• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Good Old Days? Or The 'Orrible Original Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I don't know what to prefer.

In the original series, Misty was a royal pain(and that's not harsh enough to describle her), Pikachu was too reliable, and pretty much everyone (Misty, Brock, Sabrina, Erika, Oak, Delia, etc.) came down way too hard on Ash. Plus Gary was a jerk and Ash could never beat the crap out of him when he needed to. And whenever some pokemon come out of nowhere, it gets our hopes up that one of them will catch it, but it already belongs to a trainer who doesn't know how to keep track of his/her pokemon. How many times has this happened.

Todays series is still irritating, but not as much as Hoenn. May was too emotional. Max is a real pain who does hardly anything, Brock's Ludicolo was annoying, and Harley irritated the life out of me.

Today, they STILL pick on Team Rocket and don't cut them any slack, the villains aren't dark, sadistic, and cynical enough, and Ash's group always whine and preach too much when a real or decenty-evil villain comes into the picture. Also there's the the matter of ear-pulling and Poison Jab-ing that needs to end. And they play with their pokemon way too much.

And overall, the pokemon rely WAY too much on their trainers in battle. If I was a pokemon trainer, I'd train my pokemon to fight on its own but still maintain some loyalty towards me. The only Pokemon that fight without orders are Pikachu(occasionaly), Meowth, and Lucario(movie). And worst of all, Ash ALWAYS loses a Pokemon League, just as May (and possibly Dawn) loses the Grand Festival.

Their pokemon have too many strange personalities, excluding Pikachu, Ambipom, & Staravia:

Turtwig - Loooooooooves tackling
    Buizel - Stubborn
    Chimchar - Hurting (Paul's fault)
    Gligar -Twitchy

Piplup - Brat/Leader wanabee
    Buneary - Flirt
    Pachirisu - Crazy

Sudowoodo - ???
    Croagunk - Lost/Keeps hitting Brock
    Happiny - No strength control

James's Grass types - Always clinging on him at the worst

I realize that ....you know what, I can't say it. This has gone on long enough. This should be an anime solely based on cheap comedy and the appeal of young kids. It should appeal to the teen too (like Naruto). The Pokemon are just too cool-looking(excluding some of the Sinnoh evo's) too be for just for kids

I needed to get all of this off my chest.......

Pokemon when I was younger and didn't know the pokemon well seemed so cool. And I'm just glad that Misty is gone :)

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Also team rocket is better than their carbon copy called team galactic.

Team Rocket is better?! O_O
    OH...No.. YOU...DIDN'T....

\\
    \\
    Rant mode has been activated//
    //

Okay, first of all, Team Galactic is actually cool. I just love their cool deep voices, seriousness, common sense, and innovation. Team Rocket is just plain annoying filler villians. They appear in almost every episode, sometimes during a crucial part in the storyline, right when the show has dragged you into the plot and you are actually interested, and ruin it. Seriously. These fools have been defeated thousands of times, many times seriously injured, and they never have once said, "You know what, maybe we should quit. Maybe we should give up." No. They have the balls(though technically, Jessie doesn't have any since she's a girl. ;P) to come back every single episode, say their dumb little poem, interrupt the story, get their behinds ripped off and handed to them, and then get thrown out like the useless trash they are. And the new voice acting only makes it even worse. The only reason we still have them is because the new storylines are not thick enough to fill an entire episode. Without this in place, I seriously think Team Rocket would be gone by now. And their plans nowadays are actually less intricate and less complicated than back then. They have actually grown more dumb and annoying than back then. And I just don't think that these kinds of villians are good for these long-range seasons. And that's all I have to say.

\\Rant mode has been deactivated//
    God, I wanted to do that rant for so long.

