• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I can see what you are getting at. If they do include an evil team I hope that they really spice things up. Betrayel, family, money, secret stuff etc. I dont want them to be pushovers like the previous teams, although I do think that Team Galatic was a step up from Team Rocket. I highly believe that GF can go way above Team Galatic (without overdoing it).
    Yes! All they need to do is spice things up with them and not look to dominate the earth for me, and I'll be content with the use of an evil organization.

OscarGrouch

The Worst of the Best
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Here is what I want this game's story to live up to. XD Though it's a long shot...

There is no evil group, only evil Pokemon. When you first start, everything is like a normal Pokemon game. But as you travel, you see news of disasters, and Pokemon going insane, attacking people. Two Pokemon (A "light and "dark" Pokemon) Are feuding between worlds, a "light side" and "dark side". You as the protagonist must travel between the two worlds and calm the two. But on the other side, there is another you, who is an opposite. You are your own rival. The Pokemon in each side are different, as are the trainers, but the areas remains the same. This give the game longevity, as you have two different areas to fight within the one region. This could be why the first town is so bright, but the city is dark. They are on different sides of the spectrum.

I'm just rambling off of the top of my head, but this is my almost ideal Pokemon plot line.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Here is what I want this game's story to live up to. XD Though it's a long shot...

There is no evil group, only evil Pokemon. When you first start, everything is like a normal Pokemon game. But as you travel, you see news of disasters, and Pokemon going insane, attacking people. Two Pokemon (A "light and "dark" Pokemon) Are feuding between worlds, a "light side" and "dark side". You as the protagonist must travel between the two worlds and calm the two. But on the other side, there is another you, who is an opposite. You are your own rival. The Pokemon in each side are different, as are the trainers, but the areas remains the same. This give the game longevity, as you have two different areas to fight within the one region. This could be why the first town is so bright, but the city is dark. They are on different sides of the spectrum.

I'm just rambling off of the top of my head, but this is my almost ideal Pokemon plot line.
    Now that's something I'd pay for.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    To be honest what Team Rocket did in G/S actually freaked me out when I was younger, I was 7 or something like that, but the radio message actually scared me, the rest haven't been so believable, R/B was probably due to the Anime and I thought Team Rocket were essentially the same as the anime but the others, and this may be with age, are not scary and always involve the legendary on the box, except R/B/Y which you know you just catch and avert.

But then you look at other JRPG's Final Fantasy comes to mind and it hasn't always been an evil team, FFX was a being, an entity, FFXIII
    Spoiler:

I think even if they kept an evil team if they look at FF's evil doers it would be a lot more darker (good/bad) but more enjoyable

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I feel there's going to be more walking involved in this game. What I mean by this though, is that they've expanded the size of the areas. For instance, when you look at the first town with the male protagonist, his house - or what seems to be his house, is very spaced from the next house in the lower left hand corner. So it seems as though things are going to be spaced out a bit more. [IMG link]

In this picture here, I get a better glimpse of the city view. It looks very large, and well rounded to the sides. As for the cold, dark feeling I say it either shows a symbolic meaning or it just gives the impression of a farther distance when walking deeper into the city. If that makes any sense at all. >_>;

About the starters, Grass, Fire, and Water is tradition. I highly doubt that would be changed at all. If anything, their sub-types would get a difference. Something that was being thought of for awhile now was Fire/Fighting, Water/Psychic, and Grass/Dark. It still balances the type and I think in the generation it is even more possible to happen. That's just what I think though.

For Evil Villains, I'm hoping, literally hoping, that there is no evil oraganization going about the same plots as every other generation before. Obviously a need for some plot will be put in, but there are so many different plot ideas that can run through a game, sticking to just evil villains alone is just getting plain. So, I think something should be changed up. If this generation is going back to basics, just with a more modern feel, then I say they should change it up a bit. Make the game feel more enjoyable than those before it and change things up a bit. That's all I want out of this generation. I want to be able to have fun in the Pokémon world, but not repeat everything I've done before.

Years
  • Here is what I want this game's story to live up to. XD Though it's a long shot...

Yes, we don't need an evil team. Two legends could be feuding like you said, and this could make a lot of Pokemon violent, You're goal would be to calm the Pokemon down and end the feuding between the legends. Instead of fighting villainous trainers, you could be facing off against some strong wild Pokemon that function the same way.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I think it would be really cool if moves such as Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Hail were field moves. Then, if you used one, you would change the weather. That would be epic. XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think even if they kept an evil team if they look at FF's evil doers it would be a lot more darker (good/bad) but more enjoyable
    A darker game is essentially what I'm hoping for. And judging from the name of the games and what could be the reason for such dark scans, I'm hoping that that's what they're shooting for. If they do use an evil organization, I wouldn't want them to be any kind of pushover like Team Rocket was. I'm just tired of these cliche plots where an evil team is looking to exploit Pokémon for their personal gain. Be it to dominate the world or to change it somehow using the Pokémon they've stolen or plan to steal because that's typically what the handheld games have been. If they find a way to bring platform game plots and use them in this generation, that's something I'd be very excited to see because it's not the different from the typical gaming experience these games have given us.

Another twist would be the players being evil. Now that's something I'd definitely buy.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Okay, I just saw the scans ! Awesome !!

Soo, it seems I was right : That city is DOMINATING, we get vehicles ( Mew Truck -__- ) and the Pokemon Centre is all updated, with the Mart in the Center . Convenient, loll !!
    The battle scene also seems cool . Notice it has a City Background ! ^^ City Battles !!
    What I hope for is camera controlling . With LR/Touchscreen . But I hope for the TouchScreen as my DSi's L and R are broken !

