• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Here's what you said:
    Sure, the democrats got the majority of votes, but it was pretty close, so let's vote again XD
    I simply have no idea when I said this. Mind pointing out to me?
    But yeah, this is very democratic. And if you're going to call on rule 3, it was the minority who requested the voting... So yeah.

I say we've concluded the whole Altaria mess with this. But it isn't fair to say that it'll always stay this way, because there might be a shift in opinions later on. Let's just say this can't be discussed anymore until september or something, in half a year.
    You're not getting my point. There wasn't any overwhelming support for Altaria not being a dragon. 54.5% votes against anything proves absolutely nothing. And the fact that you don't even want to consider placing Altaria's status as disputed itself is tyranny. :(

Last edited:

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    As I said, 'half plus one gets their way'. The only case where nothing would be proven was if both sides would get the same amount of votes, in which case I would have withdrawn my own vote.

We were voting because Altaria's status was already kind of disputed, that's why we had a revote. Mind you, there was already a vote long ago. I was trying to clear things up with this vote.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    How is it tyranny when it was neither cruel nor unjust? This was put to a vote where all members could vote. If they didn't it was their choice. What would have been tyranny is if this matter was decided by only tkallab and Sil.

tkallab

Years
    And draggy, he usually has some influence too XD

Let's drop it for now. I don't think anybody means it this way, but I feel like we're becoming a bit too hostile. Everything went according to the rules I made at the beginning, and nobody objected then. Everything went fair, no hard feelings.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    If you could change a way some dragon pokemon evolve (by lvl., method, etc.) which would it be, and how would you change it?

I'd change the level at which Deino evolves into Zweilous and Zxeilous evolves into Hydreigon. I think it should be high e.g. Lv38 and then Lv55. But Lv50 and then Lv64 is too much.

tkallab

Years
    I'd just make Deino evolve into Zweilous around level 35. 50 is way too high.

By the way, we're giving everyone one week to get familiar with the new Pokémon, and then we're gonna add all the new Dragon Pokémon.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
    Years
    If you could change a way some dragon pokemon evolve (by lvl., method, etc.) which would it be, and how would you change it?

I'd change the level at which Deino evolves into Zweilous and Zxeilous evolves into Hydreigon. I think it should be high e.g. Lv38 and then Lv55. But Lv50 and then Lv64 is too much.
    Amen to that.
    But yeah, Level 64?honestly, that's just nuts, Nintendo.
    ~RulerArceus
    P.S. Sorry I havent been around much. We're moving, so they cut off the Net couple days ago.
    Plus I had nothin' to say about another Dragon Pre-evolution.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Two days ago I received a message from Hiiro, a staff here at PC, regarding Altaria. The message is shown below.

Hiiro said:
    Hi there, Silhouette, remember me? I used to be an old co-owner of the Dragon's Fan club over at Pokémon Groups. I went by the name of f l a s h. Anyway, the reason why I'm sending you this message is because it seems like the members and co-owners of the group has the wrong idea about the club. They say it's about the POKEMON and not the TYPE. Well, that's not true. Under the index we have you guys under the Types category, meaning your club is there to discuss about the Pokémon and the Type as well. So you might want to let them know this, and if it wasn't about the type, then that means we'd need to have a club about the Dragon Pokémon (yours) and a club on the Dragon Type which I'm sure you'll agree that that is absolutely redundant.

Having said that, it seems this is enough reasoning to keep Altaria in the group as it is part Dragon-type. There's really no reason to have a vote on it, because just because one doesn't think of it as a Dragon type at the end of the day it's classified as one officially by its typing.

...but anyway, does this sound good to you? At least letting your members know your club isn't just for the Pokémon themselves, but the type as well.
    I bolded the important part.

Now, Hiiro was nice enough to contact me on the matter, so it seems that the voting -- while fun (and dangerous o_o) -- is at its end for Dragon-typed Pokemon. We can still hold votes for non-dragons, of course.

EDIT: And, since I believe BW are out in most/all regions, we can discuss the Pokemon (although I don't think this will make a difference >_>). Like tkallab (or whoever it was) said earlier, we can get about a week to warm up to the new Pokemon before adding Dragons to the list.

Last edited:
    Years
    I love you, Hiiro, for taking note of our small issue! n_n

I couldn't help but agree with this:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Really? Salamence is way too strong and cool for such a low level...

@Silhouette
    We had this disscussion before. If we can add pokemon to the club that aren't Dragon-TYPED, why would a Pokemon that is be guaranteed, without any doubt, to have a place in the club?
    it's a two way street. Othervise, keep only Dragon typed, cause this makes no sence at all.

tkallab

Years
    @ Silhouette:

After we did all the voting, I have to say... I agree with this now. Let's just keep it that Dragon types are Dragons too. For my own peace of mind, I consider the Dragon type to be an element that some Pokémon have, no matter if they are truly a Dragon or not. Apparently Altaria has the Dragon Element, just like Starmie happens to have the Psychic element.
    So, we can all say now that Altaria belongs in the Dragon's Den, wether he is a Dragon or not doesn't matter, because he has the Dragon element. I still don't think he's a Dragon, though.

I hope others agree with me here. I like it when I overthink stuff and people still agree.

Edit: In other words, I propose we be a club for BOTH Dragons and Dragon-types.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I'd like to join...
    Spoiler:

Favorite Dragons?
    Latias.
    Spoiler:

Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber?
    From what I understand, yes.
    (what I understand is that they get to set up REALLY easily & just waste teams after teams.)

Lance or Clair?
    Lance. he's actually helpful, unlike that stuck-up Clair...

Which Dragon looks best Shiny?
    Spoiler:

Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form?
    I think I like the Another forme, AKA the great wall.

Whats your Dragon Team?
    Spoiler:

Should Tyranitar be a Dragon?
    Judging by apperance & performance, I'd call it a pseudo-dragon.
    so, yeah.

What is your favorite legendary Dragon?
    Latias.
    Spoiler:

treecko0

Carpe Diem
    Years

I the trapinch one and

I think they made it that way because you can only get Deino towards the end of the game, Victory Road, to be exact. But I do whish it was like you said.....I got him and Ononokuso in my in game team...

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Hey guys!
    Urm, I haven't been on in a while because I lost an interest in Pokemon for a couple of months, but I've just ordered Pokemon White and I'm going to start playing it after my exams have finished! (They finish next week or so).
    Well obviously since I haven't played Pokemon Black/White yet I don't know about any of the Pokemon in there. So Imma go retro and say that Salamences evolution line neeeeeds to be changed. I mean, why does a ball of cotton (Shelgon) evolve into something as majorly awesome as Salamence! </3

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
    They removed the "Forest Grovyles Legendaries" background D: I is so sad :( It was the only Latios/Latias one...

On topic: I would change the level that pupitar evolves into t-tar. I don't remember the levels, I just remember it being "too damn high!"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back