• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFire's[Inside]

Too. Damn. Smexy.
Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    [Ignored]

Gummy: 8.9/10

+ Focal Point is great
    + Flow = Ridonculous
    + Text is simple, yet brilliant. Brilliant Simplicity.

- Half-clip border would be much appreciated [this isn't a time to go without it]. D:

Mine turn...

Tried focusing on paths...
    [Text made from scratch- very prideful in this]

..PandA.CharadE..

CUPCAKES :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009
    Perhaps make it a little more colorful? The grunge vector brushes(if that's what you call them) you used doesn't seem to match your render. I think you need to blend the render in a little bit more.

Rate my signature? :3

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • You don't have a signature to rate... so I'll rate someone else:

@TF: Nice to see some friendly faces! =)
    I think I've seen this one of yours before but I'm not sure. I like how one side boarder is slightly larger than the other one, nice job. You have a really interesting, plain, focal here and I think it looks good. Your text, though bold, somehow doesn't bring my attention away from the focal and has some fairly good effects.... I do agree with PandA CharadE- you need maybe just ONE more color in their. Maybe bring out the yellow some more (good work using a flare of complimentary color over your text). Loving the splatter effects.

Here's mine, probably not as good as I could have done. For some reason my Ctrl+Z wasn't working and I couldn't use the menu undo either, so the swirly effects on the right side of Snake look awful (at least to me)

..PandA.CharadE..

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009
    I don't really see anything wrong with the first one.
    For the second one, i think you should blend the images and the text more.

No sig? That's weird.. I just put up a sasuke sig in there..Guess i'm doing something wrong..

Edit: I see. You need to upload it from the internet...

..PandA.CharadE..

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009
    Oh.. Yes. Lol. Sorry. As with the sig, i don't really see anything wrong with it :) Here's my sig now..I finally got it to show.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • @ PandA CharadE

Why not just put it in your post?

Well, it's a bit plain. You kind of overdid it with the splatters, so maybe some other types of effects, like maybe some swirls or c4d. imo your text placement is horribly wrong: I'd suggest either the top right or bottom left. It might just be my gamma, but overall it looks a bit washed out...
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Probably not my best, but hey:

Last edited:

..PandA.CharadE..

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009
    Actually it's just my first try at making a sig so you can expect that. Thanks:) I'll try to improve on that,

About the signature...The smudging looks a bit..weird but overall it's great! :)

Oh yeah..Just to ask, is it allowed to post off-topic things here but still post something on-topic? Sorry. I'm new here..

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • GAA! I don't want my sig rated! I want the Orange Islands banner rated lolz

I figured you were new.
    It depends on what you're talking about. Unless it's a rate or a banner, I wouldn't post it. They guys in this thread can get pretty tough

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Panda did rate your banner...
    "About the signature...The smudging looks a bit..weird but overall it's great!"
    Did you bother to read the whole thing or did you just stop at signature?
    I don't see any smudging in your current signature.

Anyways, I do have to agree with Panda.
    Your smudging makes it look weird.
    It's too bright and has too many effects for me.

Also, maybe a better placement for Pikachu.
    It looks a bit weird, too.

It could do without the black splatter.
    - - - -

Last edited:

..PandA.CharadE..

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009
    About your signature Kanye...that is if you're having it rated.
    I think you need to balance the effects if you know what i mean..There are too many effects on the render but it's not really that obvious. Overall the sig is great :3
    Rate mine? This is my second sig ever so expect lots(maybe) mistakes....

Last edited:

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • @Kayashi - I like how you have the bright complimentary colors off of Neku's shoulder; the banner could use more of those other than blue and orange. The flow is also all messed up. The flow is clearly going \\ while your's is going \ and \/. The half tone and beams don't really go together. I'd stick to either one or the other or use the halftones in moderation.

@Dukey - The Haseo render really blends in too much with the background and the dupe isn't doing much for the tag as a whole. The grid brushes are unnecessary and look bad. The cinematic borders can be scrapped. Easy on the colors as well, as always, I recommend ColourLovers. Grays > reds in this case. Overall, I'd scrap this tag.

@noxious. - This isn't a horrible green tag but they never really work out. Overall it needs to be sharper and that text is blurry out of my freakin mind. I think the execution would be stronger if you darkened the area under the render(s) rather than having it be the same lightness as the render. It would add a lot of depth. Then maybe you should switch the darkness on the left with the light on the right.

@Ryusheika - Since you already submitted it, I won't rate it. ^^;

@RyuKun - Would look a lot better if it was a bit longer in the height department. Would also look a lot better if it was less grainy and had less tans and more reds/pinks to match Pidgeot. Can also do without the duplicate. Other than that, the effects are actually pretty nice and compliment the flow of the stock beautifully. Pretty nice job.

@Dukey - Man I'm getting sick of seeing this stock. -_- There's no flow going on; it's just splatter brushes + clipping mask/clone stamp. :\ Obviously it's lacking the basic aspects of a tag; depth, light, and flow. Light is all over the light source which is clearly false. Scrap the text and the black bar behind it. Truthfully, scrap it, unless you want to get some ideas from Conman's tag.

@Medieval - I really like the background but I'd like it even more if it was shades of blue so it complimented the stock and didn't blend perfectly. The random flowery texture doesn't do much for the tag as a whole unless it's implemented into the background. The overlayed border doesn't look so hot and the scanlines don't really either. The white stripe should also be scrapped and the text can be changed as well.

@Gummy - The first thing my eyes go to is the text, which I'm sure is not the intended effect. The stock's body gets lost in the background. The background could have a bit more attention paid to it rather than the effects. While the effects do look nice, it's not all that makes a tag.

@dewjr - I don't think you made that yourself, and it doesn't belong in here anyway.

