• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    You're getting the hange of it, Myokai.
    I see the big star in the background. If you
    use gimp, does it have blending? If so,
    you should try blending the image. It helps :)

Could someone rate my current theme?

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @myoki - getting a little bored of the same render like i think i said before you might need to use a diffrent background as well

made this for someone yesterday.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Master Dookie; Hm, I don't really like the sprite. D:

The splatters look kind of odd as well, you should've used a soft brush eraser to make them sort of 'fade' like the red, because it looks like they were pasted on.... I like the red and monochrome colors in the background as well, but as a whole banner, I don't like it because the sprite is just... I don't like sprites in banners. xD;; And it's just so small and pixelly that it really throws off the balance of the smooth brushes.

I finally got over my stall in graphics. xD;

And I'm really pleased with the way this turned out. <3 Kinda went overboard with the light textures, but oh well. xD

@ evilcheese: That is a very interesting, but good banner. One thing I really dont love though is what Master Dookie also said, the lighting sources are kind of odd. Try making it a little more centralized. The other thing I don't really love is the random oval in the top middle of the sig, behind the text. Other wise the sig is very good. Keep it up! :P

@ Master Dookie: I dont really like the sprite in this sig. For some reason it looks like it is glowing black. I dunno that just doesn't apeal to me. Other than that, I pretty much like the sig. I like the black, and chrome (silver, grey?) effects you have behind the light and sprite.

@ Xenocrates: Wowie, thats great! I love everything about it, except like you pointed out the vast amount of light textures. But still that really doesn't effect my opinion about the banner itself (its awesome). I love the render, and the city bg. Also the lighting is exceptional. Great Job!

This is some stuff I made:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Actually it's just a stock. xD; It's not a BG and render, it's all one thing.

*fish'd* But thank you. xD; I'm glad you like it~

Shijuukara

i love my iPhone's
    Years

@El Capitano: I like the Hiro Nakamura, except the red lines look a bit too grainy. 9.8

The Cristal Chronicals one, well. I don't like it. It seems a bit too blurry and random. The text doesn't really match either. You could add a few effects to it. 7.8

@Xenocrates: I would sooo love your sig, but it seems a bit too bright. There's so much stuff on the sig. It looks like it's crammed. But overall 8.5 :]

[edit] Sorry trying to post picture, it wont let me.

This is after my 'hiatus' on 'graphics.' First thing in a year?

Last edited:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Xenocrates: Wow, that's awespme. I shouldn't be suprised.
    You're such a good graphics artist. I love it. Nice job :)
    @ El Capitino: For the first one: It's pretty bland. Its pretty good
    tho. Add sme more stuff to it. .

The second one, its better. The theme you made now showes you can do
    way better than that ;D
    @ Acendo: I like the deisgn. Its cool. I might not even mind using
    it. The dashed border circles are a ncie touch.

I have created an icon. Please rate.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @Xenocrates - I SPY APPENDIXSQUARED! XD I really like this a lot, but the light just below Vaan's right elbow is teh uber bright. Turn it down, prz. : D Light textures are always nice. :3 I'd move that yellow light texture on Vaan's left arm somewhere else to the left, since it's quite distracting where it is right now.

@Capitano - The Heroes one is nice, but it's really empty on the left. The lineart sticks out way too much and draws the focus away from the stock. The render on the top left is also really choppy alone the edges. It would look better textless. On the other one, it's too much gradient map going on. Also, the duplication of his eyes on the right aren't working. The blurring on his hand looks iffy and the light source is way too bright.

@Acendo - I really like the left side a lot, although the blue strip in the back is bothersome. The white circles need to go, and the pink cloud as well. If you could make the whole thing like the left side, it would be really cool.

@Mizt - The icon is really cloudy. Plus it's all one color. I generally like icons to be bright and flashy but that's just me. xD The colors are really washed out, too. ):

Please rate my stuff. I put a lot of time and effort into these things only to get them passed over. It's hurtful and disrespectful. So, repost:

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @CME - pretty colors i love it i think there are only 3 things i would recomend. maybe soft brushing around the hair cus i think there is a little pixel junk, 2 maybe make the scanlines smaller, and 3 that line in the middle is weird i would soft brush that a little.

why do i get the feeling that azonic might like this?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    CME; Gah, sorry. ;; I'll try to rate your graphics right away so I don't forget. </3

Anyway, I absolutely love the text and scanlines. The scanlines really give the background a little more definition, but the render is a little too dark for my tastes. Like, the skin, I guess...? The abstract and sort of icy look at the bottom is great, and really does an awesome job of blending the render. I don't really like that bulls-eye brush on the left that looks like it has an outer glow or something on it, because it's kind of... out of place? I don't know. xD; Maybe it's because it sticks out a lot. The space/starry look at the top is really nice as well. ^^

Acendo; The dotted circles are awesome. :O I like how there's no specific... thing in the banner. It's just all graphical stuff. The splatters on the left are a little too contrasting to the big blur of color on the right for me, but I do like them very very much. Color choices are perfect. I think without the distracting cloud over the right, it'd be an awesome piece. <3 Not that it isn't already. xD It'd be awesome-er.

evilcheese; Well, I like the desaturated look. Buuut, I don't really like abstract background. It's too broken up, too contrasting, it's just a little overboard in general. The light... thing... on the bottom left is... bad. :/ It's not a convincing source and it looks like it's just there to make the text show up, which is... not what I would use lighting for. (Lighting is usually to bring a little more attention to your focus, and text doesn't seem to be the focus in this banner.) I don't really like the font either. x_x Well, I like every part of the font except for the 'S'. <_<; I don't really like the flecks of... stuff... on Sharpedo either. I think that Sharpedo kind of matches the contrasting abstract background, so I don't think too much blending would be necessary for this banner. Maybe a soft brush erase job on the right end of Sharpedo would be enough. I think you've had better banners in the past.

