• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Wow that's a very nice banner imo. Dod you use a C4D render? Because it looks like you did, if I recall correctely that's Silmeria from the Valkyrie Profile series. Although I said I liked it I don't personally like the fact that you've made it so jumpy, I don't personally like extreme effects and usually just prefer a simple banner. =/

Feel free to rate this :D

Your banner is good!

My first Banner =) Feel free to rate!

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    olol i haven't been here in a while <n>

Its really empty
    and the C4D's aren't very fitting imo
    and are kinda distracting from the focal, and im not too sure about that border like thing on the left

and

suggestions, comments, suggestions etc?

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • Kaiyorz is back for some graphikz tweakz =D

Just dropping in, haven't been on in a while.

My internet is stuffing up, so I can only see half of the first banner so I'll rate that ;)

A little plain and monotone for me? It's alright, the main reason I don't like it is because I'm not into that style of tag, Maybe try and add something? like contrast the colour some more. Not sure what you can do with it.

Okay then, my turn? Bare with me, I have a new computer, so I don't have any resources, and because of my internet right now, can't download any.
    And also I just got PS CS4 ;) (Well actually the whole suite) so just thought I'd make a tag, since I was watching some FMA ;P

It's a bit messy I know, Love it, hate it, criticize it.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Too lazy to do a multiple rate, so I'll only rate one.

@Kaiyori: I don't think it's messy o_o Overall I like it, but I think that the BG could be not white, maybe a very light gray? (This is just me, I think that it'd be a little better, but the white's alright anyways) Well the clipping masks are okay, such as those three horizontal lines, but what I like most is those Edward-shaped things that you turned into a single colour and moved a bit to the right... well you know what I mean :P The scanlines are a nice effect in there, such are those red flicks on the right. The text is well positioned. You did a good work on this one.

CraploadBanner for rating is the one in my signature.

Last edited:

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • @ percentage: I like both of them, especially the second one. :] The only thing I would change is maybe you could use more textures and brushes, and outline the text so it shows up better. 8/10 for both of them.

EDIT: Oh, here's one to be rated.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Temaki, nice, the only bad thing I can see is that the background text became a little to light but well what do I know I suck whit text and if it weren't that light I bet it would destroy the rest off the picture : ) I give it a 9,5/10 : )

Somone pliz tell me something about my current one : )
    I know I don't have any text and that is cuz I suck whit text and I do not post most of my pictures that have text : )

If anyone have a tutorial whit text or something I accept it whit a smile x )

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well it looks nice quite simple, but I think it's a little dark, try to add some lighting effects, add some c4ds n' stuffs, brushes, pen tool and so on a so forth.
    I think they have it one tutorials thread. Try to look. =]

----------------------
    Rate my siggy please. :]

Years
  • I like it, 9/10

Part of a theme I was doing..

Hmm, lemme see. I'm still learning about reviews and such so, I'll try this. x..x

1st banner -- Okay, well, there's not much of a focal point here, now is there? =o And depth ... I don't see much depth put into this banner. And flow ... I'm not sure, but did you make is so that the c4d would be the flow? o..O The tex is okay, but there could be improvements. Maybe, drop shadow effect would be a nice effect for the text? And, I'm not really sure if there's any lightsource. To me, this is banner is a little plain. The thing I like about it, is the theme colors you used.

2nd banner -- Ah, okay, there's a light source here. ^..^ Err, I'm pretty confused with the flow. The render, kinda sticks out weird. Have you tried, maybe, smudging with the render? =o I think it could be a good idea. The text here, well, try another font and text style. Try adding outlines to your text, or the drop shadow effect. The theme color is okay, but eh, still plain to me. And, again, I don't see much of a focal point, since there's mot much depth to it. I think depth makes it easier for people to see the focal point in a banner. Again, that's all I have.

Yeah, maybe I'll come here again to review someone else's banner. >..o;

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years

• Hmm, lemme see. I'm still learning about reviews and such so, I'll try this. x..x

1st banner -- Okay, well, there's not much of a focal point here, now is there? =o And depth ... I don't see much depth put into this banner. And flow ... I'm not sure, but did you make is so that the c4d would be the flow? o..O The tex is okay, but there could be improvements. Maybe, drop shadow effect would be a nice effect for the text? And, I'm not really sure if there's any lightsource. To me, this is banner is a little plain. The thing I like about it, is the theme colors you used.

2nd banner -- Ah, okay, there's a light source here. ^..^ Err, I'm pretty confused with the flow. The render, kinda sticks out weird. Have you tried, maybe, smudging with the render? =o I think it could be a good idea. The text here, well, try another font and text style. Try adding outlines to your text, or the drop shadow effect. The theme color is okay, but eh, still plain to me. And, again, I don't see much of a focal point, since there's mot much depth to it. I think depth makes it easier for people to see the focal point in a banner. Again, that's all I have.

Yeah, maybe I'll come here again to review someone else's banner. >..o;
    Ana you didn't leave a banner for me to rate... ;;

I rated a banner for yoiu earlier tonight on aim, so that will have to do.. :D

Can anyone rate this piece of *bleep*

Not my best work... I was aiming for vector... Don't know if I got vector...