@TF - Interesting composition. The uneven borders is driving me nuts along with the text. It would be best textless and borderless. It's not really even a vector tag. A vector tag is something like this. The effects are pretty random and don't cohere together. The grid in the background is whoa random. It would look a lot better if you kept the effects on the bottom and got rid of them on the top.

@Swampert - The first tag is not too great. It's way too dark (LEVELS!) and the effects are bland and simple. The text is also sub par and should be scrapped. If you want the focal to be the barrel of the gun, make the effects there brighter and slightly blur Snake so your eye goes there instead of all over the tag. As for the second one, it kind of makes me want to cry. The text is also sub par here. I don't know why you decided to blur Pikachu but honestly, it looks bad. If you're trying to get a sense of movement/flow... that's not the way to do it. The black splatter over Pikachu needs to go. Basically... scrap this. Or read some tutorials or something. We have a sticky. ;_;

@Kanye - There's a lot of effects going on and Jack gets lost quickly. The colors need some work (COLOURLOVERS!!!!) and it could use more of a background. The depth is fairly decent and the flow is good but the light is everywhere. If you changed the colors and got rid of a few of the effects it would be pretty nice.

@Panda - I'm not really understanding the sheet music in the background if this isn't about music. Having the stock on the side of the tag detracts attention from it because the effects start to dominate the canvas. Your colors need work and the tag overall is lacking basic concepts (light, flow, and depth). I already posted a depth tutorial, maybe people should read it. :x Try reading some tutorials to boost your skills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a little something to help Ryusheika~ I'd still like to get it rated. I'm tired of doing all these rate sprees with no benefit.

I want more than one rate on this one!!!

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Just a little something to help Ryusheika~ I'd still like to get it rated. I'm tired of doing all these rate sprees with no benefit.

I want more than one rate on this one!!!

Woahtf, CME. What a fricken post. I had to spend more of my life deleting half of it. Ok, so first off, I'd like to say that I love the idea you have going on in the background with the swirls and rainbows and stars. It's really cute. However, I'd like to se a little more of it. What I assume to be x's on the right side of the stock look a little too hidden to me, and I'd like to see them out some more. The tan-gray background seems a bit dull color wise, and I think some color soft brushed on screen or lighten would be a nice touch. On a much more positive note, I love the blurring on the left side, as it brings the image out a bit more. While I'm befuddled by the small light source in the middle, it's perfectly placed and brings a bit more contrast into the image. It's not one of my favorites, but it has some really nice stuff going on. GIVE ME YOUR BRUSHESANDTEXTURESANDTALENTOHMY

NOT A FREE POST. RATE CME'S BANNER!

..PandA.CharadE..

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009

@Panda - I'm not really understanding the sheet music in the background if this isn't about music. Having the stock on the side of the tag detracts attention from it because the effects start to dominate the canvas. Your colors need work and the tag overall is lacking basic concepts (light, flow, and depth). I already posted a depth tutorial, maybe people should read it. :x Try reading some tutorials to boost your skills.[/size]

Thanks a lot CME. Is there any tutorial for colors? And could you mind posting a link to your depth tutorial? I can't find it anywhere.. And the sheet music, i thought of putting it there since her hat has a note XD

Gabri

m8
    Years

• Let's see: All those effects around the render match very well with the whole tag's flow. I love those coloured little stars and rainbows. However, I think that the background would look a bit better if it had some more colouring, and I agree with Michii about those "X"s, or whatever they are; They're a bit too hidden.
    The light source is well placed. The splatter brush (is it?) on the guy's arm gives a nice effect. The blurring on the left side is nice, too.
    Another thing I like about this tag is that it isn't too bright or too dark.

Rate the banner in my signature please.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years

• @ Medival; It's an okay banner. Kind of bland; which I like, and the effect at the corners are great. I'm not fond of Lelouch though, but I won't count of for that. Overall it's pretty well done. I suggest making the border dark gray instead of black. (Not to dark gray or it'll look black)

Rate this banner I made for my SPPf account:

Version 2: (The change is that I added a gradient)
    Spoiler:

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • @Nytkoi - i like the banner, nice and smple with a good background. but that could be a bad thing because you could argue that It's too simple and you couldn't really call it a graphic. I like the theme, however.

Can you rate the banner and which avatar you think is better

-Banner

Which avatar do you think is better?

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • @Medieval - You did a nice job of bringing the attention and focus to Lelouch's face. However, the banner is pretty plain. Just a couple of effects here and there. Some coloring could've been done to the stock to make it pop a bit more. Some light would create some nice contrast, as well.

@Nytkoi - The first version is better because it's slightly darker. It doesn't really look like much was done to it in general, maybe just some saturation and a bit of selective coloring. The text fits nicely and I like the stroke around it (hah, how often is it that I like the text on something?). However, the @ symbol looks out of place. I know that font doesn't have one but that doesn't mean you can't improvise. You always can duplicate the symbol and nudge it so it appears to look like the font and you can fill in the gaps manually with the brush tool. Just so it doesn't look so out of place. I just would've liked to see something more done to the image.

@Sweet Speed - I'm not sure if you were trying to sneak that duplicate to look like the part of the map or what but it's pretty obvious and it doesn't look too great. The background just looks like a manipulated map of whatever region with a little motion blur/random sharpening. Some other effects could've been done to this and it would've looked a lot better if you did them. The text normally wouldn't be fantastic (well, it isn't) but I guess for the simplicity of this banner it fits. As for the avatar, go with the second one.

-----------------------------------------------

For this week's SOTW.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • I don't know if this is spam of not ;;
    I kind of don't know what else to do to it. I'm still clueless about adding a light effect/lightsource. And Anything else that looks good with saturation. -.-;;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back