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009

\\
    \\
    //

Okay, first of all, Team Galactic is actually cool. I just love their cool deep voices, seriousness, common sense, and innovation. Team Rocket is just plain annoying filler villians. They appear in almost every episode, sometimes during a crucial part in the storyline, right when the show has dragged you into the plot and you are actually interested, and ruin it. Seriously. These fools have been defeated thousands of times, many times seriously injured, and they never have once said, "You know what, maybe we should quit. Maybe we should give up." No. They have the balls(though technically, Jessie doesn't have any since she's a girl. ;P) to come back every single episode, say their dumb little poem, interrupt the story, get their behinds ripped off and handed to them, and then get thrown out like the useless trash they are. And the new voice acting only makes it even worse. The only reason we still have them is because the new storylines are not thick enough to fill an entire episode. Without this in place, I seriously think Team Rocket would be gone by now. And their plans nowadays are actually less intricate and less complicated than back then. They have actually grown more dumb and annoying than back then. And I just don't think that these kinds of villians are good for these long-range seasons. And that's all I have to say.

They ruin the show? heh heh, for most people they make the show. I don't know about you, but without them, I wouldn't be watching at all because the rest of the characters are too cookie-cutter for my taste. DP it is much less evident though.

Yeah, TR has only been defeated around 500 ish times. Get your episode count rightl.

It's called a motto, not a poem.

Thrown out, it's called blasting off. You act as though they 'interrupt' the story every single episode when in fact they don't. Perhaps, you should watch your precious original series to know that they do the exact same thing there too

Interrupt the show? So you'd rather have the protagionists rant about how good and mighty the world is. In most stories(including Pokemon) there is SUPPOSED to be an antagionist in order to shake things up a littl bit. Seriously now, do you not know your plot elements?

You people really need to stop being so close-minded.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    hmmm.. lets see.. the first season started in '98 i think and that means i was 2 years old so i havent been around 4 the kanto an orange islands cause im 2 young
    but i have the first season box set and i can say it rocked!! but sinnoh is good also
    = BRING VERONICA TAYLOR BACK ASH SOUNDS WEIRD!!=

darkcowboy

Gibbs is EVERYWHERE!
    Years

\\
    \\
    //

I get where you're coming from, but I think he/she meant ALL of Team Rocket as a whole. Like the guys in black uniforms and caps, who cause chaos and mayhem in Johto at the Lake of Rage. I likes TG, especially when I get to kick Cyrus's butt like six times, but you gotta admit, Giovanni and his boys invented evil. Personally I'd like to see a gang war between TG and TR. that would be rockin'. B)

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    They ruin the show? heh heh, for most people they make the show. I don't know about you, but without them, I wouldn't be watching at all because the rest of the characters are too cookie-cutter for my taste. DP it is much less evident though.

Make the show? Most of the time they're on screen, I just throw the covers over my face and mute the TV. That is exactly how embarrasing they've become.

Yeah, TR has only been defeated around 500 ish times. Get your episode count right.
    Yeah, but in most episodes, they blast off more than once. And I also included the movies in the count. It was only a rough estimate.

It's called a motto, not a poem.
    Yeah, I knew that too. But seriously, it has gotten annoying.

Thrown out, it's called blasting off. You act as though they 'interrupt' the story every single episode when in fact they don't. Perhaps, you should watch your precious original series to know that they do the exact same thing there too.
    Yes, except in the originals, Team Rocket's plots were much more intricate and complex. And the episode storylines were much more complex too. And they were a lot more serious too. Now they act way too happy and way too annoying, and way too enthusiastic. Most of the time, they're smiling into the camera. I seriously think all the failure they've encountered has melted their brains.

Interrupt the show? So you'd rather have the protagionists rant about how good and mighty the world is. In most stories(including Pokemon) there is SUPPOSED to be an antagionist in order to shake things up a littl bit. Seriously now, do you not know your plot elements?
    Okay, so we need a villian. Fair enough. But Team Rocket are more of a nuisance than they are threatening. They're like mosquitos. No matter how many times you swat at them, they always return. And they won't go away! I was thinking the show could use a more serious villian. Like Hunter J. Maybe Team Galactic could make more appearances in episodes(just not as involved as Team Rocket). And Ash's rival needs to show up more too. But other than that, if the show takes a more serious approach towards making more complex storylines, the show wouldn't need Team Rocket.

Oh, and I am actually referring to Jessie, James, and Meowth exclusively.

