• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Epic Challenge: Hoenn Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Chapter 4: The Lazy Lotad!
    Bobby and Torchic stepped out onto Route 102 early the next morning. "Ya know whats weird?" Bobby began. "It feels like we haven't done anything for weeks but it was only yesterday we made it to Oldale..." Shaking his head, the young trainer continued down the beaten path eventually coming to a big crowd (actually about four people, this is the wilderness after all) standing around in a circle. "Hey whats going on?" Bobby asked a young boy standing nearby.

"Well you see, this is the place where we get our water from and theres this...here just go look." The boy said pushing Bobby up front where he saw that there was what looked like a blue duck carrying a lily pad on its head sitting in the .

"Thats the problem? What is it? A Pokemon?" Bobby asked.

"Yep its called a Lotad." The boy answered. Bobby took out his Pokedex to get a better read on this thing. "Lotad, the Water Weed Pokemon. It looks like an aquatic plant and serves as a ferry to Pokémon that can't swim."

"Well right now it looks like its being lazy. I really don't see what the problem is." Bobby said.

"Well its plugging up the springs hole and since its a water type and a grass type that dosen't really bother it."

"Well then i'll get it out for you!" Bobby said with a smile. He lept down into the pit and started creeping up on Lotad. "HEEYAA!!" Bobby yelled as he jumped into the air and began trying to pull it out.

"LOOOOOO!" Lotad screeched pulling off an Astonish attack. The yell threw Bobby into the air and out of the pit where he landed on his back. "OOOOOWWWW!!" the boy screamed.

"Tor Tor Tor...!" Torchic laughed as she watched her trainer get up in pain.

"So you think this is funny huh?" Bobby said menecingly. "Then why don't you give it a try you stupid chicken!" he screached.

"TORCHIC!" Torchic screamed as she flew headlong into the pit.

"Lotad." The water weed pokemon said to his new visitor.

"Tor Torchic." she said trying to convince Lotad to move.

"Lolo Lotad." Lotad explained saying that this place was comfy and he didn't want to move.

Torchic wandered back up and told the bad news. "Hmm we will have to try a different approach then...Hey Lotad want to battle?" Bobby yelled into the hole.

"Lo." was the definite response.

"So the coward dosen't want to battle then eh?" Bobby roared, about fed up with this whole ordeal.

Now Lotad had been called alot of things. Coward wasn't one of them so Lotad took a step out of his spot....and was shot into the air. Since Lotad was basically acting as a stopper for the spring, all that water had built up so as soon as said stopper was removed...PWOOSH! Up comes the water!

"LOOOOOOTAAAAAAAAAD!!!" The water weed screeched as it had a terrible fear of heights.

"Allright! Now Torchic use Ember!" Bobby ordered. Torchic shot small faggots of fire at the poor pokemon while it was still in the air. "Go Pokeball!" Bobby cried as he threw the red and white capusle at the airborne Lotad. It was absorbed by the red light and fell to earth. Shaking all the while, Lotad wasn't going to be captured without a fight it seemed...

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Zimvee: Your posts are so interesting and filled with a lot of humor! That was a great plan to catch Lotad!
    You caught a level 5 Male Lotad!

CTFx

The End has Finally Begun
    Years
    Chapter 1: Dare

Hunter woke to the sound of a blaring alarm. It echoed in his dreams, at first, then he finally figured it out that it was reality. The blurry numbers gave a big 7:00. But im so...tired....

He stumbled out of bed, put on some pants, grabbed his backpack, and went out the door. He walked around his house, down a block, and arrived in the jam-packed entrance of Littleroot high. As he walked into the mass of his friends, a few of them pointed and laughed. He had forgot to comb his hair...again. Oh well, it doesn't matter. He dipped his head into the schools fountain and it matted his hair down. He shook it and got some of his friends wet...payback.

His heart dropped. Venessa was walking toward his group. He tried hiding by getting in the middle, but it was too late.

"Hi" she said.
    I said nothing, my lips were sealed by some kind of love-activated glue.

"I know you like me" Heart rises up, like he is going to throw it up. How... "If you go into that dark cave over on the North Side of town, I might go out with you."
    Heartbeat rises, words climb out of the heart-blocked thought. "S-sure, whatever." He blindly began to walk toward the cave. The bell rang, but it was drowned in nothing, it was nothing. Many of his friends and other people abandonded their will of learning to watch Hunter slowly trudge in the cave.

Sure, there were rumors, but nobody knew if it was true, about it being haunted. Weird sounds had a way of creeping out when anyone went near. They never thought it to be Pokemon...

It was pitch black now. The muttering and yells of "Come Back!" and "Its not worth it!" stopped. He was engulfed. He froze, a noise. He thought about backing out. No, stay calm, its in your head. And it was, because at that moment a rock-like object hit him right in his head. Hunter stumbled onto the ground. The light coming from the entrance faded, it was gone. He wanted to run, to go back to school, to be in bed watching cartoons, but his legs wouldnt move. Another hit on the head, and all thought stopped.

Hunter awoke to the sight of a shape in the darkness. It was an odd shape, he told his legs to run again...nothing. He lay there, paralyzed in fear. It reached out a hand, and Hunter flinched, but that's all it did. He took the hand and he was helped up, where he looked at the creature and ran out. Nobody was there, they must of all retreated in fear. He ran back to his school. He was sent to the principles office for being tardy in the hall, his luck...

"Hello?" He asked to a backwards chair. "Hello" a voice echoed, and a young skinny man rolled around in a chair.

"May I ask why you were late, Mr. Adams?"
    Hunter tried to explain the story, to explain why, but all there was were slurred words and a aching in his head.
    "I'm not sure that explains it...how about, where were you?"

Hunter took a breath, but his voice still came shaky "I was in..The Cave, sir."
    He explained the rest of the story, the hits, the odd shape, the dare...

