• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Epic Challenge: Hoenn Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Chapter Five: Petalburg City

After James's first battle against a strange but familiar girl. James's and his Seedot decided to travel to Petalburg City and get some rest. It was a bright sunny day, around three o'clock. The Seedot was growing in confidence after her victory over the trainer's Eevee. The two were strolling along through the woods, the sun was shining on the wet grass from the rain the previous night, the drops of water fell from each patches of grass for a glistening effect.

Upon the the tree's nearby, James saw many berries and apples spread across the branches. The boy walked casually across to the closest tree on his right, stopping by the trunk of the tree. The boy looked up to see many apples hanging off of each branch, rubbing his chin with his smooth hands. He placed them on the bark of the tree trunk and attempted to climb the fairly tall tree. While his Seedot just stood looking up, watching her trainer.

"I've almost got it Seedot." James said as he reached for the branch with many apples hanging off the bark. The acorn Pokémon carried on watching without noticing what it's trainer said, only watching him try and grab the branch. The boy grabbed onto the branch of the tree and swung from the trunk to the branch, grabbing it with his other hand as he swung over like Tarzan. The Seedot jumped up and down in excitement for a second or two, before looking around the area and then stopping, lowering it's head.

The boy saw that his Seedot was suddenly upset. Looking to the apples and then his Pokémon, he spoke out asking what was wrong. "Hey buddy, what's up? I've nearly got the apples." The Seedot kept it's head down, the boy looked to the branch again. Just realising it was starting to snap as he was dangling on it for atl east a few minutes. James closed his eyes as tight as he could and loosened his grip on the branch, but the branch snapped just as he did.

"Ow.. that's gonna bruise in the morning." The boy wimped out as the branch fell next to him, James turned his head to the right as he lay on the wet grass. He sighed in relief as the Seedot ran up to him and onto his stomach. The boy looked back to his Pokémon and smiled. "It's alright, your and emotional little fella arn't ya?" James said as he leaned up. "Anyway, it's a long walk to Petalburg. You better go in the Pokéball, you look knackered. I'll put the apples in my bag." James explained before taking out the Seedot's Pokéball and pointing it at her. The boy sighed as the Pokémon was sucked into the ball.

Later on that day, the sun had set and the temperature started to drop. James finds himself in the middle of Petalburg City Poké Mart, looking around the shop. He sees numerous magazines about Pokémon, Hoenn League DVD's and even Pokémon games for various consoles. The boy remembered the days when he used to buy all these things, but now he was buying what he needed for his adventure.

James walked around the isles to find what he needed for his journey. The boy looked up and down, seeing the prices of certain items. He took out his wallet and looked inside, he nodded and grinned seeing all the money inside. James put his wallet back in his pocket and grabbed a pack of six Pokéballs and a few bottles of potions and antidotes.

"That's fourty five, ninety nine young man." A pleasant old man said to James as reahced the till with his items.

"You know just like that?" James asked curiously. The man nodded politely before scanning the items and placing them in a brown bag.

"Yes I do son." The man said as he looked to the screen by the cash machine. The numbers flickered fourty five, ninety nine. James smiled as he took out his wallet and gave the man the correct about of money before taking the bag of trainer needs and walking out to the quieter part of the city where the Pokémon Center was just down the road.

James walked down the path beside the road towards the Pokémon Center that stood tall above the houses beside it. It's circuler design with it's bright red roof over came it's white underlay. As James reached the Center, the glass doors slided open as trainers came in and out for whatever reasons. The boy thought he recognised one of the trainers he saw at Professor Birch's Labaratory, but then the trainer was gone.

The sun was starting to turn in, so the lamp posts lights flickered on. By the time James had got to the Pokémon Center down the road, the night sky was starting to become more clear as the rainbow of blue dissapeared. James walked into the Pokémon Center expecting it to be very busy, but in truth the place was half empty. James heard a group of trainers talking at the corner of the room.

"Yeah, the Gym is closed. A right pain, I have to get my fourth badge sooner or later." One of the trainers voices spoke out.

"You think you got it bad? I'm on my seventh badge, how do you think I feel?" One of the other trainers said as he brushed back his purple hair. James decided to walk over and ask about all this commotion. As he walked over, he noticed many posters advertising various Pokémon Tournaments like the Indigo League and Silver Conference, James started to think about what it'd be like outside Hoenn before he was shouted at.

"What do you think your doing here?" The same trainer shouted at James. "Beat it newbie." He said again. James looked at the trainer and shrugged his shoulders and walked away very casually. "Hah! What a looser." The same trainer said again. This enraged James and his calm attitude faded. Stopping in the middle of his tracks, he turned round to face the cocky trainer.

"You want to repeat that?" An enraged James asked.

"You.. are.. a.. looser!" The trainer said slowly and clearly.

"You know, you're all talk. Let's battle!" James shouted at him. The trainer suddenly got very serious.

"You're on chump!" He replied in return. The two trainers pulled out a Pokéball from each of their belts, but before they could battle. A nurse ran over in her tied pink hair into curls.

"No Pokémon Battles! Have some respect for the sick Pokémon." She explained to the trainers. James put his Pokéball back onto his belt, while the other reluctantly walked away giving James the evil look. The boy looked to the Nurse who he recognised.

"Hey.. arn't you the Nurse Joy back in Oldale Town?" A confused James asked.

"No, that's my cousin. Nurse Joy from Oldale Town, I'm Nurse Joy from Petalburg City." She said like it wasn't confusing at all, but it was to James.

"Err, anyway. Can you heal my Pokémon please. I'll pick them up in the morning." James asked the kind Nurse who took the Pokéballs from James.

"Of course, they'll be as good as new in the morning. You get some rest in the lounge next door." She said. James looked to the lounge and stopped the Nurse as she started to walk away.

"Lounge? Have we not got rooms?" The boy asked.

"No sadly, there was a robbery not a week a go. So the police are still investigating. Sorry for the inconvinience." She said as she walked to her Chansey with the Pokéballs. The boy stood their pondering though, but he had no choice but to sleep in the lounge. It was better than sleeping in a forest though.

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 4: Petalburg City!

Max came to a sign that said "Petalburg City. Where people mingle with nature!"

Max smiled and walked into the city. There were many people and many wild pokemon. Max smiled like a kid in a candy shop. His stomach started grumbling. He grabbed his stomach and noticed the Pokemon Center. He walked inside to see a few trainers trading and giving eachother advice. He checked in for a room for the night and then went down to the dining hall for lunch. He had a PB+J sandwhich with some Cheetos. His pokemon had their pokefood and a Cheeto.

Max finished eating and went into the room with all the trainers. He saw some trading and then some were talking. He walked over to a young boy who was sitting there doing nothing and looking bored.

"Hi!" Max said walking over to the boy.

"Hey." The boy said bored.

"My name is Max!"

"Richard."

"So what are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"Want to battle?" Max asked.

"Sure...I guess." Richard said getting up.

They walked out to a square used for battling in Petalburg. A bunch of people crouded around the battle arena to watch their battle.

"A two on two battle ok with you Richard?" Max asked.

"Yep." Richard said.

The two clenched their pokeballs and threw them into the air.

With two white flashes Treeko appeared and so did another pokemon. Max swiped out his pokedex to inspect it.

Cyndaquil, the fire mouse pokemon. Cyndaquil protects itself by flaring up the flares on its back. The flames are vigorous if the Pokemon is angry. However, if it is tired, the flames splutter fitfully with incomplete combustion.

