• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hidden Mythology [T] [IC]

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Obviously his answer had made Jason uncomfortable. That had not been Rexa's intention, and it irked him when his own situation made others pity him. But he just shrugged. "I'm sure it's not exactly safe, but then again, neither is Pyewacket. Besides. The Pokemon in this area aren't too strong. If I'm slow and careful enough I could probably successfully catch one with my bare hands. Not that I'm going to be so stupid as to try that."

At Jason's offer he tapped Pyewacket's ball with his fingernail thoughtfully. "I think I can handle it, though if you don't mind sticking around just long enough to make sure I don't get mauled I would appreciate it."

With that he crept with surprising stealth toward the underbrush. He knew there was a nest of Taillow nearby, and he wouldn't mind having one of those on his team. The bandages on his arms made them stiff, but he tried to ignore that. He would just have to make up in stealth what he lost in speed.

The chirping in the trees grew quiet as he approached them. The birds saw him and knew he was there, but he may just have a chance. Slowly Rexa lowered himself to the ground and leaned against the tree, his eyes closed. He knew from experience wild Pokemon were often curious about humans, and if he stayed still and nonthreatening long enough one might come close enough for him to catch it. He wanted a Taillow, but at this point he would take just about anything. As quietly as he could he removed his bag again and withdrew from it a minimized Pokeball, which he hid in his palm. It was out of sight, and it would probably not deter anything curious enough to check him out. Now all he could do was wait.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years

Catherine *Kat* Primrose
Chapter 1
- Twinleaf Town and its outskirts-
Ani390MS.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

" Turning a new leaf!"
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

"How much time until it gets fixed?" Kat asked popping her head out of the car's window.

"I cannot say anything for the moment miss. Out of all the days it could have broken down…it happened today. " A middle aged man in an impeccable suit replied from behind the front hood of the car.

"Don't worry Lucas, it's still early." She said and then went back in the car. Kat had traveled by car from her hometown, due to her father's nagging about the wild being too dangerous without a pokemon. And to make things worse, even though she couldn't wait to see the other cities along the way, she somehow dozed off on the backseat of the car and by the time she woke up the car was motionless. Now Kat has to wait until Lucas, her driver, manages to find the problem with the car's engine. "Guess this will take some more time…why not listen to some music. " Kat thought and made her way to the front seat of the car and turned the radio on. A little bit of music would make time flow easier.
My Miltank brings all the trainers to the yardAnd they're likeIt's better than yours the girl started singing as soon as the tune came up on the radio.

"Acting like a real lady I see!" Lucas said opening the door to the car. His hands were all covered in oil and he managed to get some on his chin as well.

"
They lose their mind The way I wind … Lucas, a lady has to know how to act according to the situation. This situation has its demands. " she giggled knowing that Lucas was only teasing her. Everyone from the mansion knew that Kat loved to live life to its fullest. " Here, wipe that off your chin!" offering Lucas a tissue That she had in her bag.

"Why thank you my lady. Always prepa…." But before he could finish his sentence a really loud helicopter flew over them, disrupting the quaint and peaceful surroundings near Twinleaf Town. From what Kat could see the helicopter went straight towards the city and landed there.

"I wonder why it flew all the way to this part of Sinnoh." Kat asked puzzled.

"Leaving that aside, I've found the problem to the car. The bad news is that the part that is faulty needs to be changed. I've called a mechanic company nearby but they will only be here in two hours." Sitting down in the driver's seat.

"Well then that settle's it. I'm gonna walk the rest of the way." Kat said as she opened her door and sprung out of the car.

"But miss Catherine. There's still about twenty minutes until you'll reach the city and you do not have a pokemon yet."

"I'll manage somehow. If I stick to the main road I'll be sure to get there safe." Kat said taking her bag from the car.

" But miss…" the driver said getting out from the car.

" No buts Lucas. You know that sooner or later we would have departed. Plus you that I should act like a lady and a lady never arrives late." She explained as she walked up to the driver. "Thank you for always driving me everywhere. " were her words as she hugged him tightly.

"It was a pleasure my lady. Now stay safe and don't forget to be careful." he said with a smile.

