• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Food Thread

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    So apparently you guys are having a problem with inactivity.. and I thought.. where'd all the fun discussion go?
    So after my.. what.. 4+ months being away, I figured I might as well introduce a popular thread that I made at another forum to help out some old friends here.

So go at it! Talk about your favourite foods, post pictures of what you bought or made recently! Tell us about foods that you think are horrible, or foods that you'd always love to try! Feel free to post pictures and videos~ But don't forget the rules!

I love food so let's have fun and talk about food! YumYumYum!!
    The Food Thread

The other day I tried pickled duck feet.. and I actually really enjoyed it. I'm now in the mood for some penne alla vodka <3

And here's one of my absolute favourite drinks. It looks gross, but trust me.. it tastes delicious! Like apple-pineapple-kiwi! Plus it's healthy! I swear it doesn't taste like swamp!!!

Spoiler:

Anyways, I'm out now! Seeya.. maybe! Haha~ ;3

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I would love love love to eat lobster. I love seafood in general. I really enjoy to eat and I can eat pretty much, so a lobster shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I like vegetables a lot (carrots, not so much though), and fruit is like candy to me. I'm seriously happy that I love fruit so much, I think it tastes better than candy but it's healthy, how amazing is that. And cheese mmmm I love cheese lol.

Years
    I'm a big fan of curry in all its various incarnations. Indian, Thai, Chinese, and Japanese styles are all great. The Indian varieties are pretty spicy and usually have some great vegetables mixed in like chickpeas. Thai curry has real great flavors of spices and I like the soupy quality of it. Chinese types are really filling and Japanese ones are simple and satisfying.

My favorite kind, I think, is soup curry. It's got the best mix of vegetables: carrot, potato, okra, peppers, broccoli, pumpkin and lotus root.

The Food Thread

It's a lot lighter than other types of curries, too, which is nice if I'm not in the mood for that food-coma I get from eating too much. This is delicious stuff. I'd eat is every day if I could.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Lamb dishes are one of my favourites.
    Spoiler:

Has anyone here ever tried crocodile? It tastes similar to chicken, but stronger.

Last edited:

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I've been eating all fruits and veggies as of late, so I've been looking for more fruits to try. And recently I came across pomegranate. It's m-azing. <333

The Food Thread

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Food is magical. It is history, culture, family, tradition, class, climate, and celebration all mixed together in an edible form.

You meet with friends or family and you sit and break bread, as it were. Food's very important besides satisfying nutritional needs or hunger.

When you eat, you should have that same moment that the critic in Ratatouille has at the end of the film. It should transport you somewhere.

Will talk about favourite foods later...

Noodles in general are amazing. I took foods 10 last year, and I wanted to continue in Foods 20, but I had to take 2 sciences, and with French and Robotics 20, I had to take foods off my list. Oh well. I can learn from my mother.
    If the Italians and the Chinese, two great food cultures, both do it, you know it's a good idea.

So, noodles or pasta is win

Last edited:

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Bought a chicken the other day so I've been experimenting with a lot of things, most new to me being cutting down, brining, and drying a whole bird.

Had bone-in thighs & torso marinating in balsamic vinegar, cayenne, ground Thai pepper, tandoori powder, and some Greek herb mix I found, so roasted them for dinner tonight with green beans.
    Breakfast was the drumsticks slow-cooked all night in beer, cayenne, rosemary, and a splash of homemade ginger root tea because I was drunk. Turned out utterly smashing, to my surprise.. added the meat & pot liquor, broccoli, onion, red pepper, egg, and spices to chicken ramen.

Years
    Lately I've had a hankerin' for donuts, specifically the good kind that look like these:

The Food Thread

But sadly the only place around where I am has ones that look like these:

The Food Thread

I'm normally not so picky about the looks of my sugary sweet pastries, but I can't help but feel I'm eating more oil and grease with these cheaper ones and that turns my stomach a little.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Has anyone here ever tried crocodile? It tastes similar to chicken, but stronger.

Something that tastes more like chicken than chicken? Interesting. ._. Where/how did you come to try croc?

