• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
  • CheesePeow, it's a very nice banner, but your light source doesn't really "blend" with your background. I really don't like how it's sticking out like that.. I hope that makes any sense..
    Colors, text and border are nice.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I'll be lazy again. :D

SOTW entry. I know it sucks, so stfu. :< Yes, I'm fixing the text.

Edit: CheesePeow, you spelled Colorful wrong. XD; It's fixed in your sig though.

clade. - So you made a pretty good banner! It has a few things to touch up, and concepts you can work on. One it is a little mono-tone, so bring in some brighter colors. I kindal like what you did with the intence c4ds, but blend it a little better, or differently (for some reason the c4d over the hand is bothering me).

I think I get the concept of you're sig, but you can work on it to perfect it! Great Job!
    _ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Ok here are sigs I have made while I waited for shiranui to finish the beautiful piece in my sig. *proudly points downward*

CnC please.

You don't nessesarily have to rate all of them haha. Just tell me wich one you like the most and what I can improve on and what you liked.

Sorry guys haha.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    3rd is the best… the others look like a whore made em…
    The boxes kinda ruin it and I can see the original focal you wanted to use. .o.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • El Capitano, I like the first one better. It's simple and blended very well.
    Piece of advice, save your work in PNG, not in JPG.
    -----------------------------------------

help?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Use gradient maps on layer modes to give slight colouring…try making it not be monotonous.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Nothing wrong with being a whore XPP

Me looking at your first one El Capitano. Next to the face on the left it looks like there is some kind of dog or wolf figure ...I don't know whether its meant to be like that and I'm just stating the obvious XP But me see it. I likes it ^^
    Me quite like it, the bottom of the shoulder on my right looks a bit odd.
    Like the colours.

*looks through photobucket*

Done that about a year ago, a little less, I have a feeling I didn't complete it. Lol, yes a very long time. I'm going to stay quiet now as I tend to look and criticize my own work (I can see loads) but me let the next poster do that.
    https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/cinny_pics/greysmu1.png

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Renneh: I don't know, but it looks a bit odd. It looks as if the banner was resized without scaling, and it looks squished and wide. .-. The left portion seems a bit empty too. Nice blending though.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Thank you ^^ Yeh it was hard because the angle of the head was so wide on the girl ^^ And I think I left the left side blank as I didn't want to do anything to ruin it.

Me thought you guys were going to point out that you can see where it repeats XP See the line on the far right? Big whoops... XP

.fate- I love the image you used and the main colour of the background. It seems somewhat simple (Loads of simple subtle touches that me love but others seem to not always like). Its great. I'm not sure whether its the image but the eye on my right of the guy, seems a little blurred/glared/forgotten technical name for it. Or its my eyes ^^

Okey, next one...

I wanted to practice a technique (pen tool, round the leg) and me couldn't think of any theme other than sawcks! I drew those weird little hearts as well that I wish I had drawn going in the other direction but me were pretty new and direction wasn't in my vocabulary list. XP

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    @ Renneh - I like what you decided to do with the Pen tool, but the hearts are really rigged, and, though this is just my opinion, it would look better if you added a border of some sort. Everything on the right-hand side is really well put together. I really enjoy looking at that, even though it may seem strange. However, the left-hand side is really ... different compared to the rest of the colors. It's probably just the hearts, because they seem to not match with the maroon-like color. Probably, changing the color or lowering the opacity might work well.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • It looks okay but it is a bit plain. I would put the bottom text somewhere else. And I would fade the 2nd set of your username a tad more.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    @ Renneh - I like what you decided to do with the Pen tool, but the hearts are really rigged, and, though this is just my opinion, it would look better if you added a border of some sort. Everything on the right-hand side is really well put together. I really enjoy looking at that, even though it may seem strange. However, the left-hand side is really ... different compared to the rest of the colors. It's probably just the hearts, because they seem to not match with the maroon-like color. Probably, changing the color or lowering the opacity might work well.

Thanks, we are of the same opinion XP At first, I never intended to be a signature because I was mucking around with the pen tool but then I loved looking at the sawck XPP

hehehe, thanks for your comments.

Haine Togu- My first thought was the green and pink don't go together but after looking at it for a whole, I think they actually do go quite well. Its quite simple but me <3 it and I like how it all sort of comes out at the top. I might have done less hearts or have them a bit more spaced out (ones above the text) but I'm not sure.

Next one.

Text is was going to go close to the bottom right. But my photoshop decided to have a fit about writing text last night. *opens it now* And it better work this morning.