The man rolled around in his chair. "You are referring to Pokemon, that is what helped you." Hunter was flabbergasted. A Pokemon? He had heard stories, but for real?
    "Here, take this ball, catch it, bring it back, I had been waiting for a student like you..."

A red and white ball gleamed in his hand. Hunter reached out, grabbed it, stared as it as he walked out the door, and to the cave once again.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Chapter 1: Firsts Chapter Two: The Lone Poochyena

Ooc// Okay, I'm going to take a shot at this, hopefully its not too bad

CHAPTER 1
    C

Shaun jogged towards the destination at where she was expected to arrive, at Professor Birch's lab. She hoped that he would be there. Oh, there it is, I'm here! Now...why does it look so empty? She stopped in front of the lab, and tried to peer inside through the glass doors, but she couldn't see anybody. Did I get the time wrong? Or maybe he specified a different place, I'll check. She pulled out the letter that had been sent to her after she had written to Professor Birch expressing her interest in becoming a pokemon trainer.

Dear Shaun Alexander,
    II have received your letter expressing your interest in pokemon training and I must say that I agree with every word that you wrote. I would like to invite you to my lab in order to receive your first pokemon to start your journey. I hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,
    Professor Birch

Shaun was puzzled, there didn't seem to be anything wrong. She had come to the right place, but yet there was no one there. I wonder if he's out studying pokemon, mom told me he goes out to...where was it again? She paused for a moment, thinking and trying to remember what her mother had told her at dinnertime last night. I think it was Route 101, oh well, no harm in checking. She set off again at a sprint, it felt wonderful to be running this morning, she wondered how far she had run by now, a mile, two miles? It didn't matter.

Suddenly, Shawn heard a shout in the distance, and began sprinting faster, the wind blowing her hair back. The next thing she knew, she had reached the spot on Route 101 where a few other trainers were. Professor Birch...what was he doing? Shaun gasped, unable to really grasp what she was seeing. The Professor being attacked by his own pokemon? That was an odd thought. But whatever. Professor Birch must have seen her, for he suddenly shouted for her to take a pokeball and throw it at one of the pokemon. Shaun looked wildly around, and, spying the bag, made a dash for it. She took out a pokeball, and aimed towards one of the pokemon, an Electrike, which was a yellow and green dog-like pokemon. Well, here goes, Shaun thought, throwing the pokeball. So, did I do it right? She thought, as the pokeball flew through the air and hit the Electrike squarely on the back as it dashed forward, it bounced back and the Electrike glowed red before going into the pokeball.

I guess I must have did it right, Shaun thought, as she ran forward to grab the pokeball, then darted backwards, as another trainer arrived. I caught an electrike! She said to herself jubilantly. Finally, after a while longer, Professor Birch was able to stand up, and, after thanking the trainers for their help and shaking their hands, apologizing for the horrible first impression at the same time, announced that they would go back to his lab in Littleroot, with the pokeball containing the pokemon they had just caught.

A short while later they had arrived in Littleroot, each of them holding the pokeball containing the pokemon they had just caught in their hands. Shaun had no clue what was going on, but went inside the lab like the rest of them. She lined up with the eight other trainers in a horizonal line, facing the professor, who paced back and forth, and seemed to be deep in thought. Finally, he lokoed up.

"I was very impressed by your performance out there today," the Professor began, "and because of it, I would like for you to take the pokemon you caught as your starter." None of the trainers knew that there were other pokemon that had already been set aside for them, but they would receive the pokemon they had caught earlier due to the fact that Professor Birch felt that they had some connection towards the pokemon, as the pokemon were the first they had every captured.

Like many others, Shaun looked excited, not as excited, perhaps, as the others, but excited all the same. She looked down at the pokeball in her hand, in that little capsule is my very first pokemon, an Electrike. I can't believe it, she said to herself, I just can't believe it. Then she turned her attention back on the Professor, who was looking around on his desk. She watched with the same curiousity as the other trainers as he pulled out nine red...objects, she had no clue what they could possibly be. As they all stood wonderingly, he began to hand each of them one of the mechanical objects, explaining their purpose as he did so.

"These are pokedexes," he told them, going down the line and giving one to each new trainer, "they will help you record information on pokemon you see or catch. Try to fill you pokedex up as much as possible." Then he was going down the line a second time, this time passing out five small pokeballs to each trainer, once again explaining their purpose for those who looked confused. "Use these to capture wild pokemon like you did with your beginner," he said to them, "but remember that you'll have to weaken the pokemon first before you can catch it." Shaun nodded like most of the others, as she accepted her pokeballs with a word of thanks, and then the professor wished them luck and bid them farewell before she left with the eight other trainers in a crowd of excited muttering.

CHAPTER TWO

Shaun was walking along Route 101 once again after being given the Electrike from the professor. It was peaceful out today, and she breathed in deeply, closing her eyes briefly before snapping them open again. Professor Birch said that there were pokemon on this Route, I wonder if I'll see any. Shaun was thinking, just then, she heard a thudding sound, as a poocheyna burst from the bushes, it appeared to be running, when suddenly, it caught sight of her and stopped in its tracks. The poocheyna faced Shaun, growling. Immediately, Shaun took out her pokedex, first she wanted to find out about this pokemon, and then decide what she wanted to do. If it didn't attack, then she saw no reason to attack it, if it did attack...well, she had to defend herself, and her electrike, didn't she? She flipped open her pokedex to hear what it had to say.

Poochyena, the bite pokemon. A pokemon with a persistant nature, it chases its chosen prey until the prey becomes exhausted.

