• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    We need to have a pokemon based on the sun bear and a bird native to my home state, the Blue jay. I hope the professor is called professor pine or professor douglas and is female, the name is their last name ain't it so you can have a professor called professor Douglas. I kind of wish the new region would be based on Oregon...

Last edited:

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    I thinl the reason there hasn't been a professor pine yet is because it's almost too obvious of a name. Oak, Elm, maybe not birch, and rowan all sound like last names even though they are trees, but pine comes up and you automatically know that it's a tree for a name. I hope to see a female as well. She could be mid thirties and independent and hot. :D Joking. I think they're running out of male personalities anyway.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Definitly a female Prof. Either that, or a crazy male professor (Oak's an enthusist, Elm's quiet, Birch's spacey and Rowan's serious). Prof.Rose (As in rosewood) Prof.Maple, or Prof.Blackwood would work.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    maybe Prof. Bark? or Prof.Pine? all i know is- either a female prof or a new and young prof- OH! Prof. Cammilia- perfect for a female.. Ceder? Cottonwood :)
    i hope this prof will be my fave

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    I'd really like to see a female professor. In the Pokemon movie with the original birds, and lugia, and Slowpoke, and that ocarina thing, there was a female professor with pink hair, and I'd like to have someone like her.

Years
    We need to have a pokemon based on the sun bear and a bird native to my home state, the Blue jay. I hope the professor is called professor pine or professor douglas and is female, the name is their last name ain't it so you can have a professor called professor Douglas. I kind of wish the new region would be based on Oregon...
    I think tailow might be a blue jay.

I for one think that if they're gonna make regions based on places outside of Japan,it should be California.You have deserts,forests,mountains,and the ocean.They could even make it so there's a water route that leads west to an island like Hawaii.

Years
    I think tailow might be a blue jay.

I for one think that if they're gonna make regions based on places outside of Japan,it should be California.You have deserts,forests,mountains,and the ocean.They could even make it so there's a water route that leads west to an island like Hawaii.
    oregon also has desert,the eastern portion, has a beach, mountains, snow,ect, plus it's natural like hoenn maybe that's why i like hoenn...

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    oregon also has desert,the eastern portion, has a beach, mountains, snow,ect, plus it's natural like hoenn maybe that's why i like hoenn...

i know the region is why i like Ruby & Sapphire- it's just so different from everywhere else- all i know is- we need Beaches- we need Mts- we need snow- we need Volcanoes maybe- we need lakes- new region should take a little bit of everything from each region and make it it's own- this region will also be WAY bigger than all the others due to the enhanced graphics :)

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    There would be too much snow.

Yay for stereo types! Right?
    We don't have snow all year. It actually gets really hot in southern Canada during summer (Which is when it should take place...)

Snow up north, forests + mountains in the west, Fishing areas to the east, mountains and snow up north, and cities and stuff in the south. Also we have Prairies and lakes.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Yay for stereo types! Right?
    We don't have snow all year. It actually gets really hot in southern Canada during summer (Which is when it should take place...)

Snow up north, forests + mountains in the west, Fishing areas to the east, mountains and snow up north, and cities and stuff in the south. Also we have Prairies and lakes.

YAY ethnic stereotypes eh'!
    i would love to live in canada for a year
    but i don't think they would base it there- probs somewhere in asia/europe (anyone else want pakistan? terrorist teams anyone?)

Years

YAY ethnic stereotypes eh'!
    i would love to live in canada for a year
    but i don't think they would base it there- probs somewhere in asia/europe (anyone else want pakistan? terrorist teams anyone?)
    well team Aqua and magma were eco terrorist just look at what they did, they terrorized people using the ecosystem.

i know the region is why i like Ruby & Sapphire- it's just so different from everywhere else- all i know is- we need Beaches- we need Mts- we need snow- we need Volcanoes maybe- we need lakes- new region should take a little bit of everything from each region and make it it's own- this region will also be WAY bigger than all the others due to the enhanced graphics :)
    the region you describe sounds like my home state,oregon, did you mispelled reason as region:P.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    It should be based on Canada. Nuff said. We have everything from coast-to-coast, except deserts.

We have desserts. The Kamloops area and mainland BC after the okanagan (and a little south) is a dessert. Not Sahara dessert of course. And technically the tundra is a type of dessert, just a frozen one.

There would be too much snow.

Depends on where you are. Osoyoos hits 45 degrees annually. (40 celcius=102 farenheit). And 90's are common across the country during the summer.

Hoenn and Johto win as regions to me, (actually Johto's towns are awesome not the region itself.) Hoenn was the best region, it was so diverse and you really could find interest just in where you were.

I too am hoping for a female proffesseur and some sort of diverse region like that of Hoenn meets Sinnoh and the Sevii Islands without the big stupid mountain in the middle.

Years
    I believe the new region will be based on Chugoku and northern chibu and then the eastern parts and then they will do Shikoku then they might do the remaining eastern parts of Honshu or any other of the three so we can expect 3 more regions based in japan, so after Generation 7 they will have to move on to other countries, just look at a map of japan. Or it's the end of pokemon...

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    I believe the new region will be based on Chugoku and northern chibu and then the eastern parts and then they will do Shikoku then they might do the remaining eastern parts of Honshu or any other of the three so we can expect 3 more regions based in japan, so after Generation 7 they will have to move on to other countries, just look at a map of japan. Or it's the end of pokemon...
    though the maps are similar to the regions... the regions itself hav hardly anything to do with the locations. so even if they go onto other countries, it aint gonna make much of a differance. i also heard from somewhere along time ago, that they said that they will go to 1000 pokemon. so they'll need a few more games.

i would like to see the return of secret bases. the ones from rse. i rly loved them and the improvement in graphics could be quite nice.

its also a shame that they're not putting in the pokemon walking behind... though its to be expected. with the improvement in graphics and possibly another 100 or so pokemon, the ds would just explode if they put in overworld sprites of all the possible 600 pokemon.

Years
    I'm laughing at the fact that you guys want a female professor due to how they tend to make women fap fodder in Japan whether the game is for 12 year olds or not.

In a more positive note, Team Dusk/Dawn are good names for the evil teams, and that in each version, one opposes the other. Like how Aqua did to Magma in Ruby and vice-versa. I also agree that the games could go back to having more "natural" Pokemon after the futuristic-ish ones in D/P/PT. Palkia and Dialga don't look like dragons to me, just something that reminds me of the things the Power Rangers ride in. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back