----​

I tried to make it a little darker, and got rid of the brushing. :O Does it look better?

edit; Here, side-by-side for comparison! *FISH'd*

Last edited:

Shijuukara

i love my iPhone's
    Years

@Color Me Evil: I can't find anything wrong with that last piece. The only thing that bugs me is that her face is a bit too dark. :D good job.

@evilcheese: Overall it looks great, the text can be better though. And it can be less bright, it seems too sharpened.

Xenocrates: For me it looks way better. But liked that shine at the bottom of his left elbow. xD

GAH My psd disappeared for the last sig i posted. >_> So I made different one. xD

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @xenocrates - thanks for the advice. anyway i like the darker one better cus the lighter one looks a little too bright. also the text i think should just stay one color. oh and maybe add a yellow orb thingy.

EDIT: you posted before me >.<

@acendo - the text is nice but the finger is well how can i put this scary? just tone it down a little oh and the side thing annoys me and the resoulution aswell.

fixed up a little or a alot

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Evilcheese;;Wow, that looks alot better, are you sure you didnt just start a new banner altogether? It might just be me, but i think theres abit too much splatters there, and you could've tried to blend sharpedo in a bit more,and the beige colour (it might not be beige, i just felt like saying beige, its closest to beige anyway :P) doesnt really blend him in, maybe a more desatruated blue? anyways 9/10,

Everybodys;; YAYS! i had the time to make a banner, i know its a bit dark, and i didnt choose the best border, (or text) but i like it,

MasterDookie

Is a murderer
    Years
    A pretty good banner, nice effects. The font for the text annoys me though, it drives my attention away from the stock.

My latest:

I hate it. I wish I didn't suck *Sigh* Oh well.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Masterdookie;; Overall i think it is a good banner, though like xenocrates i absolutely hate sprites in banners, but your effects are good, but i dont like the whole dark grey thing, 8/10

Everybody;; Just incase people are blind here is my banner again and im editing it so just wait

here is the edited text one, and a little fix up in other places,

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    CME;; I love the effects :o They look really nice, and I love how the bottom half of the render smoothly blends with the background. The text is nicely placed, and the font you chose looks really lovely. The scanlines are just transparent enough so that the background doesn't stand out too much. I like the use of a space stock for the stars and stuff, and it makes the whole thing more magical-ish o____o. However, I can see some vector brushing that stands out a bit too much at the sides of the banner, and the top half of the render seems a bit dark, especially her face. Oh, and I like the colours :3

Xenocrates;; Darker one for the win! xD But really, the newer version looks better, in my opinion. The usage of light textures looks to be more controlled on the new version, since the brightness is down a bit. The text is awesome, as with most of your graphics, and everything looks nice and colourful. And it looks better without that light texture over his elbow, since it's less distracting.

Acendo;; I like it :D The soft tones and colours you used really looks great, and the text looks very nice as well. The whole simplicity of the banner is good, since I don't think that much more could be done to that without making it look too cluttered. Also, I like the depth of the banner, with the fingers visible in the background. It looks quite simple, but it's quite appealing to look at. But I think, in comparison to the rest of the banner, the text stands out a bit too much, since it has sharp lines which don't go well with the smooth lines of the stock.

evilcheese;; ...The image needs to blend a bit. The fact that the background is green-ish, whereas the Sharpedo image is dark blue. I'm not saying that it should be completely monotone, but I think that there needs to be something in the background to match the colour of the render. The spatters are okay, but seem to be just a bit over-excessive. The text is a bit too small, and the font used is too, er, boring. Some lighting would look nice also. This definitely isn't your best banner as of yet.

MasterDookie;; Black and white seems a bit boring here. And I don't like how the sprite looks quite faded/blurred, almost like there's soft brushing over it. The background effects are quite cool, however I don't think they match with the sprite. I have no idea how to describe it, but basically, the sprite looks odd, almost misplaced. The text needs a bit of work as well, since it looks like it's just floating there.

Demidian;; The second version is somewhat better. Although the text is still distracting D: The wave filter on a duplicate of the text doesn't really help, either. It's almost like the tip of his sword stands out more than Ichigo himself. Try to place the focus on his face instead. The glowy orbs are interesting, almost like debris from something he just cut apart, but maybe tone it down a bit. But the background is quite good. The banner needs lighting, though.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    It seems like the rating were covered by Shiranui, I thought almost exactly the same things she did, so yay \o/

OKAY for this, I planned on trying something new, but then old habits took over and bleh ._.
    But here it is:

plainplainplain. I know XD;
    I tried adding some stuff with different colors but it looked goofy so I didn't :P

Years
    @Chikara­: I lurv this one so much. He stands out so much, but blends with the background too. I really think it could use rounded edges, and it would look awesome. And with the rounded edges a somewhat thick black border might look nice. Maybe just a little bit of text is needed too, but I'm not sure. Not really a user name though. Something creative. Other than that it's really awesome. <3

Okay, I have two outcomes. One is with a rusty texture the other is not.

Without

With

I'd like both rated, and what one I should use for a theme, please and thank you. :D

EDIT: And then there's a third one which is in my current signature, and has a light texture in the bottom left.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back