"A fire type huh?" Max muttered to himself "No problem!"

"Cyndaquil Tackle!" Richard said.

"Treeko Pound!" Max called out.

The two dashed at eachother. Cyndaquil ran under Treeko as he jumped and spun around and hit Cyndaquil qith his tail. The two pokeon flew back a little ways.

"Cyndaquil use Ember!" Richard called out.

The boy seemed quit different. He wasn't quit or bored looking he looked like he was having a blast.

Fire shot from Cyndaquil's mouth andhit Treeko.

"Treeee!" Treeko called out falling to the ground.

"Treeko return!" Max said calling Treeko to his pokeball "Go Zigzagoon!"

Zigzagoon popped out of her pokeball and smirked.

"Cyndaquil Ember!" Richard said.

"Dodge and use Tackle!" Max said.

Zigzagoon moved out of the way and then ran to Cyndaquil. She knocked Cyndaquil over and then stood on top of him.

"Growl!"

Zigzagoon started growling making Cyndaquil quiver making it lose attack power.

"Cyndaquil Tackle."

Cyndaquil pushed Zigzagoon off of him and then hit Zigzagoon.

"Zigzagoon Tackle."

"Zig!"

"Cyndaquil Tackle."

"Cynda."

The two pokemon colided falling back. They both stood there until finally Cyndaquil fell to the ground knowcked out.

"Cyndaquil return!" Richard called Cyndaquil back to its pokeball.

Richard put the pokeball away and then took another one out.

"Go, Jolteon!" Richard said throwing another pokeball out there.

A yellow pokemon with sharp ends that was yellow and looked like a dog popped out. Max swiped his pokedex out which said

Jolteon, the lightning pokemon. Jolteon accumalates negative ions in the atmosphere to blast out 10000-volt lightning bolts. Jolteon's cells generate a low level of electricity. This power is amplified by the elctricity of its fur, enabling the pokemon to drop thunderbolts. The bristling of its fur is made of electricity charged needles.

Max gulped knowing this was going to be an interesting battle.

"Jolteon use Quick Attack!" Richard called out.

"Zigzagoon Tackle!" Max called out.

Zigzagoon ran after the Jolteon, but Jolteon quickly dodged this attack and hit Zigzagoon from behind her.

"Zigzagoon!" Max called.

"Zig." Zigzagoon said falling to the ground.

Zigzagoon struggled to get up but finally did.

"Zigzagoon use Tackle!" Max called.

"Jolteon lets finish this. Use Quick Attack!" Richard said.

Jolteon and Zigzagoon colided into eachother this time. Zigzagoon flew into a tree and fainted while the blow seemed to have little affect on Jolteon.

"Return Zigzagoon." Max said holding out a pokeball "Now go, Treeko!"

"Ok then. Jolteon Quick Attack!" Richard said.

"Treeko grab the flag pole and swing around it quick." Max said.

Treeko looked behind itself and saw the pole it ran towards it and stopped in front of it. He waited until Jolteon almost hit him until he jumped onto the pole and started swinging.

"Now use Pound while Jolteon is still confused!" Max said.

"Jolteon Thundershock above yourself!" Richard said.

Treeko let go of the pole being sent flying into Jolteon's direction. Jolteon sent a bolt of lightning above himself. Treeko hit Jolteon's back and then was hit by Jolteon's bolt of lighning. Treeko got up with difficulty and so did Jolteon. Treeko without waiting for a command used Pound on Jolteon. Jolteon fell to the ground.

"Jolteon use Thundershock." Richard said.

But it was to late Treeko was already running towards Jolteon and hit Jolteon with his tail. Jolteon flew into a tree and then hit the ground knocked out.

"Yes! We won Treeko! We won!" Max said hgging Treeko.

Richard smiled and returned Jolteon to its pokeball. The crowd started cheering and clapping for them. Max and Richard walked towards eachother and shook hands. Then Max headed back to the Pokemon Center. "Could you heal my pokemon please Nurse Joy?" Max asked handing her the two pokemon in their pokeballs.

"Why of course!" Nurse Joy said taking the pokeballs into the back room.

Max sat in the waiting room and looked at his town map. He noticed that there was a gym here and decided that once he got his pokemon he would head over. Nurse Joy came out with his pokemon and then went back to the counter. Max left the center and headed to the gym. He noticed many trainers with many pokemon but ignored it all thinking about how great it would be to get his first badge.

THE POKEMON GYM OF PETALBURG CITY IS CLOSED!

Read a sign on the gym door.

"What? Closed?" Max blurted out.

He punched the air and then sat on the bench near the door trying to figure out what to do next.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Sorry, but there is no battling in a town, so the experience doesn't count. And put some more detail in your posts so it don't feel like I'm reading a script, kay?

To Everyone: If you have Microsoft word or another sort of typing program, use that to work on your posts and paste them here when you're finished with them. I don't mind it sometimes, but the unfinished posts are starting to bug me now.

CTFx

The End has Finally Begun
    Years
    Hunter slowly walked into Petalburg Town. There was one thing only on his mind, Sophie. He slowly trudged toward a big building, not even looking where he was going, and ran smack into a wall. His focus came back to real life.

There was a gym, a Pokemon Gym, right there in front of him, beckoning him with a picture of it's shiny badge on the door. He pulled the door. It didnt open, again, it didnt open.

He looked around for some Gym Hours or something, then came across a rather large sign that said Gym Closed. He felt stupid.

He walked back to the Poke center, Sophie clouding his mind again, and walked in the door. He gave his Pokemon to the nurse lady, than sat in a nearby chair.

She tossed him his poke balls as he dozed off in the chair. He awoke not to long later to see that same nurse lady poking at him.

"Umm, would you like to occupy a room?" Hunter smiled, he nodded than dazely walked to his new room.

He released his Pokemon on his bed. They were asleep, and releasing them had woke them. Poochy walked around confused than fell off the bed, to tired to whine about it. Hunter picked her up and put her next to the now-snoring makihuta, as she curled up into a ball and fell asleep. Hunter all the sudden wasn't tired anymore.

He closed and locked the door to his room. and walked out of the Pokecenter.

The darkened landscape filled him with safety. All the quaint houses with their porch lights on. He went down to a small pond. He looked in his reflection. His white hat, blonde hair, his face. He smiled as an odd pokemon swam up and stared him in the face. He scanned his Pokedex across it.

Magikarp, the Fish Pokemon
    It is said to be the world's weakest Pokémon. No one knows why it has managed to survive.

He laughed as it said the last words. Worlds weakest Pokemon, "Dont worry," Hunter said, "One day you will grow up to be big and strong like all the rest of the pokemon." The fish swam back down. Hunter decided to leave the pond.

He found a bench and sat on it, scanning the Town, for anything. Something caught his eye. A black moving figure. He swiped his Pokedex, but nothing. It wasn't a Pokemon...his heart fell down to his feet. No...not them...dear god not them... He ran back to his room at full speed, closed and locked his door, and sat curled up in his bed. He didnt sleep the rest of the night, because they had found him. Old memories flooded back to him. For the first time in a while, he was scared.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To BrianGabriel: You scared me for a second when you said "Let's battle!" Anyways, that was a good post!

To CTFx: Great suspense there! Can't wait to read what happens!

To Everyone: If you're still on Route 102, try to catch up. Sooner or later, I'll just leave you guys behind and then I'll kick you out, and some of you are really too good for that!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I hope this isn't counted as double posting since I'm putting up an update! Anyways, seeing as the rp is falling down, I decided to put up the next chapter for the people dedicated to the rp.

