• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Jake: I think the background should be off white instead of pure white because with the style I'm using, it looks weird. I like the splatters on the left and the smudging but that brownish arc on the right seems really out of place. Maybe it's because the render has no prominent brown colors in it. I also think the render was resized a bit too small, it'd look fine with just Naruto's head and shoulders.

-----

Newest banner and SOTW entry:

@Gummy: Not much to say about this tag except it is, over topazed. If it wasn't topaz then I would really apreciate this tag, but otherwise the topaz reall y isn't working. You used it to the point where the focal looks blurry, and nothing looks quite right.

As for the effects, I think those awesome c4d things are very cool. :D

Keep this up man.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years

It's still a no in my book. Now it has colors, but they are bad colors. The coloring is just too dark and boring. The effects are pretty sloppy and aren't constructed well. The fact that Lucario doesn't even stand out is only worsened by the fact that he is opaque. My suggestion, just like before, is to read a tutorial, preferably a simple one that covers key points.
    It might have looked good with an actual background, not a transparent one. Since it's transparent it looks sloppy. There are smudges and marks all over where it should be just transparent. Also this tag has potential for a great flow, but it wasn't achieved. The text is ok, but it's hard to judge on a transparent BG.
    I'm sure this tag probably looked great...before it it drowned in Topaz/GREYC. I mean you really whored it to a point it's hard to get past it. I mean those effects and C4Ds look really good, but I can't accept they were so drowned. The text looks ok, but it could have been a better overall style.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My awesome new tag :o It's a combo platter of Casshern since I used a stock and a self-render from it. I was told the text could be better, but I don't feel like going back and making a none text version. Anyway CnC?

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years

My awesome new tag :o It's a combo platter of Casshern since I used a stock and a self-render from it. I was told the text could be better, but I don't feel like going back and making a none text version. Anyway CnC?

Very nice. The text should be closer to the render, and I kinda wish the focal stood out a little more (some blurring in areas could fix that and enhance the depth).

Oh, and while I'm here, I'll post up this one.

Very nice. The text should be closer to the render, and I kinda wish the focal stood out a little more (some blurring in areas could fix that and enhance the depth).

Oh, and while I'm here, I'll post up this one.

The rainbow draws away from the focal, and there are too many little white dots. All they are doing right now are floating around randomly. The lighting is all wrong for the render. Because the render has a highlight on its left side, but you have the light source coming from its right. If anythign the correct light source is directly above from what I can see (see shadow under chin).

Besides that nothing else is that bad...

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    The dots are trailing behind him/around him actually. And the lighting, kudos to you for spotting it, most people here don't notice it. I figured it wasn't too bad an issue because it actually looks right on part of the render (the head mainly). It's kind of ambiguous. I tried flipping the background but it looked gay.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Can someone rate this?
    No offense to you or anything, but it's very dull and such. The colors clash in a way that makes me bored. There's relatively no brushing involved, the little little effect you have going on is odd (although I have to give you props for trying it) and there is no real transition so to speak from the first sonic to the other. The text is a generic "I don't really know what to do with this" kind of thing. Good news, though, is that there looks to be soooo much room for improvement with you and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

For me, as I haven't really made any graphics since mid August, I tried experimenting with color to get myself back out of a slump/lazy ungraphic life.

Original:

After:

I do realize that it's pretty bleeeehhhh and has no text, but I need a good critique to help myself get back into the game. DDDD: I miss graphics terriblyyyy.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    hmm,

I still like the effect of my name and the layers/ use of erasing to make my name look better than just standing out.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    No offense to you or anything, but it's very dull and such. The colors clash in a way that makes me bored. There's relatively no brushing involved, the little little effect you have going on is odd (although I have to give you props for trying it) and there is no real transition so to speak from the first sonic to the other. The text is a generic "I don't really know what to do with this" kind of thing. Good news, though, is that there looks to be soooo much room for improvement with you and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

For me, as I haven't really made any graphics since mid August, I tried experimenting with color to get myself back out of a slump/lazy ungraphic life.

Original:

After:

I do realize that it's pretty bleeeehhhh and has no text, but I need a good critique to help myself get back into the game. DDDD: I miss graphics terriblyyyy.

Personally, I think this is a pretty great manipulation. Although there is a tad too many light sources, and the colors are a tad to bright, I think that overall the recoloring and added effects are pretty good :)

hmm,

I still like the effect of my name and the layers/ use of erasing to make my name look better than just standing out.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan :/ The text doesn't stand out so much, coloring is awkward, and the effects are lack luster :/ Btw, you are supposed to rate the person above you :P

Anyways, my latest tag, pretty meh, but whatever :P

Does the border kill it?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    umm your links are broken...
    (cannot rate broken links)

anyways, made this last nite, took a while and some of the glowing stuff didn't come out right...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Dukey: I love that image of Electivre, he looks so deranged xD. Anyway, I like the glowing effects you gave to the Pokemon but I think you should slow down the transitions. After Electivre goes away, the rest just speeds by.

