• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Well, they did announce that they were making an announcement next week. So, yeah, nothing happened.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Aren't Tanukis sometimes associated with Kitsune in Japanese folklore? Maybe we could get a "Pure Tanuki" counterpart for Zoroark, or maybe it could be like a rival.

Edit: Maybe something like this:

The Generation Five Speculation Thread

You make these?

Anyways, I would agree with you on the counterpart.

It would be awesome if Zoroark was the bad guy and than Ash and comp. joined with a Tanukis Poke to save the world.

Anyways good reasoning with the counterpart again!!!

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • They could just end up telling us Zorua and Zoroark's abilities and whatever special powers they have. I'm not hoping for too much from it.

I'm hoping to see a return of the Spikey-Ear Pichu =3

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I'm hoping to see a return of the Spikey-Ear Pichu =3

True dat pichu, anyways as new speculation for next week they'll probably show Zoroark's counter part, a possible legend, or just Zoroark's ability.

Hopefully it is the counterpart :P!!

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Spoiler:

What the hell?
    ekaf

EDIT: Yeah, yeah, I already knew it is fake.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2010
    ^^above^^

is already proven false, although i would LOVE to see that happen. also a quilfish evo!

And with aoroarks master of illusions thing, maybe its a new move?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2010
    i could see a quilfish evo thats like a garydos like thing, except it could have toxic since its poison, toxic spikes, and pretty much beast in the metagame.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Wow, dude O_o
    Honestly, I had the same felling xD
    I was going to write 95...idk why I`ve written 90.

Btw, you made this sprite by yourself? It`s impressive!

And yeah...I have some type ideas for the 5th gen :
    Psycho/Dark (yeah, only Bug attacks can pwn this poke - 4x damage...why doesn`t Unown has this type? xD I t would fit cause it lives in the dark)
    Water/Dark (don`t like this so much) Sharpedo? Crawdaunt?
    Dragon/Steel (yeah, that type would be cool ^^)
    Bug/Electric (I had a dream 3 years ago...and I saw a 5th gen pokemon with this type)
    ...I can`t imagine a 5th type combination xD

Ooops! Forgot about that xD
    I would also add 80-85 HP.

I assume you say excluding legendaries since Dialga is Dragon/Steel. And see bolded ^

Bug/Electric for sure!! Add Bug/Fire to that too. Bug's need some fire power!!

Also Dragon/Ice!! =D

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
  • yeah. bugs need work. scizor and heracross are the only decent ones.

Bugs are supposed to be weak, the types are unbalanced on purpose. Look at the dragon type, little to no weakness other than ice. Super strong attacks and great abilities. Bugs suck balls. Not that I hate them, but only 2 out of like 70 bugs are in OU, most are NU.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2010
    Bugs are supposed to be weak, the types are unbalanced on purpose. Look at the dragon type, little to no weakness other than ice. Super strong attacks and great abilities. Bugs suck balls. Not that I hate them, but only 2 out of like 70 bugs are in OU, most are NU.

Yeah but itd be cool to see bugs get a little bit more power. but like you said, they are supposed to be unbalanced. i dont mean like a bug legendary, but a few more average in OU is doable

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    If I could have my choices I would pick EVO of Jynx...Plus many of the Pokemon people here made I liked like the Pumpkin Pokemon...including the ones people made here

EDIT: Oh and Ditto evo thats good for battles xD all pokemon that are UU to evo into a OU guy so its all balanced and no one can expect any guys...

I don't know if anyone seen the new Gen V Pokemon they announced on the 10th of Feb this year but here it is...

Zorua
    Zoroark

Zoroark was revealed in silhouette form see here: Zoroark Silhouette

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I don't know if anyone seen the new Gen V Pokemon they announced on the 10th of Feb this year but here it is...

._.()

Everyone's seen them. Among the places it's already been seen:
    YouTube, TvTropes, Serebii, DeviantArt, *chans One through Six Billion, this very site, and everywhere else that updates. Probably Wikipedia, too.
    But thanks for being thoughtful. (b'')b

All types are not created equal, though I'd like to see Gen5 even some of them, Bug especially. And, it's Qwilfish, not Quilfish.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
  • ._.()

Everyone's seen them. Among the places it's already been seen:
    YouTube, TvTropes, Serebii, DeviantArt, *chans One through Six Billion, this very site, and everywhere else that updates. Probably Wikipedia, too.
    But thanks for being thoughtful. (b'')b

All types are not created equal, though I'd like to see Gen5 even some of them, Bug especially. And, it's Qwilfish, not Quilfish.

Nintendo likes the bugs weak, hell, I LIKE using NU bugs. It's more unique. They did however buff bugs to the "hold their own... sorta" level. Bug Buzz being a big step forward. In gen 1 bugs were NEEEEUUYR. Never ever ever ever ever used unless you're retarded. Their stats not only sucked, but they had just twin needle, string shot and some other worthless move.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Nintendo likes the bugs weak, hell, I LIKE using NU bugs. It's more unique. They did however buff bugs to the "hold their own... sorta" level. Bug Buzz being a big step forward. In gen 1 bugs were NEEEEUUYR. Never ever ever ever ever used unless you're retarded. Their stats not only sucked, but they had just twin needle, string shot and some other worthless move.

Obviously you never realized how much Alakazam ass a Parasect could kick in GenI.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back