"Now you're starting to sound like dad. " and with that she took her first step away from the car and Lucas.

"Ha ha…don't forget to call from time to time." He yelled waving at the girl that was starting to fade into the distance.

Kat gave a simple wave back with a bright smile. It had begun, her journey into this vast world had officially begun. She was free to roam the region and explore every inch of it without any kind of supervision. As much as this thought brought joy to Kat, it also left a bitter taste…she know realized that she was going to be away from her comfort zone. "Ok snap out of it!" she said to herself. " It's not like this wasn't bound to happen. And more than that, my freedom is at stake here. " thinking at the deal she made with her father. It seems this journey was going to be really interesting for the young girl. All in all she was happy that she had the chance to go on a journey of her own, a journey that will help her grow…

As Lucas stated, Kat arrived at the edge of Twinleaf town in no more and no less than twenty minutes, after walking in a straight line through the route which didn't cause the young girl any trouble. As she took her first step in the town she was greeted by a warm breeze filled with a fresh scent of leaves. She walked along the main road of the town in search of a sign or some info on how to get to her destination, more exactly to Professor Fir's house. As she reached the heart of the city, Kat found herself lost and had no idea where to head to. Seeing as things weren't going to progress if she just sits there she went towards a nearby bench where an old woman was feeding some Starly with what looked like bread crumbs.

"Excuse me mam, I've just arrived in town and don't know my place around these parts. " Kat said as the old lady raised her head towards her.

"That's a problem dearie. How can I help you?" she asked putting the bag of crumbs next to her.

"Could you show me the way towards Professor Fir's house? I'm supposed to meet him there."

"Oh a starting trainer I see. Well you should take a right here and after a bit of walking you'll get to his place. It's a normal house that has a lab next to it."

" Thank you very much. I'll be on my way then. Good bye!"

"Good bye and good luck!" the woman said as Kat started walking in the direction he was instructed. " Oh how long it's been since I was in her shoes. " she giggled.

After a few more minutes Kat had reached her destination. Thanks to the old woman she had no problem getting there. Professor Fir's house looked just like any other but had a comforting look to it despite having the high tech lab next to it. She walked towards the house when out came a middle aged man holding a tower of books and papers that covered his range of vision. He took a few steps on his porch without any problem, but when he reached the first step down he tripped and fell, his stuff flying all over the grass, right in front of Kat's feet.

"Haha guess I've overestimated myself." The professor said seeing the young girl trying to suppress her giggles.

"Let me help you." Kat said as she started to pick some books off the ground.

"Thank you. You must be miss Primrose if I'm not mistaken." As he sorted some papers.

"Yes I am. Kat Primrose here to get my starter kit."

"Well I think we've got everything." He said looking around for any book or piece of paper that might have been missed by the two. " Follow me to the lab and we'll get started. " he said.

Soon enough the two were inside the lab, surrounded by computers and some high tech devices that might have taken to much to explain. Despite all this, after putting down the stuff on a nearby table, all that Kat could think of was when would Professor Fir bring her kit. He went through a metallic door and asked the girl to wait for his return.

"Here it is my dear!" the professor said as her pushed the door opened with one hand as the other was busy holding the kit. " Now in here you have your Pokedex, five empty Pokeballs and a Potion since you're a fresh trainer. Of course it also has the most important part, your very first Pokemon." Handing her the starter kit.

Kat's face was gleaming with excitement as she was hearing the explanation. "Do you mind if I open it now?"

"Be my guest. The wait must have been nerve wrecking." He laughed as Kat opened the kit and got her Pokemon's pokeball.

She looked at the little ball and with a deep breath pushed the button on it releasing a bright beam of energy towards the ground. The energy converted into what looked like an orange chimpanzee pokemon that was staring curiously at Kat.

"It's a Chimchar!! How awesome!!!" Kat said with a big smile. While she had a basic knowledge about pokemon she didn't really know a large number of them, however, Chimchar was one of the pokemon that Kat had grown fond of. " It's nice to finally meet you!" Kat said getting down to the pokemon's level holding her hand towards it.

