• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
  • @ Loki: Yes, I'd say it's much better. I'll just be ripping now... xD
    It doesn't look as full as the previous one, but that worked out for the better. I'm going to rate this a 9.5/10, one of your better ones.
    You do nice work with "real people" renders =P

there I go, sucking up again x_x

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, after consulting my Graphics Guru, I have TWO MORE versions to speaketh of.

For better, or worse?

Years
  • I'm not very good at rating, on a count of, I don't know what to rate, but I think I can see one difference so, I like the second one, it looks like a spark, and I love sparks

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Loki; I like version 2 better, the light flash thingie flows more than the flash squiggle in the 1st one. But they're better than the other version above. :3

-----

I haven't been in here for a while..

Graphics slump time!

Last edited:

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • Yo It's Uryu here, Just too impatient to wait for a name change, so i'm using an old account. xDDD

Loki;; I Like the first one better, not much different to the second one, but from your other versions, they are better. Theres not much to comment on it looks great as it is now. 10/10

Akari;; Vector!! Looks awesome, lighting could do some work, colour scheme is nice, maybe you could brush over the clipping mask a bit to make it look less plain? 9/10

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
  • Clade:
    1st: I like it. It is a bit harsh on the eyes so tone down the opacity in the bottom left corner and maybe that light in the back to make it easier on the eyes. Apart from that it is great!

2nd: Beautiful. Simply divine! The only thing I would suggest changing is the text colour, it is very hard to read. Maybe try a red or black to make it clearer. Also one question about the text. What is it meant to mean? It doesn't really make sense...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rate my grunge banner?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Perfectionist: It seems a bit too plain for me. I don't think it was such a good idea to brush over the render's face. Also, I think the text would fit better in the bottom-left corner, where it's just empty. It that was your first grunge, good attempt, if not, then we all have our bad days.

I'm finally back after my long absence! Unfortunately, I'm extremely rusty and it will probably take me a few days to get back to my old self (which wasn't that good to begin with XD).

I really have no idea what I was trying to get at with this one, so excuse me if it looks messy. And, as you can see, I still suck when it comes to text.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • @Gummy: THe background is a good idea, I just think it'd be better off applied with a different render. It doesn't really match Sora and Kairi that much. XD; I do like the lighting and the smudging though, but your text seems badly placed and it could probably use a better looking font. ^^;

Boredom strikes! At 2:30am! Le gasp!

Years
  • Animadversion:
    your choice of font really matches your image andd it is blended in quite nicely. there's something weird with the complexity of the image and the background. the background seems a bit too simple for the image? just cause of all the line work and stuff in the image. and the circle patterns dont really match with the image either. xD i think your border is too plain. you should maybe blend it in with the image and put it on a blend mode or change the opacityy. 8/10.

Gummy:
    your background colour almost clashes a lot with your image. i dont think the purple works too well. D: it might have worked better if you colourized the image to match that shade of purple orr brown.. or both. the leading between your type is a biiit too much. it might look better closer together. and also the font seems a bit too curly and too playful for the type of background you chose to use. the random filterness.. orr something on the image looks a bit odd. XD the image might look better placed off to the side a bit, rather than in the centre. and this would also make some more space for the type, which looks like it got cut off a bit. and maybe a different coloured border? just the main thing is the colour scheme doesnt really match well. 6.5/10

Perfectionist:
    i think the image would look a bit better if it was blended into the background a bit. it seems very.. flat almost compared to the background. and it looks almost like its just floating there. the font doesnt seem to match too well. D: it seems too old and medieval compared to the background. and also the colour might look better if you lowered the opacity or blended it into the background. and it looks a bit odd where you placed it. it seems to crowd the space at the top orr something. it might have looked better under the sword? the main thing that looks odd, is that the image isnt blended well and the floatingness D: 6/10.