Chapter 6: Petalburg Woods
    (4 Posts)

Description: Deep and dark, the woods are the place that some trainers do not like to travel through. It is filled with many bug pokemon along some different rare ones too. In order to get through the woods safely, you'll have to be brave and push through all obstacles whether it is a bug pokemon or a trainer challenging you. Just be warned that Team Aqua is said to be roaming the woods. Keep a close eye out for them for they will challenge you if they spot you.

Wild Pokemon
    Wurmple

Level-3-6
    Type- Bug
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting (If Level 5)
    Ability- Shield Dust
    Rarity- Common

Shroomish

Level-3-5
    Type- Grass
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Absorb, Tackle (If Level 5)
    Ability- Effect Spore, Poison Heal
    Rarity- Uncommon

Pineco

Level- 3-5
    Type- Bug
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, Protect
    Ability- Sturdy
    Rarity- Uncommon

Slakoth

Level- 3-5
    Type- Normal
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Scratch, Yawn
    Ability- Traunt
    Rarity- Rare
    (*Note* This pokemon constantly slacks off)

Pikachu

Level- 2-4
    Type- Electric
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Thundershock, Growl
    Ability- Static
    Rarity- Very Rare

!!Team Aqua Appearance!!
    Team Aqua, a team that wants to drown the world in ocean, is walking around the woods, apparently assulting passing trainers. They will do the same to you unless you can kick them out!
    Pokemon
    Poochyena

Level- 7-9
    Type- Dark
    Attacks- Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack (If level 9)
    Ability- Intimidate

Zubat

Level- 7-9
    Type- Flying/Poison
    Attacks- Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish (If Level 9)
    Ability- Inner Focus

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Chapter 6: Petal burg forest, and a new friend.

Max got up deciding to just move onto the next route or whatever. He noticed a flyer on the wall of a building and went over to it. The paper was crumpled and had rips through the words, but it was readible. It said "Petalburg Forest just ahead."

Max looked down the street he was on and noticed was looked like the enterance. He headed over to the enterance and came up to it. The enterance was an old wooden gate with many cracks and nicks in the post. There was an open spot in the gate so that passing trainers could get in and out of the woods. Max drew in a deep breath of air and then slowly let it out.

He walked through the rickedy gate into a forest, dark, damp, and spookier then ever. Max shuddered walking in there. He wallked around the dark, damp forest curious to what was in there. He heard lightning coming from behind some tree tops.

"What the heck was that?" Max asked turning around.

He walked over to where the lightning was and saw a man with a net and a Mighteyana attacking a yellow pokemon. The man threw the net at it, the net was spikes which hurt the pokemon even more.

"Stop it!" Max yelled jumping out in front of the pokemon.

"What the? Oh its just a little brat.Get out of my way kid." the man said.

"No. I will not let a poacher just get by me and hurt inosent pokemon." Max said.

The poacher stood there looking madder then ever.

"Mighteyana use bite on the kid!" the poacher said.

Max stood there cringing in fear. The yellow pokemon behind him sprang to its feet.

"Pikachuuuu!" It yelled shooting electricity first at the Mighteyana and then at the poacher.

"Waah!" the poacher yelled running away.

Max looked at the little pokemon who looked at him and smiled.

"Want to come with me on my journey little guy?" Max asked.

The pokemon nodded and then got into a fighting stance. Max knew that the pokemon wanted him to battle it to see how good Max was at battling.Max swiftly took his pokedex out.

Pikachu, the electric mouse pokemon. This pokemon stores electric energy in its red pouches. When a group of these pokemon gather thunderstorms start.

Max put it away and stood there staring at the little mouse who was staring back at him. Max slowly grabbed Treeko's pokeball. He grabbed it and pressed the button to make the okeball bigger and then threw it. In a blinding white flash the green gecko appeared.

"Ok Treeko. Lets catch us a Pikachu! Use Pound!" Max said.

Treeko bent onto all fours and dashed at the mouse. The Pikachu stood there wondering what was going on and quickly caught on. Sparks started shooting from its cheeks rapidly and then one came at Treeko. Treeko jumped over it and dodged it. Then he came around behind Pikachu and wacked Pikachu with his tail. Pikachu was sent flying into a nearby tree and then got up. It was even madder know. Electricity was shooting everywhere. It was barely missing Treeko and was hitting Max.

"Treeko use Pound again." Max said.

Treeko ran at Pikachu again, but was sent flying into a tree when one of the bolts of electricity hit him.

"Treeko!" Max said looking back.

He wasn't paying attention and was hit by a bolt of electricity. He fell to the ground and looked up at Treeko who was getting up.

"Treeko run and dodge the bolts of electricity." Max said.

Treeko got up and ran at the electricity. He jumped over, ducked under, and spiraled past many bolts of electricity. He came up to the Pikachu and stood in front of it.

"Use Pound!" Max said.

Treeko swiftly spun around and knocked Pikachu into a nearby torn up tree. The tree tipped as Pikachu hit it, and Pikachu struggled to get up. It shot electricity at Treeko stronger then the bolts before and Treeko flew into a tree, breaking the trunk of the battered tree in two. The top plummeted to the ground and landed on Treeko's body.

"Treeko!" Max said running over to Treeko.

Max grabbed part of the tree and pushed it as hard as he could. He couldn't move it. Then he snapped his fingers remembering that he could calll Treeko to his pokeball.

"Treeko return." Max said.

With a red flash Treeko was engulfed in it and returned to his pokeball.

"Ok then come back out." Max said sending him out again.

Treeko popped in front of Pikachu and stood there with difficulty.

"Treeko Tree." Treeko said grinning.

"Pi Pikachu." Pikachu said grinning too.

"Now use Pound!" Max said.

Treeko slowly turned around and whacked Pikachu hitting the battered tree. The tree tipped, but didn't fall over.

"Ok. Go, pokeball!" Max said throwing a pokeball at the Pikachu.

The Pikachu vanished after being engulfed by the red light. The pokeball wriggled back and forth and back and forth until...

((OOC: How many pokemon can we catch in the forest? At most I might catch two possibly and how many Team Aqua agents can we meet?))

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: You can capture as many as you want to. Just now that you can carry only so many and there's a whole region to go through! I guess you can battle as many Team Aqua members as you want to, too, but it seems weird that they would want to attack you after you slaugtered one of their members already. It could be something like the two members are together and one fights after the other. (TA #1- No, I lost! TA #2- Don't worry, I'll beat this twerp for you!)
    About the post, since Pikachu is the mega rare pokemon in this chapter, that means your post should blow me away. The battle is good, just add on some description and creativity on how you ran into the Pikachu instead of just walking up to it.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Chapter Six: Petalburg Woods
    Around twelve o'clock in the afternoon, James was already in the woods and holding a new Pokémon's Pokéball in his hand. He was so chuffed about this capture that he was running around in the dark woods cheering without thinking of the consequences. A flock of Taillow came storming out of the nearby trees and did not look happy. The birds all squoarked as James turned around realising he made a huge mistake. The boy started running away as the flock of Taillow started to chase him.

Earlier that day, a young boy around the age of thirteen was just awakening in a large room full of people in their sleeping bags or laying asleep on the sofa and chairs as a Nurse and a egg shaped Pokémon ran around the Center urgently. The boy named James started to lean up from the floor in his sleeping bag, before he could really wake up. The same nurse he noticed came to him and handed him three Pokéballs.