I've been eating all fruits and veggies as of late, so I've been looking for more fruits to try. And recently I came across pomegranate. It's m-azing. <333

The Food Thread

Pomegranates are amazing <3<3<3<3 It's horrible how careful you have to be while eating them though. They crazy stain. /childhood experience

Now, as for me... My family does a lot of cooking. and since my grandma is just awesome like that/just needs to. Most of the foods we make and about as home-made as possible. (I even learned how to make Tortillas from scratch! They smell and taste amazing.♥) Not to mention my mom has this habit of uploading pictures of said food to the internet to kind of show off, ya know? Which would help here, since pictures of food are always cool.

For instance: Here are some Teriyaki Shish kabobs that we made over the weekend.... Freaking delicious. It was all marinated in home made teriyaki sauce too. I hope to learn to make that. 8D
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love food. It's better to ask what foods I don't like rather than what I do like. My favorite foods are uhhhh...gee, this is difficult! Nachos, fettuccine Alfredo (or any other pasta, as long as Alfredo sauce is present), steak, strawberries, and sushi. Not all together, of course.

I don't cook a lot, but when I do, I'd say I'm pretty good. I come from a family that loves to cook and rarely ever do the same recipe twice haha.

Random, but I modded on another forum a few years ago in the Food and Cooking section. YEAH. I kept it really active though, because I could talk about food all day. XD; -eating as I post this-

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I had some good ol' carnival food. Week old corndogs sloshing around in a soda stew with cotton candy and nachos, plus a spin on the Gravitron 2000, you get out, ready to eat all your food a second time! :DDD

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Galician octopus - Ingredients: 4 quarts water, 1 octopus, 1 pound potatoes boiled with their skins on, hot paprika, sea salt, olive oil.

Instructions: you will need to put the water and 5 tablespoons of salt into a large pot and bring it to boil. In the mean time, cut the eyes and the mouth of the octopus.

Once the water is boiling, dip the octopus into the water. Lift out quickly and put it back once water returns to boil. Repeat same process 3 times as this helps the octopus tenderize. Finally, let the octopus boil for 2 hours.

Turn off the heat and let the octopus in the pot for 10 minutes. Finally cut the octopus into half inch thick rings and the body into small chunks. Divide the octopus into even pieces along the plate.

Slice the potatoes in half inch thick slices and place them on the plate. Finally, add olive oil, hot paprika and 1 tablespoon of salt.

Enjoy!

You will like if: you are not afraid of chewy textures

Had it first in Spain and loved it. <3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    My two favourite things in the world are Chinese food (mainly satay chicken) and lemon meringue pie. I love them more than I love my family, and if either one of these dishes and my family were both trapped in a burning building, I would grab the dishes and then get as far away from the building as I possibly could so that the tastiness would not be disrupted by the smell of burning flesh.

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    This as a first plate:
    Spoiler:

This as a second:
    Spoiler:

And the drink:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So guys
    Lactose intolerance

Does anyone have it? What alternatives to milk would you recommend? I only know of the obvious one (soy milk) and I don't want to just google it and get something that MIGHT BE GROSS

Years
    I know some people drink almond milk, but just out of preference. It's pretty similar to soy milk, but I'm sure the brand you get will be the biggest factor in if you like it. I only know one person irl who's lactose intolerant and she just avoids milk-like beverages altogether in favor of teas and juices.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I love all sorts of food. Except most vegetables. >__>

I would have to say my favorite meal as of late has been the ribs that my mom has made. She took pork ribs, salted them, and set them in her crock pot on high, with a barbeque sauce that I can't quite remember. Lots of barbecue sauce, by the way. XD And it sat in it all day, and it got so delicious that I was speechless. I love those ribs. Now I am hungry, darn it. >__<

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    So guys
    Lactose intolerance

Does anyone have it? What alternatives to milk would you recommend? I only know of the obvious one (soy milk) and I don't want to just google it and get something that MIGHT BE GROSS

I know this one! Soy products, I do not recommend, and neither would I recommend pasteurized milk. But since you are lactose intolerant you can avoid milk and it's unhealthy properties. Although it's somewhat expensive, Almond milk is very good! Also, coconut milk is another good alternative.

Hopefully I didn't start a food fight, lol. But I am not a big fan of processed foods, or meats/animal by products that have been chemically altered. But I cannot contest that those foods taste amazing!

Back