"Char." The pokemon said as he got closer to the girl. " Chim Chimchar!!!" the then responded shaking hands with the girl.

"From the looks of it the little fellow likes you." The professor said as he saw Chimchar smiling at the girl. " You should give him a nickname. That is if you want to. " he added. But before Kat could agree or disagree the professor continued. " Leaving that for later, as you surely know I want you to travel around the region and document any bit of information about the myths of this region. It may sound boring at first but I hope you'll give it a chance and most important not abandon your duty.

" I'll carry it till the end professor, I promise." Kat replied. " But is it ok if I challenge some gyms along the way as well?"

"It's perfectly fine as long as you get your work done. It's your first journey after all. " the professor said with a warm smile on his face.

"Awesome. Then if that's everything we'll be taking our leave." The girl said looking towards her pokemon.

"Ok dear. Good luck on your journey and don't hesitate to call me when you find something interesting."

"Thanks and I'll make sure to do that. " she replied with a giggle as she pushed the door of the exit. Chimchar looked as anxious as Kat to get out in the open, being cramped in a ball for weeks hadn't really been to his liking. His trainer looked like a good girl that gave him a feeling that this journey was going to be a great one. Side by side with her Chimchar, Kat took her first step into the world as a fully-fledged trainer. A trainer that now was heading back to route 201.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Route 201
Chapter 1: Dawn of a New Beginning
Alex Ganston

Turt...Turtwig... Alex wearily opened his eyes, rubbing the crust that was starting to cake near his eyelids. "...What're you doing...?" He emotionlessly said. He looked up at the sky. There were fluffy clouds floating in the light blue sky. Alex lay there for a few moments, realizing he had just fell asleep. I don't really feel like getting up... He continue to lay there, as Turtwig trotted by, nudging his shoulder with his nose. "What do you want...?" He said, still focused at the sky. Turtwig gave a low mumble of sorts, and sat next to Alex's head. "You know, I should probably give you a name, for some personality." He turned his head, now focusing on the little green turtle. "Hmmm...let's see....you're green colored...." Alex wasn't so good with names, so it took him a while to think of something. "How about Greeny? I know it's not the toughest name in the world, but then again you're not exactly the toughest Pokemon either." Turtwig just looked at him with his head turned, still clueless as ever. "I'm gonna take that as a yes." Alex reached to his to pick up the water bottle which was sitting next to him, taking a few sips while laying down. Some water had dripped down the side of his face, with a little bit drizzling on his shirt. Maybe we should get going...I know Fir asked other people to do this 'mythology' thing too, and I really don't want the others making me look like a loser...

Suddenly, he heard footsteps coming down the dirt path that led to Twinleaf Town. Alex lay on the grass hillside, and just turned to his side to see who it was. Surprisingly, it someone around his age who had a little red Pokemon following her, which Alex recognized as Chimchar. One of the 'others' Fir asked? Alex continued to qatch as they walked past. Greeny however, had other plans. He eyed the Chimchar, moving his head like it was the first time he had seen another Pokemon. Turt... "What...?" Alex said, looking as Greeny started to walk towards the Chimchar from behind. Alex didn't say anything, as he had no clue what Greeny was doing. In that instant, the little green turtle jolted towards the Chimchar, and started to give out what seemed to be cries of joy. Turt! Turtwig! Greeny jumped in front of the girl and Chimchar, and started to run around in circles. It nudged her Pokemon and ran away for a short distance before coming back, almost as if he were trying to tell the Chimchar to play a game of tag.

Alex quickly got up from the grass and whipped on his backpack, running towards them on the dirt path. "Hey, Greeny! Stop it!" He yelled at Greeny who stopped immediately when Alex scolded him. He reached the small group, and turned to look at the girl. "Sorry, he's new. I guess he just got excited at the sight of finding another Pokemon to play with." Alex laughed, bending down to pat Greeny. Alex looked at the red-haired girl, and then her Pokemon. It's likely she came from Fir's lab as well. He got back up. "So, you came from Professor Fir's lab as well?" He said pointing at the Chimchar, signalling that she had probably gotten it from Twinleaf Town. "Oh yeah, I'm Alex by the way. Alex Ganston." He then looked at Greeny. "And this is Greeny, my Turtwig."

