• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Good Old Days? Or The 'Orrible Original Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Then I won't!
    I wanna get the Original series on DVD!
    I reckon it would be so fun to watch them again after so many years..

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I will have to go with the new season. The reason being is that Pokemon back in the old days was just dull sure it was good at the start but that was all in the past and Sinnoh has introduced some fair cool new Pokemon (RHYPERIOR RAW)..I do however love Johto as that was when Tyranitar was released into the Anime and i love Tyranitar. Sinnoh has a lot better Pokemon although i HATE bidoofs guts. The Sinnoh plot is the same as usual but i love the increase. They added 100+ Pokemon and some cool new legendaries and come on we would ALL like to have a Darkrai at our disposal. Kanto only really released 4 Legendarys and only 3 were obtainable legit. They are Mew2 Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno. So Sinnoh owns Kanto.

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    YES! And as I said before, Pokemon has really gone downhill(sorry to flab about it, but I really need to stress this and get it off my chest).
    The episode plots themselves are really flabby, and lack basic constuction. Not to mention those Team Rockets interrupting the show in every single episode in the book when it is most inconvenient, which makes a already **** series even more ****. I'd rather see them fly a plane into the Empire State Building than watch another Pokemon theft attempt! I used to root for these guys. I'm not saying I hate Pokemon. I grew up with it as a kid, and I loved it. But whoever crafted these new episodes is just braindead stupid. They make it like it's a spinoff of Nick Jr. It's because it sucks, it sucks because it's poor, and it's poor because the people who wrote it suck at writing cartoons for middle school students and should just STOP IT. I mean it! Satoshi Tajiri, if you or any of friends read this, you have just screwed up. Pokemon has just crossed a very thick line between watchable and unwatchable and likeable and unlikeable. I can't even watch it anymore because of how it is! Thank you for reading my rant.

Yep saying **** constantly in your argument sure makes you the shiny beacon of intelligence, doessn't it.

Maybe in your beloved original series they did tha(and Advanced to some cases), but in Sinnoh they cut down on them interrupting battles a lot.

And let me ask you something, if you think the writers are soooo stupid, than why don't you go and write for Pokemon then? You can make it less ****if it even was), and then if you make a mistake, people will know who you are and they can start flaming you!!! How fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    I strongly suggest that everyone here starts to revert back to regular language usage because else I don't really see a point in this topic to continue.

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    I enjoy the original series more than the newer seasons because it was simply...original. With the current episodes, some factors of the show are getting too repetitive. Also, the original series reminds me of the great times of my childhood, which happens to be when the show was popular. Everytime I watch episodes from the first season, certain memories come back to me. It's an awesome feeling. ^_^

Years
    The original, because of nostalgia, the voices, and also because I found those episodes to be funnier than the new ones. I watched Diamond and Pearl for the first time in a long time a few days ago and I couldn't get through it because of those VOICES (Ash and Brock specifically). They were so incredibly terrible, it just didn't sound like the actors were trying. Like nails to a chalkboard, really. The least they could do would be to TRY to imitate the older voices.

Guest123_x1

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv]Seems to me the first couple of seasons were the best. (this isn't saying much since I stopped watching in the middle of Hoenn).

Once they got to Johto, then things looked like they kept on longer and longer...[/font]

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    Good Ol' Days.... The original is SO much better, for the nostalgia, for the original voices and for Misty. I don't know about you, but here in Finland they changed the voice actor for James already in Johto, and now there isn't a single one of the old voices left. And I think that during the original series I was still small enough to really think it was good...

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    The original, the episodes were funnier back then. I owned pretty much every video of the first series too.

pinksyllibus

a lunar antidote
    Years
    Kanto was DEFINATELY the best for me. The start of the Hoenn episodes really ruined the anime for me. 'Guess I'm just an old nostalgic :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    For be, it's Kanto-Johto hands down. Ash was just learning about the way of being a Pokemon Trainer back then, which make is much more amusing. Some of the quotes from back then were amazing. Also, Pikachu didn't always listen to Ash and wasn't as determined as him back then, which added to the comedy. Not to mention some of the conversations that Brock, Misty, and Ash had were just amazing.

Ash also had a CHANCE to become a Pokemon master back then, but failed to do so before 400+ more pokemon showed up. :P

I dunnow... maybe I'm just scared to watch the new episodes because of the voice changes in the dub. IMO, they aren't very good... VERONICA TAYLOR! COME BACK TO US! >___> Yes I know the reason why they had to change VA's, but it's always nice to dream and such, right~?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back