And you know what else, they're way too focused on following Ash. If they were smart, they would go somewhere far away from him and steal Pokemon there, so that he wouldn't, how you say, blast them off(Are you happy? I said it!) But no. People are too attached to Team Rocket to let them dissapear. So this means more enthusiastic creeps in white trying to steal Pokemon and more yellow rats zapping them, causing them to blast off. Seriously, half the time, when they blow up, there isn't anything there that can blow up(either the writers really aren't trying, or the soil in Sinnoh contains a high solution of gunpowder), and the color of the explosions and the angle which they go off in doesn't even make sense in the slightest. I seriously think the writers and producers could put a lot more effort into making this show.

Amplified Ampharos

Christmas Plant
    Years
    I HATE!!! Ash's new voice So much!!!!!!!! And I hate Sinnoh!!! Look at their voices bleh Ash Now:Lets gao finshin Ash Vefore: Come on ! Let's go fishING and Ash always beats the gym or akways beats the trainer I dont get how his Pikechu can beat a Rhydon Pikechu is weak to ground!!!!!! It is so dumb

Deadly Arbok

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Make the show? Most of the time they're on screen, I just throw the covers over my face and mute the TV. That is exactly how embarrasing they've become.

Yep, that's a real mature way of dealing with characters you don't like. I'm surprised you made this far without breaking your mute button or suffocating yourself on those covers.

Yeah, but in most episodes, they blast off more than once. And I also included the movies in the count. It was only a rough estimate.

Fair enough

Yeah, I knew that too. But seriously, it has gotten annoying.

Heh, that's why they change it every so oftern, so that way it won't get so annoying.

Yes, except in the originals, Team Rocket's plots were much more intricate and complex. And the episode storylines were much more complex too. And they were a lot more serious too. Now they act way too happy and way too annoying, and way too enthusiastic. Most of the time, they're smiling into the camera. I seriously think all the failure they've encountered has melted their brains.

More intricate? More complex? Half of the time in the originals it was 'steal Pikachu' 'steal random Pokemon'. Is that so complex? At least in the more recent series, they actually do something more than just steal Pokemon all day.

Acting way too happy. Than I guess you perfer them to be emos or something in which they make death threats every single episode.

Okay, so we need a villian. Fair enough. But Team Rocket are more of a nuisance than they are threatening. They're like mosquitos. No matter how many times you swat at them, they always return. And they won't go away! I was thinking the show could use a more serious villian. Like Hunter J. Maybe Team Galactic could make more appearances in episodes(just not as involved as Team Rocket). And Ash's rival needs to show up more too. But other than that, if the show takes a more serious approach towards making more complex storylines, the show wouldn't need Team Rocket.

You can say the exact thing about Brock too, and Ash, adn Pikachu. In fact you can say that about 99% of the characters om the show. If Hunter J appeared every single episode, I can bet you'd say the exact freaking thing about her too. Face it, this(like any other series) is filled with repetition.

Oh, and I am actually referring to Jessie, James, and Meowth exclusively.

I know

And you know what else, they're way too focused on following Ash. If they were smart, they would go somewhere far away from him and steal Pokemon there, so that he wouldn't, how you say, blast them off(Are you happy? I said it!) But no. People are too attached to Team Rocket to let them dissapear. So this means more enthusiastic creeps in white trying to steal Pokemon and more yellow rats zapping them, causing them to blast off. Seriously, half the time, when they blow up, there isn't anything there that can blow up(either the writers really aren't trying, or the soil in Sinnoh contains a high solution of gunpowder), and the color of the explosions and the angle which they go off in doesn't even make sense in the slightest. I seriously think the writers and producers could put a lot more effort into making this show.

First of all, they do try stealing Pokemon far away from him and you know what? Ash still manages to blast them off so that way the show cdan teach the younger kids 'morals' about not stealing.

And your whole explosion argument is soo irreveleant to this deabte as is physics to anime. Seriously, you just noticed this now????

I seriously think you are looking at this issue too much like a little child who doesn't want change.

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Acting way too happy. Than I guess you perfer them to be emos or something in which they make death threats every single episode.
    No. I meant they could be as serious as they were in the old series. They didn't smile into the camera as much. Think all the back to the second episode. Remember the first impression they made(as well as the impressions in the next dozen episodes) the first time they were on camera. Now compare that to the impressions they made in Sinnoh. They were a lot more serious back then. See what I'm talking about?

