• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
  • The hugh resolution pictures aren't too bad. I do agree with whoever said that the Zorua sprite looks ugly - it really does and I hope it is just a beta sprite. Otherwise, nicer screens - I'm still wondering what that car is for. XD

1.The screens are distorted and stretched so that's obs not what the actual screen'll look like on the actual DS
    2.That's a Truck pulling a trailer, not a car.
    3.Discussion about current info goes into the other thread.

now, onto more speculation.
    I think, our chances of this being a region far from the rest is now more plausible, and the possibility of an underwater city or an underground city, more likely, especially seeing as the city slightly reminds me of Gateon port so this might be a Colosseum/XD ref we could be getting.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010

1.The screens are distorted and stretched so that's obs not what the actual screen'll look like on the actual DS

I think, our chances of this being a region far from the rest is now more plausible, and the possibility of an underwater city or an underground city, more likely, especially seeing as the city slightly reminds me of Gateon port so this might be a Colosseum/XD ref we could be getting.
    not many people have enough courage to actually minimod a moderator. thats like asking a moderator to join your forum and expecting to get away with it. also they said

I'm still wondering what that car is for. XD

that is speculating.

anyways the cars, excuse me, trucks (like it matters..) probably have no purpose. maybe one or two events in the game use one but nothing for main game play. they are just there to make it more realistic.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

He made both threads... stop being so arrogant dude.

Anyway, Serebii says that the Raikou, Entei, and Suicune events will unlock something in Black and White... what if you have to have one of them for Zorua to evolve?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010

He made both threads... stop being so arrogant dude.

Anyway, Serebii says that the Raikou, Entei, and Suicune events will unlock something in Black and White... what if you have to have one of them for Zorua to evolve?
    serebii said it might. the official site said it will unlock something and did not specify in which game. serebii is assuming it will in bw because he doesnt know if there is anything left in hgss

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    HGSS has been searched through up and down. There is nothing left. It could only be for Black and White.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Well, this is my first comment on the games since hearing the great news, so...

I'm really excited for these ones (despite the fact I'm still stuck in Generation III...). Oddly enough, I first found out the news on the Spriters Resource website, and instantly checked back on Bulbapedia's Bulbanews. The editor said that "Black and White were announced", and I knew that could only be referring to Pokemon (since Pokemon's the only thing these days that comes in 2 distinct versions these days)... :)

It's nice that the back sprites are getting improved... I was hoping that these games would feature the 'action' that Junichi Masuda said he'd like to see implemented in the games a few months ago, but it appears that we will still be getting the turn-based variant. Unless I am somehow proved wrong, which, in this case, would be awesome!

Still a glimmer of hope for Light-types, though...

As for the naming, I was really hoping for the names Garnet and Jade in order to be a throwback to the original Red and Green, similar to how Ruby and Sapphire evoke similar colors to the original stateside-released Red and Blue. Maybe next generation (and more jewel names in the future). I'm really glad that Black and White (abbreviated weirdly with initials BW) evoke thoughts of a grayscale screen, which is essentially the roots of gaming all the way back to the original monochrome screen of the Game Boy. Seems fitting for a franchise rebirth.

I'm going to hold out for the 'third version' of BW, and if it's not titled by the easily-predictable name of Pokemon Gray, we're going to have a problem here!

The logos actually look pretty awesome; despite a minor quirk I have with the faint 'grid lines', they seem like fresh designs (although I think the Black Version logo mimics a logo for a story I made before the reveal of BW). Hopefully, the English logos look just as awesome (retaining the white thick font introduced with RSE, and with the actual Pokemon logo being in stylized black-and-white, not the traditional blue-and-yellow.) I'm interested to see 'Gray Version's' logo, though.

The car mention seems sort of out-of-place if it replaces the bike, but it could be an interesting feature to see...

Here's to awesome Gen 5 games! :D

EDIT: I will lol if I hear anyone playing either MJ's or Katy Perry's Black or White during release day. That'd be cool, as they are 2 of the few songs that actually 'reference' a color scheme in Pokemon versions.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

• 1.The screens are distorted and stretched so that's obs not what the actual screen'll look like on the actual DS

1. You'll find that you're wrong. Firstly, the screen isn't distorted on stretched at all. If you look at the size of the screenshot, it resembles the actual size of a DS screen. This shows that it's highly likely a ripped screenshot from the DS itself of a close picture taken by a professional. Either way, it's not distorted or stretched and that it how it will look on a DS (granted, the graphics may change)

2. Pardon me for the way I say things. I mostly point out most automobiles as "cars" and I don't think it's a huge end of the world situation that I called a truck a car.