Bite pokemon, huh? Sounds...very interesting. But I don't know about catching it. Crouching down, Shaun did what she used to do in order to get pokemon to trust her. She spoke to the poocheyna. "Hello there," she said gently, "you don't need to be afraid, I won't hurt you," she continued, not the slightest bit afraid, which was a good thing, as the poocheyna could probably sense fright or uneasiness. She continued to talk gently to it for some time, and could see the poocheyna begin to relax, relieved, she continued to speak, as the poocheyna approached her cautiously. As it drew closer, Shaun could hear its stomach growl, and it whimpered. Suddenly, Shaun understood. "I see, you're hungry, is that why you're irritable? Here, let me give you something to eat." She dug through her backpack and pulled out a ham sandwich. Pulling off the ham, she offered it to the poocheyna, though doubting that it would actually take the meat. To her surprise, it did, and then made a small noise, possibly of gratitude, and ran into the bushes again. Shaun wondered why she had just done that, but it didn't matter, she hated to see any pokemon hungry, lost, injured, whatever.

Shaun continued on her way after meeting the poocheyna, when she suddenly stopped, spying a small clearing in the woods, that would be a good spot to get to know her electrike. Walking into the clearing, she took out the pokeball containing her electrike and released it from the capsule. It shook itself off and gazed up at Shaun, who got down to eye level. "Hey, Electrike." she whispered, as the Electike continued to look at its new trainer. Then it walked towards Shaun.

"Trike..." It growled, as it nudged Shaun's hand, awknowedging her as its friend. Shaun smiled at the small dog pokemon.

"We'll be really good friends, I promise," she told it, and it agreed with another low growl. Shaun spent a few moments getting to know it, before she returned it happily. She at least had managed to make friends with her started pokemon, that was good, it would stink if Electrike had not liked her, luckily, it had though. After returning the electrike, she stood up again and continued walking.

After a few minutes of walking, Shaun began to feel uneasy, but shrugged it off, and it disappeared for a few moments. Then it returned again, Shaun, wondering why she was feeling like this, turned around. It felt almost as if she were being followed, but who would want to follow her? Then she heard the bushes rustle, and held her breath, it was most definitely a pokemon, that rustle was too small. Then there was another rustle as the poocheyna from earlier stepped out of the bushes and ran forward. Shaun sighed in relief. She had been somewhat frightened, now at least she could explain her uneasy feeling.

"Hello there again," she greeted the poochyena, who had walked up to her and was staring up at her, whimpering. "Well, I know you're not hungry, because from your breath I can tell you ate the ham, but..." She suddenly had an idea, she kept walking, the poochyena followed, she tried again, and once again the poochyena followed her. "Do you want to come with me?" She asked, but when she asked that, the poochyena dashed back into the bushes and disappeared. With a confused look, she shrugged and continued on her way, wondering what in the world that poochyena could possibly be up to.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To CTFx: Wow, that was strange! I told you to make your story a little different so I can't wait to see what happens next!

To Slytherfang: Both of the chapters were pretty good! When you get to Route 102 your post should be just this length. You can post for chapter 3 alone next.

To both of you: I hope to get your bio's up really soon!!

CTFx

Years
    Chapter 2 (Part 1):The Second Beginning
    The entrance grew nearer...
    He could feel a cold chill run up his spine...
    What if I get attacked again?

He entered the cave...slowly...taking slow steps. Once again, it was dark, and he couldn't see.

He heard a noise...it frightened him
    "Mak!" The figure reappeared. Hunter was frightened
    The same shape appeared in front of him again.

He looked at the red and white ball, he had held it tight, and it had made imprints in his hand. So....how do I use this thing? He was a button and the ball opened. Hmmm...
    "Step on in!" Hunter guessed

"Mak?" A confused reply, obviously it was the wrong way. What if....
    He picked it back up and threw it at the shape.
    "Mak!!" said the shape, in pain.
    He picked up the open ball.He closed it, and threw it. Out of the darkness, a red light engulfed the darkness lighting up caverns that winced in the bright light. Then the shape was gone and there was the ball. He picked it up and ran back to his School.

He ran into the Principles office. "I did it! I caught it! I think..."
    The Principle studied the ball. He threw it against the ground.
    Hunter stared in awe and shock is the ball was hurtling toward the ground. He winced, expecting it to shatter and the Pokemon inside.

It stopped in midair and spit out the same red light. The creature came apparent. It was a yellow, little, fat thing.

Makuhita, The Guts Pokemon
    It toughens its body by slamming into thick trees. Many snapped trees can be seen near its nest.

A robotic voice yelled out the info of this thing. Principle was holding out a opened, red case.
    "Its called a Pokedex, I want you to keep it." He handed over the Pokedex to Hunter, this was so much in one day.
    "Son, I want you to go out and train this Pokemon. I want you to travel all around the region, challenge gyms, become the Champion."
    Hunter nodded, absorbing it. This thing was to lead him to great things. He walked out the door, and ran home. He told his Grandma everything. His Grandma said her goodbyes. He went to his room, grabbed his favorite hat, his necklace, and his backpack, and left his house. It would a long time before he steps foot in his house agian...

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To CTFx: Great and creative way to get Makuhita! I was thinking of a dumb and a uncreative way to get one, but your way was way better! You may continue onto Route 101.

CTFx

Years
    OOC: Aww your just sayin that ^_^

Chapter 2 (Part 2): First step in tall grass

The faded sign told Hunter "Route 101"
    So this is where it begins...

He took his first step out of Littleroot. He took careful steps through tall grass. He could hear sounds of Pokemon from all around. He found himself scared, but he quickly reassured himself. He grabbed Makihuta's ball, he gripped it tight.

A snarl from behind frightened him. He turned around. A black hound with a grey stripe down his back was staring Hunter straight in the eyes. Hunter fished around in his backpack for a Pokedex, still keeping his eyes strained on the hound. He found it, opened it, and pointed it at the thing.

Poochyena, The Bite Pokemon
    A Pokemon with a persistant nature, it chases it's chosen prey until tired.

No since in running then is there...
    "Okay then, go...."
    Whats the name..Makihuta...Makuhitu....Makuhita!
    "Makuhita!"

