• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Only thing i can think of right now is that you are able to go to the Orange Islands

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    They should make it be one of the longest pokemon games and have it take through all the regions and the orange islands instead of only being in one region have a whole world that you can actually catch em all with out having to buy all the other games to get the starters from other gens like have charracters trade rare pokemon for starters from other gens.

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • how about the ability to change ur appearance anytime ur in ur room. not just when you go to a contest

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
  • Well it all ties together. U cant change one without the other being changed, As a matter of fact, 5th gen should bring babies for Onix, Rhydon, Lapras, Girafarig, Aerodactyl and Carnivine. I cant imagine any of them hatching.

Why can they not leave the originals untouched? Am I not the only one that wants to see this? It's crazy.

The way I always assumed it before baby pokemon came out was that pokemon were simply really small when they were first born/hatched/whatever, and grew a little each time they gained a level.

Indeed, much more logical.

I think they need to make it easier to catch the legendary pokemon cause you can trust if you trade a mew or a lugia and not knowing if its lagit or craked but a game with the option of going to other regions after would be so great and having your favorite pokemon walk with u would be awesome having more pokemon storage space!

Yeah, but Nintendo will never do that unfortunately.

Technically we don't need any pre-evolutions by that logic. They aren't needed, but I like them. They're cute, they're new sprites and creatures, and I don't think they take anything away from the game. Sometimes the happiness leveling up thing can be irritating, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

They don't add anything to the game either, they're pretty much a waste of space. And I refer you to my first point in the post.

If Rhyperior, Tangrowth and Lickilicky had no improvements over their pre-evolutions, then I would agree that they were a waste. However, all three of them are obviously better than their pre-evolutions. I personally loved the idea of adding evolutions to pokemon that were pretty much useless - sure, Rhyperior, Tangrowth and Lickilicky might not be the best pokemon, but they are useable. They might not "be needed", but they were an addition that made them viable. Honestly, I'm sick of all the pokemon which seem to be "fillers" in the pokedex because their fully evolved forms are absolutely useless and suck. Rhydon may have been sort of useable before Rhyperior, but Tangela and Lickitung, along with many other pokemon that got new evolutions were not viable at all.

They might be useable, but they are killing off what we used to have. I didn't think they'd continue to evolve Pokemon in different generations because it doesn't seem right. I just wish the original 150 could be left as we remember them.

This doesn't remove traces to Generation 1 pokemon. They're still there; but now they have improved evolutions. I don't think that Lickitung, Tangela or Rhydon were seen or used very much if at all because they had horrible stats. I would love to see all pokemon that have incredibly low stats or are just bad overall to be improved; this could be through evolutions, new abilities, or just improving the pokemon's stats. I personally like the evolution route, because I enjoy the new sprites and designs - they're fresh and new. Perhaps Nintendo could remove the need to add new evolutions to older pokemon by simply not making so many useless pokemon, but it seems like they're not going to stop that - Bibarel is a good example of that. x_x So while I'm not happy with the introduction of useless pokemon, at least they're fixing some of them with new evolutions.

No, you're right, I used the wrong phrase entirely for some reason, but I did mean they should be left as they are.

R/S was (in my opinion, and many others) a huge disappointment compared to the second generation of games. The only thing I liked was the better graphics and things like abilities, but other than that it wasn't really anything that amazing. Hopefully if there is ever a 5th Generation of pokemon games they will implement some of the things in the 2nd Generation. Even if the 2nd Generation had some flaws like the battery running out, Kanto being too easy and unfinished, I do think that the ideas introduced there were some of the best. The day/night, daily events (bug catching, Lapras appearing, etc.), radio tower, and all of those other amazing features should return - I know the day/night thing is back in D/P, but it doesn't seem as unique as it was in G/S/C.

I'd agree, I liked R/S to an extent, but it didn't feel like the same game I was playing. However I do believe that Generation IV is more of a disappointment than Generation III. They should of course bring things back, but it seems like the games have finally lost that charm they had when they were on the Gameboy and Gameboy colour, something about them was excellent and unique, now it just feels....boring.

While I agree with your last point mostly, I don't think Platinum was a scam. I mean, Nintendo could try to polish their games more so they wouldn't have to release a third one in the same generation of games to fix the mistakes, but that's just the way it is - it's for money. Platinum is fixing a lot of problems within the game, such as the lack of pokemon before the national dex, making the game a little more difficult, adding more features, more story line, etc. Perhaps if the game had nearly no new additions I'd be ticked off, but Platinum has a lot of new things add. Besides, Nintendo has always released a third version of the same game, so it's not like this is something new. If you think it's a scam, don't buy it. However, I don't think you should act like this is something new - Nintendo always makes three versions of (basically) the same game for money. That's just the way large companies are with such a popular product that people are willing to spend money for. :)

My main point is the intro of the Battle Frontier in Emerald, the sudden disappearence of it in D/P and then the sudden return in Platinum. Why is this not a permanent fixture? If it could be in Emerald then there was no reason for it's loss in D/P, unless of course, as I assume, they are completely lacking in new ideas so they feel the need to take things out so they can "improve" the next game by putting them back. Obviously Platinum has made a few changes like more fire types, but that's not enough really to warrant a whole new game. I'd also suggest Crystal was not enough to warrant a whole new game, however Gold and Silver were two brilliant games from the start, so it really didn't matter too much. Yellow to Red made the crucial change of being like the anime, and Emerald made the big change of adding a Battle Frontier at the end which for me, saved Generation III in itself.

