• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
  • But you have to ask yourself, do the arms make rayquaza look like a dragon?
    If not, and I'm certain everyone sees many more reasons to think of rayquaza as a dragon..., then lack of arms shouldn't be an arguement against Onix, Steelix, or any other serpent like (@ Stoney no serpent is just another word for snake...) pokemon. Don't you think?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    No...just no. Onix and Steelix are not Dragons. Sure, they learn Dragonbreath (but they can't use it due to appalling Special Attack). Gyarados has incredible similarities with many representations of Asian dragons I've seen, and has been used by Lance and other dragon-users repeatedly (check your own signature for proof, and "The Lance Clause").

I'm not trying to bring up another old argument / flamewar, but Altaria is more of a Dragon than Onix and/or Steelix, and seeing as it's not in the Den...they're not dragons either. I'm sure I could bring up more valid points if I could be bothered, but I'm only here due to boredom, and probably won't see the retaliations to this post, so I'm not going to bother.

Off-topic: Don't you guys think it's cool in Black/White where you battle N, and you have Reshiram and Zekrom smashing the crap out of eachother with their epic signature moves? Or is that just me, and the rest of you sucked the fun from it by using Dragonbreath...

MoonlessMidnight

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • But you have to ask yourself, do the arms make rayquaza look like a dragon?
    If not, and I'm certain everyone sees many more reasons to think of rayquaza as a dragon..., then lack of arms shouldn't be an arguement against Onix, Steelix, or any other serpent like (@ Stoney no serpent is just another word for snake...) pokemon. Don't you think?

That's true. I don't really know why but Onix, Steelix, and other snake pokemon just don't seem to have any features that look dragon like compared to say Rayquaza or Gyrados....I do know in mythology there are serpentine like dragons but they still have something about them that makes them seem more like dragons. I don't even get an inkling of that feeling with other serpentine pokemon.

@Amore: That would have been fun but I was one of those that spoiled the fun by using Dragonbreath. Though that was mainly due to the fact that i didn't want N's dragon to use Dragonbreath first.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • They do but movesets are never a good way of telling some pokemon's type...
    And i'm not trying to get these two into club..., just wanted to have a normal disscussion about them...
    @Amore
    I wouldn't know since i've never played Black/White....

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Okay, I'm back after a long absence. I can't promise I'll stay long, but I'm a little bit interested in this place again.
    Anyway, considering Onix... Just no. I see Onix and Steelix as snakes, because Onix really has that snake-like head (despite the horn -.-) and Steelix is just its evolution, so... But, I also see a reference to the Wyrm, a limbless dragonkind that's known for his capability to dig. Not that's enough evidence for me to say Onix is a dragon, but still, it's something.

JERIICHO

Jericho is Law
    Years
  • you can't really consider Onix or Steelix as a dragon time becuase it has features of
    snakes the long narrow body sure it learns dragon breath but so do Ho-oh and feebas through egg moves so it's not really in releation to any dragons just more of a rock snake or earth worm or anything

what do you guys think as archeops as a dragon?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    Can I join? :D

Favorite Dragons? Flygon & Altaria
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? Salamence!
    Lance or Clair? Clair!
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Gyarados!
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? Origin form :3
    Whats your Dragon Team? Latias, Flygon, Altaria & Salamence
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? sure :3
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Latias <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    I would like to become a Dragon Member. My favorite dragon type now, since the release of B/W is Haxorus. He just looks like a toughy. Lol.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • I'm gonna be cpt. Obvious here, and say that probably 99% of people who join here never post again...
    Something should be done about this...

I agree with this. We've had some people join in the past week and only a couple have posted.

Movesets can be deciving. Even if it learns a dragon attack doesn't make it dragon. I've always seen Onix and Steelix as rock snakes.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • It means captain. :D

Okay, granted, their faces are not THAT snakelike, but more so than dragonlike.
    Oh, ok.

& can anyone really say what dragons look like?

They're mythical creatures & can look however people want them to...

Heck, I've seen a wyvern that looks similar to a saber-toothed cat!

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • We've been through this millions of times before...
    Yes, we DO know what dragons look like, and no, not anyone can decide for themselves what a dragon is supposed to look like... Mithologycal just means they're desribed in myths, or that there are some legends/myths about them...
    That what you saw just wasn't a wyvern then, since wyverns look like this:
    Spoiler:

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • We've been through this millions of times before...
    Yes, we DO know what dragons look like, and no, not anyone can decide for themselves what a dragon is supposed to look like... Mithologycal just means they're desribed in myths, or that there are some legends/myths about them...
    That what you saw just wasn't a wyvern then, since wyverns look like this:
    Spoiler:
    It was a creature off of Monster Hunter Tri, called the Barioth.
    It was classified as a FlyWyrm (Flying Wyvern).

EDITED IN:
    Not trying to cause problems, just saying what they (the makers of the game) classified the Barioth as.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back