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Route 201
"Oh," so... she wanted a friend? A companion? Well, Birdie himself had no idea what he was doing either, he just looked at his PokéDex before he set off. It was always a good idea to know your tools before you use them, y'know. But maybe... a friend to talk to (who could talk back) wouldn't seem like such a bad idea. But then again...

If there was something Birdie wanted to do, he wanted to try it on his own. He wanted to prove that he was worth something, and not by relying on another when push came to shove. A friend seemed like a good idea, but right now, at the beginning of his journey, Birdie wanted to build some of his courage and strength before he could ask to borrow it from others.

"Well," he glanced at Ruby, who just stared back at him again. Gee whiz, she was useful. "I... kind of want to be by myself for just a little bit, sorry. But... if you like, we can exchange numbers. You can call me if you ever forget how to use your PokéDex," he added a chuckle at the end, pulling his mobile phone out of his pocket and handing it to the girl to type her number into.

"My name is Sam, by the way," he said with a warm smile. "Or Birdie. My friends call me Birdie."​

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Route 201

"Well," he glanced at his Riolu - wasn't her name Ruby? - who just stared back at him again. "I... kind of want to be by myself for just a little bit, sorry. But... if you like, we can exchange numbers. You can call me if you ever forget how to use your PokéDex," he chuckled, handing her his mobile phone. "My name is Sam, by the way," he adding, smiling at her as she stood in shock. "Or Birdie. My friends call me Birdie."

Karly looked down at the phone desperately and then back at Sam-- er, Birdie. Did he seriously just reject me? What do I usually do in this situation? ... Oh wait, I can't beat people up anymore. "I... I wasn't just talking about my Pokedex, okay? I have no idea how to raise a Pokemon, period. I've never had any experience with a Pokemon in my life outside of seeing them. You can't just leave me all alone out here! I'll end up getting myself, I don't know, lost or... or something worse that I can't think of right now. Come, please just help me. I won't hold you back at whatever you want to do and I won't argue. Even though I seem kind of rude I'm really a nice person if I try. Come on Sa-- Birdie, please." She gave her best sad eyes in order to convince him, throwing in the desperate "begging hands."

Buizel stared down Birdie intensely. What was his Trainer thinking? This guy was a new as she was. They'd only slow each other down. Rubbing his head, Buizel reconsidered for a bit. Maybe less injuries would come of this, and if anything that's all that Buizel wanted. But having to deal with two newbies? Not a chance. That was even riskier. Buizel hastily shook its head at Birdie, attempting to discourage him.​

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Cynthia

the gates are closed

Cynthia closed her eyes as she tried to feel the subtle blow of breeze across her face. Leaving her post as a Champion was certainly one of the hardest decisions she had to make in her whole career as a trainer, but it was a necessity. In order to further her knowledge, the confines of an establishment as big as the League must not hinder her. She cut off all her ties with the Pokemon League, relinquished her identity as the Champion to a less powerful, but the most worthy, trainer and immediately fled to her hometown in Celestic Town. The elders of the town, not a care given to the politics of the training world, welcomed her back with open arms. And now.

Her childhood in the town awakened her interest for the mythology of the region. Celestic Town could be considered as the only town in Sinnoh that remains trapped in the past. Along with the town, memories and lores were also trapped inside it, unable to keep up with the speed technology is running. And now.

She started at the beginning again. It has been a long time since she meditated with the duties and responsibilities of being the champion always on her shoulders. Now was just the perfect time to restart. She breath in deeply, taking in the scent of nature, hearing the sounds of the mountains. She sat atop a hill overlooking the town. It has a nice view to it and, unlike the other hills in the area, it is not plagued by the constant fog. To her right, the west, Mt. Coronet stood in all its majesty, its wilderness exposed to nature itself, totally unlike the southern part of the mountain where tunnels were drilled inside it. For transportation they said.

Another breath. Soon enough, Cynthia's mind was clear of everything. No championship, no Mt. Coronet, no fog. Just nothing. She stood up and took in another breath. Then another. Then she screamed, letting everything go.