He threw the the pokeball down at the ground like his Principle did, and Makuhita popped out.
    "Attack!" Hunter yelled, and Makuhita tackled the unsuspecting Poochyna.
    "Haha...Attack!? Thats your move?" A voice chuckled from behind.
    Hunter turned around. It was a kid with a butterfly net. Hunter burst out in laughter.
    "Little Kid(hysterical laughter)Butterfly
    (hysterical laughter)Bug catching!"
    The little kid got real angry. "Go Wurmple!"
    Hunter pointed his Pokedex at it, still chuckling.

Wurmple, The Worm Pokemon
    It spits a white silk that turns sticky when it contacts air. It is used to immobilize foes.

Hunter all the sudden got real serious, it was go time.
    Makuhita turned...confused....at which one to face.
    "Wurmple, string shot!" The kid yelled.
    "Watch out, Makuhita!" It rolled out of the way and headed straight for the Wurmple.
    It hurtled itself right into the small worm.
    The Poochyena saw its chance, it bit Makuhita right in the back.
    "No fair!" Hunter yelled.
    "Heh!" said the Little Kid. "Wurmple, show him a real tackle!" Makuhita was hit in the front, toppling him, forcing him to land on the Poochyena. Squeals of pain came from the Bite Pokemon.

Makuhita got up, but Poochyena still sat there.
    "Makuhita! Lets give him a tackle back!" Makuhita nodded and threw himself at the Wurmple.

After that, the Wurmple didn't get up. Horror spread across the Kids face. He called back his Wurmple and ran home. "MOMMMYYYYY!!!!"

The Poochyena sat there. Hunter took a closer look. Its leg was bent the wrong way.
    "Oh boy..." Hunter said as he lifted up the Poochyena. A sign read "Oldale Town, up ahead. Home of: PokeCenter, PokeMart" He ran to Oldale town, hoping not to encounter any more Pokemon. He ran through the double doors of a red roofed building. He was relieved to see a Nurse at a counter.

"May I help you?" She asked, looking at the Poochyena.
    "I think its leg is broken" Hunter replied.
    The Nurse took the Poochyena and ran into a room.
    She came back and told him "He seems very grateful, is he your pokemon?"
    Hunter shook his head. Now that he thought about it, he kind of wanted it to be. He felt sorry for it.
    "Well im sure he will be ok"

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To CTFx: Okay, you caught me. But I had to say something, right? Just kidding! Anyway, the post was a little short. Not that much though. Try to make it a little longer in the future.
    Makuhita grew to level 7!
    Makuhita learned Arm Thrust!

Last edited:

CTFx

Years
    Hunter sat up in his cot. He rolled out of bed and put on his hat. He started to head downstairs. We walked through the door sprinkled corridor and walked into the empty lobby. It was bright, full of the morning sun. He sat down in a chair and rubbed his eyes, not enough sleep.

"How was your rest, Mr. Adams?" Asked a lady at the counter. She was different then the one yesterday, but she still had the same outfit.

"Not enough," Hunter droned "How's the Poochyena?"

The bright smile on the Nurse faded, to a grim look in the eyes. Hunters heart skipped a beat. "The leg got infected, and well, he didn't make it...I'm sorry." Hunters heart fell. THAT'S NOT FAIR! He said to himself.

He sat up in his cot. His t-shirt stuck to his skin like an exoskeleton, and his heart was racing like he was skydiving. Some sicko dream. He said to himself. He rubbed his eyes before grabbing his things and heading out the door. He put on his hat to mask his unkempt hair, as he roamed the hallway and stumbled downstairs. He reached the lobby, and it was the same lady in his dreams. Oh-no...was it an omen or something?

"How was your sleep Mr. Adams?" echoed the lady.

"Uhm, good, um, how is that Poochyena?" Hunter expected a full facial expression makeover, but she kept the same smile. "Just a broken leg, our state of the art healing should be able to patch it up by later today!"

Hunter said thanks and walked out the door. A man walked up to him.

"Welcome to Odale Town! Let me be the first to welcome you and direct you to our marvelous PokeMart!" The man said jubilantly. Poor guy gets paid to harass people.

"Alright whatever, show me the way." Hunter said, hoping this would get him off his back.

He lead Hunter to a blue roofed building, like the PokeCenter. "Here you go!"

Hunter walked inside. A few people were browsing among the shelves, picking up Poke Magazines, food, and the occasional Pokemon treat. He walked up to the counter, a lady that looked oddly familiar was at the counter.

"How much is a Pokeball?" He asked, thinking of the Poochyena.
    "200 Credits" replied the lady.

Hunter rummaged around his backpack. He pulled out an envelope with the word "Savings" written on it in bad handwriting. He remembered his part time job at the local fast food joint, and he shuddered. He pulled out 200 dollars, leaving 500 left and handed it to the lady.

She pulled a ball like the Principle gave him from behind the counter and handed it to Hunter. "Please come again!" She sang.

Hunter held the pokeball as he walked back into the PokeCenter. They were releasing the Poochyena as he walked in. "Forgiveness is a long road," , he told the Poochyena, "but will you accept mine?" He held out the Pokeball. The Poochyena slowly approached it.

He tossed it at the Poochyena, slowly, and the Pokeball abosorbed it.

"Do you forgive me?"

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Chapter 3: Oldale Town

"Welcome to Oldale Town." The sign read, as Shaun arrived at the small, peaceful looking town, the sun had set, and the sky had darkened. She let her electrike out of its pokeball, it came out in a red glow, and yawned, the tip of its pink tongue curling before withdrawing back into its mouth. Then her Electrike barked sharply, cutting through the quiet.

"What is it, Electrike?" Shaun asked, looking in the direction that Electrike was gazing at, though she could see nothing save for a clump of bushes, and she could see nothing unusual about the clump of bushes. But even so, Electrike continued to bark. "Do you see or hear something?" Shaun asked once again, and Electrike looked up at her.

