• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Conman
    It's like two different styles mixed together. Love the right an the grungy style. Nice stock used too. The left is a bit lacking I see you put it in there for a bit of depth, but the perspective of the render and the bg are too different. :<
    I say use the style on the right on the left as well, you'll find a way to add depth somehow. =D
    MA
    I'm too used to seeing it to find anything wrong with it. Except a tiny bit too much yellow, Maybe it's because of conman's text. xD​
    YOOM-TAH
    I'll rate here so you can get another person to rate yours. xD
    I like the way you just added a dusty part. Though I think the dust i too sharp around the edges rather than being cloudy, which is what I think it should be.
    Not too fond of the monotonous background. The perspective also looks odd… as if the right side isn't going to the same vanishing point as the left.

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Nothing above me, so I guess I'll just post one.

Didn't get any comments on this in my lastest sigs topic.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years

• Nice banner, but I think it could use a little more depth. Blur the background a little more, and make it darker... that would be more effective in my opinion. I like the border, but something just doesn't seem right about it. I don't know what it is, though, so I'll just STFU about it.

Text would be amazing in this. No clue what it should say, but I'm sure you'll think of something.

8.5/10. Nice work, YOOM-TAH.

EDIT: Um, wait... didn't Loki change the rules a while back? I'm pretty sure we were suppose to rate any banner if there were none before us. Maybe she changed them back though. I haven't been here for a while @_@;;

Last edited:
    YOOM TAH: I like the whole sandy & dirt looking effect with smudging(?), but one thing I don't like it the desaturation! Please, please, please try and remember to incorporate some color into you're tags. I dunno, it really bugs me, and I hope it gets to some people to so I'm not like insane (I'm sinister). Besides that it kinda has week depth. Almost looks like you blurred everything but the render wich is......... not fun xD

Ummm, yeah!

-THIS IS NOT AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A FREE POST! RATE YOOM-TAH'S! -

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    EDIT: Um, wait... didn't Loki change the rules a while back? I'm pretty sure we were suppose to rate any banner if there were none before us. Maybe she changed them back though. I haven't been here for a while @_@;;

I did add that rule, but I didn't add it to the first post, therefore, I'm unable to enforce it with proper justifications.

I'm too lazy to add it, but I'll get around to it eventually.

The Guy Who Shouldn't Have Changed His Name said:
    -THIS IS NOT AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A FREE POST! RATE YOOM-TAH'S! -

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    So I'm supposed to rate YOOM-TAH's?

YOOM-TAH:dyugidkhsvjaskbfalnvsnfs Alright I'll try my best to do this. ._.; It's certainly not the best banner I've ever seen in my life, but it's not the worst banner. I think Primape looks too grainy (or is it supposed to? meh it's a Pokemon card anyways D: ), I think you could enhance the color more. Use adjustment layers. They are the life and soul of your graphic making. I still cannot believe you people say that you are the best graphic artist and don't use that, do not rely on C4Ds and textures all the time, they might disappear one day and you will freak out. Trust me this happened to me before. oo; Use a lighting source, please. It's dark. ><; Uh and what else... I also suggest you to use this... circle thing... Yeah just use that, press ctrl+i and set to screen. It will look a lot more interesting if you do. You don't have to if you don't want to, it's just a suggestion.

Uh on the comment side... The borders are nice, good contrast. And the texture is nice too, but maybe you could duplicate it or something to make it more? oO; But yeah, it's not bad, keep it up.

For my new theme.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • So I'm supposed to rate YOOM-TAH's?

YOOM-TAH:dyugidkhsvjaskbfalnvsnfs Alright I'll try my best to do this. ._.; It's certainly not the best banner I've ever seen in my life, but it's not the worst banner. I think Primape looks too grainy (or is it supposed to? meh it's a Pokemon card anyways D: ), I think you could enhance the color more. Use adjustment layers. They are the life and soul of your graphic making. I still cannot believe you people say that you are the best graphic artist and don't use that, do not rely on C4Ds and textures all the time, they might disappear one day and you will freak out. Trust me this happened to me before. oo; Use a lighting source, please. It's dark. ><; Uh and what else... I also suggest you to use this... circle thing... Yeah just use that, press ctrl+i and set to screen. It will look a lot more interesting if you do. You don't have to if you don't want to, it's just a suggestion.

Uh on the comment side... The borders are nice, good contrast. And the texture is nice too, but maybe you could duplicate it or something to make it more? oO; But yeah, it's not bad, keep it up.

For my new theme.

Thanks for the lengthy comment! :D And I've been designing for 6 years, I know about Adjustment layers. The desaturated look was the whole idea I was going for before even starting the sig. But thanks for the opinion!

As for your sig, it's really nice, but I don't like those tech-like bars on the right. They pretty much are completely out of place in the sig. I'd maybe try adding in a couple other photos in there too, smaller, and then angle them. Other than that it's great. Always liked this style of sig.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years

• YOOM-TAH said:
    Nice overall look and concept. It gives off a dark and rough mood, which defiantly fits the subject. Though it doesn't come without minor quirks. The most major one would be the colors because they are non existent. Even if you wanted a desaturated look, I'd rather just go for full B/W. It has some nice depth but the BG seems a bit too blurry which, for me, kinda ruins a bit. I would rather only blur whats around my focal and very lightly blur areas of the BG around the tag.
    Motoko said:
    The avatar is perfect. I can't really give any tips on it. All I can really do is point out why it's good and I rather not since you posted a tag.