"Everybody's style is different but yours. It's interesting," her grandmother, who was standing beside her all the time, smiled. Cynthia smiled back and said.

"I learned from the best. Let's start."

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years

Catherine *Kat* Primrose
Chapter 1
- Start of Route 201-
Ani390MS.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

"Almost there Chimchar." Kat said as she took a right around a house. The two had been walking along the main road of the town in hopes of reaching route 201. The girl decided to let her pokemon walk outside of its pokeball as the little chimp seemed to like taking the lead in front of Kat or jumping from fence to fence as their made their way. " Lively aren't you Chimch…." Kat paused. " I should really give you a nickname. " and she stopped in her tracks leaning on a wall. Chimchar stopped in the tree above the girl and was now hanging, with its head down, on the lowest branch so the two would be at eye level. "I don't know you very well, but I've decided to name you after a character in a book I enjoyed. How does Seth sound?"

"Chimchar!" the fire monkey burst happily. It was glad that his trainer gave him a name, a name just for him.

"Glad you like it." Kat smiled. "While we're at it let's see what info the Pokedex has on you. " she said as she pulled the Pokedex out from her bag. Kat started walking, flipping her Pokedex open. She pointed it at her Pokemon that swiftly decided to make a home out of Kat's shoulder. "Hmmm….chimp pokemon……oh here are your moves: Scratch, Leer and ThunderPunch!! Well aren't you a special pokemon!" she winked at him as she knew not many starter's had special moves.

"Char!" he replied punching his chest as a sign of superiority.

As the two reached the sign that announced the start of Route201, Kat had already put her Pokedex back and Seth was once again walking side by side with its trainer. The day was still young and the sun was shining onto the two who managed to get acquainted in the short period of time they spent making their way out of the town. However, just as the two started walking on the new route a green, turtle like pokemon burst out of nowhere and stopped in front of Kat and Seth. "Turtwig!" it greeted them but it didn't give nor Kat or Seth a chance to rely as it immediately started running all over the place.

"Isn't he lively!" she said turning over to her pokemon.

"Char!" the pokemon replied with a giggle, like he agreed with Kat. Chimchar didn't respond to Turtwig's taunts but enjoyed watching the pokemon try it's hardest.

Soon enough, a young boy, about Kat's age from the looks of it but much taller, shouted at the Turtwig to stop and just like hitting the switch to the lights the pokemon was now motionless. The boy gave them his apologies brushing it off with a laugh. " It's ok, don't worry. Like humans, pokemon have different personalities as well. " she replied looking at her own pokemon. Then, before Kat could ask anything, the boy took her words and inquired about coming from the professor's lab and then concluded with finally telling them their name.

"Yup, it took me a while to get there but things went quickly with the professor. And a pleasure to meet you, I'm Kat Primrose. " she presented herself leaving her full name out as she decided it would be too much of a drag to keep saying it on her journey. " And this here is Seth, my starter." She continued with a warm smile on her face. " So what are you doing still on the edge of the town?" Kat asked curious as Alex got his pokemon earlier and she managed to catch up to him.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Route 201
Chapter 1
Alex Ganston

"It's ok, don't worry. Like humans, Pokemon have different personalities as well." The girl spoke. "Yup, it took me a while to get there but things went quickly with the professor. And a pleasure to meet you, I'm Kat Primrose. And this here is Seth, my starter." She gave Alex a warm smile. "So what are you doing still on the edge of the town?" She asked him. Admittedly, Alex was slightly embarrassed. It was obvious he had gotten his Pokemon before Kat, and yet somehow she had managed to catch up with him. Darn, maybe dozing off wasn't the best idea...

"Well..." Alex scratched the back of his head. "After I got my starter from Professor Fir, this lady asked me to run an errand for her, and I sort of got caught up with that I guess..." He paused for brief moment. "...And then once I got to Route 201, I fell asleep on the hill over there. It wasn't until you came along that Greeny woke me up and ran to you guys." Alex said pointing at a grassy mound a little bit farther behind them. Alex stopped talking for a moment, and realized he may have been rambling on for a bit too long. "...So, are you headed towards Sandgem Town? You mind if I tag along? Besides, I think Greeny here is kind of getting attached to Seth." He said looking down at the Turtwig who was busy still trying to play around Seth, even after being scolded by Alex.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
64412_394921350613523_3888980_n.jpg
Ariadne Davis

Twinleaf Town

Ariadne smiled as she sat under a tree her brother David looking down at her. "Alright Ariadne, what did you get?" he asked excitedly, his Pokemon a Machop was next to him and like her brother looked excited yet had his arms crossed.

