• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The dumbest thing you have done in the game

O

Your Mom
Years
  • I remember back on my japanese RBY, I threw a masterball at a pidgey but I didn't know because I couldn't read japanese... Sad. Then I was playing with mewtwo so I used the missingno cheat on my fake red and bought 99 pokeballs, greatballs and ultraballs. I used all 99 greatballs with my team of high defense golems, all at lvl 100 with that defense vitamin. I finished all the pokeballs and my gameboy was running out of battery so I just used my masterball in the end...

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    I was fighting the elite 4 with a very low level team, I somehow manged to get to the last pokemon of the last trainer of the elite 4, when I had to go shopping. Left my gameboy on while I was gone as I was sooo excited about winning. When I got back I completly forgot about the game being on and put in a differant cartrige. I cried for an hour... :'(

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
  • i attack a person using the same attack intill i read that it had no effect on it

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • on coliseum my cousin traded his aerodactly but i traded my aerodactly on a higher level because i hit the wrong button. I was so mad :confused:

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I looked for Horsea for hours and hours. I fished for a bunch to get a Dragon Scale, and find out that none of the 17 Horsea's I caught had one.

EVA02

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 15, 2005
    once i was fighting a groundon on fire red i used cheats on it duh and i acidently made it lv2 and i attacked it with a rattata at lv5 and i forgot i made it with fireblast and then it used it on me and rattata was k.o ed out and he was my only pokemon and then my game froze and i went out side and then it was working but omg i moved one step and it turned off

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • Lion Heart said:
    I Mach Punched a Shiny Rattata with my Hitmonchan.
    It was a critical hit too, just to make sure it died.

He was my WEAKEST party member, all my others were like Lv.70.. so I just though, well.. may aswell CRITICAL HIT SUPER EFFECTIVE STAB MACH PUNCH IT.
    Why didn't you just throw balls at it at full health? Especially since it was Rattata, it would have easily caught it, even if it took a few pokeballs. No need to kill it.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever done anything stupid, though I'm pretty sure I did something that I could have done better. My movesets, basically. I need to get that guide book that tells me all the moves so I can build them more appropriately.

LanceLite

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
  • you wanna know mine? when i first played pokemon for the first time on silver... when i got to clair and was facing her Kingdra... i was using flamethrower at at all the time. the next time i had to face her playing crystal... i trained my typhlosion to lv60 for flamethrower and then after defeating her i found out later that i could have just used thunderbolt from my lv43 ampharos...

and my friend.. in his silver he used a masterball to capture a golduck. he didnt even know pokemon like lugia existed in silver ^_^;;;

Now with Kung-Fu grip! XD
    Years
  • I've done quite a few dumb things.

1: I tried to get through Rock Tunnel with no Pokemon that could learn Flash, and I had my eyes closed.
    2: I spent 3 weeks looking for a shiny Pokemon of any kind. When I caught one, my brother got so jealous he restarted my game.
    3: I got so desperate for a shiny Onix that I went in to Rock Tunnel again. Sadly, I forgot a Pokemon that knew Flash again... I was lost within 5 seconds.
    4: I was so confident I was going to get through Rock Tunnel (I taught my Pikachu Flash) I didn't check my party. My brother had released my Pikachu, and I got lost again... (I use Flash about 20 seconds into it)

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • 1313666 - it sounds like ur brother did it :p

My dumbest thing was on crystal, I was walking through a dungeon (dont remember name) kind of rushing so I ran from most pokemon and a shiny appeared and i run >.< i have never encountered a shiny again.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
  • I was playing and finaly got to the Elite four,then I got to the Champion Lance(ofcourse I had a lot of hyper potions,ethers and revievs and couple of full restores and full heals),anyway we both got to our last Pokemons and my HP was really low so I wanted to use a hyper potion but instead I used a ether,so my Pokemon die and I had to start all over...

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Well the only stupid thing I can remember is that I missed getting the Master Ball in Sapphire XD and I also missed getting the TM Dig :P.

Pokemon_Veteran

Back