• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @masterdookie - you didnt rate mine >.<

@chikara - the render sticks out like a sore thumb (as xenocrates said on one of my banners look above). some soft brushing around the render or even smudging around or behind would get rid of that. the light source is coo. and the text and background are good

rendered myself

MasterDookie

Is a murderer
    Years
    Sorry, I was still typing it when you posted. I'll rate that one. It's a nice sig with some cool effects, I liked that you rendered the image yourself. I don't really like the strong source of light though.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    evilcheese; Yellow skin! D: Sasuke! Hurry! To the hospital!

Yeah I highly dislike it when the skin gets really yellow. That's what selective color layers are for people! D: The weird abstract-y texture-overlay thing really bugs me too. You should've erased over his face. The light source is really strong and blinding, and the background is pretty busy and distracting. I think it looks alright without a border though.

---

Request by Aegis~ <3

plugplugplug; BLEACH, Rukia Ichigo "MOVE ON" Wallpaper, 1024 x 768

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Xenocrates;; Ah, that banner is really nice <3 I like the soft tone of the colours, and the background is really nice, and simple. Although, I think that the effects to the right are slightly distracting, and I'm still wondering as to what that rectangle-ish thing under her arm is. Oh, and I think that the font for the text should be one of those thicker ones, since the current font looks a bit weird, to me anyway. Otherwise, it's a cute little banner, the kind that I can't make for some odd reason.

lul, kay, I won't comment on the text for the wallpaper. I like how it looks like Ichigo and Rukia are walking on the path with the text. The colours are nice, and the dot things stop it from looking too empty. One thing you could add, though, is some sort of effect that emphasises the depth of the wallpaper. It's simple, but perhaps too simple.

Reply to the comments on my banner;; Thanks, all~ I didn't actually think that it was that good. But, whatever xD I was planning on adding a border to it, and I tried out a bunch of different styles, but nothing looked good on it, so I left it as it is. Also, it's a stock, not a render. I tend to be too lazy to render things out nowadays, or the renders I find are ones I can't use for some reason. I wanted to continue the cloud thing so that it's also there behind her, but, as always, I got lazy >.> Oh, and Aqua (the character in my banner) is a girl... o___o;;

---

I keep on forgetting about this:

Abstract, smudge, wallpaper-type thing. 1024 x 819

Yeah, yeah, I know it's taller than the normal wallpaper, but I couldn't be bothered to crop it at the end.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Shiranui;; and still your smudging seems to amaze me, ITS THE BEST!!!!!! the flow of the fire (thats my interpretation) is great, and the colour is so vibrant, it is TRULY A MASTER PIECE xP 10/10 (second 10/10 and to you again :P)

well my friend makes UBER BANNERS xP, and i wanted to share one of them with you :P here is her Piece of art :P

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Demidian: OMG IT'S SEXY LELOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I'm a Lulu fangirl. xD;;; I love the lighting effects in it, especiall the thunder thing around his arms. The background is awesome too! I just wish I knew how to do that. ^^ Anyways, I love it, especially since Lulu is on it.

Bro': You copied that from Sammi (I think). xD;;; But like I said, don't use textures for backgrounds, you make your own backgrounds. Textures are for texutres.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Chikara;; I like the outcome on that one more too :D I guess it's because the starry effect and such fits a Gundam better than it fits Neku, eheh. Anyway, the only thing I can really say about it is that it lacks image blending~ There are some bits that blend, but the rest of it stands out from the background, which doesn't look too good. As I sort of (but not really) said before, I like the starry effects, and the blue stuff in the background adds to that 'space'-y effect.

---

Space wallpaper. 1024 x 768

Repost: Abstract, smudge, wallpaper-type thing. 1024 x 819

Rate one or the other, I really don't mind :3
    Oh, and I used a tutorial for the first one.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Ooh! Shiranui is a good Graphix maker person :DD;

I like the Space effects like the clouds and stuff ^_^
    Did you use the wildfire one for your Ichigo banana? It looks familiar.