"Your Pokémon are fully healed, have a nice day." She said quickly before rushing back to her duties. The boy held his Pokéballs and put them onto his belt after he un-zipped his sleeping bag and stood up, stretching his legs.

"Now that was uncomfortable." The boy said as he felt the aches and pains on his back after sleeping on the solid floor. The boy realised the time on the wall, it was eleven in the morning, he had overslept again like many other trainers. He quickly rolled up his sleeping bag and pushed it hard into his bag which did take him a while.

"Use your strength James, ya wimp." A familiar voice spoke out. The young teenager swirved his head to the young man, it was Aron that he met along Route 101. Next to Aron was two familiar Pokémon, his Mime. Jr and that same monkey Pokémon he used to battle the Poochyena. James never found out about the monkey Pokémon before as he was in the battle against the other Poochyena with Mudkip. The boy turned around to his bag and took out his Pokédex from his side pocket and pointed it at the monkey Pokémon as the Pokédex opened itself.

Much of Monferno's hair is a bright orange color. Monferno now has an evident tail, unlike its previous form Chimchar. Its tail is similar to those of Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard due to the flames at the tips. This flame is often used as a weapon. When threatened, Monferno increases the size of its flame in order to appear larger than it really is, which is useful in scaring off attacking foes. It has white hair around its neck and gold arm bands. Monferno has blue-and-red markings on its face. To intimidate attackers, it stretches the fire on its tail to make itself appear bigger. It uses ceilings and walls to launch aerial attacks. Its fiery tail is but one weapon.

The boy slowly nodded his head as he put the Pokédex into his pocket, although Aron wasn't too impressed.

"Why do you always use that Pokédex?" The trainer asked shaking his head. James looked to Aron and looked disgusted at what he just heard.

"Why not? I've only been a trainer around a week now, give me a break for crying out loud." The teenager stormed off in reply, taking his bag with him and headed straight outside of the lounge. Aron stood there in surprise but didn't care, he put his arms onto his waist as his Mime. Jr mimiced his movements.

Outside the Pokémon Center, James realised he hadn't had a shower or brushed his teeth or even got changed due to his dramatic exit. But he didn't want to go back inside after storming out at such a petty little comment. The teenager pulled his bag around his shoulder and held onto the strap before he started to walk down the street. Many people were walking around the area, mostly trainers rushing back to the Pokémon Center, some with hurt Pokémon in their arms.

The boy looked confused and surprised as another familiar trainer ran past him. James turned round to see it was the girl he met at the Pokémon Center a few days back who looked just like the girl he battled against and won.

"Hey, wait a second!" The boy yelled out in confusion, the girl stopped and waved before running back to the Pokémon Center. James was even more confused as he thought about it.

'It's like she has a split personality..'

The boy thought about it as he walked down the road as he noticed a couple more trainers running down the road with an injured yellow mouse Pokémon, James knew this Pokémon, it was a Pikachu. He noticed the boy and girl with a few tears in their eyes.

"Okay, what the hell is going on!?" James blurted out as he kept walking forward past the Pokémart. A voice from the Pokémart then said two dreaded words.

"Team Aqua." The old man from the Pokémart James met the previous night spoke out. The boy turned and walked towards the old man.

"They're here?" The boy replied in fear.

"Yes young man, police are investigating the woods and trainers are testing their skills against them. But trainers are warned to stay at the Pokémon Center or take a differant route around the woods." The man explained. James shook his head as he looked to the woods in the distance. He nodded his head and knew he had to go there to test his skills as a Pokémon Trainer.

Last edited:

CTFx

The End has Finally Begun
    Years
    Chapter 6: 2 Roadblocks and a...Lazy Monkey?

Hunter sat up in bed, terrified. He had that dream again, that dream that he had been dreading. The dream about...it. He rethought his actions last night...he had to deny it. "J-just a dream, I really didnt go anywhere last night, it was just a dream...yeah-y-yeah thats it, j-just a dream.

He got his clothes on woke up his sleepy Pokemon, Makuhita and Poochy. They reluctantly got on their feet, and he recalled them. His heart still beat fast, but over time he completely forgot about it, talk about short-term memory loss.

He opened the door, and felt that crisp morning air. He could taste the dew on his cracked tongue, refilling his lungs with hope of a new day. He walked on the damp grass, the droplets of water flicking up, hitting his legs. It annoyed him, but at the same time it relieved him. He passed the....STILL closed gym, and proceeded on the dirt path. A ragged sign said, Petalburg Woods Up Ahead.

Ugh, I hate woods. Hunter shuddered. He thought about all the creepy trees covering the sun's protection, the numerous hiding spots for bandits. No need to be scared, he reassured himself, I have Pokemon by my side. He released both his Makuhita and his Poochyena. He stepped up to an old wooden gate, separating the outer world from the depths of the woods.

He opened it slowly, the hinges creaking, alerting the entire forest to the presence of a new visitor. Poochy and Makuhita trailed behind, exchanging worried glances. Hunter looked from right to left, then left to right, then right to left again, scanning for anything that could jump out at him. He took a right turn, and almost screamed when he saw a tall man, with a striped blue shirt, and a blue bandanna. The pirate looking man stood looking the other way, so Hunter tried to creep back the way he came. He stepped on a small twig, SNAP. The man looked back, then noticed Hunter.

"Hey! Get back here!" Hunter was at full speed now, his Makuhita falling behind. He picked him up totally, while Poochy kept pace. He looked behind him to see he was losing the pirate man, then he felt an odd sensation. He was losing gravity, then pain exploded in his jaw as he hit the ground. He took a second to find out what happened, then figured out that he tripped on a lump of fur. He looked back, there was not just one man, but two now. Hunter's heart sank.

"What are you doing? This is Team Aqua territory, now you have 4 seconds to leave before we make you!" Hunter looked at one man, then turned to the other. I can take these guys, no problem.

"Alright," Hunter challenged, "Bring it on!" He set down Makuhita, dazed from the fall, and Poochy revealed itself from behind Hunter's legs. The Pokemon wernt grimacing at the Pirate-Men, but at the lump of fur. It moved.

Quick thinking, Hunter whipped out his Pokedex and scanned it.

Slakoth, The Slacker Pokemon
    It spends nearly all its time in a day sprawled out. Just seeing it makes one drowsy.

They glanced at each other, then the Pokedex, then each other again. They whispered, inaudibly, then nodded. One put his hand out.

"Hand over the computer, kid." One said. Now Hunter couldn't refuse the fight, so he put in his backpack and shook his head. They both growled, and sent out 2 Pokemon. One was a Poochyena, slightly bigger than Poochy, but the other was an eyeless bat, it was tiny and blue, and held a huge mouth.
    Zubat, the Bat Pokemon
    Even though it has no eyes, it can sense obstacles using ultrasonic waves it emits from its mouth.

That part about supersonic waves worried him, could he make people go insane? Not a time to worry about it.

"Alright, Makuhita, use Sand Attack on that...er...Zoobat?" He stuttered, trying to make out the name.
    "Poochy, lets start it up with a Howl."

Makuhita kicked dirt on the Zubat, and it seemed to start to cough and spit.

"Hurry, tackle it while its distracted!" He leaped up in the air and knocked the Zubat right out of the sky. But right as they both pummeled into the ground, Zubat sank its teeth into the side of Makuhita, draining its life.

Makuhita cried. It, without warning, started pummeling its fist into the downed Zubat, one after the other, for 4 times. Hunter had not told him to do it, but even so, Zubat was not going to get back up.

