• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First Pokémon you ever saw?

superaipom

They do exist...
Years
  • Ahhh, those were the days. I think I invited my friend over when I was maybe five-ish. We were flipping through the TV channels and we saw a cartoon. So we just started watching it. Once I heard the theme song I knew it was pokemon. So I guess the first pokemon I ever saw was mewtwo at the beginning of the theme song. We both fell in love with it and I've been playing and watching ever since.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Wow, um... I honestly can't remember that. I'm afraid my memory isn't clear enough trying to remember so far back. Well, had to be something in the first generation, that's for sure. Possibly Blastoise from the Pokémon Blue cover? Gosh, I don't know, so far back, probably saw a Pokémon before that though. ;/ Wish I knew Oni, wish I knew.

Years
  • the first pokemon i ever saw was charizard when i was a little kid my friend got the game and i thought it was stupid but i snuck his game boy color out and the first thing i did was see an charizard on his red version .... i played it and made him lose against the elite 4 lol

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • When I was like 4 years old I was at my friends house. We were watching this pokemon episode on tape, idr what it was. Anyways, I had just come out of the kitchen, and on TV there was this awesome horse with a flame on it- Ponyta. That was the first pokemon I ever saw, and its still one of my favorites.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Oh wait, I remember! It was Porygon. One day when I was in whatever little grade, I picked up a Pokémon Card, and it found it to be Porygon. Though I had no clue what it was at the time. Oh wow, that's a great memory, can't believe I forgot that for some time. So yeah, Porygon was my first Pocket Monster sighting. ;)

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I had seen pokemon a lot when I was young, as my brother had Red and I watched him play it. I never really remembered much, though. It may have been Nidoran or something like that, maybe even Scyther. But it's all foggy.

Until one morning at about 6:30 AM. I had to go to school early because of my mother's job, so I was always up really early. Anyway, I was bored one morning and decided to flip through the tv channels. As fate had it, pokemon was on channel eleven 6:30 sharp. Intrigued, I kept it on.

Turns out the episode was To Master the Onix-pected. First pokemon seen? Onix. Others? Pikachu, Sandslash, Meowth, Squirtle. Yup yup.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    The first pokemon, i watched was Pikatchu, i still love this electronic pokemon.sooooooooooooo sweet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I remember the first time I saw pokemon, me and my friends were sitting around at my house and I wanted to watch Winnie the Pooh, but they wanted to watch this show and I'm like ew no. But we ended up watching it... The first pokemon I saw was Psyduck, and it's been my favourite since.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The first Pokemon I ever saw was Charmander, on this Pokemon card. I fell in love with the little lizard immediately and the rest, as they say, is history.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • First Pokemon I ever saw was Abra. It was in the first ever Pokemon card sets to come out, and someone gave it to me, since it had been sweeping the school, for a while. Later, I somewhat got into the Anime, but lost track of it, when I started playing the games.

Unfortunately, my first wasn't Eevee... :( ...but Eevee was the first Pokemon I'd started obsessing over, and in the first Jungle pack of the cards I bought, the one on top was actually an Eevee. XD I remember that, because I also got Flareon, in the very same pack, as well. :)

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
    Years
  • i saw my first pokemon when i watched cartoon network and mewtwo strikes backs was on. my first pokemon i ever saw was mew!

Years
  • Period: Bulbasaur
    In a Game: Charmander
    In the Wild: Pidgey

I actually started with Squirtle in my first game, but I found the Charmander pokeball first. All of this was on Pokemon Red.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • first ones i saw ere Cubone and Pikachu, from way back when in the anime. when Ash was still going through the Kanto reign and only had two or three badges

Back