Ash still manages to blast them off so that way the show can teach the younger kids 'morals' about not stealing.
    Yes, and you know what else? I seriously think 500 TIMES is enough.

And your whole explosion argument is soo irreveleant to this deabte as is physics to anime. Seriously, you just noticed this now?
    Actually, I noticed this quite a while back, thank you. But I just thought since I was in a thread about the series, that I could put this in.

I seriously think you are looking at this issue too much like a little child who doesn't want change.

Maybe, but there are others older than me who have the exact same opinions.

Deadly Arbok

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    No. I meant they could be as serious as they were in the old series. They didn't smile into the camera as much. Think all the back to the second episode. Remember the first impression they made(as well as the impressions in the next dozen episodes) the first time they were on camera. Now compare that to the impressions they made in Sinnoh. They were a lot more serious back then. See what I'm talking about?

Ah yes, I agree with you on that point. They were more serious in the original series. HOWEVER, you must not forget that that was where the organization reigned supreme. As they moved on to Hoenn and Sinnoh, other organizations have to be more serious than they are in order for them to share the credit. I mean, I guess you can say that's the reason they're soo happy, because if they weren't than the show in particular will be a bit too serious with two main villians hunting the twerps down.

Yes, and you know what else? I seriously think 500 TIMES is enough.

I think so too. I don't like them blasting off and scarcely winning, but hey. Who knows, maybe the writers would change it this time around.

Actually, I noticed this quite a while back, thank you. But I just thought since I was in a thread about the series, that I could put this in.

My mistake then

Maybe, but there are others older than me who have the exact same opinions.

I'm sure they are. Just as there are many people older than me who share my opinions.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I LOVED Johto, Kanto and Orange islands. It was ORIGNIAL, the episodes didn't blend together and it was less corny then it is now..

And did anyone else notice how Team rocket has changed?

The first episode...they were EVIL! but after that.... geez.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I LOVED Johto, Kanto and Orange islands. It was ORIGNIAL, the episodes didn't blend together and it was less corny then it is now..

And did anyone else notice how Team rocket has changed?

The first episode...they were EVIL! but after that.... geez.

Yeah, I noticed, plus I do miss the good ol' days.

Radouti

Better than you
    Years
    I am glad that Team Rocket did not stay cold, calculating villains. They are far better as comical relief. As much as I love James, I would not want to date him if he had stayed the way he was. I much prefer him as a lovable blue haired goofball.

Anyway, I like Kanto and Orange Islands the most. Their episodes are more entertaining and have better comedy than Johto's, AG's, and Diamond & Pearl's. They also have more interesting characters of the day and gym leaders than Johto, AG, and Diamond & Pearl do. Furthermore, both Kanto and Orange Islands have gym battles that are enjoyable to watch.

Johto is quite poor. This is mainly because it has numerous bad filler episodes. All of its gym battles are also boring to watch. However, it does have a few good episodes, so I will give it some credit.

AG is pretty good. I do not like its gym battles and find a few of its episodes boring. However, I do like May and feel that her contest arc brought a nice new flair to the show. Chimecho is also awesome. Long live the almighty opium poppy Pokemon.

Based on what I have seen of Diamond & Pearl, I do not like it. I blame this mostly on the PUSA dub's terrible voice acting and bad dialogue.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    GAAAH! My really long post is no longer here...I am NOT typing that again!

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I much prefer the Indigo League episodes above all, probably because they felt infinitely more novel and felt more like adventure than being watered down to nothing more than action that involves little more than excuses for Pokémon gym battles and contests. The earlier episodes had adventure and used Pokémon as a way to be the main accentuation of the show, but also not to limit the show to offering only that. Oh, and the characters had far more incentive and personality in the earlier seasons for me. The same goes for the Pokémon. I think Pokémon like Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle are rememberable because they offer personality and seem relatable and familiar. Pikachu was like that once as well... but now Pikachu seems to be Ash's puppet rather than a character unto itself. Far, far overused.

