• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Food Thread

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    So I'm in need of a little help. I'm looking to make a large-ish dinner for about 7-8 people and I'm trying to come up with some "seasonal" foods for autumn. My trouble is that I have a lot of different preferences/tastes I have to accommodate including vegetarian, lactose intolerant, meat lovers, and some general pickiness. I've got pumpkin pie and/or pumpkin curry to cover that food, but that's all I've got so far.

I don't want to have to make too much food, but I'd still like to have something for everyone. So, anyone got any suggestions?
    Squash soup maybe?

For the meat lovers... I see game as more of fall type of thing. So, something like rabbit or duck.

Last edited:
    Years
    Squash soup maybe?

For the meet lovers... I see game as more of fall type of thing. So, something like rabbit or duck.
    I like the soup idea. I might use that instead of my pumpkin curry idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think I could handle rabbit or duck unless I could buy it already prepared at a supermarket though.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I like the soup idea. I might use that instead of my pumpkin curry idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think I could handle rabbit or duck unless I could buy it already prepared at a supermarket though.
    Yeah. Soup works for the meat folks too. You can sprinkle some pancetta or bacon over top when serving. Sour cream too.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Who doesn't love food? especially deserts, cookies, doughnuts, waffles, pancakes etc!

My favourites are Lasagna, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Curry, Spaghetti Bolonaise, Crispy Duck, theres loads!

Mmm!
    The Food Thread

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Ever tried meat/salad rolls engulfed in Arabian pie? You're going to hover above ground for a little.

The Food Thread

And the cold weather outside is just the thing for warm onion soup. With whipped cream and a touch of cider.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They both look delicious! I've never heard of Polvoron but it really looks like my type of food! I'm heading down to one of my local stores to pick up some Candy Apples for tradtion and because well... I've got a craving for them! I'm also getting party food for a party on Saturday ^^

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    The ever-so-interesting taco thread.

Because I know everyone in the world likes tacos, or have at least eaten them once in their life. Answer these questions for me if you please. :3 Make sure you explain your reasons as well.

What do you like about tacos?

What sort of things do you like to have when you eat a taco?

Do you prefer soft or hard tacos?

1. I think the thing I like about tavos the most is that they're so versatile. You can have lots in your taco or just a little bit depending on your taste. You can even ask for chocolate tacos if you want, if thats what you're into. :)

2. When I'm eating a taco, I usually prefer to eat the standard meat and cheese in one, with lettuce sometimes if it's presented to me. Something about the chill of lettuce and the cheesiness of cheese makes it all better.

3. All depends on me. I do prefer soft tacos, but I usually eat them wrong, as in like a burrito instead of a taco, but I like hard ones because they're more traditional. But yeah, taking both those points into consideration, I prefer the soft tacos.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    No. I only like..
    CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME

In all seriousness I've taken a liking to chicken tacos.. and I like wraps a bit more. Save for the meat, I have to have cheese and lettuce in it. Everything else is optional.

I usually go for soft, but I dont mind either <3

Edit: Okay.. if this is going to be moved to other chat then shouldn't it also be merged with my food thread?

Also..

The Food Thread

LOOOOOLL!

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I honestly don't know what this is called in foreign countries, but in our place, it's called Adobo. Weird name, huh? :3

Here's a photo of it!
    The Food Thread

With rice! ^.^

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I have a hankering for steamed vegetables with oyster sauce....

HAH. Kidding, I want deep fried grease.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I like to eat cockles. From where I come from, they are called hum. Best eaten with sambal chilli (a type of chilli paste that is sweet) with lime. Other than that, I eat a lot of rice (3 bowls on average). But surprisingly, I am not fat (174cm, 50kg).

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I feel like eating another plate of Nacho's with cheeeeeessseee! :'3 .. I'm so hungry at the moment that I clicked this thread. XD

Years
    I never understood the appeal of cheese. Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. And at the same time some of them are dead against eating tofu even though they're like made by a similar process and have similar textures, and with tofu you can flavor it with anything you want.

I really should try making a gratin with tofu instead of cheese and then feed it to people and see if they notice a difference.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I never understood the appeal of cheese. Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. And at the same time some of them are dead against eating tofu even though they're like made by a similar process and have similar textures, and with tofu you can flavor it with anything you want.

I really should try making a gratin with tofu instead of cheese and then feed it to people and see if they notice a difference.

I don't think that's true at all, actually. I find tofu has a more.. moist texture than cheese. Unless we're talking about bocconcini.. which is a type of moist cheese. Or Ricotta. Both cheeses that I dislike.

Dry cheeses tend to add a salty flavour to foods, meanwhile tofu just takes on whatever flavour you cook it with. I don't find it adds much to the dish unless it's cooked separately or you just need that protein.. at least to me. I don't find the texture to be that appealing.

However, I love Korean BBQ style tofu. Oh gosh, it's so delicious. It's the marinades that really make it. And I love tofu in miso soup.

Oooh and Adobo sounds good. Speaking of Korean that reminds me I want to try Bibimbap.
    The Food Thread

Nom~

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    How many cheeses have you tried though? There's an crazy large amount of different cheeses. Some taste terrible, some are delicious.

Idk why there's such opposition to tofu. Even when unflavoured it's far from being bad, just bland. That said, it's good for protein when you're a veggie, but otherwise there are usually better alternatives.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've always wanted to try tofu...but I don't think any of my friends would ever want to, haha. So many things that I want to try, omg. I just want to eat all the food.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't think that's true at all, actually. I find tofu has a more.. moist texture than cheese. Unless we're talking about bocconcini.. which is a type of moist cheese. Or Ricotta. Both cheeses that I dislike.

Dry cheeses tend to add a salty flavour to foods, meanwhile tofu just takes on whatever flavour you cook it with. I don't find it adds much to the dish unless it's cooked separately or you just need that protein.. at least to me. I don't find the texture to be that appealing.

However, I love Korean BBQ style tofu. Oh gosh, it's so delicious. It's the marinades that really make it. And I love tofu in miso soup.

Oooh and Adobo sounds good. Speaking of Korean that reminds me I want to try Bibimbap.
    The Food Thread

Nom~
    I love bibimbap! I had it during my trip to Korea last year and it was delicious. I even had it even when I left Korea.
    I've always wanted to try tofu...but I don't think any of my friends would ever want to, haha. So many things that I want to try, omg. I just want to eat all the food.
    If there are any Japanese restaurants nearby, you should try out agedashi tofu. It's so good with the sauce and the crispiness.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If there are any Japanese restaurants nearby, you should try out agedashi tofu. It's so good with the sauce and the crispiness.

I know it's not like high-class food but my favorite japanese food is still...

The Food Thread

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

I know it's not like high-class food but my favorite japanese food is still...

The Food Thread

Ramen? Whenever my family goes out to a Japanese restaurant, sometimes my dad orders that. There's also a Japanese restaurant not too far from my house that serves a ramen with broth that's been cooked over 2 days. I think they did that to enhance the flavor.

As for me, my all time favorite Japanese food is:
    Spoiler:

Back