"Trike..." It growled, its nose sniffing the air. Shaun shrugged, if it was upsetting Electrike, she probably should go investigate, though she couldn't expect to find much. Just then, Electrike barked again, and the poocheyna, once again, appeared from the clump of bushes. Shaun stepped backwards, surprised to see the small bite pokemon again.

"Poochyena!" She cried, as the Poochyena ran up to her, Electrike still eying it suspiciously, as if thinking that it could possibly be dangerous. "What are you doing here? Have you followed us all the way to Oldale Town?"

"Yena! Rroo!" Poochyena replied, looking pleased with itself, though wincing slightly. Shaun noticed that it was carring one paw strangely, and, concerned, bent down to inspect it. The poochyena let her take the paw, and as she looked at it, she noticed that there was a large thorn embedded in it. The poochyena whimpered in pain as Shaun lightly touched the area around the thorn.

"Luckily there's a pokemon center close by," Shaun said, looking at Electrike, who nodded seriously, "we can take you there, I don't trust myself to take that thorn out. Knowing me, it'll probably do more harm than good if I try to remove it myself, here, I'll carry you to save you some pain. I'm sorry, Electrike, I know it sounds like I don't care about you right now, but I promise we'll go do some training in a bit, okay?" Electrike, who had been eyeing the poochyena jealously, seemed to relax and nodded, though it wouldn't go inside its pokeball when Shaun tried to return it. No, it wanted to stay out and walk to the pokemon center with Shaun and the poochyena. Shaun bent down and gently lifted the small pokemon up, and, carrying it in her arms, she walked onto the streets of Oldale Town, searching for the pokemon center. It shouldn't bee too hard to find, as this wasn't a big town. Where could the pokemon center be?

Just then, Shaun spotted the large, bright letter P that stood for the pokemon center, and walked in the direction of the P, Electrike walking alongside her. The poochyena looked somewhat afraid of all the people and cars and things around it, but didn't make a noise, except for a small whimper occasionally. She reached the Pokemon Center in only a few minutes, and walked through the doors, approaching the front desk. "Chansey?" Came a voice, as a large, pink pokemon came up to her, wearing a nurse hat.

"Um, hi, this poochyena has a thorn in its paw, and I was afraid to remove it because I might accidentally do something wrong, so...could you help me with that?" "Chansey!" The chansey disappeared for a moment, and came back rolling a cot. "Well, thanks a lot," Shaun said to the Chansey, placing the poochyena on, Chansey rolled the cot away and a different one came up to Shaun, who spun around. "Um...hello." The Chansey led Shaun to a room in the pokemon center, which contained a few bunk beds, several of which had trainers sleeping in them, and showed Shaun to one. "Thanks so much, Chansey." "Chansey!" The Chansey said happily, leaving Shaun. Electrike, who had been following Shaun, leapt up onto the bed, Shaun didn't know what else to do, so she lay down, staring at the bunk above her. She hadn't even eaten dinner, though that wasn't an issue, as she wasn't hungry to begin with. She heard a gentle snuffling sound and realized that Electrike, who had decided to sleep on the pillow next to Shaun's head, had already drifted off. She sighed and continued to stare at the bunk above her, until eventually, she fell asleep.

Shaun awoke early the next morning, and sat up, "Trike?" her Electrike murmured softly, waking up and yawning, then walking over the sheets to where Shaun was sitting up, settling down next to her. No one else appeared to be awake, no one but her and Electrike, that is. But Shaun decided to leave the room anyways, she picked up her bag, put her shoes back on, and stood up, Electrike leapt lightly off the bed, and Shaun made the bed, pulling the sheets up tightly, and tucking them in, before walking over to the door. She opened the door silently, and held it open for Electrike, then slipped out herself, closing it quietly behind her. She and Electrike walked down the hallway, their footsteps seeming to echo in the quiet, and she suspected that everyone was asleep, not so. As soon as they entered the main part of the building, they were greeted by a flurry of activity. Trainers walked in and out of the building with their pokemon, and Chanseys constantly entered and left through different doors all lined up in a row, which all led to different rooms. One Chansey, after spotting Shaun awake, disappeared through the third door to the left, reappearing with the poochyena on a cot, it was standing up and yipped as it spotted Shaun and Electrike. It leapt lightly down from the cot, the injured paw bandaged, Nurse Joy came over.

"That poochyena should be fine now, though the thorn was embedded rather deeply, we had some slight trouble removing it, and the poochyena should take care not to put too much strain on that paw for a few days. Am I correct in saying that it isn't yours?" Shaun nodded quickly. "Well, I think that it would very much like to go with you, after all, you helped it when it was injured." Then Nurse Joy gave a cry of surprise as a trainer walked in with a desperately injured pokemon that he said he had found in the wild, and left Shaun to consider what she had just been told. Shaun exchanged a look with Electrike, then looked to Poochyena, who was gazing at her nervously.

"Well, would you like to come with me?" Shaun asked the bite pokemon, who paused, and gave a small nod, Electrike growled approvingly. Shaun took out a pokeball, which Poochyena eyed suspiciously for a moment before walking closer, Shaun opened it, and poochyena glowed red before disappearing inside it. She smiled at the pokeball, she had grown rather attatched to this poochyena. "Come on, Electrike, it's about time I spent some time with you, isn't it? Let's go find something to eat."

They found a small restaurant not too far from the pokemon center and ducked inside, luckily for them, the restaurant welcomed pokemon. Shaun walked up to the front to order, it wasn't a very fancy restaurant, but it was decent enough. She ordered a salad for herself, and a medium sized bowl of pokemon food for Electrike. She brought it back to the table they had chosen, Electrike leapt onto the tabletop and began to eat, making small, content noises as it did so, as Shaun speared a piece of romaine lettuce with her fork, bringing it to her lips and eating it slowly. When they had finished about half and hour later, Shaun picked up what remained, the bowl that had contained the pokemon food, and the paper salad container, tossing the salad container into the trash can, she took the bowl into the bathroom, where she rinsed it out, dried it, and stowed it away in her backpack. She could use it as a bowl for Electrike later on. Then she returned to their table, Electrike leapt down from the tabletop, and followed Shaun out the door.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To CTFx: The post was a lot better! Keep it up!
    You befriended a Level 5 Female Poochyena!
    You obtained a Pokeball!