On to the tag...not feeling it. It seems kinda empty to me. I like YOOM-TAH's suggestion of adding more pics in the BG on angles. I'm pretty sure that would fix the barren feeling I'm getting from this tag. Also the music bars at the bottom seem really random to me. I see you have notes in the BG of the tag, but the bars still seem out of place. It may have worked better if picture was different, IDK how though. Finally I'd consider burning the corners of the tag to add a little overall depth to it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A request I did for Nazo. He had some specific things he wanted and I originally thought it hindered me, but I was wrong.
    After a while this tag grew on me, though I do feel some small edits are needed...just don't know what XD

----------------
    Listening to: John Legend - Again
    via FoxyTunes

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmmm, the biggest beef I have with your tag Conman is that the cloudy effect is really undefined, while Soul is really sharp. D: I think I'd like to see a little more sharpening on the clouds, ya? And I'm not too sure about the red light all over the tag. :/ The only one I actually like it the one between his shoulder and head. Color combination also kind of makes me do a double take, but the effects are cool, and as always, I love your city stock styled tags. Maybe spread out the foggy cloud effects a little more...? Not my favorite, but then again, not much tops your kick butt WANTED tag. ;D

~

I'm not particularly fond of this thread, but I thought I should suck it up and seem a little more active in here anyway. xD!

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Oh hay four days late to the party!
    It's a very colourful banner in which the point of focus is obvious. Though, I don't feel the design behind the guy really adds anything to the banner as a whole. It just seems kind of... there.

On another note, I really haven't contributed to this thread in a while, so might as well.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Soma Peris: I really like the smudge you used and make it look like a cloud-mist thing in the back of the focal, and the text is properly placed as it doesn't draw much attention out of the stock, although the stock might be a little blurry or is it just my eyesight.

also, I stink at making critiques. :P

--

Haven't made a banner for a while, so here it is.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • @Soma Peries - I'd say it was nice smudging if you did it yourself. xD Aigis looks pretty slapped on. The smudging is really bright in comparison to the background. It would've looked a lot nicer if you darkened it up a bit and blended a bit more. The moon has a little blurb of ick on the right hand side, like a line of unfocused pixels. And the tree looks really LQ. It'd be better to blur it so it gets rid of that LQness, and gives your tag a bit more depth as well. Text looks grrrreat!
    @Ryouki - alkdjlkjd leaves and renders on stock face. >: Erase erase erase. Everything is looking preeetty monotone, except for that blue blur on the front of the stock. Gradient maps = friend. Colourlovers.com = friend. Can't read the text either, but it would look better without it anyway. And easy on the sharpening!

-----------------------------------------

Header for my LJ. This is not my stock cut. Not my fault it's crap quality.

Last edited:

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Oh god. I have to crit. Sorry if I suck at this. ;;

Kay, um Color Me Evil. Other than the fact that the image itself is terrible quality, which you know, the graphic is pretty decent. You have a nice slant with the text, although the small text is a bit hard for me to read. I don't know if it's just my deteriorating eyesight or what, but the "you" and "me" is harder to make out. I love the background behind the image a lot. A nice base of colors going on. I, personally, would begin fading into the black farther out than you did to bring a little more "pshawww!!" into the graphic, but I'm sure you did it for a reason.

Michii learn new style. Michii don't know if she like. You tell. D< /cavewoman

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Michii learn new style. Michii don't know if she like. You tell. D< /cavewoman

It's not bad! The colors are really nice, and blend well together (except for that little but of orange in top left corner). The render is a little blurry, and I can't really tell where I'm suppose to look. The text... um, yeah. The text needs a little bit of work. I can't tell what it says, which is never a good thing.

It's a nice attempt at a new style, though. With a little more practice, you'll have it mastered.

Haven't really made anything in a while, but I almost died when I saw this render. (which is kind of funny considering it's not even that great a render). It's not completely finished, but I wanted some input as to whether I should give up on it or not. So, uh... yeah; here. *chucks banner*

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Take those nasty rounded borders off… take the wavey effect to the left side too.
    Change the composition of the red and orange effects.
    Also that render is actually awesome.

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
  • Ritsuki: I disagree, I think the wavy effect on the left looks nice. I really like the simplicity of the whole thing, it's easy on the eyes. The wavy effect goes quite well with her body shape giving it a nice flow. What I don't like about it, however, is that it seems a bit too square for me. It's probably just me being weird and being used to just signature tags, but I'd prefer it wider and not quite as tall. I'm also a bit unsure of the patterns inside the wavy effect bit. :3

Sorry if that's a lttle subpar for a rating.

I'm kinda new to graphics, so if it sucks then that's why. XD

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • @Necromancy If you're new to graphics, I must say that it's pretty amazing for a beginner :)

Great borders, very nice colors and it's got great composition. One thing I really like about it, is that I can feel movement in it.. But the left side needs something in the background.. try C4Ds may. Or just add text, but be careful with that, as text can sometimes kill banners xD

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
  • Twinx - That's what those bluey green things are. XD It was really bland before, so I looked for a decent C4D and played around with it. That's also what the slopey thing next to Gengar is. Thank you for the compliment, I thought people might not be very impressed because of how awesome everyone else's are. :P

Silverwings-Lumina

Ravenbound Evolution
    Years
  • I'll just rate Necromancy's, since the above is... Empty. :3
    I like the effect of the Gengar most XD It reminds me of the move Scary Face >> I don't really like the black heart at the bottom left corner though (Maybe it's just me ><) I feel that it's getting in the way. The shade of purple in the background's nice, too. =D It feels so soft and warm X)
    Overall: 9/10 (It's the Gengar effect... It's awesome O_O)
    Continue working hard. The more you make, the more experience you have and the better it gets! :] (I can't say that, but I did, because I'm also a beginner XD)
    Rate? XPP

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    ^ I dunno, it's just... not my style. It's nice, in its own right, but it's just... cliche. I won't go into detail, because then I'd be being rude.

8.75/10.

First banner! (I know the text sucks; I saved it as PNG without saving it as a photoshop file, and as such can't remove it >_>)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back