What do you think about the Camera Control idea ? ^^

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I think it would be really cool if moves such as Sunny Day, Rain Dance, and Hail were field moves. Then, if you used one, you would change the weather. That would be epic. XD
    Yes, yes, and yes. 100% yes. I want the weather effects to actually affect the area you are in.

For example you use leafblade or cut in battle, and when the battle is over there are broken branches, scratches on trees, and the grass is cut (hope they bring grass cutting back). Another example is that you use ice beam or any other special ice move in battle, and when the battle is over they show that some of your surroundings have been frozen. Once you leave the area (or building) and come back, it will revert back to its normal state.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • The fight scene picture looks interesting... I wonder what advanced technology might be used...

The towns look... a bit empty? Everything is pretty empy...

I guess it realistic, plus they might always add things afterwards, but still...

This might turn out pretty cool! And atleast the players look a bit like teens!We might be playing as teens! -cheers-

Yes, yes, and yes. 100% yes. I want the weather effects to actually affect the area you are in.

For example you use leafblade or cut in battle, and when the battle is over there are broken branches, scratches on trees, and the grass is cut (hope they bring grass cutting back). Another example is that you use ice beam or any other special ice move in battle, and when the battle is over they show that some of your surroundings have been frozen. Once you leave the area (or building) and come back, it will revert back to its normal state.
    That'd be cool, but... Highly unlikeable. If it was a long battle, and you used like twenty different moves? Chaos. :P

Last edited:

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • To be honest I think the new layout is kinda, well bad in my opinion just doesn't seem to fit pokemon too well, but that's just me I may change my mind as soon as I see some more, but right now I'm still skeptical on the whole new 3D thing.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Yes, we don't need an evil team. Two legends could be feuding like you said, and this could make a lot of Pokemon violent, You're goal would be to calm the Pokemon down and end the feuding between the legends. Instead of fighting villainous trainers, you could be facing off against some strong wild Pokemon that function the same way.

Evil teams are getting old. If there was any actual communication between regions, then action would be taken for no evil teams to form. (Yes, Pokemon isn't real, but it's common sense, imo). Therefore, I think we should move on. I really like the parallel universe/reflection idea. Sounds rather cool.

Moreover, I think some older pokemon, from past generations should be revamped almost, and more in the storyline. I feel that pokemon which look amazing aesthetically have been underused, such as Froslass and Milotic. I think having older Pokemon being major parts in the storyline alongside the new Pocket Monsters would be awesome, and not as many Pokemon would be wasted.

Plus, there should also be either one/two legendaries in the game, as there are FAR to many right now. Or, older, unused legendaries could be used. Such as Cresselia and even Darkrai, a legendary who I believe wasn't used to their full potential.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Yes, yes, and yes. 100% yes. I want the weather effects to actually affect the area you are in.

We'd destroy poor champion's room !

From Hiiro's and other people's opinions about pics, it seems we're getting a huge region !! *cheers and confetti !* But ... Japan is most definetly ... full ... so they're probalby trying to enlighten people with putting more space in ?
    Also, how's this gonna fit on a poor little cartridge ? o_o
    And how about an accesorry return (aka Pokewalker) . I'm sure that it will be so, with more anti-rom fighting ! ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I feel there's going to be more walking involved in this game. What I mean by this though, is that they've expanded the size of the areas. For instance, when you look at the first town with the male protagonist, his house - or what seems to be his house, is very spaced from the next house in the lower left hand corner. So it seems as though things are going to be spaced out a bit more. [IMG link]
    As much as I doubt what I'm about to say, I really hope that that isn't the starting town. It looks like a fusion between every other town we've had so far. Above all, it looks like it's going to be a small town compared to others, and I would have really liked the starting town to be a town that's more so of a city than everything. Especially after seeing other scans. :(

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Another twist would be the players being evil. Now that's something I'd definitely buy.

Smells a bit like Darklord, but I like it.

As for plot, don't interpret Black/White as Light/Dark quite yet.

Cyrus needs something to redeem him from the apparent clichèd and predictable story he was in. Perhaps he's given up on deceiving a cult he created into rebuilding the universe, and removing the essence of a being's soul from existence, having moved on to something more serious. =/
    Seriously though, Cyrus coming back would be awesome. Perhaps not as a main villain, but definitely some malevolent force backing whatever is happening in-game. I think feuding Legends would work, but we need something else, otherwise where's the trainers? people catching on to what's happening, taking advantage of it... something like that. It may have something to it.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    As much as I doubt what I'm about to say, I really hope that that isn't the starting town. It looks like a fusion between every other town we've had so far. Above all, it looks like it's going to be a small town compared to others, and I would have really liked the starting town to be a town that's more so of a city than everything. Especially after seeing other scans. :(

well i actually really like what i see int he starter town (and is it just me, or can you see the bottom of a lab top-left?) and i'm sure if they are going the "realistic" route, there are more buildings and it's a lot bigger
    ALSO i hope that this has almost nothing to do with the other games except for maybe a few hints at an R/S/E remake

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Agreed on the starter thingy.

Maybe you even live in a forest or a route? D:

That could actually be something... Maybe... You father is attacked by a wild Pokémon, and you save him, or something?

WHat's your thoughts?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • well i actually really like what i see int he starter town (and is it just me, or can you see the bottom of a lab top-left?) and i'm sure if they are going the "realistic" route, there are more buildings and it's a lot bigger

Exactly what I wanted to say ! ^^
    It's all more realistic ! Look in the city scan . Can you see a yellow sign with Japanese wiriting on it ? A commercial ? Maybe !
    Also, those cars and the bridge and all ... REALISTIC, people .
    And the starter town is fine . Like all before, repetitive, OK, but I like the small town design .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back