• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hazuki! That's an excellent new style! :D Though it does need a tad bit of brushing up in regards to your white edging on the first one.

The edges should be a little more angular, imo, and a whole lot smoother. It should be a bit closer to her on her back, and it probably would be easiest to achieve that effect with the polygonal lasso. The weird roundness of it just kind of looks awkward and... not urban. xD But the dots and textures in the background are super awesome. ;> The splatters match, and while it's kind of monotonous in color, it's definitely well put together. Definitely a major step up from your old stuff with this new style. |D

And the LJ header is pure smex. Ouran is awesome, and the scrapbook look is amazing here. 100% awesome.

And I don't really like how bright that Lelouch banner is. D: It's like, blindingly bright. Maybe it'd look better if my color res was different, or if I was using a mac, since I think mac's have a different color res from PC's, but as it is, it's so bright that I can't look at it from too long; therefore, can't rate it. xD; But from what I can tell in the quick glimpses I'm trying to catch, it looks better without a border, or more like, it needs a different border. Maybe a low opacity 1px blue border to match the scanlines?

My three favorites of the icons I made tonight. If you're not really an icon person and don't really want to rate little graphics, have a banner instead;

Grimmy. :D

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Yeah you see the problem was I used the pen tool and I used a touch pad mouse which was hard. Yeah I know I have problems with the lighting. ._.

The icons are pretty good, they are a different style than what I am used to making/seeing. I can't really find any crit. in your graphics because you are so good at making them. So icons are good, I like them, I like them because they fit the colors well together. Even though on the first one, maybe the person can blend in the colors more?

I like Gummy's banner, it's pretty intresting. Is the background a texture? If so, I want to know where you got it. xD;; Um, I like the different strokes and the brushes you used. The coloring is pretty good too. My only suggestion to improve the banner is improving the coloring on Grimmy even more using selective coloring. I don't know if you used that or not, but overall, it's a really nice looking banner and I wish I had that texture! xD;

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
    Loki; I <3 the 2nd icon. SO colorful~ I also like the other ones, but on the first one, In my opinion, the texts is a little hard to read. I don't have a commnet on the third one, but I <3 the render and style on the 2nd one (did I say that before) Anyways, all three of them are oure awesomeness. ;D

On to the banner. the text is pretty well done and easy to read, and I love the notepad style <3 The colors are amazing. I literally luff this abnner. it is quite awesome. xD Its just the way everything blends together so well, even when you have green, black and and light red on a notepad background. Its incredible how you make so many colors blend togehter on a three color background :D Im not a great rater or anything, so don't take my rate or anything xD;; But the icons & the banner are a defenite 10/10. Perfecto mi amor~ :DD

For SOTW. Rate please :)

PiSToLZ

One tough cookie XD
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    Kai-the low opacity thing isnt working for me
    the left and right sides are really boring
    and the text could match better
    its good but you shoulve done a little more you know?
    ok new animation

also a logo for my band

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    @Loki:
    *DIES*
    They are perfect!
    I fail at rating >.<

@.Kai:
    - Render: It's got choppy parts, especially around the hands. It's quite obvious. You should take your time with rendering.
    - Background: Monotonous and bland. Even though the render shows motion, the background is just plain and lifeless. Try smudging around the render a bit so it blends better?
    Is that a C4D in the background? Or are those brushes?
    - Text: Looks good to me, nothing wrong here.

Anyway, you need to work on the colors some more. I've seen your other work, I know you can do much better ^^

@Pistolz
    1st banner:

- Animation is a bit slow, make it just a little faster..
    - Background needs a LOT of work
    - Text is a sore, especially the color.

Band Logo:
    I wouldn't call this a logo, maybe a poster? o.O
    Pay attention to the white edges with your renders, you should be clean with your work.
    It's a nice one though, even if it's a bit overcrowded.. try making it simpler maybe?

-------------------------------

well.. the difference is obvious >.<

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Twinx:

I prefer the first banner, because the second sought of looks like the person is just slapped on. The only other problem I have is that they are way too bright. Plus the colours dont match, ands thats coming from me. (I luff colourful banners ;D)

My new banner, first in ages, because I lost my inspiration. Considering i've started VisCom (graphics) im getting back into things. I got the idea from a magazine.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Cheesepeow: You're getting better. :O While I'm still hesitant on rating your banners after the last incident, ummm... Well, the render seems very angular, which isn't good, since it's a real guy, and lines on real people aren't usually quite so... clean. xD But it's pretty good. Anyway, I don't like how the brushes are all blurry, and the pastel-ish colors don't really seem to go with the bright colors on his scarf thing. The text is good, but you could probably lower it's opacity so that it matches the gray on the sides. Maybe add some light textures or something to make it stand out a little more? In general, it's pretty good thoguh. Probably just needs some sharpening.

