• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

can someone tell me where I can find the profile of the person who made these? I think these are the best fakemon starters I've seen so far! I'd love for em to be in Gen 5!
    that grass starter looks like torchic, but it looks like my vision of an ideal grass bird. That water starter does look like a digimon...

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    I feel so... dejected. I think I may be the only one who doesn't give a crap that Misty likes to go out on the cape, or Bruno likes to train on some island. I want to receive some trite mission where I need a Pokemon accomplice, be allowed to keep said Pokemon, catch other Pokemon, battle Gym Leaders who the only thing I know about them is that they're Tough as nails Fighting type! or Chilling Ice Type., beat the Elite Four, and them move onto another region (Lather, Rinse, Repeat) I don't have time for a scandalous love affair or some heart breaking, tear wrenching scene where your Rival's father dies in some PokeWar, so you two bond because your father figure is also absent. I just want to play. the. game.
    But, that's just me <.< >.>

Years
    I feel so... dejected. I think I may be the only one who doesn't give a crap that Misty likes to go out on the cape, or Bruno likes to train on some island. I want to receive some trite mission where I need a Pokemon accomplice, be allowed to keep said Pokemon, catch other Pokemon, battle Gym Leaders who the only thing I know about them is that they're Tough as nails Fighting type! or Chilling Ice Type., beat the Elite Four, and them move onto another region (Lather, Rinse, Repeat) I don't have time for a scandalous love affair or some heart breaking, tear wrenching scene where your Rival's father dies in some PokeWar, so you two bond because your father figure is also absent. I just want to play. the. game.
    But, that's just me <.< >.>
    I want a romance scene, but I also think that shouldn't be the main part of the story. A Pokewar, we haven't heard of any wars, other than that of Lt. Surge...

chicanery

is this youth?
    Years
    we've only seen two pokemon designs, but they look promising so far :x i hope they go back to more natural-looking pokemon instead of going on with the trend of having kinda bizarre ones with random appendages everywhere

Years
    we've only seen two pokemon designs, but they look promising so far :x i hope they go back to more natural-looking pokemon instead of going on with the trend of having kinda bizarre ones with random appendages everywhere
    people like gen 1 because it was "natural ' looking. They should be natural like hoenn's,Johto, and Kanto's, Sinnoh's were too odd, but I did like them... I don't want mecha overlords as the legendaries. Hey maybe the use of shades signal a more natural look opposed to the exotic Jewels and Metals used in this gen.

chicanery

is this youth?
    Years
    people like gen 1 because it was "natural ' looking. They should be natural like hoenn's,Johto, and Kanto's, Sinnoh's were too odd, but I did like them... I don't want mecha overlords as the legendaries. Hey maybe the use of shades signal a more natural look opposed to the exotic Jewels and Metals used in this gen.

the feel of gen 1 was more kid-friendly due to the simplicity in themes, i think. smaller towns, the theme of colors, and more animal-like pokemon designs... i think overall they've been getting flashier and flashier, maybe trying to appeal to the younger generation's changing taste? perhaps with this gen they'll try to go for the older fan's nostalgia buttons, following Heart Gold and Soul Silver :|a i wouldn't mind a new twist on the old style, instead of constantly trying to come up with new ideas. it's too early to tell, though, 'guess we'll just have to wait and see;;

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Maybe they added some parts to Gen IV and Gen III pokemon to make it more badass looking. xD

The overworld sprites for pokemon Black and White should get better, but their the first screenshots! x3

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Two other things I hope for, an Anime opening like on the Tales games, and some fun little interactive minigames, even one on the credits roll.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Oh yes, an anime opening... I've thought of that, the ones they have now are good, but not great. Is it possible to have a 1.30 minutes japanese music video with dinging and all, plus some good-looking film material on two screens for the DS? Cause that would really be awesome.

Backstories. Yes! Romantic scenes. Yes! Shipping? Hells yes! It's the bi-characters that make the game itself! :D

Years
    But most of Hoenn's Pokemon looked like Neopets or something.

Years
    Well minun,plusle, and a few others did look childish, but in my opinion sinnoh had more childish looking pokemon, but there's nothing wrong in my opinion about childish:).

Years
    Gettin' off topic here, no?

Topic of discussion: What types will the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 specialize in this time around?
    Are we...
    Well i think the gyms should be

1. Electric ( all odd gen's have had one) Female
    2. Grass (I like grass...) Male
    3. Poison (Koga/janine were the only poison gym) male (younger brother to koga perhaps)
    4. Dragon (it will make it hard, no one would suspect dragon in the middle of his/her journey) Male
    5. ground (there has not been a true ground gym has there) Female
    6. Flying (we only have falkner,Oh i forgot about winona, who weren't much of a challenge) Female
    7. Steel (we need another steel) male
    8. Dark ( finally a dark gym) female with dark looks, ah an evil girl but still good looking
    now the elite four ( ps; i want them to have half of their team specialize in one type and the other half in another)

1. water and Electric ( his signature pokemon should be Lanturn evolution)
    2. fire and Ice ( ice to counter ground, and water, fire to counter steel)
    3. rock and ghost (I just picked these randomly)
    4. psychic and Normal ( to counter act fighting types with psy and Ghost's with Normal , most likely will have kangahkan and Milktank with scrappy to fight)
    Now the champion: No specialty, just like Blue and Cynthia.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Are we...
    Well i think the gyms should be

1. Electric ( all odd gen's have had one) Good one! I've thought in similar ways too.
    2. Grass (I like grass...) So do I. But I'd want Grass later on, tho. And maybe a male Grass Gym leader, we've never had that.
    3. Poison (Koga/janine were the only poison gym) Boo yah! I agree.
    4. Dragon (it will make it hard, no one would suspect dragon in the middle of his/her journey) Good idea.. But that would kinda take away the Dragons being hardcore superstrong hard to get to feeling..
    5. ground (there has not been a true ground gym has there (Hehe.. Brock's Gym had more Ground types than Rock ones XP)) I agree. And not a single Rock Type in the Gym! let's see how they get around that.. ;)
    6. Flying (we only have falkner, who isn't much of a challenge) What happened to Winona? She was beast..
    7. Steel (we need another steel) That'd be cool.
    8. Dark ( finally a dark gym) YES. End of story.
    now the elite four ( ps; i want them to have half of their team specialize in one type and the other half in another)

1. Water and Electric (how come all of these use types already used in the gyms? Good idea other than that.)
    2. Ground and Ice
    3. rock and Dragon
    4. psychic and dark
    Now the champion: No specialty, just like Blue and Cynthia. No, the Champ will specialize in weather Pkmn, like a Castform evo, and FLying and ice. But that's my idea <_< >_>
    I got some ideas from your post.. My comments are in bold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back