• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    Nahh, Snubull is the Fairy pokemon.
    Not sure what Clefairy is, I'll look it up.
    Another bear would be cool, it could be lazy-ish.
    I think we need game corner pokemon.
    Not that you buy, like ones that a man gives you.
    One could be a slot machine robot and evolve into a roulette table type thing,
    the other can be a sneaky little black cat with cards in it's headband and for a tail.
    I might draw those out later.
    And no, squirtle was caught near Cerulean I think.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Dunesparce should evolve into a Dragon/Normal type. That'd be epic oOo
    Oh my god that would be epic. Its tiny underdevoloped wings will be that of a Charizards if it gets an evolution. It will actually be useful for something other than digging for gold (FR/LG REFERENCE FTW!)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Nahh, Snubull is the Fairy pokemon.
    Not sure what Clefairy is, I'll look it up.
    Another bear would be cool, it could be lazy-ish.
    I think we need game corner pokemon.
    Not that you buy, like ones that a man gives you.
    One could be a slot machine robot and evolve into a roulette table type thing,
    the other can be a sneaky little black cat with cards in it's headband and for a tail.
    I might draw those out later.
    And no, squirtle was caught near Cerulean I think.
    I'll save you the trouble here you go https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Clefairy_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Trivia

A slot machine sound cool, but odd, i would perfer the Black Cat, i'll name it Train, lol (Black cat reference).

Oh and dolphin poke=Gorebyss, clampearl evo.
    Kyogre is more dolphin like than Gorebyss,Gorebyss is based on a snipe eel here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gorebyss_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Origin

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Kyogre is more dolphin like than Gorebyss,Gorebyss is based on a snipe eel here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gorebyss_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Origin

I thought of it more as an Orca. Its in the dolphin family, but still, I would like to see a true lean mean dolphin pokemon fighting machine. Normal/water, it could be Bibarel's counterpart (haaa DPPt reference!)

Im getting the feeling that we might see a change up in the legendary line-up. Maybe get a bug-legendary for a change. Maybe a Dragonfly? bug/dragon since Vibrava has ground/dragon.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    I see, I was wrong. Sorry about that.
    The black cat would be a dark type, the Slot a steel.
    The slot would be a rectangular light blue prism, with square yellow eyes and a red clown nose. He would have two, graw, L shaped cranks for arms with little red balls on the end. His belly would have a screen on it with rows on it, the rows would move during animation. His legs would be gray, skinny cylinders with black thin lines through them, his feet would be red. The man who gives it to you will have built it, saying it was born from his two loves: pokemon and gambling! But then he'll tell you that his wife said his only love was her, so now he has to give it away. xD
    It could evolve by item, called the Power Crank, and it would turn into a brown, skinny, tall pokemon. It would have a roulette table on its head like a sombrero. It would be dark/steel.
    The black cat would have yellow eyes and stand on two legs. It would have a white diamond on its belly and three cards for a tail. It would also have three cards on it's forehead.
    When evolved, it would have longer, rabbit like ears that hang down from under a top hat with three cards coming out of the rim. It would have long, metal claws on both its hands and feet. It would also be dark/steel.
    The man would say "My love for gambling and pokemon is what drove me to catch this little guy." and then say the same thing about his wife.

...But that's my idea, I suppose it"s not really speculation. xD

I thought of it more as an Orca. Its in the dolphin family, but still, I would like to see a true lean mean dolphin pokemon fighting machine. Normal/water, it could be Bibarel's counterpart (haaa DPPt reference!)

Im getting the feeling that we might see a change up in the legendary line-up. Maybe get a bug-legendary for a change. Maybe a Dragonfly? bug/dragon since Vibrava has ground/dragon.

I don't think we'll have a bibarel counterpart. Bibarel was the new "Ratticate", but since it was a beaver they gave it water. A new dophin would work though. It could learn the move Hyper Voice. Dragonfly=Yanmega, a new pokemon. But I would love to see a bug legendary! I love bug types. I feel like they were sort of jokes as pokemon up until Sinnoh, with Yanmega and Vespiquen. I want to see bug types become more important.