3. Oh, I'm sorry if you currently know every single information about the truck. If you do, please post it in the other thread so we can discuss it. Otherwise, we know nothing about the picture, so it still counts as speculation. Oh, and I did say "I wonder what" which is normally a basis for speculation.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021

I loled at this post, awaiting the eventual and inevitable @$$ kicking.
    And then I saw ^ post, and it exceeded my expectations. XD

I really can't wait for these games...although I actually wish that I didn't know about them yet...I'm gonna spend the next months searching the whole internet after every little piece of information, and therefore spoiling the game for me. XD

I wonder what they'll reveal on Sunday...hope it's not the starters...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I just hope that Game Freak keeps most of the new Gen V Pokemon under wraps for as long as possible, since so many of us gamers are prone to incessantly searching for new information and ruin the 'new-world' experience we coveted from our original Pokemon gaming experience. I mean, I'm not even in Gen IV yet, and I know all of it's info nearly as much as I know the in-depth info of Gen III...

Mason69

Sleeping...
    Years
  • I just hope that Game Freak keeps most of the new Gen V Pokemon under wraps for as long as possible, since so many of us gamers are prone to incessantly searching for new information and ruin the 'new-world' experience we coveted from our original Pokemon gaming experience. I mean, I'm not even in Gen IV yet, and I know all of it's info nearly as much as I know the in-depth info of Gen III...

Yeah, I also hope they don't spoil with too much info.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    I still hope they won't call the third version Gray... :/ Gimme a Rainbow! xD
    Legendaries: A black one, a white one, and one with lots of colors! Since we already have Ho-oh as a "rainbow bird", I doubt it will be a bird. In fact, I think none of the legendaries will be birds, unless they really want to refer too Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres+Lugia/Ho-oh, but I doubt that.

So we've had birds, dogs/cat's (whatever, you what I mean), and dragon-like creatures (or what are Groundon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina?)... What's left? Legendary fish? xD

(Sorry if I spelled some of the names wrong...)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I was just trying to be a little helpful, not arrogant. I misread ok, no need to go ape on me. I won't act like that again, sorry. (I just have trouble understanding the way some people speak.) I don't like arguments and stuff carrying on for too long.
    now, please ,letting bygones be bygones.
    back to some discussion stuffz.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • How about a Pokemon that is both Black and White?????lol michael jackson pokemon version

Nah, I doubt it would work. But they could always put some legendary horses in. xD

Mason69

Sleeping...
    Years
  • How about a Pokemon that is both Black and White?????lol michael jackson pokemon version

Nah, I doubt it would work. But they could always put some legendary horses in. xD

This would be awesome:
    ht*p://prinny-dood.deviantart.com/art/Fake-Pokemon-Vanlin-54580059

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    Liked this one too
    Spoiler:

Couldn't find any good black horses fakemon...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I was just trying to be a little helpful, not arrogant. I misread ok, no need to go ape on me. I won't act like that again, sorry. (I just have trouble understanding the way some people speak.) I don't like arguments and stuff carrying on for too long.
    now, please ,letting bygones be bygones.
    back to some discussion stuffz.
    No problems. I didn't go ape, by the way, I was more stating the facts.

Oh, and do you guys think that the 3D suits a handheld console like the DS? Or more of a Nintendo Wii style game? Personally, I would prefer it on the Wii but I guess Pokemon is all about the portability.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I say 3D suits the DS, the homeconsoles can't have all the fun with 3D, besides, as I've stated many times before, 3D terrain + Sprites = awesome.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • Been looking at the clearer screenshots and I'm no closer to figuring out what sort of hat the boy is wearing. The bridge picture kinda makes it look like a baseball cap (it looks like there's a 'hole' in the back), but I don't know. It'd be weird if both the boy and girl wore the same type of hat.

Speaking of the bridge pic, I say it's a footbridge. The red guy on the motorbike aside, it's just way too narrow for a Cycling Road.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back