"alright, alright give me a minute David" Ariadne shook her head fondly as she put her trainer kit, which included 5 pokeballs, a potion, and a pokedex. After that was all put away she held up the pokeball containing her first Pokemon. "alright here he is" she said standing up as she called out her new Pokemon.

"Hippopotas!" the small ground type chimed happily upon seeing her and Ariadne grinned eyes glowing.

"Aren't you the cutest thing" she cooed as she saw David shake his head in amusement.

"great Pokemon sis" David smiled and hugged her. "I'll be leaving you here I have to get back to Oreburgh City to help in the mine." he said as the siblings stepped back from each other. "have fun on your journey and stay safe, also mom asked me to give this to you" he smiled and handed her a small purple case. "it's a ribbon case for your contest ribbons and contest pass when you get it"

"Thanls, and I will, you and Machop stay safe in the mine okay, and dad and Golem as well okay, also take care of Beth and the other kids okay." Ariadne said picking up her bag and putting the ribbon case in it.

"Will do sis, be sure to stop by the mine in Oreburgh to see me and dad." David said turning away and walking a few steps before looking back at his sister. "I know you'll do great in contests, we'll all be watching and cheering for you" with a final wave David returned his Machop and walked away.

"Well Hippopotas, just you and me now. Are you ready to start our journey" She said smiling, while her mind was spinning with the fact that everything she had was in odd numbers. Will have to fix that soon she thought. As Hippopotas responded enthusiastically she returned him to his Pokeball and put it in her bag. Once she had done that Ariadne smoothed her skirt and put the strap of her bag on her shoulder walking away from the tree and towards the entrance to route 201.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Route 201 (Part 5)
Jason Stafford
"I think I can handle it, though if you don't mind sticking around just long enough to make sure I don't get mauled I would appreciate it." Rexa seemed unfazed by the challenge that lay ahead and even though he blew it off and had said it would be easy, Jason was still sceptical and slightly worried about the boys recklessness.

"Yeah sure, I'll keep an eye out, don't worry!" Damn that didn't sound very convincing! Nice going genius! Jason thought to himself. He watched the boy sneek up on a nest of Taillow, Volt watching him too, appearing slightly confused as to what the boy was doing.

Shi, sh, shinx? Volt had a concerned look on his face, seemingly worried that Rexa was about to attempt something slightly dangerous.

"I'm lucky I have you Volt. If I didn't, I might have ended up with Pyewacket, who doesn't seem all that friendly and be in Rexa's position now...he's gunna be ok though...he'll be fine," Jason said, as much to inform Volt as to reassure himself Rexa would be ok.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Route 201
"Um..." Birdie exchanged a few looks with Ruby, to Buizel and back to the girl (she hadn't given him her name yet!) The Buizel seemed to think that she was maybe asking too much, but... she seemed rather, well, desperate. And as much as he wanted to do it alone, she seemed to need him more. And God forbid Birdie ever abandoned a person who needed his help. "Well, we are going the same way I suppose... I guess we could stick together until Jubilife?"

Birdie looked at Ruby again, as if he was asking permission. but again, she just blinked back at him. He hoped she wouldn't be so emotionless for the whole journey. That might get a little awkward.

"If that's okay with you," he added. "Does that sound alright?"​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Ariadne Davis

Route 201

As soon as she entered Route 201 Ariadne looked around excitedly. First things first, catch a new Pokemon. That will leave me with having everything in even numbers she thought, before realizing her error. that will still leave me with an odd number she thought sighing. "I'll figure out something" she muttered to herself as she looked around her. As she looked around she spotted a Starly in the grass. "Aww it's sooo cute" she cooed softly. Pulling out the Pokeball containing Hippopotas she called him out and smiled. "alright buddy are you ready to battle your first Pokemon" she said quietly so as not to draw the Starly's attention.