11/10~ for both. :D

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    well the color scheme and flowers match it very well. the double render is uh idk not good. and the border is kinda weirdish i would use a diffrent color than white like maybe the render hair.

made it for the gym.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    PikachuTrainer;; Thanks for the comment on my wallpapers ^^ Your banner is nice and everything, but I agree with azonic, the render doesn't seem to match the rest of the banner. First of all, the background is way too blurry, which makes it difficult to see all the effects. Also, the render is really sharp in comparisson, so it stands out more than it should. The text needs some work, as well; the font is really quite boring, and again, doesn't match the banner. It also needs more, er, flow, as everything looks a bit jumbled up~ Although, the cool colours surprisingly don't look too bad with Ho-oh...

azonic;; Why thanks for your comment :3 And, no, I've never used my wildfire wallpaper for any banner. I don't really remember making many Ichigo themes for myself o___o

-looks through Photobucket account-

Oh, right. I think I found the banner you were talking about. Never mind :3

Anyway, the banner is pink! :D The flower and sparkle brushing seem appropriate enough, and so does the colour scheme. However, the colours of the render itself seems a bit grainy to me and it looks oversaturated. Her face looks quite blotchy in some areas, too. The opacity of the the repeat image seems to be a bit too strong, so it's almost like, "whoaomg. She has a twin!" The edges of the text is quite rough, but that isn't a big problem. A toned down colour for the text would look better, in my opinion, rather than bright highlighter pink. Oh, and the usage of of the selection border looks great ^^

evilcheese;; Ooh, cool background. It looks like... a fractal. I guess it helps with the extreme-ness of the 'Extreme Gym' o___o However, I simply do not like how the text, and all the little sprites stand out way too much, with the very prominent outer glow D: The complexity of the background colours simply don't match the much more simple-looking badge sprites. And text in the center looks pretty bad. Also, having six focals like that (if I'm thinking that the sprites are the focals) is kind of weird, so you don't really know which one you're supposed to pay attention to the most. If it was the text, then don't make the sprites stand out so much.

---

Once again, I made it when I was bored:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Shira-chan: The banner was well made, though... I think it's too plain. o______o

But, just like I always say. Do not trust me at banner rating thingy, I stink at those.... too.

---

Okay, it has been many years since I touch my Photoshop, so this banner took 3 hours to make, really I'm not joking.
    Or I might be? Nah. It only took 2 hours.

Yeah, I don't like the borders either, but I'll let that rate up to you.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Ryo-kun: The banner doesn't look to bad. You could lower the lighting effects a little and the border, well, it's not my favorite. ><;;;; You could probably make the border like a widescreen. But overall it's really good. I love the image placement and the grunge background. ^^

Here are some requests for you guys to rate.

This was for Mismaguis

This is for Kazumi

This is for Sabaku no Gaara

This is for Trainer Kat

Well?

MasterDookie

Is a murderer
    Years
    I guess i'll rate the one for Kazumi.

Im a real sucker for those simple banners, I just love them. It's kind of hard to see the stock though since it's so bright. Maybe you can make it stand out more.

Here's a simple smudge banner I made in like, five minutes....

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    MasterDookie;; It looks like... A floating head D:

Although, if it took you five minutes to do something like that, it's not too bad. I will try and not say that it is plain. The smudging is pretty cool, although there is no clear flow to the banner~ And don't smudge over the body so much, I don't like the look of a floating head o_____o I like the way the eyes sort of stand out from the shades of green, and they look like their glowing. The text is hard to read, although text position seems to be good. And, er, that's basically all I can really say.

---

I made some changes to the last banner I posted:

Dah-dah-dah-daaaaaaah~

I made a version with text and without text, cause I'm feeling sort of half-half about it.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Both are good, since there isn't much difference. I like them both- not much to critisize here. 10/10
    Anyway, here's something I whipped up yesterday. I'm unsure of whether to use it as a theme or not.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    @ Shira-chan: I love it! The lighting effetcs, the colros, everything! *claps*
    @ V.Valentine: Do you use photoshop? I say yes. Your current theme is very bland, I recemend changing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back