• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Explorers' Guild ☼ Mystery Dungeon Club

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • Signing up!

Username: Synerjee
    Pokemon species: Cyndaquil
    Team name: Team Vortex

My favourite game is Explorers of Sky. I love how it's an improved version of Time and Darkness, and that there are many new features and areas to explore. The soundtracks are also as amazing as ever! PMD honestly has some of the best video game soundtracks in history imo.

I'm currently in the middle of my third playthrough of the game and have completed both the main and the postgame storylines with Pikachu as myself and Mudkip as my partner and friend (now Raichu and Swampert). I'm now in the middle of the side episode with Sunflora as the main character.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Ehh sorry I've been ignoring this place for a while. ;-;

I'm pumped about Super Mystery Dungeon too! I don't mind if there's a lot or a little player dialoge honestly. The personality test and genders would be a nice bring back though. And also, am I in the minority who loved Gates to Infinity? .-. I've only heard negativity about it, but I love the differnences in it from the other PMDs...

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • I liked Gates to Infinity, but only the story. The amount of recruitable Pokemon was abysmal. Like, you had the Gen 5 ones, and that's practically it. I think there were some Eevee, and a few non-Unova legendaries, but aside from that, nothing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    so, apparently this just went live! thoughts? c:

Welcome to the club to Synerjee! I'll add you to the first page in a bit. if there's anyone else i forgot, please tell me o: sorry i've been rather inactive lately!

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • Yes, personality quiz is back!! But, you also seem able to choose your species?? Did Nintendo read this club's posts and factor this in?? :D
    Legendary Pokemon turning into stone, hm? Bit of a spoiler, but if Lugia, Suicune and the Unova legendaries are recruitable, no complaints from me! :)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Looks like the personality test is optional. Perfect!

Legendaries turning into stone seems like an interesting basis for a plot. The trailer makes me believe Giratina is behind all that, because of how it is shown near the end, but I don't see much relation between the Pokémon and Pokémon turning to stone. I don't think it can do that, the only link I've found is it is guarding the rock horn in Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.

ThatSlashGuy

that tech guy
    Years
  • Username: ThatSlashGuy
    Pokémon Species: Torchic
    Team Name: Team Radical
    (Topic) What is your favorite Mystery Dungeon game?: My favorite mystery dungeon game for me was Explorers of Time and Darkness, because the story in that game felt a lot more drawn out and longer than Red and Blue Rescue Teams. Explorers of Time and Darkness also holds one of my favorite themes of all time, Primal Dialga's theme.

Likarus

Squirtle Lord
    Years
  • Oh cool, I wonder what the "Connection" could be. Also, mega evolutions ^.^
    I'm guessing it's either a pokemon's "Pokedex"... Or... It could be a new game mechanic.
    The trailer makes me believe Giratina is behind all that, because of how it is shown
    near the end.
    Well, I agree with the Giratina might be behind all of it, well 50%. I would naturally imagine
    Giratina transform into a "Primal Giratina" just like how Dialga turned cray-cray in PMD: Time/Dark/Sky. I kind of have
    a backup for it because they didn't show giratina's face. Well, that's just my opinion anyway.

You know... THIS is one of my favorite times in pokemon games, where Legendaries and Mythical pokemons get their own dialogues and stories.
    I imagine Arceus being like "I AM A GOD, HEAR ME ROAR" or "WHO DARES TRY AND RUIN THE BALANCE IN THIS WORLD?". (Speaking of Arceus, has he showed up
    in any PMD recently?)

Also, hi for all the new members and upcoming members ^-^
    Sorry for me not saying anything for the past 64 yea- I meant some time or so.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • *drooling over pmd 4*

I CAN'T WAIT
    So the partner character wants to explore the world and make a complete map of it huh? I always like seeing the partner Pokemon's dreams fulfilled by the end of the games, it's so sweet. *w*

Years
  • Newbie here, applying for my first club!

Username: DforDragoz
    Pokemon Species: Solosis
    Team Name: Team Derps (yes, my team is totally derp)

Topic: I'd say my favorite was Explorers of Sky. My face was wet with tears just before the credits started, and I was already wrecked by the time the post-credit scene happened. It was also the last Mystery Dungeon game I got(no 3DS T_T), so it's the best I have. Also, extra episodes, with 3 of them making me cry as well.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I own Explorers of Darkness and Time(though I gave Time to my brother) and have only attempted to play Sky on emulator(can't even afford the cheap $15 ones from Amazon ;_; how will I buy SMD???) so I always wondered why everyone absolutely loved Sly to the point where some bashed Darkness/Time. I've played a little bit of the Bidoof episode, but not much else. Is there any other main storyline changes to Sky?

also you know what n should play Explorers of T/D/S

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think I'd join in as well!

