• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Oh and an optional starting point in the game! so u can take ur own routes and choose which gymleaders to vers, and the depending on how many badges u've got will change the levels of the next gym leader.

I really like this idea. I've always wondered why the main character always starts in some small town and it's never a big city like Goldenrod. I guess the gym leader order (in terms of levels) would change depending on where you start. That would make it more unique and not just the same story each time.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Years
  • can't see it :(
    BUT i had a new idea- they should bring back DIVE!... seriously, am i the only one who wants that? that'd be AWESOME!... CAPITAL LETTERS SHOW EMPHASIS ON WORDS YAY!

Then you my friend have a lack of imagination. It's perfect. It could be the "evil" legendary everyone has been asking for. This thing is about 2 feet long and eats whales (usually dead but still whales.) It looks just like a bug but it lives at the bottom of the ocean.............IDEA! It could be located at the very bottom of the ocean and to get to it you have to use dive, but dive could be updated and instead of just going from the surface down a little bit what if there were multiple layers of water. You dive down but you are not very far down then there is another area where you can dive deeper and then deeper etc. maybe like 3-4 times and then you can fight that guy.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I just got to say that there is no way the first two games of 5th gen will be on 3DS due to the 3DS not coming out this year.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • Then you my friend have a lack of imagination. It's perfect. It could be the "evil" legendary everyone has been asking for. This thing is about 2 feet long and eats whales (usually dead but still whales.) It looks just like a bug but it lives at the bottom of the ocean.............IDEA! It could be located at the very bottom of the ocean and to get to it you have to use dive, but dive could be updated and instead of just going from the surface down a little bit what if there were multiple layers of water. You dive down but you are not very far down then there is another area where you can dive deeper and then deeper etc. maybe like 3-4 times and then you can fight that guy.
    i like the differant layers of dive idea. it would mean more areas to explore which is something i enjoy alot in pokemon games.
    oh! mayb a selection of difficulties. SS was waaay too easy.
    they need to see that although pokemon is for all ages, the people who respect the company most are the oldies who've been playing for over 10 years.
    they shouldnt keep it to the level of a 10 year old.
    What would be nice is brick break could be used in the overworld. Like theres a building thats been closed off but u can get in by breaking a brick wall on the side or something. It would mean that you could explore more urban areas.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Then you my friend have a lack of imagination. It's perfect. It could be the "evil" legendary everyone has been asking for. This thing is about 2 feet long and eats whales (usually dead but still whales.) It looks just like a bug but it lives at the bottom of the ocean.............IDEA! It could be located at the very bottom of the ocean and to get to it you have to use dive, but dive could be updated and instead of just going from the surface down a little bit what if there were multiple layers of water. You dive down but you are not very far down then there is another area where you can dive deeper and then deeper etc. maybe like 3-4 times and then you can fight that guy.

no, i mean i literally can't see it- the link is broken

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, I was going to say the exact same thing... Im really curious about it too.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I like the idea of bringing back deep-dea diving, but I don't want it as a HM. Just give the player a "Scuba Kit" Key Item instead.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • Could anyone see this thing being a Bug/Water type legendary pokemon. I personally think it would be amazing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yahooeditor*****s/galleries/72157623618461809

Water/bug type doesn't work out too well especially for a legendary because in Japanese it means something sort of disgusting and now Surskit's made fun of.
    Bug/Water might work though.

Apparently some announcements were made on the pokemon episode today about some announcement two weeks later. Hopefully, it's the 5th gen but I doubt it.

Years
  • I think they took Dive out is these reasons:

Frame was different. Hoenn 60px, Sinnoh & Johto 30px.

Not enough water. Think about it, Hoenn is 50% WATER, whereas everywhere else is....well....80% Land.

But hey, this is 5th Gen, so they could put Dive back...

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I'd enjoy Dive =3 Perhpas have a city located in an underwater cave with a Water-Type gym? (No, not Sootopolis! I mean literally underwater city in a cave.)

What about a Dark/Electric-Type Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2012
    i would like to see you play as an adult instead of a kid, brings a new veiw to the game and obviously new features, like driving a car (epic transport) or even a motorbike. i mean, you can store a bike in your backpack why not a motorbike XD

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I want a Pokemon game on PSP or Xbox!(lol JK)
    What I really want:
    - Same graphcs as HG/SS (maybe a ittle bit upgrated as they did w/ DP to Plat and Plat to HG/SS
    - Obviously a R/S Remake BUT KEEP MAY SHE WAS TE BEST GIRL IN POKEMON EVER!!
    - Return of dive (why not? I mean they are gonna remake R/S anyways)
    - The new gen to be on DS
    - no new attacks (they don't need them)
    - Comatible w/ DP PT HGSS (Maybe a Time machine like in GS?)
    - More mature not so "Happy" Anime sure I don't care about the anime anymore but games NO. I am sick of EVERYONE (Exept evil teams) so Happy
    - NO MORE PRETENDING TO STEAL POKEMON!! I don't want the crappy Team rocket theme back if they do actually steal your pokemon so you can battle to win back
    - have a LIGHT and Darkness thee (Like yugioh)
    Create your own character (I wanna be black!!)

Last edited:

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Oops. It is broken. well here are some of the pictures then.

oh yeah i saw those on the news- i don't know about legendary, but it would be cool as a water poke :D

ok i'm just gonna see if we can start a discussion on an old idea-
    I want the games to feel more personal. I go through the story knowing that I look like and am basically going through the same steps as everyone else in the world and I think that if Pokemon could eliminate that feeling, they would be the ultimate games. Skin tone and clothing please!

i would like to see this idea implemented- i mean i hate playing as Lucas/Dawn/Gold/Kriss/Lyra/billy-bob joe banana
    i wish it would be more of a personal experience- let us choose at least the skin color and hair- i know it would be hard because there is only one set sprite for each character, but still

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back