Last edited:

Years

Oh it is based on a orca i just said that Kyogre is more Dolphin like than Gorebyss. The real Bibarel counter-part should be a a chinchila or a Guinea pig, they are roddents or maybe another member of the Weasel/ferret family like Linoone and Furret.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I see, I was wrong. Sorry about that.
    The black cat would be a dark type, the Slot a steel.
    The slot would be a rectangular light blue prism, with square yellow eyes and a red clown nose. He would have two, graw, L shaped cranks for arms with little red balls on the end. His belly would have a screen on it with rows on it, the rows would move during animation. His legs would be gray, skinny cylinders with black thin lines through them, his feet would be red. The man who gives it to you will have built it, saying it was born from his two loves: pokemon and gambling! But then he'll tell you that his wife said his only love was her, so now he has to give it away. xD
    It could evolve by item, called the Power Crank, and it would turn into a brown, skinny, tall pokemon. It would have a roulette table on its head like a sombrero. It would be dark/steel.
    The black cat would have yellow eyes and stand on two legs. It would have a white diamond on its belly and three cards for a tail. It would also have three cards on it's forehead.
    When evolved, it would have longer, rabbit like ears that hang down from under a top hat with three cards coming out of the rim. It would have long, metal claws on both its hands and feet. It would also be dark/steel.
    The man would say "My love for gambling and pokemon is what drove me to catch this little guy." and then say the same thing about his wife.

...But that's my idea, I suppose it"s not really speculation. xD

I don't think we'll have a bibarel counterpart. Bibarel was the new "Ratticate", but since it was a beaver they gave it water. A new dophin would work though. It could learn the move Hyper Voice. Dragonfly=Yanmega, a new pokemon. But I would love to see a bug legendary! I love bug types. I feel like they were sort of jokes as pokemon up until Sinnoh, with Yanmega and Vespiquen. I want to see bug types become more important.
    It sounds like the Rotom and the Porygon family had a fling going on there lol. But the idea of a slot pokemon reminded me of a trainer sprite in HG/SS. That super nerd with the robo-pikachu. Maybe it was forshadowing something, robot pokemon for the win! The black cat idea kinda reminds me of Umbreon. Maybe its just cause of the yellow rings it has on its body. Hopefully we can we get a formadable cat in the 5th generation. One that even tops Persian and Delcatty.

I wouldnt mind a card-based pokemon though. If you have seen Alice in Wonderland you will know what I am talking about xDD It could be a psychic type, or a fire/psychic type depending on its suit color. I think that would be cool.

And I completely frogot about Yanmega. But it was bug/flying, not bug/dragon.

https://ds.ign.com/articles/108/1086671p1.html
    IGN decided to get in on the spec :)
    i agree with them on most things, but i don't see "every region" happening unless it's it's own game
    The only reason I would see a pokemon game that includes "every region" is that its GameFreaks last resort, or a farewell. It would be cool, but the chances of that happening is very, very small.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    It sounds like the Rotom and the Porygon family had a fling going on there lol. But the idea of a slot pokemon reminded me of a trainer sprite in HG/SS. That super nerd with the robo-pikachu. Maybe it was forshadowing something, robot pokemon for the win! The black cat idea kinda reminds me of Umbreon. Maybe its just cause of the yellow rings it has on its body. Can we get a formadable cat in the 5th generation? One that even tops Persian and Delcatty. I wouldnt mind a card-based pokemon though. If you have seen Alice in Wonderland you will know what I am talking about xDD It could be a psychic type, or a fire/psychic type depending on its suit color. I think that would be cool.
    And I completely frogot about Yanmega. But it was bug/flying, not bug/dragon.

The only reason I would see a pokemon game that includes "every region" is that its GameFreaks last resort, or a farewell. It would be cool, but the chances of that happening is very, very small.

yeah, but i like IGN's idea- put it as all regions, let you pick your first region, than you first starter from that region- i see it in the next 15 years or so- but i'll be long away from pokemon by then soo
    oh yeah
    500 POSTS

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    It'd be cool if we had a bigger, more interesting forest than Eterna. That forest was so boring, there was nothing in it until the end. I think we need a new grass legendary, and we could have a giant tree where it lives. Actually, I wanna see two forests this time: a conventional one, and a jungle. We haven't seen a real jungle yet.

I agree, we need a big epic forest of doom. That one on the sevii Islands was decent... One thing I did like about Eterna though was how it had actual grass patches unlike Ilex where you can run into a battle anywhere.

wow after reading the last 2 pages Im getting pretty excited for the new games :D

lol aliens for the win! I wonder what type they would be. Poision? Psychic? Woah I just had a thought. Back in Emerald they had that rocket in Mossdeep city right? What if the player actually gets on the rocket and blasts off to Mars or Pluto. That would make sense for encountering an Alien Pokemon. Mars will have fire type aliens, Neptune will have water/ice type aliens, and Saturn will have electric type aliens. That sounds awesome in theory lol.