To Slytherfang: I felt like I read the same post which was kind of weird... The post was still good, though. Just a quick warning that in the future, you have to throw the pokeball and end the post. I'm pretty sure you know this already, it was probably because of the special story you had going on.
    You befriended a Level 5 Male Poochyena.

To ~*Kanto*~: I'm sorry, but you're out. You have not posted in a long time and I want dedicated people from the beginning of this rp. Skitty is now open!

*Note* If you have captured a new pokemon, do not forget to make a new trainer card. Either post the new trainer card in the ooc thread or in your signiture.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    oh, I'm sorry! To CTFx as well.

I have used that storyline before in other roleplays and it seemed fitting to use it in this one, though if you wanted me to I could rewrite it.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    oh, I'm sorry! To CTFx as well.

I have used that storyline before in other roleplays and it seemed fitting to use it in this one, though if you wanted me to I could rewrite it.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure it was an honest mistake. I hope CTFx doesn't mind either.

CTFx

Years
    Hunter walked over and picked up the ball.
    "Welcome to the team"

He walked outside, the leaves of trees basking in the sun. He released both of his Pokemon so they could stretch. Makuhita raised quite a racket as he threw himself at nearby trees. Hunter tried to ignore it as Poochyena winced at the smashing sound it made.

Nobody bothered him about it, it was normal for a Makuhita to do that.

A tall boy started to walk over. He didn't look happy, even though it was hard to tell because of his dark black hair covering half of his face.

"Looks like your training your Pokemon," he sneered. "They couldn't face up to any of my Pokemon." He was so full of himself. Hunter chuckled, "Want to bet?" Makuhita seemed to notice because he stopped his ritual and came to size up his soon-to-be opponent. Poochyena growled.

"Lets do this..." The guy said. "Go Lotad!"

Lotad, The Water Weed Pokemon
    It looks like an aquatic plant and serves as a ferry to Pokémon that can't swim.

"Poochyena, your up!" Hunter commanded.

The two Pokemon began to circle, both of them sneering at eachother.

"Lotad, open up with astonish!" The Lotad put on a scary face and stared at Poochyena. Poochyena turned tail and ran behind Hunter.

"Poochy, what are you doing? Go get him!" Poochyena sat there, shivering.

"Hah! What a coward!" The kid yelled.

"Guess its your turn, Makuhita!" Hunter yelled. Makuhita nodded and walked straight up to the Lotad.

"Send him running back, use Astonish." Lotad pulled off the same move, but it didn't affect Makuhita, he just stood there.

"Hit him with a real move, use Arm Thrust!" Makuhita opened his fists and drove his arms into the face of the Lotad three times before stopping. Lotad stepped back a couple of times, stunned, and got back into focus.

"No more messing around..." Said the tall kid. "Lotad, Nature Power!"
    Leaves and blades of grass began to float in the air, and then they all started to fly at Makuhita.

Makuhita raised up his arms to try to block most of it, but the power still knocked him back. After it stopped, his arms were cut and bloody. Both Pokemon were panting now, very tired and injured.

"Lotad, Nature Power one more time!" Leaves and grass begin to rise again.

"Makuhita, quick, tackle!" Makuhita threw himself at Lotad as he began his barrage of grass. When the dust cleared, Makuhita was on top of Lotad, they were both knocked out.

"Lotad, return!" yelled the boy, as Hunter recalled Makuhita.

"Is your wimp of a Poochyena brave enough to take on my Zigzagoon?" He taunted as he threw out a Zigzagoon.

Zigzagoon, the TinyRacoon Pokemon
    It walks in zigzag fashion. It is good at finding items in the grass and even in the ground.

Poochyena came out from behind Hunter's legs and growled at the Zigzagoon. This, she could take.

"Alright Poochyena, show me what you got, Tackle!"
    Poochyena began its charge on the Zigzagoon, "Zigzagoon, Dodge, then follow up with your own tackle!" Zigzagoon jumped in a diagonal motion, then pounced on the Poochyena.

"Poochy, hurry knock him off of you then hit him while he's down!" Poochyena jumped and knocked the Zigzagoon of her back, shoving the Zigzagoon on the ground. Then she tackled full force into the belly of the Zigzagoon.

The Zigzagoon squirmed up and fell back down, it lost its breath. "Hurry, follow up with another tackle on its side!"

"Zigzagoon, dodge it!" Poochyena once again began here charge, and Zigzagoon tried to move out of the way, but it was in far too much pain. Another blow connected and the Zigzagoon gave up. It fell over on its side and didn't get back up.

It sat on its side, breathing heavily. The tall boy recalled his Zigzagoon and gave Hunter a nasty look. He begin to walk away, and Hunter saw a chance to throw his personality in his face.

"Hey, I should know the name of the guy I just beat!"

The kid turned around, sneered, and replied, "Parker" with his teeth clenched.

Hunter grabbed his Poochy and hugged her tight as his new rival skulked away.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To CTFx: Very good battle post! Introducing a rival can make some very interestinng posts in the future.
    Makuhita grew to Level 9!
    Poochyena grew to Level 7!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To BrianGabriel: Very good battle post! Your Seedot's lack of confidence is interesting.
    Mudkip grew to Level 8!
    Seedot grew to Level 7!
    Mudkip learned Mud-Slap!
    Seedot learned Growth!

To Everyone: I'm also using the Platinum moveset now. Also, I hope to get the next chapter up really soon, possibly today! Some people still need their last post, so try to hurry and get that in.