For me, Platinum is not doing enough to warrant a whole new game, or me buying it, which would be a shame because it would be the first game I haven't bought.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Bring on more fire types!! Maybe another volcano!!

Hell yea!!!

Wait, another volcano? You mean like Typhlosion?

Anyways, I hope the alter the Pokemon's stats, so that there are more Pokemon in the OU Tier than the UU Tier

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Snow Panther and Black Jaguar would rock! Also a pokemon based on city pollution being Steel/Poison.

Years
  • Any Future Pokemon or Pokemon Evolutions You Have in Mind?

Ever wondered about any future Pokemon and Evoloutions and what they would be? I have! Here are a few of my ideas.
    1. A new Mightyena Evolution called Gruffyena
    2. A pre-evolution form of Meowth
    3. An evolution for Pachirisu

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • Actually, I preffer to have totally new evolution chains that new evolutions of well-known Pokemon.
    Sometimes they make it good, but sometimes I feel it's too much (for example, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Rhyperior, Mamoswine and almost all the new evolutions from Sinnoh)

BUT I think it would be interesting to see an evo for Pachirisu.
    Or another one for Marowak, I would like to have a Ground/Fight Pokemon, so I think it would fit well.
    And what an evolution for a Male Skitty????

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    i personaly think for starters pkmn grass/ghost,fire/psychic,water/dragon
    new forms for suicune,entei,raikou since they are reincarnates of there original form also lugia and ho-oh
    preevolutions to meowth,farfeched,syther,pinser,kangaskahn
    evolutions to golduck,electrode,pinser,kangaskahn,arcinine,ninetails,mr.mime,jinx
    returnof magma,aqua,rocket
    advanced radio system
    seasonal system
    day & night
    multiple regions at least johto,kanto & maybe hoenn or southern islands
    seasonal pokemon maybe one that evolves every season
    legendary gardians-grass/dragon,water/flying,thunder/dark
    other type combos fire/ice, thunder/ice, grass/steel, dark/bug, dark/steel, fire/bug, thunder/fire, steel/ice

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • I have a lot of pokemon in mind, here they are along with the reasons:
    Eevee - More eeveelution families I hope =D.
    Mr Mime - Mr Mime has a baby evolution as does Jynx, Magmar and Electrabuzz. I'm guessing it also has a final evolution too like Electrivire and Magmortar.
    Jynx - Same reasons as Mr Mime
    Pinsir - I mean Scyther has an evolution, why not Pinsir too?
    Quilfish - It's version counterpart Remoraid has an evolution, why not Quilfish as well?
    Stantler - probably a baby evolution of it or an evolution of it will be added
    Donphan - It's pretty similar to the Rhyhorn family, I mean if Rhydon gets to evolve into Rhyperior, what are the chances of Donphan evolving?
    Delibird (unlikely) - Again, version counterpart of Sneasel for FR/LG, very unlikely though considering it can only learn one attack by itself...
    Dunsparce - Uhmm not too sure about this one but I have a feeling it has an evolution behind it.
    Swellow - I mean it's counterparts Pidgeotto and Staravia evolves, why doesn't Swellow too?
    Tropius - Most likely I reckon there's gonna be a pre-evo of it.
    Absol - Most likely I reckon there's gonna be a pre-evo of it.
    Banette - I mean if Dusclops gets to evolve, why not Banette too?
    Pachirusu - Pachirusu's got to evolve into something! I mean it looks like a baby pokemon so pretty high chance if you ask me.
    Chatot - Possibility is pretty slim but I have a feeling there's more to this pokemon that it meets the eye.

I might've missed some but those are just my ideas.
    Though the idea of Mightyena evolving would be pretty cool, I dunno if it's likely considering their counterparts Rattata, Sentret and Bidoof do not have third evolutions, unless those are gonna be made too I hope =D.

Oh and I'm guessing there's gonna be a dragon type eeveelution. If I could name it, I'd call it Drakeon (lul)

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Pachirisu - I've always thought that Raichirisu would be the name of Pachirisu's evolution. It just seems too obvious for it not to happen.

Eevee - Eevee has a lot of types under its wing, right now... but why does it not have a Normal type evolution? Eeveon would be an amazing evolution for Eevee, giving it a chance to really make use of that Adaptability... ability! XD
    Of course, there are also other types that would be awesome, such as a Flying or Dragon type Eeveelution.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The following are all from a new generation I've designed, Pokemon Black/White/Colour. Not that I've got too much time on my hands or anything....

Khanoey - Prevo of Kangaskhan
    Mantrizor - Prevo of Scyther

Batmag - Alt. Evo of Magmar
    Vespilectra - Alt. Evo of Electabuzz
    Vulkrow - Alt. Evo of Murkrow

Jurrascade - Evo of Lapras
    Cereburn - Evo of Houndoom
    Psatu - Evo of Xatu
    Hitmonja - Evo of Tyrogue
    Hitmonchamp - Evo of Hitmonlee/chan/top/ja
    Titaneon - Evo of Eevee (steel)

The following are not just ridiculous over-powered evolutions made simply for coolness, they are central to the plot of the game.

Charmageddon - Evo of Charizard
    Doomstoise - Evo of Blastoise
    Jugdasaur - Evo of Venasaur
    Apocachu - Evo of Raichu

I really need a girlfriend.

I think some pokemons like raichu shouldn't evolve, because they're alrady powerful. Of course, i dunno why they only did one evolution to pikachu, Raichu is too powerful to be a 2nd evolution, yet too weak to be a final evolution.

My ideas:
    Evolutions of:
    Bannete, swelow, jynx, raichu, sunflora, xatu.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back