No it doesn't, works with new files just not with this one. hmmm *thinks*

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Ranneh:I like your stuff man, when did you start? Any-who, the smudging on this banner is pretty nice. You dont always need text though. That border doesnt appeal to me. But the blue brush on the hilt of the sword works for me, but really, stick to your pen tooling, cause you have a gift with that man.

Ummm.... A ha! 2 Banners I forgot to post!

Have fun!

Ooo! Ooo! I forgot to say!
    IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! YAYS!

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Happy Birthday!

Me started about a year back on photoshop but then at about august/september me stopped and then at the weekend me decided to start again. Me stopped because I got a major block and I just lost inspiration. Trying to get it back.
    And hehe, erm I'm a girl ^_^ Thanks for the compliment on the smudging.. it took FOREVER.. the other stuff took about 10, maybe 15 minutes... But I'm not kidding, I spent a couple of hours on the smudging. I couldn't get it right at first.

The blue, green, yellow, pink, purple and whatever other points I put in there, are done by just doing the apply image thing, then you get a nice soft brush, set it to colour dodge and brush wherever.. then adjust the opacity because you don't want it too bright.

Me rubbish at pen tooling hehe XP Besides, even if I was good, me need to keep an open style, me like trying new things.

'kay, now for rating yours.

1st: The c4ds are poorly blended and the colour scheme needs sorting out. Because there is like a dull grey cloudy looking area is breaking it all up. Layers need to be blended more. Would probably be better to just have one or two sprites, because if there are too many then it is hard to define a focal point. Needs to be lighter.

2nd: Better, use some photo filters and gradient maps... and it won't make it so monotonous. And use the burn and dodge tool (not too vigorously, just gently) And it will add some depth. Oh and clipping masks are fun too if you don't know how to do them here is a very quick explanation: Whenever you want to add a clipping mask, make a new layer and do Image>Apply Image... then make another new layer, move it under the applied image layer and hide the applied image (by clicking the eye). Then use a splatter brush on the other layer, considering flow and direction (basically same thing)... Use any colour, it won't matter. Then unhide the applied image layer again, right click and select 'create clipping mask' then move the applied image slightly to the left or right until you get the desired effect. Sometimes some splatters will show up, you just need to erase them slightly on the splatter brush layer to get rid of this (almost always happens).

This all assuming that you have photoshop. ^_^ hehe

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I haven't been here for a while. I guess I better do some rating ^^

Renneh: For some reason, I like this quite a bit. It's probably because of the spatter clipping masks, or the multi-coloured soft brushing. Or maybe it's the smudging in the background. I don't know. But it all fits together quite nicely. Multi-coloured-ness for the win. The biggest thing to work on is probably filling up the empty space. Text might work well, but I just have something against putting text into banners unless it's completely necessary. Or, if it's a typography piece o.o;; I don't really know what else to suggest. More clipping masks? Ah, and Shana (that is her name, right?) looks a bit pale. Work a little bit more on blending the render in. Otherwise, it looks great.

Poke'd: Happy (belated?) birthday ;P

Sprite-ish banner - I personally don't like sprites in banners. Unless it's Guilty Gear or King of Fighters sprites. Or some other fighting game where the sprites don't look... weird. It's also a bit muddled up, since there's four focals, or something. Just use one or two x___o It's also looking quite dark. Brighten it up a bit ^^ The effects look interesting, and helps add flow to the purple-ish sprite (the Ditto-Smeargle fusion). But I guess it just doesn't really look right. There's also some empty space, so maybe shrink the canvas down a bit, so it doesn't look quite as empty.

Hitsugaya banner: Aah, Shiro-chan >3< The smudging's quite good. But work on colours. As Renneh said, don't make it look monotone. Add some green or deeper blues instead of the smudgy gray-blue-green colour there. The flow is pretty good as well. It's mainly just colours. Oh, and filling up the emptiness. Try putting clipping masks or smudged C4Ds there. Or something similar.

Gummy: Monotone o.o As 'angry' the colour red is, it needs some other colours to go along with it. Yellow, or orange? I like the spatter-like brushing in the background. That one looks great, like blood dripping from the walls. The blending behind Carnage looks alright, but it needs blending under his jaw, and around his arm, since I can see a yellow-ish outline around the render. Work on the depth a bit as well, it's looking a bit flat at the moment. Try using a large soft brush on black, and brush around the edges. Reduce the opacity if needed. The burn tool is pretty useful as well, as long as you don't spam it to death. And don't sharpen it too much. It's looking a bit pixelated in some areas.

---

Just messing with this style~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back