Clade:
    1: i dont think the circles match too well with the image/background. they seem too playful and happy? then the background is like harsh lines and music stuff. and i think theres a bit too much contrast in the staffs and treble cleffness. it makes the background almost stand out more than the image. the glitter in the corner looks neat. but the solar flare is a biit too bright. it just draws your eye there and it doesnt want to move. i think the red jacket stands out a bit much on the orangey-goldish-brown background. because its the only red part in the designn.. maybe add some red or something? xD i almost think the blurryness in the background might look better sharper? the type is kinda a bit fadey, and it doesnt really draw your attention because of the solar flare's brightness. and the fonts seem a bit classyish for a guitar player? xD buut.. 6.5/10.
    2: i really like the colours and how its all contrasty. the background really suits the image and matches well. the only thing is the type is hard to read cause its white and there are white stuff floating all over. but it kind of adds to the design. but it might look better if it was a darker colour perhaps. xD and the angles of the type looks a bit odd or some reason. i also think that the hand writing font doesnt really match too well. and the outer border might look a bit better if it was a lighter pink. but overall it looks goood. 8.5/10

Last edited:

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
  • Animadversion
    I don't particularly like this banner. I feel that it is very dark and gloomy which I'm sure you where trying to achieve but I think it needs more colour. Like the layout and overall effects but the lack of colour strikes me..

Ok here is another banner. Trying to mix and match various styles together.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Ok here is another banner. Trying to mix and match various styles together.
    Its cute but it would look much better with a border & the background needs something - its a bit on the simple side.

My entry in the SOTW

A different version of it...not sure which is better or if it needs something

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
  • Haine Togu
    I think the first one is better. I love the way the stave and notes go diagonal along the banner. Adds really nice flow and looks great! The singer faded in the side is a great addition and makes the banner feel whole. The ext is positioned well and has a nice variety to it. And finally the use of unique grunge makes the banner look unique, colourful and suits well. All in all this is a great banner. I cannot see anything wrong with this banner but if I had to change it I would make the singer a bit darker. Only because it can be a bit harsh on the eyes. But it is fine the way it is.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Original:

Alternate:

Alternate 2:

Which do you prefer and why?
    If you choose Original, you'll find it is quite blank, I am looking for something else to fill the gaps..

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • DC is on a break and feels like rating today ;D hehe

Perfectionist, I like the 3rd one best. The first one is empty and I like the way you blended the hear in the third one.

It's a bit empty on the left, maybe because of the text placement, try changing that or maybe blending a C4D in the background. By the way, the text color doesn't work at all. Try using a dark color from your render.

The render blends well with the background, BUT I think you overexposed the render [I've seen this render on PlanetRender] and it looks way too bright in your banner.

Overall, it's a good banner but still needs some work.. 7/10

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • Yay! No need to rate! ^^;

Made these for Loki's A1 assignment; Create a Vector Banner. They took me a really long time, and I proud of them. I think the colors don't match, but they seem to go well together for some reason. Am I insane? of course There's two versions. Which is better?

V1:

V2:

Tons of C+C would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;
    Motsuko Live

Last edited:

Embrace

>Chikorita<
    Years
  • @ Mutsuko Live: I love your banners, however those black arrows look weird, I dont know why but they do. I also like the focus point of the light, I think overall the banners are very good and the 2nd one is probably best.

If you can't see it's in my signature​

Lol my first banner ever, so I decided to make it after my favourite Pokemon. Also I made this with GIMP​

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Motsuko Live: -DIES- That is so prettyful. <3 I like the second one, it's more vibrant which goes better with the "Express Yourself" text.

Embrace:The banner is pretty plain and empty. The text needs to stand out a bit more. Under Charmander's arm there is a big white space that wasn't erased during rendering. The background is meh, I don't like the look of it. Download some brushes and brush over the render a little.

Ionic

God of nothing
    Years
  • @ Motsuko Live: Ive tried vector ones before i know they are very hard.Thats is very nice.The black arrows do stand out quite a bit compared to the other colors being so light though.

@Embrace: Try using brushes next and the text don't need that box around it.

Somone rate my new one please :)

Sorry if its a bit bright at the top i added some lighting forgot to save the PSD to edit ;)

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @Motusuku - pretty lights. the effects you put into a vector banner are great although the colorful lines are pointing at her pit O.o You should make them point at her face or something.

@embrace - such a small render in such a big canvas you want your render to be the most noticable thing and what makes it worse is that you put it on the right so most of the banner is a bg which doesnt seem very exciting.

@ionic - unlike the other 2 i rated there is alot of focus on this one, nice job. but like you said too bright. the displacement used is nice to but its a little too much. there also needs to be a little more blending. also i think the font should be a little smoother since the banner has nice depth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back