Torchic, Snowrunt, Lotad, and Piplup try too hard to be cute, and it seems the writers would be content with giving us Pokémon that would equal colorful messes, being named things like "akadanabadon" doing things like "rain dance fire ice abatanaakajaaana" attacks for all the writers care. That's a bit hyperbolic, apparently, but I hope you get my point - it doesn't even feel like the writers are trying anymore. Brock was once a Pokémon breeder who had something to offer... now I see him as an excuse to explain Ash's actions and implore nigh every female he sees to hit on him. I won't even entertain the notion of ear-pulling, and Ash seems to care about little more than Gym-battling and his Pokémon. In the earlier episodes, Pokémon were a main priority, quite obviously, but the characters were put in situations that were a draw-in to me, with exuberant locales and.... again... situations that are not limited to nothing more than Pokémon battles (Pokémon battles are used as a way to pierce through infinitely more intriguing challenges in my eyes, in the earlier episodes) and superficial strings of joy, rather than deeper happiness and fulfillment.

Oh, and the phrase "my next Gym battle" now is so threadbare that it makes me want to plug my ears. I don't like how contest ribbons became a byproduct of gym badges either, nor do I enjoy how I feel Drew and Paul are less interesting incarnations of Gary as rivals. Again, I think the characters are immensely reduced by comparison to how they were. However, now that that's out of the way....

The animation and art may not be as dynamic in the earlier series, but since when does the front that is being pretty equal application of quality on all accounts? Aside from that, I don't like the Orange Island Arc much. Granted, I'd put it anyplace above Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Diamond and Pearl, and Battle Dimension, but to me the series already took a sharp decline in quality by the time the Orange Island filler came around. I don't hate Tracey, either - as a more minor filler character that joins the main cast for a time, I think he serves his purpose well enough. And despite the unending repertoire of fillers, I enjoyed Johto quite a lot - not nigh as much as the Indigo League - but I enjoyed it. "Gotta Catch Ya Later" still brings tears to my eyes in both Japanese and English. Still don't get why the writers can disregard Misty and not Brock. They did it once... they can do it again. Ash is going to have to eventually learn how to cook by himself, even if he doesn't age in a show like this (but then how did Brock age and why ever did he? 'Splanation plz).

That aside, I don't hate May, Max, or Dawn, but May is not an interesting character by comparison to Misty's more dynamic nature in my view and Max sounds bratty, spoiled, snotty, and like a smart alec even when he's not trying to sound bratty, spoiled, snotty, and like a smart alec. Dawn isn't an inherently bad character, but simply lacks Misty's depth by my view. I also don't like how the Japanese music was moreso disregarded later on. To me, it's far more placid, masterfully done, and relaxing than the dub music, which I don't hate at all (I still prefer the original English intro theme above all... every intro theme after that, in the dub, is not inspiring to me, and I think some of the dub music is quite good) - I just don't like it as much as the Japanese music. But that's for another thread.

As for the change in VAs that reached fruition about two years ago now... I see no reason to still have your ire raised over that. That's not going to change. Rudimentarily put, the dub is owned by PUSA. My issue with the new VAs, however, is that they put too much strain into their voices. It's so much so that the emotion comes out as stilted. The original VA's had a far more natural tone (which is the way I prefer it, not ULTRAAA-STRAINNNNNEED) and added far more to their respective characters. I do find it sad that the Japanese version hasn't been released with subs, though - I think it's quite awesome and even better than 4Kids' dub. The Seiyuus are that good at voicing emotion in my ears.

Though, if there is a positive that comes with the newer episodes, it's Ash maturity - he was in desperate need of it in comparison to his much more assertive, pompous, bratty, and impulsive nature that plagued his character in the earlier episodes. It worked well for his character development. However, said maturity was already well encompassed by the end of the Johto league, so yeah... but I still think his character was good, even in the first episode.

Team Rocket (Jessie, James, and Meowth).... I like them a lot when they're not overused. And that they're not as "evil" after the first few episodes is a good thing to me - they're evil yet they're not evil - that makes them interesting and gives them depth. Good and Evil dancing with each other is dandy, but conflicts that go deeper than that while still showing the necessity of the two (and how they are such for each other) are far more interesting to me.