Haha Pokemon meets sci-fi? I think Bloothump's idea about flying to a planet to catch a Deoxys or something. But honestly I think I'd rather it if Pokemon stayed out of space. I can already see the massive array of people complaining about it like they do Arceus.

Years
    I agree, we need a big epic forest of doom. That one on the sevii Islands was decent... One thing I did like about Eterna though was how it had actual grass patches unlike Ilex where you can run into a battle anywhere.

Haha Pokemon meets sci-fi? I think Bloothump's idea about flying to a planet to catch a Deoxys or something. But honestly I think I'd rather it if Pokemon stayed out of space. I can already see the massive array of people complaining about it like they do Arceus.
    Why would people complain about space... they could go to part of the moon where clefairy and Jigglypuff lie in, and find Lunatone and a Deoxys (but not the whole moon).

Years
    Pokemon going into space would be too unrealistic and lame tbh.I love the 1st two gens for their simplicity and somewhat believable storyline.You aren't saving the world or keeping the balance between water and land,you're just fighting off TR members.No space please.

Years
    Pokemon going into space would be too unrealistic and lame tbh.I love the 1st two gens for their simplicity and somewhat believable storyline.You aren't saving the world or keeping the balance between water and land,you're just fighting off TR members.No space please.
    Well fighting a mafia style group and being 10 years old isn't as believable as you think it is, Pokemon is fantasy that's what makes it great.It's also adventure, and Sci-fi just look at the manga categories most can be applied to the games.

Years
    Yeah of course a 10 year old defeating gangs with Pokemon isn't very realistic either,but DPPT took the storyline way too far,and going to the moon just doesn't seem right for a Pokemon game.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Why would people complain about space... they could go to part of the moon where clefairy and Jigglypuff lie in, and find Lunatone and a Deoxys (but not the whole moon).

Because people complain about everything, and love to have something to complain about. This would be something that was easy to jump on the bandwagon for. I mean, we've never had more than two regions in a game and now we're going into space, the most unlimited place (not going to debate the philisophical and psycological things wrong with call space a place :P) out there yet we're still limited. It'd be hard to incorporate and would just seem so unrealistic. Plus it'd take a major overhaul in all genres of Pokemon as Cefairy is only rumoured to be from space, as well as some other Pokemon (or all of them) but never completly confirmed. Deoxys is the only one we know for sure. It could work, yes, but they'd have to do it almost perfectly. =/

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Ok i live in Australia it would be an ok region to have a game based there would be a hell of a lot of rock and ground pokemon majority of the inland is desert but a poster said above the elite four could be in Canberra It really should go to the sydney city for the simply fact that Canberra is a hole it has gone so down hill in the last 15 years all people go down there for s to get illegal fire works and illegal reptiles im not kidding at all
    so true. i went up there for camp and there was nothing to see. it would be pretty cool to hav a massive desert in the game but not make it all sandstormy. It would be cool to go through a big calm desert with a few plants and stuff around the place.

I want to explore a deserted area. like a shopping mall or factory that doesnt hav anybody in it and its all ragged with broken stuff. and rather than pokemon can just jump at u from anywhere, they can only get u in the shadows. so it will be like grass, but cooler. plus the areas that pokemon jump at u will change from the time of day. in the morning the light from windows are stretched, day the light is normal and at night the only light there are are lamp posts or something.
    this would also fit into the black and white nicely. XD

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I loved Eternas' forest. It was a peaceful forest with a creepy house at the end. The moss rock grabbed my attention and the music was beautiful. I wouldnt mind a mysterious forest like the one of the sevii islands, yet another cliff hanger.

The pokemon world is based off the real world. How would that be unrealistic? The U.S went to the moon.

Ecstatic

Chilling out.
    Years
    I honestly hope they put no twists to anything, because, as dull as it can make Pokemon, the original style is always the best, being in Space, or anything like that, would just be lame. So, I would prefer if we just had regular things, and maybe a little bit of a twist to do with the main rough 'n' tough team.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    It should have huge chunkcs of everything.

Less grasslands if you ask me. More Forests mountains and deserts. And I want them all to really feel unqiue, rather than just a grassland with more trees(Forest) or a beach with no water(Desert).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back