• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First Pokémon you ever saw?

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    The first Pokemon I saw was Charmander and Rattata. I immediately captured Rattata, but when I saw Pidgey I freed Rattata because of it's ugliness.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    When I first got Pokemon Gold and a Game Boy Color for my 5th birthday, I started a new game and chose Cyndaquil as my starter because... it was so cute :D!!

I've been in love with Cyndaquil and it's evolutions ever since.

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    If I remember right, I think the first Pokemon I saw was a Nidoran Female, and a Kakuna, and Magnetmite. They were on Pokemon cards that my friend gave to me. I was 5 years old. I think I got this other card too but I don't remember it though. Oh well.

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    I'm pretty sure it was Charizard or Aerodactyl. It was from the fossil episode where Charmeleon evolves.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    It was a Charizard on the cover of the red cartridge or a charmander on the actual game red. Can't remember if my cousin showed me game play or the cartridge first.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    A kid in my first grade class, must have been '99, brought a ton of the Japanese trading cards, kids were on their knees begging for a card, and they instantly gained street value, first card I saw was a Koffing, which was the card I recieved from the kid, that day after school I got my first pack, with a Shiny Pinsir card. :)

Anela

I see you.
    Years
    Dewgong. I found a Dewgong card on the ground at pre school when I was little. That was the firt one I saw and my mom thought it was cute so she bought me a poster with the first 150 on it. One thing lead to another and now here I am, a 14-year-old Pokemon freak... ^^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Back before Pokemon came to the States, there was that whole Porygon controversy. I used to watch the news before leaving for school, and they would talk about the Pokemon anime and all the seizures. One day, there were clips shown of the fifth episode, and that was when I saw Pikachu and Onix.

So, they were my first, and were my favorites in the early days.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    first one I saw was stupidchu, only he was actually cool back then. his battles didn't consist of nothing but thunderbolt, volt tackle, and the OU iron tail

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Wow this topic brings back awesome childhood memories. To answer the question, It was either a Gastly (trading card) or a Pikachu (on a poster)? Anyhow it caught my attention, several years later I'm here. XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    my first was a pikachu and an eevee. pikachu cuz my cuz had a stuffed pikachu and eevee because i got it in second grade from my teacher for being good or wait... was it awnsering a math queistion? well idk

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    my first two were kakuna and magnemite all because of that crappy switch card my freind give me.....i was 5 i think..

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    I think i went round to my friends and he showed me the old charizard card which was the best in the old pokemon card games and i immediately got into pokemon XD.

Back