At the same time, Poochy had holwed, but was met with sand, like the Zubat, and was hit hard. Poochy tried to get back up, but from orders from Team Aqua, he had Howled, then tackled the Poochy agian.

Makuhita stood infront of Poochy, a little dazy, to protect his friend. Poochy slowly crawled back to Hunter's side as Makuhita covered her.

"Makuhita, Tackle!" He began his charge but was met with a dodge, and a hit to the side. Makuhita fell over, writhing in pain.

The Slackoth, watching the battle, walked up to the Poochyena, and yawned. The Monkey was met with a sturdy tackle, but then something weird happened. The Poochyena just, went to sleep.

All 3 trainers were baffled as the Poochyena snored.

"Get up! What are you doing, you stupid, lazy pokemon, get up! NOW!" The frequent attempts at awakening the poor thing was hopeless. He recalled him Pokemon, growled at Hunter, than walked away. The Slackoth was still laying where he had got hit, too lazy to get up.

"That was pretty nice," He said to the Pokemon, "I bet you could make a great addition to the team!" He rummaged through his backpack, then pulled out a pokeball. He tossed it at the Slacker Pokemon, as it was transported into the red and white bulb. It squirmed, then agian. Oh, so now you arent going to be lazy?

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Alright, the post was good enough for Pikachu.
    You caught a Level 3 Male Pikachu!

To BrianGabriel: Wow, I can tell that a great story is going to happen! Can't wait to read the rest!

EDIT: Slytherfang I just noticed your post!
    To Slytherfang: No, the post was good. The reaction of the loss the little boy gave would've been one that any kid would've given (Believe me, I know from experience :))
    Electrike grew to level 8!
    Poochyena grew to level 8!

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    The pokeball stopped moving and clicked. Max caught a Pikachu!

"Yes." Max said retrieving the pokeball.

He looked over at Treeko who was scratching his armwhich had a nasty cut on it from the tree. Max dug in his bag and found a roll of bandades. He took part off and wrapped it around the thin green arm. Treeko smiled and jumped onto Max's head. Max stood up and walked back to the path through the forest. He came to the green mossy path and walked down the long winding path.

He walked along it for a few minutes and soon heard some voices.

"Please...*sniff*...Please. I want to go home." said a voice.

"Shut up kid. You're not going home until you dad gives up his pokemon." said another voice.

The voices were close. Max could tell. He walked silently into some bushs near the voices and saw a man with blue pants, a black and white striped tee, and a blue bandana standing in front of a frightened little kid who was tied up to a tree. Max moved his feet so they didn't hurt as much and stepped on a twig causing it to snap.

The man jerked his head towards the bush. Max held his breath as if the man wouldn't see him and sat there motionless.

" Zubat use Supersonic!" the man said.

A bat out of the tree the kid was tied to flew out and sent a blast of defening yellow soundwaves at him and Treeko.

"Waah!" Max said grabbing his ears and walking out of the bushs.

"A little kid! Well, you seem to have a Treeko there. I guess I'll have to finish you off. Come on kid lets have a double battle." the man said.

"A double battle?" Max asked.

"It's a battle were each person uses two pokemon instead of one." The kid said.

"Oh ok. On one condition though. If I win the kid comes with me. If you win, then..." Max didn't want to risk losing his pokemon so he didn't finish.

"Ok no problem lets go." the man said picking another pokeball.

"Go, Zigzagoon!" Max said.

A beautiful white light flashed and the racoon pokemon appeared.

"Ok. Go, Pikachu!" Max said throwing another pokeball out.

The white light flashed and the yellow mouse appeared.

"Pika."

"Zig." the pokemon said.

"Ok. Go, Poocheyana!" the man said.

"Pikachu use Thundershock. Zigzagoon use Tackle!" Max said.

"Use Tackle Poocheyana, Zubat use Astonish!" the man said.

Pikachu charged up electricity, and while Pikachu was open for an attack Zigzagoon ran up and tackled Zubat to the ground. Poocheyana came up and tackled Zigzagoon off of Zubat, who flew over towards Pikachu. Pikachu used Thundershock on Zubat then sending Zubat plummeting to the ground.

"Ok. Pikachu thundershock on Poocheyana again, and Zigzagoon use Tackle on Zubat once your free!" Max said quickly.

Pikachu charged up his attack again and shot it at Poocheyana. Poocheyana was hit and rolled off of Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon then ran towards Zubat who was creeping up behind Pikachu. Zigzagoon jumped to hit Zubat, but Zibat moved to its right a little causing Zigzagoon to collide with a tree instead.

"Zubat Astonish!" the man said.

Zubat dived at Pikachu and hit Pikachu to the ground causing Pikachu to slide across the forest floor.

"Pikachu!" Max said.

"Use Tackle Poocheyana on Pikachu. Zubat Tackle on Pikachu too!" the man said.

The two pokemon ran at the hurt mouse getting ready to hit him.

"Pikachu use Thundershock.Zigzagoon use Tackle on Zubat and make him fly into Poocheyana until Pikachus finished charging." Max said.

Zigzagoon got up and dashed at the pokemon. He jumped and knocked Zubat into Poocheyana causing them to fall to the ground. Pikachu was charging up his Thundershock and then sent it flying at the two pokemon. They both got hit and were exhausted.

"Ok. Now for the final blow. Pikachu thundershock. Zigzagoon Tackle!" Max said.

Zigzagoon dashed at the two pokemon while Pikachu charged up thundershock. Pikachu sent it straight at them and it hit them the exact same time as when Zigagoon tackled them. They fell to the ground. Poocheyana was KOed, but Zubat was still fighting.

"Use Astonish on Pikachui quick!" the man said.

Zubat dived at Pikachu after flying up in the air away from Zigzagoon. It hit Pikachu causing Pikachu to fall to the ground KOed. The man called Poocheyana to its pokeball when Max called Pikachu back to his pokeball.

"Zigzagoon while Zubat's off guard Tackle!" Max said.

Both the man and Zubat where caught off guard and Zigzagoon tackled Zubat to the ground KOing Zubat. The man called it back to its pokeball.

"This isn't over kid. You haven't seen the last of Team Aqua!" the man yelled running away.

Max shrugged calling Zigzagoon to her pokeball and ran over to the kid.

"Are you alright?" Max asked cutting the rope with a sharp twig.

"Yes. Thank you for saving me." the kid said.

"its fine. What kind of pokemon did that man want from your dad?" Max asked.

"My dad owns all sorts of rare pokemon. Mostly ones from this forest. I didn't know where my dad was and thought he was here so I wandered into the forest and then was kidanpped by that man. My dad owns plenty of Shroomish, Slakoth, Pikachu, and Pineco. Not to mention all my measly little Wurmples." the kid said rubbing his neck.

"Oh. Well you best leave the forest to your dad before that man comes back." Max said.

The kid nodded and then ran along the mossy path. Team Aqua? I probably should have asked the kid who that was. Oh well. Max though to himself. He walked over to a tree and sat at base of it to get a small break before he continued through the forest.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Very good battle post! Everyone is making Team Aqua so interesting so far!
    Zigzagoon grew to level 9!
    Pikachu grew to level 7!
    Zigzagoon learned Headbutt!
    Pikachu learned Tail Whip!

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Part Two

It was all chaos in Petalburg City, one of the biggest crisis in a long time. Team Aqua, an evil group that are rumoured to control the wrath of Kyogre and the sea. A young teenager named James, he had only been on his journey for a week but has caught two Pokémon with help from his Mudkip, his first Pokémon. He has met many people on his short journey so far and has had a change of personality, he's became more excited and less controlled about his feelings. Little does he know, he was a great journey ahead of him, full of surprises with good and bad times ahead.