But that aside, I do prefer the Indigo league episodes above all. Either the end of the Kanto episodes or the end of the Johto league would have been a good place to end the series in my view, albeit with a more epic and fervid ending that ties things up. After the Johto league, the series became little more than a dead horse beaten to inaneness in my eyes.

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I agree with yellowparrot. Team Rocket.....I can't STAND them in Sinnoh. At least in the other regions they weren't so pathetic!!

But anyway, I don't think I have an opinion on what season is best. If Sinnoh had more humor in it, then I would say they're all pretty much equal to me.

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    The good old days!

Ash's adventures in Kanto, Johto and part of Hoehn always kept me entertained. The battles were actually interesting. However, I didn't like Tracy Sketch'm, who tagged along with Ash and Misty. But for the most part, I enjoyed these seasons.

But Sinnoh is a different story.

For one, the characters are always too happy.
    Two, the action-packed battles are gone. (But I have the movies for that)
    Three, I don't necessarily like the fact that Dawn caught a Pachirisu and hardly ever uses it.
    And four, I have to wake up at 9:00 a.m. just to watch it.

I get up at 7:00 to watch the old episodes on a regular basis.
    Sunday is my sleep day. I like the characters, but not the show.

So I'll stick with my old Kanto and Johto VHS tapes, and I'll only sit through Diamond
    and Pearl for the movies. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was great.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Ok. I've been watching this for a while, from the begining of the series, just as everyone else. & I must say, I agree with each & every one of yellow parrot's rants.

Team Rocket has officially worn my last nerve. I am sick & damn tired of hearing Meoth come up with some half-arsed gimmick to give to *the boss*. Worst than that, is that corney rhyme that the do every time they hatch a plan.SHUT UP ALREADY. I don't mind their new motto, but I canot stand the voices that goes with it. If Meowth opens up his greasy mouth one more time, he's gonna be a violin next episode. They blast off from EVERY HIT, when that same pokemon move is used on other pokes, without the same results. Seriously, why did a Tackle attack send them flying?

I don't hate Team Rocket, but the writers has to stop with the BS. & Deadly Arbok, stop it. Stop berating Yellow Parrot for his opinions. You are either taking his words out of context, or exaggerating his points on why he reasonably dislikes Team Rocket. I understand that you are a fan, but it went from a simple misunderstanding to just plain twisting his words. Nitpicking on minor details like "it was 500 episodes!!" doesn't help your point out.

Speaking of BS, I agree with what Parrot said about how the show deteriorated. It has literally become a show for little children. I mean, sure, it was *always* like that, but even older people could enjoy the show. They had more serious problems in the show back then. Characters seemed more "human", if you know what I mean. Pokemon had bruises on them. Nothing serious, more like little nicks & bumps & whatnot. People had real problems then. More character development occured, it was just better.

And the dialoge. Seriously, if they talk to me as if I'm some 6 year old Nick Jr. watchin' reject, I'll punch Dawn straight in the neck (she does it the most). Stop breaking down your sentences! That goes to all in the show. Stop talking slowly! Stop acting like your forced out of bed to do a episode! I'm trying to get used to the new voices. I just chalk it up to puberty :(

My issue with the new VAs, however, is that they put too much strain into their voices. It's so much so that the emotion comes out as stilted. The original VA's had a far more natural tone (which is the way I prefer it, not ULTRAAA-STRAINNNNNEED) and added far more to their respective characters. I do find it sad that the Japanese version hasn't been released with subs, though - I think it's quite awesome and even better than 4Kid's dub. The Seiyuus are that good at voicing emotion in my ears.

Oh my, yes.

I am also sick of the moves. Someone mentioned how annoying it is that EVERY FREAKIN' MOVE GLOWS!!! When Piplup used Peck, his(her?) beak glowed. When Staravia used Wing Attack, his(?) wings glowed - which wouldn't be a problem, if STEEL WING DIDN'T GLOW EITHER. Brick Break, Cross Chop,Karate Chop, & POUND! MOTHA FRACK'N POUND! Do we need a glow for that?! O, and while I am at it, every move seems to explode in a thick, tarry smoke. As someone else put it, Razor Leaf+Bubble=Thick Smoke. Thick. Tarry. Smoke. Srsly, stop it. It seems they cooled down on the smog, though...

