• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Congratulations Sunderland. 4th consecutive time they have surived a close relegation battle. The last match was just a formality with the way Everton are going. No reason why Norwich can't win at Goodison on the last day, Everton have nothing to play for.

Years
  • Well Everton might (probably won't) have a new manager to impress now. Norwich will probably be pretty down and not interested in an irrelevant match.

It looks like they're all being pushed out now, Quique Flores confirmed to leave. I was hoping he'd stay on and continue this run of form into next season.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Mackems always float at the bottom. I'm kind of glad Newcastle got sent down, we can kind of start fresh. Last time, we came right back up and finished 5th a few years later, but Mike Ashley happened.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • As an Arsenal fan I am, of course, delighted with Tottenham's capitulation! However from a selfish point of view I feel like Giroud's hat-trick today is masking our need for a forward even more! He went fifteen (15!) Premier League games without a goal this year and while he has many positives he has more than a few gaping flaws that counteract it - namely: his lack of consistency! People on my Twitter timeline have gone as far as to say he was our best player this season... What do you guys think? I'm curious

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    As an Arsenal fan I am, of course, delighted with Tottenham's capitulation! However from a selfish point of view I feel like Giroud's hat-trick today is masking our need for a forward even more! He went fifteen (15!) Premier League games without a goal this year and while he has many positives he has more than a few gaping flaws that counteract it - namely: his lack of consistency! People on my Twitter timeline have gone as far as to say he was our best player this season... What do you guys think? I'm curious

Ozil was the best this season from Arsenal, but Giroud certainly is the best looking..

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The Sevilla Cup final ended as expected. Poor Liverpool, but their second-half collapse was brutal. It's like they never quite left the dressing room, mentally at least. Amazing. It also seems that not even sending Sevilla up to the CL can stop them from winning the EL yet again. Will someone stop them, gosh? I do hope we have a go at them at the UEFA Super Cup though.

Meanwhile, Sevilla and Barça will play for a second trophy this weekend. Quite unexpected that Sevilla, of all people, could be the ones pulling off a double this season.

Years
  • I tuned in for the second half with the hope of seeing something like that, got far more than expected. Great comedy. Great crying Scousers.

One of the mythical ITK posters [he's given out lineups and transfer targets correctly on previous occasions] from The Pinkun has stated that Timm Klose is genuinely happy to stay. What a massive result that would be, although I'm still feeling that this might well be false hope. Throughout our rise from League 1 we've never really had a properly good central defender, Turner and Bassong had their decent runs but Klose is on another level. If we can keep him we can sign one more and get Bassong out the door, okay this might be pushing it.

Years
  • They finally pull the trigger on Van Gaal then. Harsh timing, but he should have gone a long time ago.

Celtic seems like a major backwards step for Rodgers, but we'll soon see how it works out for him.

Years
  • Barton at Rangers sounds like fun.

He's a tosser but I think he'll do well at Celtic. Fully expect him to return to the style he used at Swans, they'll let him at least have some input into transfers unlike Liverpool.

New contract for Stephen Whittaker. Okay, I guess he's useful at this level. Decent cover for Pinto.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Any thoughts on the Champions League final?

I'm confident that Atleti will take it, but you can never really count RM out, especially now that their form has been improving. Who's everyone cheering for?

Years
  • As an absolute Ronaldo fanboy, I'm on RM's side. That said I wouldn't be unhappy if Atletico won especially considering Went supports them.

I think Atletico will win. Bale's comment today will give them motivation and Ronaldo is probably going to play injured.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I just want the day to end. I'm so stressed. If we don't win (which is obviously my preferred outcome), at least I hope we lose 5-0 so I can stop watching it at half-time, but please, no more 93rd minute equalisers for the love of god.

You know what would be nice? Torres scoring the winner. Yes it would be nice.

Years
  • Commiserations Went. Maybe I should stop making predictions in this thread because they always go wrong, it even happened on page one were I expected RvW to be good for Norwich.

Nice to see your fans' solidarity with Juanfran, buying jerseys with his name.

Back