The sky was blue with the sun shining onto the crystal winds, but times lke these weren't a shining day. Team Aqua was scouting the area and rumours are that Team Magma are hot on their trail. Trainers from around the area were heading into the Petalburg Woods to test their skills, even despite Officer Jenny's wishes who had the police investigating the woods and taking back all trainers spotted to the Petalburg City Pokémon Center.

"Team Aqua.." A young bad said who goes by the name of James. "Hah! What a cheesy name." James chuckled to himself as he stood by the towering woods dead ahead. He looked around to see that police were heading to the woods, he knew he couldn't get caught so he ran into the woods without delay.

Within minutes the teenager was so far into the woods he had no idea where he was or the way back, there was no turning back now. He stood looking around, surrounded in darkness and tall echoeing trees. The boy started to cringe at the thought of being alone in the woods, but he was brave and confident. He started to walk slowly across the shaded grass, stepping over large logs of fallen trees and ignoring the cricketing and chirping of several kinds of Pokémon.

James's breathing was getting heavier and faster, the beat got rapid much like a stampeed running by. He came to the woods to test his skills, but he regretted his decision. The boy clutched onto the Pokéballs on his belt, ready for any sudden movements.

"Oi! You little brat, get out of here!" James spun round to see his worst fear is now a realisation. There a young man stood dressed in blue clothing like a sailor. "Oi kid, beat it!" The Team Aqua member yelled at James again who un-clipped a Pokéball from his belt and pointed it towards the Team Aqua member who grinned at the thought.

"Police will be here any second! You're going down!" An over-confident James yelled out to the sinister man.

"You sure about that kid? I could just knock you out, but my Pokémon will wipe the floor out of you!" James took a few steps back as he mentioned knocking him out and threw the Pokéball in the air and out came James's Poochyena that stood strong as it growled at the sinister man.

"Zubat, knock that pooch back home!" The Team Aqua man shouted into the air as he lobbed the Pokéball high sending out a bat Pokémon that flapped it's wings very fast. James as usual, got out his Pokédex to get some information.

Zubat is a small, blue bat-like Pokémon. It has two long, skinny tails. Zubat's face lacks any eyes and a nose. The insides of Zubat's ears and undersides of its wings are purple. Forms colonies in perpetually dark places. Uses ultrasonic waves to identify and approach targets. It has neither eyes nor a nose. It emits ultrasonic cries that bounce back to its large ears, enabling it to fly safely. Disliking sunlight, it sleeps deep in forests and caves until sundown.

James watched the bat fly around above as once again in his second battle of his journey as a Pokémon Trainer, he has to deal with a flying Pokémon yet again. Never the less, the young trainer looked very focussed on the task at hand. If he wins, he has helped stop a member of Team Aqua, but if he looses. The boy dares to think.

"Zubat! Hit things off with Supersonic Attack!" A deep grunting voice yelled out from the bloke. The bat sent out super sonic rays creating an extremely pitching echoe into the ear drums of Poochyena and James, but not the Team Aqua member. The Poochyena's eyes went blank, it's pupils bulged as it looked around confused.

"Poochyena, use Tackle!" James commanded to his dog Pokémon that didn't know what to do and ran into a nearby tree. The man in his sailor uniform burst into laughter. The boy sighed and shook his head in dis-belief before returning his Pokémon back to it's Pokéball.

"Okay go Mudkip!" James bellowed out loud as he threw Mudkip's Pokéball which opened in the air with a red beam of light surounding the scene where the Mudkip emerged in all of it's cuteness. "You're up Mudkip, you can do it!" James encouraged his Pokémon. The Mudkip stood strong as it looked up to the Zubat and remembered the battle against the Taillow.

"Alright Zubat! Supersonic again!" The grunt yelled out. The Zubat was just about to use it's Supersonic Attack but James was urgent enough to command his Mudkip to use it's Mud Slap attack which sent mud towards the bat Pokémon which distracted it slightly, but it took no damage.

"Smart move kid." The grunt complimented James. "Zubat swoop down and use leech life!" The bat Pokémon swooped down flapping it's short wings. The Mudkip waited patiently knowing what to do just like the battle against Taillow.

"Mudkip, you know what to do!" The boy yelled out looking at the Team Aqua grunt who concentrated on what the Zubat was doing and not Mudkip that started to run straight ahead dodging the Zubat swooping in. The grunt took a step back in surprise.

"Come on you stupid Pokémon! Hit him!" The grunt lost his temper and yelled at his Pokémon repeatedly. The Zubat got very annoyed by it all and just kept flapping it's wings, refusing to do it's trainer's orders. James and Mudkip were very confused but never the less kept focussed.

"Alright Mudkip, hit it with Tackle full power!" James shouted in excitement, the Mudkip followed his command and ran towards the Zubat not high in the air and jumped towards it, the bat didn't bother dodging out the way despite it's emmense speed. The impact send the Zubat back and then flew up into the air and glided for a moment before falling down through the air. "Mudkip, finish it with another Tackle Attack!" James got very excited and didn't realise the Zubat was virtually out cold. The Mudkip still took his order and collided with the Zubat which sent it towards it's trainer who didn't care at all.

"Stupid bat, you're going back to head quarters!" The grunt got exceedingly frustrated and lobbed out his second Pokéball which out came a Poochyena. James looked to his Mudkip who still stood strong on it's four feet.

"Mudkip return." James said to his surprised Mudkip who was sucked back into the Pokéball via a red beam of light. James then threw out the other Pokéball in his hand and out came his Poochyena that seemed to be recovered from earlier. It looked at the grunt ahead and growled viciously. "Calm down boy." James said sarcasticly. The grunt saw the Poochyena and had an idea, he lobbed a Pokéball into the air and out came another Poochyena, it's a dog Pokémon battle.

"Poochyena use Tackle and hit it hard!" The grunt's dog Pokémon in it's grey fur sprinted towards James's Pokémon using it's quick feet.

"You do the same boy!" James shouted to his Poochyena which done the same, using it's quick feet ability it and the grunts Poochyena dodged around each other trying to get the first hit. The two Pokémon stopped moving and growled at each other, showing their teeth. James didn't like seeing his Pokémon like this while the grunt loved it.

"Return Poochyena, sorry boy." James surprisingly called back his Pokémon and placed the Pokéball back onto his belt. The grunt however was not happy at all, he stormed up to James and looked down on him. James looked up to see the man standing at six foot not happy.

"What the hell are you doing!?" The grunt yelled out. James looked disgusted at the grunt.

"If I didn't call him back, that would of turned into a brawl. Not a Pokémon Battle, there's a limit!" James back chatted to the grunt bravely. Who laughed it off and patted James's head, scruffing up his hair.

"You got balls kid. Say what, I'll let you use one more Pokémon against my Poochyena and if I win, you got to get the police away and to make the deal more sweat. If you win, I'll give you my Zubat, it's useless anyway." James got entrigued by the offer, but mainly just wanted to beat the grunt.

"Your on!" James then grabbed his Seedot's Pokéball and threw it high into the air. Bursting out came his acorn Pokémon that was more confident with it's win over Eevee previously. The grunt however was bursting into tears of laughter.

"That's your Pokémon! How embarassing kid, it's a nut!" The grunt was so busy laughing that the Seedot got very upset which turned into determination of it's many mood swings.