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    percentage%: No. That wasn't a rate. Not even in the slightest. I could even count that as spam if it really came down to it, but when you rate someone's graphic in this thread, you need to add substance. Tell them WHY you like it, WHY you gave them that number, etc. Not some halfassed "I like it" that I could copy and paste to any other graphic in this thread.

Anastasia.R: You need to rate the banner above you at the very least, even if you're rating other people's stuff as well. You should always read the post above to see whether the above poster said something about rating something in their signature or something, which is what Autumn Star asked.

Angela: I don't know where to start. D: The text- the font- it's... bad? The weird clash brushes in the background feel strange, and you've seriously overdone it with layer properties. Lose the outer glow on Yoruichi, lose the drop shadow on the brushwork, lose that weird purple thing sticking out of her butt and the subsequent orange and black things that are underneath it... Lose the text.... Blah, I just don't like it at all. Add some color adjustments....? I think the one and only thing you really nailed in this tag is your placement. Yoruichi's placement is excellent- and placement of your focal means everything, so it's definitely a step up. Keep working on it- I'd suggest for you to start trying to keep your stuff simple, since you seem to like to overdo things, but I do recommend you start trying out some color adjustments. Your colors in this tag look pretty bland.

Years
  • Well it looks nice quite simple, but I think it's a little dark, try to add some lighting effects, add some c4ds n' stuffs, brushes, pen tool and so on a so forth.
    I think they have it one tutorials thread. Try to look. =]

----------------------
    Rate my siggy please. :]
    Okay, let me see ...
    I like the banner, if you ask me. The pen tool/outline effect looks nice. Render is pretty nice. The text, I think is a little odd. =o I know it says "gun", but the text color or effect makes it look weird. There's not much of a focal ponit, is there? Well, some good banners don't have much of a focal point. ^..^; Overall, it's a pretty neat banner.

Anastasia.R: You need to rate the banner above you at the very least, even if you're rating other people's stuff as well. You should always read the post above to see whether the above poster said something about rating something in their signature or something, which is what Autumn Star asked.

Okay, I did it now. =x
    Neat banner. It has pretty neat colors. =] The background, is ... okay. I mean, I don't have much to say about it. The text looks like it goes well. Is the focal poinon the render, by the way? =o I just wanted to know. xD I don't really see what wrong with it. It's neat, nice colors used, yeah, maybe that's it. XD

23Q

Years
  • sorry ooka, ii believe i am not really qualified to be rating yet. =/

EDIT: :O, Well i have to rate it =/ Well im gonna say great use of flow, the lighting redirects the eyes towards the render
    but if you look closely you can see its pixelated on the renders hair. The background is like a shatterd glass behind the render and it suits it completley.
    sorry if this was not what your after =/

Please rate mine?

Last edited:

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • sorry ooka, ii believe i am not really qualified to be rating yet. =/

EDIT: :O, Well i have to rate it =/ Well im gonna say great use of flow, the lighting redirects the eyes towards the render
    but if you look closely you can see its pixelated on the renders hair. The background is like a shatterd glass behind the render and it suits it completley.
    sorry if this was not what your after =/

Please rate mine?

Well it's pretty good, tho the render you used is pretty creepy.. I like the colours you used, I really don't see a flow in there, that might be improved.. And I get the feeling the banner is a bit empty, missing something.. The left side of it is pretty plain...

Please rate this for me.. :)

First banner made in PS using a render.. And C4D.. :D

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I like the use of your C4D... however the text would look better in a more sophisticated font, I think. I really like how the top layer seems transparent. It gives the banner a ghostly feel.

Yeah... nothing to rate atm. XD

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Ok please rate this... I know it's very big, and has a lot of empty space... But that's just because I'm using it for a forum... The reason there is so much space is so that the banner that comes behind it can be seen....

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • The Azelf render is really poorly done. The white around the edges is very unappealing.

This is my first attempt at a decent graphic design of any kind. I've just been looking at other good signatures and have tried to replicate some of the styles -

iReign

Banned
    Years
  • The Azelf render is really poorly done. The white around the edges is very unappealing.

This is my first attempt at a decent graphic design of any kind. I've just been looking at other good signatures and have tried to replicate some of the styles -

Well, it's pretty simple and seems like you just brushed and such. If you're going to do a text tag, I recommend just making the background transparent or something like that.

Well, I was playing around in Photoshop yesterday and:

Spoiler:

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Well, it's pretty simple and seems like you just brushed and such. If you're going to do a text tag, I recommend just making the background transparent or something like that.

Well, I was playing around in Photoshop yesterday and:

Spoiler:

Wow I love the light source on the last banner, and the text is just amazing the background looks really good and that render looks really good.

It looks like he's being shot or something...

Also out of the banners you have above, I like the top one the most because it has the most colour in it.. I don't really like how you cut away so much colour.. But it doesn't make them look worse.. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back