Username: Starry Windy
    Pokémon Species: Togepi
    Team Name: Team Victory

My personal favorites turns out to be Explorers of Sky, since from what I see, it have everything that Explorers of Time and Darkness offers, and make it a bit better, and it has some good storylines too.

From what I think, mostly Explorers of Sky have the same storyline, but it has more expanded stories, like the Special Episode that involves Grovyle and Dusknoir. If you finished the main story, it's recommended to play this particular episode. Spinda Cafe and Secret Bazaar is exclusive to this game, apparently, and you'll be able to visit Shaymin Village after the main story ends too.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • You should have dragged me here sooner :P

Username: Ninja Aiden
    Pokémon Species: Shiny Bagon
    Team Name: Team Deathshade Caelum

Thoughts on the new trailer?

Piplup said:
    Someday, I want to complete a map of this world!
    Next frame: A wild complete map of the world appears!
    Get your shit together Piplup XD

Also, looks like Giratina will be the Antagonist of this game! Finally, a game where Giratina can live up to its appearance and reputation, I'm looking forward to this!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • PMD 4 ever

Username: Seth Rollins
    Pokémon Species: Cyndaquil
    Team Name: Team Sky

Super Mystery Dungeon looks sooo exciting! It looks like there will be a lot of legendaries in the game, the story already looks like it's going to be AWESOME! Can't wait for it ^^

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i hath returned! and it was high time, haha. thank you for your patience, and thanks again to Lycanthropy for filling in a little too. i'll be adding all the new admissions to the main post immediately after this post. a huge welcome to all of you! omg i only just noticed there are so many new members, thank you so much everyone <3

so, time for a new topic!

Which (new or returning) features are you most excited to see in Super Mystery Dungeon?
    Feel free to discuss the story too! First of all I'd say it's great the large selection of Pokémon is back, and even the Personality Test! Still I wouldn't have minded to just have a direct choice and then just a couple more non-starter Pokémon selections like the ones we had in the DS versions either c:
    it's been suggested that Giratina is petrifying Pokémon. i'm curious about this though - since i just watched the Pokémon XY movie and saw that Yveltal is capable of that as well, apparently. so maybe he's involved as well? i'd personally love Xerneas and Yveltal to be involved because i think they're such cool legendaries!

since this topic has already been discussed quite a bit, it might only suffice as a short topic, so if that's the case i'll switch it around again soon. still, i'd love to hear if and why you're most excited for SMD!

EDIT: i just added everyone! all of you who requested a Pokémon that was already chosen by another member before you, i gave you the Shiny version instead so we won't have any real duplicates. if anyone wants to change to avoid being a double, you can ask me too of course c: additionally, i changed a couple names that i noticed were outdated - if there's any i overlooked please don't hesitate to tell me either. i hope you're all okay with this.
    my, our guild is growing so fast; the OP looks so lively now. your Guildmaster is proud!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Which (new or returning) features are you most excited to see in Super Mystery Dungeon?

The personality test. It brings back memories of me trying out all the questions to see which Pokemon I'd get. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to play SMD.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Which (new or returning) features are you most excited to see in Super Mystery Dungeon?
    I'm psyched by the fact that I can get about 720 Pokémon that is available, which means I can recruit any Pokémon I want to the team, including Legendaries.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years

I'm really excited about the story. And by the looks of it, we're getting a kinda of free-moving system like in X/Y. No more linear movement is always a plus. I really hope Giratina is the antagonist of this game. It's been so long since that legendary has been relevant :/

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Oh my, so many new people. Welcome everyone!

I'm wondering how all those 720 Pokémon will be implemented in the games. Rescue Team had a good number of dungeons already well-filled with about half that amount of species. I think the high number means many Pokémon will only be available on a few floors in one specific dungeon, unless another special way of recruiting Pokémon will be added. I really hope it doesn't affect the game in a negative way, because I've played some of those "all Pokémon available" hacks and I can't really enjoy those.

Back