"Seedot use harden, this is going to be tactical." James said to his Seedot, that hardened the shell on it's body. The grunt was still laughing with the Poochyena yet to receive a command. James scratched his head. "Okay.. erm Seedot. Use Bide" James whispered hoping the grunt wouldn't notice.

The Team Aqua member finally stopped laughing and didn't realise James and Seedot had already gained an advantage due to his laughter and not noticing what was going on. The Poochyena grew increasingly frustrated at it's trainer and barked at him. The grunt rubbed his mouth with his hand and stood focussed at the Seedot, but he then laughed again at the sight of it.

"It's so small! How are you going to win with that?!" The Poochyena barked again and ran towards the Seedot and Tackled the acorn Pokémon sending it back slightly. The grunt stopped laughing to see the Poochyena was serious. "Sorry you little mut. But can't you appreciate a joke?" The grunt asked his dog Pokémon. James was grinning at the thought of how stupid the grunt was.

"Seedot unleash your Bind attack!" The trainer yelped out as the Seedot glowed and ran towards the Poochyena with it's tiny feet. Jumping into the dog with emmense force it sent it back across the grass.

"Oi, kid! You're going down punk!" The grunt said as his Poochyena slowly got itself up but with an injured leg. James knew that another hit might knock Seedot out.

"Seedot use Harden!" James yelled out to his Pokémon that faces the Poochyena. It's shell started to crack at the hard shell as a shade of grey crossed it's body and went back to it's original colour. The Poochyena awaited commands and got them the grunt yelled out for it to tackle the Seedot. With it's quick feet the Poochyena pelted towards the acorn Pokémon that stood still.

"Seedot, Bide again!" The Seedot closed it's eyes as the dog ran towards it. "Be brave Seedot!" James encouraged the Pokémon and with the encouragement the Seedot stood strong and took the full power of the Poochyena's tackle where the Seedot then rolled back and onto it's two little feet again. The acorn Pokémon opened it's eyes slowly to see it was still standing and not hard too much. The grunt was surprised as the dog Pokémon and saw the Poochyena hurt itself in the collision.

James wasn't quick to react but did eventually. "Seedot unleash the Bind attack again!" The Pokémon suddenly bursted forward in the air towards the Poochyena that attempted to dodge the attack, but was hit on the injured leg as it jumped to it's side. The impact caused it to roll across the grass and fall un-concious. James and Seedot yelled in joy at the victory. "You did it! Oh my god, you're unbeatable!" James yelled out as he picked up his Seedot. The grunt though quickly returned his Poochyena and legged it into the trees. James and Seedot then realised they were alone again but happy at the thought of winning, they were becoming quite a team and Seedot was never more confident in her life.

James heard a voice noises a few metres away in the trees. He stayed quiet and listened in. "Yeah, I heard there is a group of Pikachu some where in the woods. Apprently Team Magma are here to catch them to help defeat Team Aqua's water Pokémon." A couple of trainers were walking along the woods. James was very intrigued by it all, a Pikachu. What a rare Pokémon and it's not from around Hoenn. James knew what he wanted and ignored the fact that they are very, very rare.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To BrianGabriel: Good battle post! I can't wait to see how you include Team Magma and Aqua in the future!
    Mudkip grew to Level 11!
    Poochyena grew to Level 8!
    Seedot grew to Level 10!
    Mudkip learned Water Gun!

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Chapter 1 Pt 1

Beo had been thinking alot lately about his father, this may be due to the fact that he was on his way to start his pokemon journey, and any minute his ship would be landing in Hoenn. Beo held a pokeball in his hand, it was his fathers electabuzz which Beo has used for quite sometime.

"Attention all passengers we will be arriving in Little Root in approiximatly ten minutes" said a lady through a speaker.

"OK electabuzz it's time, lets do this for dad" Beo said to himself as he looked out to the town of little root.

Beo pulled out a letter from his back pack he had received from Proff. Birch, Beo re read the letter and then headed for the proffs lab were he noticed he was not there. Beo heared a scream coming from a path in the woods, Beo ran down as fast as he could before seeing the proff sourronded by several different pokemon, he also noticed several other trainers who just as he got there threw there pokeballs at the wild pokemon. Beo decided to join in this, and he grabbed a pokeball from his bag and through it at a wild skitty. The ball bounced back and fourth, before it stopped shaking and the pokemon was caught.

"Well I caught a skitty, what do ya know?" Beo said while scratching the back of his head and laughing.

(short post i know, but not much to talk about in the first chapter,,, post will get much better)

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To dboring: I know how you rp and I know that you can make posts a lot longer, so I'll let you slide by this time. As for capturing the Skitty the way you did, I don't want to say anything until I see what your next post is about. (It should be about meeting the Professor)

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Beo watched as the other trainers started shaking hands with the professor, he then put skittys pokeball in his back pack. The proffessor walked over to Beo and held his hand out to him. Beo figured he wanted to shake his hand so thats what he did.

"Thanks for helping out, you must be Beo right" the professor asked.

"Yeah anytime, and yes I am Beo" Beo said with no expression on his face.

"Well it's good to meet... Now everyone lets head back to my lab and get you all ready for your journeys" the professor said.

All of the trainers followed the professor as the walked back into little root town, and the lab Beo had come to earlier today. On the walk back Beo thought about releasing the skitty, but decided to hold onto it, for it might come in handy for a trade later. As the professor opened the door, all of the trainers walked in and then lined up and waited for the professor to make his next move. The professor walked over to a pile of pokeballs, and some high tech devices the Beo recognized as a pokedex like the one his father had.

"Well I was going to give you all your starter pokemon, but I think it would be a better decision on my part if you stick with the pokemon you caught today, but here are five pokeballs and a pokedex, use this pokedex to record the data of every pokemon" the professor said as he handed each trainer there five pokeballs and a pokedex.

Beo watched as the other trainers looked happy to get there pokedex, but this really wasn't that big of a deal for Beo as his main reason for his journey was to find clues to his fathers disspeareance.

"Well that is all I have for you, you may all go start your journey's now, please do your best" the professor said.

Beo started to walk towards the door when the professor stopped him, " Beo please come here for a second"

Beo turned around and walked over to the professor "Yeah?" Beo asked the professor.

"Can I see your electabuzz?" the professor asked.

Beo looked at him puzzeled and wondered how he knew about his electabuzz, but he handed him the pokeball andyway, and the professor let out electabuzz.

"Ahh you've gotten strong electabuzz" the professor said as he rubbed the electabuzzes head.

"Electa---buzz" electabuzz said excitedly

Beo was stunned, he had know idea how the professor knew about his electabuzz. "Wait professor you know my fathers electabuzz?" Beo asked him The professor looked back to him.

"Yes, actually i've known your father for sometime and this electabuzz was his starter pokemon" the professor said.

"YOU KNEW MY FATHER" Beo asked puzzeled?

"Yes me and you'r father were good friends, and when I heared about his dissapereance I knew you'd want to start your journey so I sent you that letter" the professor said.

"Oh well thanks, do you have any idea where my father could be?" Beo asked him.

Putting his head to the ground "sadly no I have heared nothing, but listen I know you want to find your father but don't let that cloud your judgement, you have great potential to become a great trainer, now you better get going before you get to far behind everyone else" the professor said.