Sorry for this rant, but yellow parrot had awakened the hate within me, on D/P. I don't particulary *hate* it, I do like the Brock gag with Crogunk (you'd think that would get old, but not to me), I like how they are finally implementing the abilities of pokemon more often, and they are making types matter more.

Last edited:

Deadly Arbok

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Ok. I've been watching this for a while, from the begining of the series, just as everyone else. & I must say, I agree with each & every one of yellow parrot's rants.

Team Rocket has officially worn my last nerve. I am sick & damn tired of hearing Meoth come up with some half-arsed gimmick to give to *the boss*. Worst than that, is that corney rhyme that the do every time they hatch a plan.SHUT UP ALREADY. I don't mind their new motto, but I canot stand the voices that goes with it. If Meowth opens up his greasy mouth one more time, he's gonna be a violin next episode. They blast off from EVERY HIT, when that same pokemon move is used on other pokes, without the same results. Seriously, why did a Tackle attack send them flying?

Once again, physics does not apply to this show at all. No attack under an explosion should send anyone flying.

I don't hate Team Rocket, but the writers has to stop with the BS. & Deadly Arbok, stop it. Stop berating Yellow Parrot for his opinions. You are either taking his words out of context, or exaggerating his points on why he reasonably dislikes Team Rocket. I understand that you are a fan, but it went from a simple misunderstanding to just plain twisting his words. Nitpicking on minor details like "it was 500 episodes!!" doesn't help your point out.

HAHAHAHAHA. REASONABLY!!!!! Yeah, sure. I mean I can understand a reasonable opinion but not when he says childish things like 'I hide under the covers when they're on' or 'Haha they're trash'. ANd the reason why I nitpick is simply because if he is going to whine about a show than he should at least have the proper facts to do it. I would LOVE it if you replied to what I said, just so i can 'nitpick' some more.

Speaking of BS, I agree with what Parrot said about how the show deteriorated. It has literally become a show for little children. I mean, sure, it was *always* like that, but even older people could enjoy the show. They had more serious problems in the show back then. Characters seemed more "human", if you know what I mean. Pokemon had bruises on them. Nothing serious, more like little nicks & bumps & whatnot. People had real problems then. More character development occured, it was just better.

People have real poroblems now too in the show.....your point?

And the dialoge. Seriously, if they talk to me as if I'm some 6 year old Nick Jr. watchin' reject, I'll punch Dawn straight in the neck (she does it the most). Stop breaking down your sentences! That goes to all in the show. Stop talking slowly! Stop acting like your forced out of bed to do a episode! I'm trying to get used to the new voices. I just chalk it up to puberty :(

If anything, 4Kids had that problem the most. And do you know why they break it down? Think of the target auidence...good. Now think of how old the show is....good. Now think about how old they are and see if they've seen every little snippet of the show and tell me the answer.

Oh my, yes.

I am also sick of the moves. Someone mentioned how annoying it is that EVERY FREAKIN' MOVE GLOWS!!! When Piplup used Peck, his(her?) beak glowed. When Staravia used Wing Attack, his(?) wings glowed - which wouldn't be a problem, if STEEL WING DIDN'T GLOW EITHER. Brick Break, Cross Chop,Karate Chop, & POUND! MOTHA FRACK'N POUND! Do we need a glow for that?! O, and while I am at it, every move seems to explode in a thick, tarry smoke. As someone else put it, Razor Leaf+Bubble=Thick Smoke. Thick. Tarry. Smoke. Srsly, stop it. It seems they cooled down on the smog, though...

Physics of explosions=nonexistent. Glows are just for dramatic effect.[

Sorry for this rant, but yellow parrot had awakened the hate within me, on D/P. I don't particulary *hate* it, I do like the Brock gag with Crogunk (you'd think that would get old, but not to me), I like how they are finally implementing the abilities of pokemon more often, and they are making types matter more.

In bold. DO reply to this, heh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back