*A lot of sharpening.

I adore the bottom-only border. :O /steal

-------------------------------------------------

Augh, I can't decide which one looks better, thus, I can't make an avatar. xD C&C, + Opinion?

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Loki: Pure smex. Nothing else to say o.o; -dies- -looks at it again- -dies again-Thank goodness I never went ahead to make myself a Sho theme with that same image xD Because that would kick my non-existent theme's butt. Eh, I think the first one looks better. The warm colours just seem to suit Sho a bit more. This theme looks very similar to that Beat one Renneh made xD And I don't really have any problems with that, as that style will probably look great with pretty much any character from TWEWY. What I like is the texture/pattern thing in the background. It stops the banner from looking too empty. Spatters are awesome. For spatters are always awesome. Text is awesome. I love the outline-y thing around the word CRUNCH, eheh. The upside down text is a nice addition. The outline-y thing around Sho looks nice as well. Overall, an excellent banner~

-must refrain self from stealing it-

o______o;;

-----

It's... tall x____o Pen tooled. I haven't decided on a background yet. It's Omnimon! o.o;

The whole thing is a lot bigger than this, though.

And tell me if I screwed up the colour somewhere. I have a feeling I coloured something wrong.

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Loki. I like the type on that, reminds me of a music video I love. Focal is a bit naf… but yea…

Shiranui: Why is white the only colour that gets a darker shade?

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Shiranui
    It seems to be a quite bland, but that's obviously because you're not finished. I like the lineart itself though, it's impeccable~ although... now that a look more carefully, I think the jaw (LOL I TYPOED THAT AS JAE FOR A SECOND) area seems to be lacking... SUMFING. D: Sorry, I suck at critiquing pentooling >_<;

This is quite different from what I normally do, and it uses smudging! :> but not a lot, because I still blow at it. ;;

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    @Tinkerbell: I do icons once in a blue moon, so it's hard for me to rate such a small space. x.x Overall, I see no notable flaws, however. It looks good!

Yay for tutorial using. Obviously, these follow different styles from what I usually do...

This one is part Shiranui's tut, part tut from another site. XD

PiSToLZ

One tough cookie XD
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    .fate-seems you folowwed the tutorials very well
    i didnt notice any flaws so....keep it up
    i was bored so

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    Holy shoot those animations are awsome my favorite is probably snake and diddy kong. I don't know how you do these but they are really amazing. Maybe you should put in a stage like final destination or something to mae it look a little more interesting. Wait is the ness and fox the final stage? The megaman one is cool to like i said before a background would make it more interesting. The game and watch one is ok but the background isn't really good. I have to say you are very good with animations did you make these from scratch? And did you sprite them yourself?

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Shiranui
    It seems to be a quite bland, but that's obviously because you're not finished. I like the lineart itself though, it's impeccable~ although... now that a look more carefully, I think the jaw (LOL I TYPOED THAT AS JAE FOR A SECOND) area seems to be lacking... SUMFING. D: Sorry, I suck at critiquing pentooling >_<;

This is quite different from what I normally do, and it uses smudging! :> but not a lot, because I still blow at it. ;;

Jay! I love it! (So Hee as in... SOHEE, RAGNAROK ONLINE?! ;D Which I haven't been playing much, FTL. But no, I'm just kidding. Just the first thing I thought of when I saw those two words together. :B!) The stock is amazing, placement is awesome, and I really really like those lights. Even though you used smudging, it still screams 'JAY!JAY!' in style, and that's awesome. I think you did okay with the smudging, I think it looks good. You pulled off the Grayscale look really well, and that border is awesome. The red line going through it made me look again. xD I was like, "Woah, wait a second."

So yeah. Awesome work, my lovely guru. |D NOW GET ON MSN MOAR. Shiro-chan and I miss you.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    .fate: that scar tag has colour burn issues…the colours of the flames are off because of it… an the repeat of the head o.o' The c4d on top left looks randomly placed too.
    Anyway … might as well do me. ._.'

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    .fate: First and foremost, I'm loving the clever blending. Are the leaves and stuff a separate stock? Anyways, whatever it is, it really does the job at setting a focal point. Honestly, I'm loving it. 10/10

~~~~~

New experimental banner from me. No idea what do with text.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Gummy: I guess I would say put some text there, Verdana size 14-18. Next I would put a lighting effect somewhere, maybe somewhere his head is? Really to me, needs more light. It's just too dark and I don't where the main point is you know? You need to make not just the background, not just the render, not just the texture, but the whole thing a little bit more brighter. It's just... yeah... waay too dark for me. ><

But overall, nice banner, I really really really like the style you used because I know I will never do something like that and I'll never will. xD

Shyok

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    Those look awesome, i wish i knew how to gif images

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back