"Yeah thanks i'll try not to, let's go electabuzz" Beo said as he returned it to it's pokeball, and walked out of the lab. As Beo headed down the path he found a little encouragement knowing someone else that is looking for his father.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Part Three

Previously on James's journey through Petalburg Woods, he encountered a member of Team Aqua and thanks to the grunts stupidity and Seedot's bravery, James managed to defeat him and become more understanding to his Pokémon and himself. He seems to have grown to like his Seedot more than his first Pokémon, a Mudkip and playing favourites is not a good habbit if you're a Pokémon Trainer. After the battle against the Team Aqua grunt, James over heard two trainers talking about a group of Pikachu in the forest and his next goal as a Pokémon Trainer is to find one and catch it.

There stood a young teenager with his ever growing stronger Seedot looking bemused and intrigued by what they had just heard. A group of Pikachu in Petalburg Woods, that is a rare find. The boy had a thought and took out his Pokédex while holding his Seedot in his other arm. Opening up the Pokédex, he looked through it's already stored database. There he found the information on Pikachu, he flickered through the pages reading all there is to know.

A Pikachu is short, chubby, ground-dwelling rodent notable for its Electric abilities. Pikachu have short, yellow fur with brown stripes on its back, black-tipped ears, along with an unusually shaped tail, resembling a lightning bolt. Besides its evolution and pre-evolution, it may be related to Plusle, Minun and Pachirisu, due to notable physical similarities.

Pikachu are known to have acute senses of hearing, thanks to its large ears. Most domestic Pikachu are very intelligent, understanding and interpreting human speech at levels far surpassing those of any pet dog. Exclusive to the Pikachu's subspecies is the ability to release electric discharges of varying intensity, at will, through electric sacs in its cheeks. This electric energy can be manipulated into a variety of techniques which are mostly used in battle but which can be used to roast berries as well.

As Pikachu build up energy in their electricity glands, it is often needed to discharge, as to not result in a short, or worse, which can lead to physical Paralysis, or in severe cases death. Pikachu release the built-up energy through their tail, which acts as a grounding rod, to safely remove unneeded energy. A sure sign to tell if a location is inhabited by Pikachu is to look for patches of burnt grass, which is the result of the discharge. Through an inability to release a buildup of electricity, a Pikachu may develop a rare condition similar to the human flu. This illness is most often caused by strong nearby electro-magnetic forces, which severely impact the electric glands. If a Pikachu is introduced to a magnet, it will be attracted towards its cheeks, and display other common attributes of magnetism.

In the wild, Pikachu often travel in packs, and are rarely territorial. However, when threatened, a group can generate an intense electrical offensive, and the electro-magnetic forces exerted by the resulting field can even produce a short lived, localized thunderstorm. Pikachu can be harmful pests, eating and sometimes destroying telephone poles, wires, and other electronic equipment.

Despite this, it is a popular pet, and relatively easy to maintain, with little exercise necessary for its well being. However, it is important to discharge the electricity in its cheeks periodically.

As many know, pulling on a Pikachu's tail will result in a severe shock to the offender. Another defense of Pikachu's is the use of its nasty Bite which has been known to leave quite a mark.

They are found mostly in forests, but possibly because of their attraction to their electricity or simply because they are not afraid of people, Pikachu commonly show up in civilized areas. They may even enter houses, presumably attracted by the electrical output generated by the dwellers' appliances. Pikachu are native only to the Kanto region, although they have been introduced to many other regions.

After around fifteen minutes of reading, the boy finally finished and was even more interested in catching a Pikachu. He quickly scanned over important information such as not grabbing a Pikachu's tail and where it's habitats are. The boy closed his Pokédex and put it back into his pocket. Unsurprisingly the Seedot had fallen asleep from it's tough battle, James smiled and put the acorn Pokémon back in it's Pokéball.

'So it stays in packs, I doubt I'd find one on it's own. Seedot is too tired to battle and Mudkip is a water type, I guess it's up to Poochyena.'

The boy pondered about a battle strategy before he had even begun searching for one. He stood there for a good few minutes and remembered a documentry he once watched on Pokémon Safari. He remembered that certain Pokémon can sniff out a scent of a person or Pokémon and leaving food as bait helps gain trust from Pokémon but more dificult to catch. He took out Poochyena's Pokéball and let the Pokémon out.

"Okay boy, we are looking for a yellow mouse Pokémon with big pointy ears." James said to his Pokémon that started sniffing the grass ahead. James slowly followed behind his Pokémon where it's sniffing of the grass could be heard easily. The boy stepped over a log and stepped onto a twig that snapped alerting some nearby Wurmple, a bug Pokémon that is much like many other bug Pokémon that becomes a Kakoon and hatches.

The boy turned around to see the group of Wurmple, two of them panicked and slowly moved away. While surprisingly one of the Wurmple was brave and kept it's ground. James knew it wanted a battle and he and Poochyena was going to give him one, even if it sacrificed their hunt for Pikachu for a few minutes.

"Alright Poochyena, scare the other two off with howl." James saw the other two stopping to watch and his Poochyena howled and barked which did scare them off, but the other one stayed where it was until it suddenly speeded forward and tackled James's Pokémon back slightly, but not taking much damage.

"Use Tackle boy." James said to his Poochyena calmly. James seemed more focussed and calm, not yelling out orders unlike against the grunt and the familiar girl before hand. Never the less, the Poochyena sprinted towards the Wurmple on it's four legs sending it back and knocking it against the tree. James was just about to get out his Pokéball, but saw a bunch of wierd blue sort of Pokémon come down from the trees in anger. They stood there glaring at Poochyena and James, who slowly reached for his Pokédex again and pointed it towards the wierd Pokémon.

Pineco is a blue pinecone-like creature with eyes. Pineco have the tendency to explode at random times. It likes to make its shell thicker by adding layers of tree bark. The additional weight doesn't bother it. It hangs and waits for flying insect prey to come near. It does not move about much on its own. It spits out a fluid that it uses to glue tree bark to its body. The fluid hardens when it touches air. Pineco hangs from a tree branch and patiently waits for prey to come along. If the Pokémon is disturbed while eating by someone shaking its tree, it drops down to the ground and explodes with no warning.

James's eyes widened as he read the last sentence. He looked to his Poochyena and then back to the Pineco where they group of them were starting to glow, James noticed the Wurmple trying to crawl away but was too injured from Poochyena's Tackle. The boy looked to his Pokémon and then back and ran towards the Wurmple diving and grabbing the bug Pokémon dramaticly and aerobaticly. The Poochyena ran back barking into the woods, but not because of the Pineco, something else.

"Poochyena!" James yelled out to his Pokémon as he ran from the Pineco with the Wurmple in his arms. Suddenly a flash of white light erupted the scene and the force of the explosion sent James flying forward but luckily onto a patch of clear grass, but the Wurmple rolled off his arms and onto the grass. The boy saw the smoke above fill the area but it quickly cleared. He looked back towards the tree where the group of Pineco were all out cold by the tree. The boy looked back to see the Wurmple had gone, confusion filled his face as the Wurmple had gone and his Poochyena ran further into the woods.

"Poochyena!" The boy cried out as he leaned up and walked to the tree, dodging logs and fallen trees in his path. He looked to the Pineco and looked to his Pokéballs on his belt. He un-clipped one and dropped it onto one of the Pineco's cone body where it was sucked into the ball and rolled on the grass slowly.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To dboring: Good post. You may start onto Route 101!

To BrianGabriel: Wow, the post was really interesting. I liked the way you changed courses from Pikachu, to the Wurmple, and then suddenly to the Pineco. It shows how Pokemon life can be so unpredictable.
    You caught a Level 5 Male Pineco!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back