"Potas! Hippopotas!" her Pokemon responded just as quietly but eagerly.

"Alright Hippopotas I want you to..." she started but then realized she didn't know what moves her Pokemon knew. "maybe the Pokedex will tell me" she said to herself pulling it from her bag. Opening the device she pointed it at Hippopotas.

"Hippopotas, the Hippo Pokémon. It lives in dry places and covers itself in sand to protect against germs. It does not enjoy getting wet. This Hippopotas knows the moves Tackle, Sand Attack, and Sand Tomb"

"alright, Hippopotas I want you to use Sand Attack on Starly" she said excitedly. Hippopotas, looked from her to Starly before walking away from her side and closer to Starly. Once Hippopotas was close enough he released a smog of sand from its nostrils at Starly blinding it with sand. "Great now use Tackle!" Ariadne smiled.

Using the time while Starly couldn't see due to the sand Hippopotas charged at Starly and tackled it. Starly got up from the ground wiping the sand out of it's eyes with it's wings. "Ly! Starly!" it cried before responding to the attack by letting out a loud sharp screech making Hippopotas step back. so that's how Starly use Growl, interesting she thought.

"It's okay Hippopotas!" Ariadne said to her Pokemon as Starly flew at Hippopotas tackling him just like Hippopotas had done to it. "Shake it off Hippopotas" she said taking a deep breath. Her anxiety was starting to get to her. Just stay calm, just stay calm she thought clenching her hands into fists once, and then twice. That action calmed her slightly. "Hippopotas use tackle again!"

Hippopotas nodded and charged at Starly again faltering when the bird Pokemon let out another screech and Hippopotas stopped in his tracks. "You can do it Hippopotas! Don't be afraid." Hippopotas looked back at her, and then back at Starly before charging again and tackling it once more.

"Great job!" Ariadne called out, as Starly retaliated by tackling back. What was that third move Hippopotas knows she thought before cringing. odd numbersshe thought with a groan before remembering the move. "Hippopotas use Sand Tomb!"

Hippopotas glared at Starly and released a geyser of sand from the hole on his back. The sand flooded the area between the two Pokemon. Hippopotas was fine, but Starly was trapped in the sand. Ariadne could see it trying to fly up but it was unable to. "Alright tackle one more time." Hippopotas charged able to move easily through the sand and tackled Starly once more. It was after this that Ariadne pulled out a Pokeball and threw it at Starly. Starly was enveloped in a red light and the Pokeball shut and started shaking on the ground.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Route 201

"Um..." Birdie exchanged a few looks with Ruby, and then looked over at Buizel. Karly angrily eyed her Pokemon from the side, seeing very clearly that he disproved of it. Despite Buizel's discouraging attempts to scare away him away, Birdie agreed. "Well, we are going the same way I suppose... I guess we could stick together until Jubilife?"

Karly breathed a sigh of relief and chuckled again. "Yes, that would be fine. It'd be more than enough time to get this stupid training thing down." She stood up and rubbed the back of her head. "Well, now that that's settled - oh, here's your phone back." She handed the phone she had been clutching in her hands back to him (which was notably warm, if it may be added). "I suppose you've been itching to get to Sandgem, right? We should probably go there."

Buizel tugged on Karly's leg, pointing to his head with his other... arm. "Oh yeah, Buizel needs to go to the Pokecenter. He took a bad blow to the head. Y'know, from all that training!" She lied again, attempting to cover up her incompetency. Buizel facepalmed and shook his head once more. "Okay then, onto Sandgem!" She decreed.​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Ariadne Davis

Ariadne held her breath, releasing it when the Pokeball stopped shaking. "yes!" she cried out excitedly looking at Hippopotas. "That was amazing Hippopotas, I am so proud of the way you battled" she said. "now have a rest we'll heal you up at the Pokemon Center in Sandgem Town" she pulled out Hippopotas's Pokeball and called him back. After she did that Ariadne walked over to the Pokeball holding her new Starly. Picking up the Pokeball Ariadne called out her new Pokemon.