CTFx

Years
    Chapter 4: A New Friend means New Enemies (Part 1)

The early sun robbed the darkness, waking up the light sleepers, including Hunter.

He grabbed his bag, put on his cap, then proceeded outside. A cool morning breeze sent nocturnal bugs and Pokemon crawling back into their dens. Hunter sniffed it in.

"Its a beautiful day, I only wish the wind smelt better..." he droned as he crinkled his nose. He released Makuhita and Poochy so he could have some company.

At school there were 10 people surrounding him at once, now there's nobody, such a drastic change in so little time, it was starting to get to him.

"So," he said looking at both of his Pokemon, "shall we move on to Route 102?"

They agreed and moved on. They trudged through tall grass for a long time, as the glowing sun made its way to the top of the sky. He looked around at the trees protecting the open route. "Hold here, I gotta take a bathroom break."
    The two Pokemon sat down as their owner went over to one of the trees.

A half-minute later, he came running back, looking alarmed. "Guys!" he panted "I just pissed off a whole bunch of Wurmples, we need to get a move on!" And so they came, like an orange flood, masses of Orange Worms made their way towards them, encircling them, closing in on them.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." Hunter said to the Wurmples. They didnt look satisfied. "Makuhita, Poochy, you think you can take them?" They nodded, but it was more of a "sure...." nod then a "of course I can!" nod. They all got ready for the pounce when they heard a loud screech overhead. This big, blue bird was floating in the sky. Hunter pointed his Pokedex.

Swellow, The Swallow Pokemon
    It circles the sky in search of prey. When it spots one, it dives steeply to catch the prey.

It made a nose dive straight for the mass of Wurmples. All the wurmples receded and ran back to the nest. Hunter felt relieved.

A tall girl with brown hair came running towards them.
    "I saw you get jumped by those Wurmples," She laughed "So I sent my Swellow to clear them up."
    Hunter blushed, "Thanks..."

"My name is Sophie," She chimed, "Whats yours"

The words found their way out, "H-Hunter".

"Well nice to meet you Hunter," she gasped "Oh my gosh, is that a Poochyena! Its so cute!" She noticed Hunter staring at the Swellow, now standing on the ground beside Sophie, "Oh this is Swellow, he is the evolve form of Tailow I found up near Rustburo!"

Footsteps cracked leaves, coming behind them. They both turned around and Sophie muttered, "Oh, not them agian..."

Two teenage boys walked up to them. They were both really tall, one with curly brown hair, and one with none at all.
    "Sophie, what are you doing hanging around this dork?" said the first.
    "Aww, look at the Pokemon, arnt they so cute?" said the second in a light tone, making fun of her.

The first one put his hand on her arm. "Cmon, lets go, youre coming with us."
    Rage burst out of Hunter, partially because they were so full of themselves, partly to impress the new girl.
    "Get off of her!" He slapped his hand off her arm.
    "Wrong move," said the first teenager. He pulled his arm back and punched him really hard in the face, Hunter stumbled. Right then, Makuhita jumped right into action, he punched the first guy in the gut 5 times, and pulled back. The guy fell over in pain, and heaved "You want to make this a Pokemon battle? So be it."

Chapter 4: A New Friend means New Enemies (Part 1)

"Go Zigzagoon!" The first said.
    "Go Ralts!" The second said.

Hunter has seen a Zigzagoon before, but a Ralts?

Ralts, The Feeling Pokemon
    It uses the horns on its head to sense human emotions. It is said to appear in front of cheerful people.

"Well thats ironic..." Hunter muttered. "Alright Poochy, lets do this!"
    "Swellow, your with the Poochyena!" said Sophie.

Hunters heart rised, they were fighting side by side...

Poochyena growled at the Zigzagoon as Swellow circled Ralts at a low hover.

"Poochy, tackle!" Poochyena rushed the Zigzagoon.
    "Zigzagoon, dodge!" The first said.
    "Ralts, use confusion on the attacking Poochyena!"

Zigzagoon jumped out of the way of Poochyena as Ralts hit it with a psychic force. Poochyena flung to the ground and skidded back, leaving a dirt trail.

"Swellow, wing attack on that Ralts, now!"
    Swellow came down and thrashed the Ralts with her wings. Ralts fell over, it was down. Hunter looked, awed, at the sheer power that the Swellow held.

The second guy sneered, he returned his Ralts and watched as the Swellow now circled over Zigzagoon.

"Dont worry, Hunter, you can take this one." Sophie said, focusing on the Zigzagoon.
    "Poochy, you ok?" Hunter asked as Poochyena balanced on her feet. She gave a nod. "Tackle, agian!"
    She began her charge, "Zigzagoon, dodge agian!"
    Poochyena jumped off all four feet, and touched ground. It skidded agian.

"Slow as a Wurmple!" The first teenager laughed, and the second one followed suit.

The Poochyena got up slowley. "Poochyena, one last time!"

She charged agian!
    The teens laughed, "Dodge!"
    She was ready.

She headed toward the Zigzagoon, but then as soon as she nearly hit him, she changed directions to where he kept dodging to, BOOM, it was a direct hit. Knocked over a couple yards, and the Zigzagoon got back up only to see another charging Poochyena, BAM, another.

Hunter looked at his Poochy, and Sophie looked at his Poochy.

They both said, "Wow she's fiesty."

The teens skulked away, defeated and ripped of thier pride.

