• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
  • I agree with tkallab, Lugia is more of a dragon than Altaira is! It definetly shouldn't be considered as a bird! at least it doesn't have a beak like Altaira!

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • God, I didn't even notice Altaria's in there! Granted, he's Dragon-typed, but he's really just a bird. If a dragon that looks like a bird can come in, why not what-you-say-is a bird that looks like a dragon?

Am I annoying you yet? Haha, just kidding.

tkallab

Years
  • Now, now, I don't want toget any dragons off the list (except maybe Altaria), and before it was known that the fossils that were found were those of dinosaurs, it was thought that they were dragon bones. Plus, Lugia has some dinosaur traits, like the spikes on its tail and the stegosaur things on his back.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Sure but Tyranitar... sereously?!
    Just take a look:
    The Dragon's Den V.4
    The Dragon's Den V.4

see the resemblance?
    Also there's a great difference between dinosaurs and dragons:
    The Dragon's Den V.4
    The Dragon's Den V.4

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, I'm getting your points about this....

Especially the PokeSpe panel, because that's the one I was referencing too xD

And dinosaurs are reptilian, and the only real "dragon" we have today is reptilian, the Komodo Dragon.

So, they kinda are dragons... Personally I don't think we should vote anything with the dragon typing to be a non-dragon.

However, I do propose a poll on whether or not we let Lugia be classified as a dragon or not. However, Silhouette owns the club...so it's up to him whether or not we do it.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Komodo dragon is called that way cause of it's size.
    I should know since I plan on being a zoologist, and it's my favourite animal!
    Even if it is a dragon, one specie doesn't make all reptiles suitable for considering as dragons, cause then we could consider a Kecleon as a dragon! See where I'm geting at?
    Also, why should pokemon that have dragon type be definitly considered as such?! Nintendo assigned them dragon types JUST cause they're legendary! Dialga looks like a giant horse, for God's sake!

tkallab

Years
  • Yeah, but no dinosaur was ever known to stand staight up, like Tyranitar. Also, Tyranitar doesn't have that many teeth, so it can't be such a good carnivore. His arms are too big and his legs too small, and he has no neck. His eyes are at the front of his head, and not in the middle. He's shown to care for his children, too.
    I'd say he's a dinosaur-dragon hybrid or something.

And yes, dragons and dinosaurs don't look so much alike, but you gotta admit, if I asked you what animal looked most like a dragon, you'd say dinosaur. Or komodo dragon, haha.
    And yes, I know, dinosaur is a superorder, not a kind of animal. But still.

Anyway, I made this list of Lugia's traits. Additions, anyone?

*Darnit, Amore! You ninja'd me! Haha.
    **Et tu, dragoniteuser?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Yeah, but no dinosaur was ever known to stand staight up, like Tyranitar. Also, Tyranitar doesn't have that many teeth, so it can't be such a good carnivore. His arms are too big and his legs too small, and he has no neck. His eyes are at the front of his head, and not in the middle. He's shown to care for his children, too.
    I'd say he's a dinosaur-dragon hybrid or something.

Just cause a Pokemon is based on animal doesn't mean it is copied off that animal's apperance! Of course there will be differences but you must admit they are little! ;)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok...good list.

Ok, how about this. You two, as you seem to be the most vocal, post, in your next two posts, which pokemon you wanted voted on.

Then, if Silhouette's ok with it, we vote. K?

Btw, about Dialga, I remember one of you complaining....it's based on a Sauropod, which is a dinosaur.

*Yes, I am a ninja. You're not the first to realise xD

Last edited:

tkallab

Years
  • I'd say Tyranitar is based on Godzilla, haha!

*Whoa, ninja'd. I want a vote on Lugia and if it's not a bother, Altaria.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • LOL, you're right, Tyranitat DOES look like a godzila! But that's still not a dragon!
    So I think we should vote about tyranitar!
    PS: I second the Lugia and Altaira vote!
    PPS: who get's to vote, cause I think that only Dragon's Den members should vote, since this concerns them only!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I thought it was obvious it was only going to be me voting xD

Yeah, no non-members. It'll be easy to do it, due to my methods, don't worry....

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Whenever Silhouette says it's ok. Well, not exactly then. If I'm not online when that happens, you have to wait until I give instructions on how to vote. I would type them out now...but it'd be wasted effort if we never do the poll.....

But, a question for you all to ponder now....if we do this poll, I'll be collecting all the votes...so should I be able to put my own vote in? Or would you all suspect me of fixing it? xD.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • Can I join please?... xD

Favourite Dragons?

Mine has to be flygon/giratina. They are both simply awesome

Should garchomp and/or salamence be uber?

Salamence should, garchomp sucks.

Lance or Clair?

Clair, because Lance was simple...

Which dragon looks best shiny?

Rayquaza XD

Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form?

Origin.

Whats your Dragon Team?

Giratina LV 78

Flygon LV 80

Latias LV 75

Kingdra LV 70

Salamence LV 72

Gyrados LV 69

Should Tyranitar be a Dragon?

Yah, because he is awesome.

What is your favorite legendary Dragon?

Giratina, because he is half ghost XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Welcome!

And...it won't be properly "members only", you'd have to view the thread to get the instructions.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • However, I do propose a poll on whether or not we let Lugia be classified as a dragon or not. However, Silhouette owns the club...so it's up to him whether or not we do it.
    Yeah, sure, I don't mind. However, I don't think we're going to be taking Dialga/Palkia off the list if we're even considering making Lugia a dragon.
    Can I join please?... xD

Of course you can, you will be added!

whoo! new thread!

I'll answe the questions again.

Favorite Dragons? Latios, Latias, shiny/normal Rayquaza
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? i dont really care
    Lance or Clair? lance
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? rayquaza
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? origin
    Whats your Dragon Team? latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Dragonite, Kingdra, Groudon (i kno he's not a dragon)
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? sure
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Lati@s

btw, would a griffin type pokemon go into the dragon caegory?

yup, well, thats that. oops, almost forgot:rejoin plz
    Yep, you'll be added.

Also, Amore, I read about how you wanted to have a member's list in your post. I think that would be a great idea, and it would make the first post a bit more organized. Let me know what you think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back