-----

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    GumGum: I'm loving it :D Everything fits in perfectly, and it doesn't look to busy. The only problem I have with it is the text, you cant read some of it unless you look closer. Also, try a banner without some C4D's ;D.

I haven't been doing much lately, so these two banners aren't very good at all.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years

@Visual: This one isn't actually that bad... the colors go nicely. There's not much to distract from the focal, and that's good... I don't really like the dodge tool on the eye, it's too bright. Your effects here are really good, a little too much dodge in some other places (on the right side of the hat, ease up near the bottom middle...). The flare near his left arm is a bit too sharp, maybe use the blur tool really gently there... Other than that, pretty good (4.6 stars)

Here's mine, I've been absent for a while and this is something I did during a two-hour art period since I finished my project:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    SwampertTrainer: I like it, but I don't like how it's really too bright, and and the text and the border.

The text is pretty good, but I don't really think it suits that banner though.

--

Here's mine. VERY CRAPPY. WARNING.

@ Ryouki: The effects are to plain, and blurry. And the text really kills the tag, even grabbing the focal from the render. Try adding at least a little saturation (lolol). And take out the cinematic border, it does nothing for a banner of that size. Just keep trying, read tutorials and I think you will bag all these things :DD But remember, don't desaturate everything!

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Erm, since the person above me is Comic Tragedy,who did not post any banner, I'll rate, um mine? No, before mine.. but I already rate it so, before SwampertTrainer.

Visual: It has a good effect, it really suits and gives of that mystical effect. Nothing much is needed here, since you don't need text because it might ruin the tag.

The second banner is what I really like. The text gives it simplicity and you made the guy looks like it is really moving.

I also like the border, but it doesn't suit the banner. I might try that border style sometimes... Unless...it would be called stealing! DDDD:

--

Okay, okay. I know, I didn't do everyone here a favor by making a banner but I was really bored! I need to make a banner... Okay, I lied. I made it since I love Jigoku Shoujo. But that's no excuse to make everyone blinded by it's crappy-ness! I can see the papers now, Internet User, Blinded Every Internet user In The World. DD:

See? CRAAAAAAPY.

Years
    Erm, since the person above me is Comic Tragedy,who did not post any banner, I'll rate, um mine? No, before mine.. but I already rate it so, before SwampertTrainer.

Visual: It has a good effect, it really suits and gives of that mystical effect. Nothing much is needed here, since you don't need text because it might ruin the tag.

The second banner is what I really like. The text gives it simplicity and you made the guy looks like it is really moving.

I also like the border, but it doesn't suit the banner. I might try that border style sometimes... Unless...it would be called stealing! DDDD:

--

Okay, okay. I know, I didn't do everyone here a favor by making a banner but I was really bored! I need to make a banner... Okay, I lied. I made it since I love Jigoku Shoujo. But that's no excuse to make everyone blinded by it's crappy-ness! I can see the papers now, Internet User, Blinded Every Internet user In The World. DD:

See? CRAAAAAAPY.

Little to no flow makes me sad. However, I really think it shows potential. The colors could use a tiny bit of work, but the general composition is pretty cool. Fix the flow, and the colors, and let's see how it looks then? :D

Rate my avatar. Seriously.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years

Ok, the text is bad. Just had to say that first, it looks bad, it's too long, and worsens the tag. Now on to everything else...the effects are blurry and almost no existent. It needs more spice. Just some good smudging could have made this tag way better. Nice color choices, but needs more variety. It's just two tones. It also lacks any sort of depth. Finally, a border wasn't really needed.
    Improving, much better than the one above but still has it's quirks. The construction and over appearance is rather interesting to me. The colors could be better though. Just some tweaking with Gradient Maps or Color Balance would make a world's difference. Some parts look kinda low quality to me. One example is the red head's hair, the area near the edges look rough and kinda through me off. The lighting could be better and the line going across both girls should be fixed. You can really see it in red's hair. I'd also erase the mark on red's face.
    It needs more smex and blue tint IMO :o That's about all I can say. Maybe a particle effect around his head in the BG.
    OH YEA! I'd also high light his eyes. I always do that in avatars :o
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a request for someone on another forum. He just named a character, Yusuke, and I went to town.
    I experimented with using textures, which isn't something I normally do in tags. I used this texture from Redeemer-of-light of dA. CnC?

----------------
    Listening to: John Legend; Andre 3000 - Green Light
    via FoxyTunes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back