properly for quite a while, but couldn't find the time until now. Anyways, it looks interesting thus far, but I've got to ask: do the characters themselves get to be armed? You know, this being a war and all? Don't they have any weapons at all or is this against some religious ethos of theirs? Just curious. :3 I'm also left wondering a bit about what kind of place the sacred land is. I mean, there's some stuff about the society but what about the climate and geographical features? For instance, are they set in valley, mountain, or flatland? Do they have a connection to the sea or not? Are there any big forests or is it just plains all around? Any significant landmarks besides the towers? Stuff like that. I'm also wondering about the 'Title' field on the sign-up sheet. What's that all about? Is it like, their social standing or something? Or are they all like knights or nobles or something who get snazzy titles to prove it? o.O Some clarification on the subject would be appreciated. I'm also a bit leery-eyed about lumping personality and history together in the same field like that (Could get...messy. x_O) but that's your call.

At any rate, it looks like I have another profile to complete now. Any estimates on when this RP will be released? :3

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Actually, to tell you the truth, the lumping of personality/history for my own personal needs. If one wishes to separate them into two different fields, I would have no problem with that. For me, it's easier to write the personality and the history as one thing, as I like to associate attributes of their personality to certain events in their past. I would say from playing the Gold, Silver, and Crystal games, it would appear that the environment will mostly be mountainous with small patches of flatland in between. The Kingdom of Fandavale will possess a port, but since most of this war will take place on land, the port will be of little importance except for the importation of goods. I don't want to decide too much on the arming of characters without discussing this with Cubone first. I'm sure what is known as the Ilex Forest could play a role in this. But, before I say anything further, I need to clarify a few things with my associate. Good day.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Well, on the weapons, they don't matter to me personally since the character I have in mind wouldn't use them even if they were allowed, I just wanted to get a full picture of the kind of setting we're dealing with. x3

Anyways, I understand the need to debate certain details but any chance of getting a clarification on the purpose 'title' field? I mean, you were the one who made the sheet, right? :3 Oh, and it just occurred to me: are there any restrictions on what pokémon you can get? I mean, I'm assuming that you won't be running legendary teams, but what about the artificial pokémon? (I'm thinking the Beldum, Porygon, Voltorb and Magnemite evolution lines here) Since this is supposed to be a medieval type setting they technically shouldn't exist yet. So yeah, allowed or no?

Gee...I'm being such a pest with these questions, aren't I? Sorry about that. This is just the kind of thing that occurs to me when I'm filling up a sign-up sheet. :3

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Um... in regards to weaponry, yes, all weapons are allowed. May I point out the line where I stated that the weapons of these people are rag-tag? How on earth would that be possible if they couldn't wield weapons in the first place?

Anyway, medieval setting means medieval Pokemon, so no Porygon evolution line or fossils. Magnemite, it could be argued, aren't truly artificial since they aren't actually created by humans, but fossils have been extinct for a while and fossil-rezzing tech isn't available.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    @ACC/Porygon-Z: It's an interesting plot, but with the characters' partnered Pokemon, are they able to communicate intelligently? Are humans and Pokemon able to talk to one another, or is it more like a mutual understanding?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I would say that they cannot have a direct, intelligent conversation with one another. I think it'll be typical Pokemon-Human interaction, with Pokemon understanding general commands from their partners and the humans understanding their Pokemon through their actions, tone of the sounds they make, and their facial expressions

I would say the people of Lilore have the most advanced weaponry: steel weapons, primitive catapults, etc. The people of the Sacred Land will rely mostly on intelligence and guerrilla tactics to win. Their weapons, in my mind, will be mainly bows and slingshots made of wood. Nothing spectacular. I hope to have this RP up in a day or two at the most. As long as Cubone and I feel we are ready.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Oh, we're ready. As long as everyone thinks that's good, we're ready. :3

Title? That's for former noblemen. [/late answer]

Actually, I'd say that Fandavale has just as much technology available to them as Lliore. Lliore is basically a barbaric nation that overcomes castles through sheer force of numbers and anger, not particularly because their guns are bigger (thought they do have better siege engines.) Fandavale balances this out by being a nation with more focus on Pokemon as mounts or armed troops, so the two are fairly even. The problem is that a battle in the middle of the Sacred Ground is going to completely ravage the place, and the villagers will be caught in the crossfire.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I posted the thread. As soon as it is approved, sign-ups will be open.

Years
  • Question Porygon-Z; in the sign-ups, you have a section that says "homeland." Would that be like, saying your homeland is Johto, or saying it's a part of a kingdom?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Any area of Johto is acceptable. Maybe they're a merchant sucked into the war. Maybe their a devoted follower of Ho-Oh drawn to the area to protect their idol. But I'd prefer if they were from the area, but they don't have to be.

Years
  • Any area of Johto is acceptable. Maybe they're a merchant sucked into the war. Maybe their a devoted follower of Ho-Oh drawn to the area to protect their idol. But I'd prefer if they were from the area, but they don't have to be.

Ah, but then that would mean that there really isn't much of an option to pick from. As is said in the RP, there are two fighting kingdoms, and both of them are just that; kingdoms. They are not Olivine, and they are not Goldenrod. They are just in that location, so that would mean that there is a vastness on the land that has not been named (many other cities or kingdoms, or as the past would have it, City-States and such). If the RP centers around the Sacred Land peoples, then there really isn't much of an option other than the spot between the two kingdoms or something...I think. Unless I just didn't get it. XD

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I'm planning to join the roleplay myself, but there is one thing to worry about me. Since the only way I can get internet access from home is by my Wii or PSP, my post might only cover up to 1-4 paragraphs. One, typing out what I want to say on the Wii takes heck long and two, I am limited to type out a certain number of letters. (I'm guessing around 250-750.) The only exception around this is if I post out my responses on school or somewhere else.

Will I still be able to join in the roleplay, even with this obstacle limiting (but not too limiting) me? If I'm stilled allowed, however do not worry about my sign up sheet. I'll make sure that it's as long as it can be.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I honestly have no idea what you are saying. Just post your sign-up and I'll let you know what needs to be approved.

chomp

Mors Ontologica
    Years
  • I'll ask here rather than the actual thread shall I?

About the weapons and such; would it be acceptable to you two if I gave my character a crossbow? Because crossbows are teh awesome! It isn't extremely important, but I would certainly appreciate it if he could have one. I'm almost finished my sign up otherwise, save for the RP Sample. I'm writing something original for this, and it'll probably be up tomorrow at some point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back