• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Not to mention the rest of it's body which is clearly seahorse!
    Also, I don't think we should disscuss gen V. in spoilers, since Amore requested it, and he isn't around anymore.
    Pllus it's annoying... O.o

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Let's see if there's anyone who would prefer there to be spoilers first. If there's one person requesting it, that's enough reason.

Yes, let's not forget the seahorse body. But I think Kingdra would look a lot more like a dragon if it had a different mouth, even if its body stayed the same.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    Kingdra has both Dragon and Sea Horse qualities. I agree with tkallab. It would make a big difference if Kingdra didn't have that nose/mouth. Even with keeping its Sea Horse body, giving it a new mouth would change its appearence enough that it wouldn't look almost completely dragon like it does now.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    I agree with Tony Montana.
    anyway, alright then, sorry for not being online much BTW, I'm gonna go do jobs around the neighbourhood and i'm gonna go sled racing today so don't excpect to much Xil today either....

Kingdra, King of seahorses or dragons? Closed: Result: Kingdra is a Dragon.

It sounded like an argument to me, everyone had their own sides and all, Draggy was one of the only ones who, finally, wasn't convinced, XD.

Ok, can anyone think of a new topic?

JERIICHO

Jericho is Law
    Years
    i can think of a new topic where does milotic belong at
    a dragon or a water only type?
    i think its a dragon if gyarados is a dragon but it looks like a serpent
    so i think it looks a bit dragonish to me

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Ok, here's a question for you:
    A question that I think even all of you together won't be able to answer completly accurate,
    What makes dragon a dragon?

(A real one, not pokemon...)

JERIICHO

Jericho is Law
    Years
    i think the fact thats its mytholigical
    and that its known as traditions in alot of countries and respected to be the ulitimate beast (other than a t rex)
    and has still got some relitives in the world

tkallab

Years
    A dragon, hmmm...

As far as real Dragons go, a dragon is any creature that's taxonomified (or whatever you call that) to be a dragon. But I don't believe in dragons, only in those created by humans in the form of art, be it in images or stories. IF the artist says it's a dragon, it's a dragon, unless it's painfully clear that it's something different (looking at Altaria). This is probably as close to my truth as I can get.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    @JERIICHO
    Dragons are mythological, true, but you'we got more to go.
    T-rex isn't an ultimate beast, and never was, as new studies show that T-rex was a scavenger rather than a predator. Dinosaurs speaking, I'd say Spinosaurus was the "ultimate beast"...

@tkallab
    This... I knew you'd say that. But it's not true.
    Dragons aren't what the drawer, or whatever, chooses it to be. Anything can be anything then...

What I'm looking for is what makes a dragon an animal it is.
    What are they, what makes them what they are?
    And there are answers, but I'll need all of them.
    :D

JERIICHO

Jericho is Law
    Years
    @JERIICHO
    Dragons are mythological, true, but you'vegot more to go.
    T-rex isn't an ultimate beast, and never was, as new studies show that T-rex was a scavenger rather than a predator. Dinosaurs speaking, I'd say Spinosaurus was the "ultimate beast"...

@tkallab
    This... I new you'd say that. But it's not true.
    Dragons aren't what the drawer, or whatever chooses it to be. Anything can be anything then...

What I'm looking for is what makes a dragon an animal it is.
    what are they, what makes them what they are?
    And there are answers, but I'll need all of them.
    :D
    yeah you are right saying it was a scavanger but i would be to being 14-15 metres long and being 2 tonnes i wouldn't want injured and would have to pursue prey with a huge bulky head scavanging seems easier also trex brains are very complex its bigger than spinosaurs not in size but in intellect gignotosaurus is huge as in 16 metres long and standing 10 tall thats BIG but anyway back to the topic as my point stated they are well renown in the world and thats where i had dinosaurus come in from fossils that are a bit like them archeoptryx etc and lizards as connections

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
    Alright, so I forgot to fill out this little thingy the first time I tried to apply, so here's my second chance. Sorry for the overlooking. xD

Favorite Dragons?:
    Dragonite, Salamence, Flygon, Garchomp, Charizard (although he isn't 'Dragon' type), Gyarados (again, not 'Dragon' type, but hey), Altaria, Giratina and Kingdra.

Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber?:
    Garchomp should because of his speed, and Salamence should because of his brutal attack.

Lance or Clair?
    Clair, because we're both similar. But...Lance uses more variety of Dragons rather than just the Dratini evos like Clair does.

Which Dragon looks best Shiny?
    Shiny Charizard, but if you're looking for shiny Dragon type, definitely shiny Flygon. Shiny Salamence and shiny Dragonite look really gross in my opinion. But I'd love to have them. :P

Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form?
    The origin form looks like what a Dragon god should look like. So yeah, origin form.

Whats your Dragon Team?
    Salamence (level 100, purebred), Dragonite (level 67, purebred), Flygon (level 68, purebred), Garchomp (level 68, purebred), Kingdra (level 67, purebred), Charizard (level 67, purebred).

Should Tyranitar be a Dragon?
    Nope. Sorry, but he doesn't carry that swag that Dragons have.

What is your favorite legendary Dragon?
    Giratina. The whole concept of him is amazing.​

tkallab

Years
    Relax, it's optional and you're already a member, Maj. Cor.

Draggy, you can't say it's not true. Yes, anything can be anything, to some degree. That limit is something clearly being something else. Like Altaria, or IRL the Komodo Dragon.
    But if you want to look at the physical aspects... Dragons are just lizards with long necks. Maybe some horns too.

BIG IMAGE
    Spoiler:

Of course, this is the boring way of naming Dragons.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    No, dragons are not lizards, but they are reptiles. They are ALWAYS reptiles, and you'll find a lot of pictures showing fish-like, mammal-like, etc. dragon pictures. Those ARE NOT dragons, and they never will be, no matter what the artist says!
    Long necks and horns are optional...

tkallab

Years
    How about Gyarados? I'm willing to bet you think he's a Dragon, even though he's based on a fish.

Also, I feel the need to add a smily-face, because it feels like we're in some kind of fight and we don't want that. :)

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    We're having a disscussion.
    I thought you'd get used to that by now...

Gyarados is more of a reptile than a fish.
    True, the tail doesn't really go in my favor, but the scales, mouth, ridges, etc. definetly do.

tkallab

Years
    Yeah, but somehow this feels more hostile than usual... Nevermind.

Also,

>Implying that fishes don't have scales
    >Implying that reptiles mave mouths like that

And I think the ridges are based on back fins, not anything reptilian.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    The picture was adorable.

I've never thought of Gyrados as a dragon. He has the appearence of more of a sea beast then a dragon. Gryados is alomst like a huge electric eel, without the electricity.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    > Never said, nor implied that fish (collective noun btw) don't have scales, I'll study zoology, remember?
    But fish scales and reptile scales are different.
    >Nothing living has that kind of mouth... it's a pokemon... O.o

And when I said name dragon characteristics, i actually meant real, non Pokemon dragon, so all this Gyarados buisness is completly off-topic.

P.S. I'm never hostile when it comes to disscussions.

Folkedahl

Wizard
    Years
    I want to know where you got this complete and total knowledge of a mythical beast. I can't say for sure whether or not Milotic is a dragon or not. It has the Serpent form, and I feel like serpents are at least related to dragons, but I'm not sure. I'm leaning towards yes, however.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back