"Well, maybe we will see eachother later!" She said happily to Hunter.
    "Yeah" Hunter said, "Maybe Later"

She walked back to Odale as Hunter walked toward Petalburg. The sun was at high noon now, and the letters on the sign glimmered perfectly, "Welcome to Petalburg"

Last edited:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Shaun had left Oldale Town a short while ago, her Electrike at her side, because it preferred to walk alongside Shaun, to admire the scenery that it would not have been able to see confined in a pokeball, Shaun suspected, though her pokemon could have other reasons as well. So far, she had seen almost nothing, no pokemon at all, though it was, in her opinion, very beautiful, the trees, the sky, just about everything. Suddenly, she heard a shout,

"hey, you there!" A male voice called out, Shaun spun around immediately upon hearing it, looking for the speaker. It was a boy a little younger than her, clutching a pokeball in his bony hand, and wearing a t-shirt and shorts were baggy and made him look even smaller than he already was. He had ran up to her by now, and started speaking in a high pitched, squeaky voice. "Hi, are you a new trainer? Guess what? I'm one too, wanna battle me?" He looked so eager for a battle that Shaun didn't turn away the offer.

"Sure, I guess, how many pokemon do you have?" She asked the boy, who held up two fingers, looking excited and proud of himself.

"Two," he said in a firm voice, "two pokemon, a zigzagoon, and a mudkip, I just caught the zigzagoon yesterday, he's the one in this pokeball." The trainer informed Shaun, pointing to the pokeball he was clutching with his free hand. Shaun nodded.

"That's great, I'm sure he's an excellent pokemon, so, do you want to do 2 on 2?" She asked the trainer, who nodded enthusiastically, his eyes wide and excited beyond words. I wonder how good his strategy is, Shaun asker herself, removing the pokeball containing poochyena in from her belt that she hooked them on.

"Poochyena! Electrike! Go for it!" She cried, as Electrike darted forward, and Poochyena leapt into the air as it came out of its pokeball, giving a small bark and glaring directly forward. It seemed as eager to battle as the kid did.

"Aw, that's the best you can do? Zigzagoon, Mudkip! Come on out!"

"Zig, zigzagoon!" The Zigzagoon cried as it planted itself firmly on the ground.

"Kip!" Mudkip called, following Zigzagoon's lead.

"Okay, here we go, ready Poochyena? Electrike?"

"Yena!"

"Trike!" Were the responding calls from her pokemon, both seemed ready, Electrike had moved into its attack stance, and was glaring at the Mudkip with narrowed eyes.

"Mudkip, use tackle on the Electrike! Zigzagoon, take the Poochyena!"

"Zigzagoon!" "Mudkip!" Both pokemon began running towards Shaun's pokemon, preparing for the attack.

What a great battle strategy, Shaun thought, look at me, I'm standing right in front of a line of trees, any one of them could knock a pokemon out if it hit them. Now if he had ordered the pokemon to attack from the side….

"Electrike! Dodge to the left and use thunder wave on the Mudkip! Poochyena, run for the zigzagoon, but run in a straight line!" Electrike barked and moved to the left, narrowly avoiding Mudkip's attack. Incoming tree, Shaun thought as the force of Mudkip's attack sent it hurtling towards a young birch tree. There was a sickening thud and Mudkip was completely knocked out. You can tell he's a new trainer, like me, Shaun thought, though she felt somewhat bad for the Mudkip, the trainer, looking stunned, returned it.

Meanwhile, Poochyena and Zigzagoon had nearly collided, and each swerved to avoid the other. Poochyena slid to a stop, as did Zigzagoon. The disadvantage of the Zigzagoon was that it could only move in zigzags. That was exactly what it did as it used another tackle on Poochyena.

"Use howl!" Shaun instructed. Poochyena let out a long howl, and when it was finished, it looked heartened and spirited. "Now use tackle!" Poochyena began gaining speed as it ran towards Zigzagoon, thought in a straight line. They completely missed each other.

"Turn and hit it in the side!" Shaun told Poochyena, who swerved sharply, nearly losing its balance, and turning to hit the Zigzagoon in the side. Unfortunately, the Zigzagoon did the same and they hit head on. Zigzagoon hung on, while Poochyena was knocked backwards. "Electrike, use tackle on Zigzagoon while its momentarily stunned." Electrike didn't waste time gaining speed, it hit the Zigzagoon with a full body tackle. The zigzagoon was knocked out as well. The kid returned it immediately.

The next reaction was completely unexpected and unpredictable. The kid threw himself onto the ground and began pounding it with his fists.

"Waah! Why'd you do that? My mom said I was good!" He ran away, sobbing.

"Well, that was completely random. But great job you guys!" Both pokemon ran towards her, looking extremely jubilant. Electrike tackled her, but Shaun didn't mind. My first battle, and I won! True, that kid was a loser, but I still won!

Ooc:// This was rushed slightly, so I hope that its at least satisfactory.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To CTFx: It was starting out good, but if you want a battle, you'll have to add it to that post because it is your last one for Route 102.

To Everyone: I know some people are not finished with Route 102, but we need to move on, so hurry if you can please!

Chapter 5: Petalburg City
    (1 Post)

Description: This small town is the first you will visit with a gym that is run by Norman. The town is so peaceful with nature surrounding it so the town motto eventually became "Where People Mingle with Nature." Spend your time in this relaxing city to rest up and maybe challenge the gym leader for your first badge. Wait, what's this? His gym is closed!!

Places of Interest:
    Pokemon Center: A place essential for a pokemon adventure. They have free food, free lodging, and free healing of your pokemon. What could be any better?

Pokemon Mart (PokeMart): Stock up on any supplies you need before you head out on your adventure again. Supplies sold here: Pokeball, Potion, Antidote, Paralyz Heal

Petalburg Gym: The first gym of you adventure. It is owned by Norman who is the user of normal type pokemon. Wait, the gym is closed! You can't battle here!

*Note* The order we are going in on the adventure will be a little wacky soon because of the fact that you must pass through places several times in the Hoenn region. We will probably skip around and such in the route order. This is just so you can travel around everywhere in the region. Just bear with it and don't be surprised when it happens. (i.e After Rustboro we'll go through route 116, and then the Rusturf Tunnel, followed by Route 105 instead of Verdanturf)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back