"Ly! Starly!" it called out weakly but glaring at her all the same.

"I'm sorry. I just thought you were so adorable I had to catch you" she said getting an idea to help her anxiety. Pulling out her single potion Ariadne sprayed it on Starly's wounds. "here this will make it all better" she cooed softly.

Starly upon realizing that Ariadne had healed her wounds chirped and nuzzled her hand. "Let's see what my pokedex says about you" Ariadne said pulling out her pokedex and pointing it at Starly.

"Starly, the Starling Pokémon. Starly normally travels in a flock, but when alone, it is hard to notice. This Starly knows the moves Tackle and Growl"

Putting the Pokedex away Ariadne smiled. "alright Starly, I hope we'll become great friends" she said calling Starly back to her Pokeball. As she stood Ariadne brushed her skirt off and sighed in relief. Even numbers of items, just great for me she thought continuing on the path to Sandgem Town.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years

Catherine *Kat* Primrose
Chapter 1
- Route 201-
Ani390MS.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

" Errand?!? How kind of you. " Kat complimented the boy. It's been ages since the girl witnessed an act of kindness in her social circle. " Well a work well done deserves a nice rest, or at least that's what I've heard. " she smiled and just when she was about to excuse herself the boy suggested that they should walk together along the new route. Seeing as it was her first time out in the open it seemed very good to have a travel partner…at least until the next town.

"Yes, I'm headed there." The girl said with a smile. " I don't mind at all and I wouldn't want to disappoint Greeny." she giggled looking at the little grass pokemon who was as energetic as can be. " Let's get moving then." Kat suggested as she took her first steps towards the new route quickly followed by her pokemon. The small path that lied ahead of them was surrounded by lush green grass that ended up being shaded by densely grown trees that filled the place. Kat took a deep breath of fresh air and could smell the scent of the trees, it was indeed a perfect day for the start of a journey and why not make friends or maybe rivals. "So why did you decide to become a trainer Alex?" Kat said turning her head towards the boy.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Route 201
Chapter 1
Alex Ganston

"Errand?!? How kind of you. Well a work well done deserves a nice rest, or at least that's what I've heard." Kat spoke. "Yes, I'm headed there. I don't mind at all and I wouldn't want to disappoint Greeny." She smiled and gave a giggle, looking at Alex's Turtwig. "Let's get moving then." She said as she started to walk down the path. Alex nodded in agreement, and jogged up a little to catch up with her. Well, at least it won't be so lonely now. He was kind of happy that she had agreed to travel with him, as it would ease the boredom of travelling to Sandgem by himself. She took a deep breath of air, and smelt the air. "So why did you decide to become a trainer Alex?" Alex looked at her but had no clue what to say. There was no particular reason for him becoming a trainer, but the main driving force was simply because he was interested after hearing stories about other people's travels.

"Well, I know it's not the most exciting reason, but I heard people say it's a lot of fun being a trainer and venturing out into the world." He gave a brief pause. "I was debating whether to go or not, because my mom would be all alone at home back at Jubilife, seeing as my father left and I don't have any siblings." He gave another pause. "But yeah, that's enough about me. What about you? Where are you from?"

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Route 201
"Okay then, onto Sandgem!"

"A-alright," Birdie looked longingly at the long grass. He wanted to get some training in, but getting this girl's Buizel healed seemed maybe more important. Like the girl had said, Birdie knew the closest Pokémon Centre was Sandgem (on account he and his brother had gone there a few times to heal their growing Starly). He gave the girl another smile and laughed quietly to himself. Did she say all that training? Didn't she ask Birdie just before how to find out a Pokémon's moves? She really wasn't fooling anybody. But he kept it to himself anyway.

"What's your name, by the way?" Birdie asked as he led the way. He did remember something crucial as they started to walk. The trip wasn't a long one to Sandgem, but there was something they had to keep in mind.

"Oh!" he stopped after a bit of walking, the long grass now presenting itself as an inevitable obstacle. "We have to go this. Please stay close to me, since your Buizel is hurt. If that's ok with you," he added politely.

He used his hands to spread apart a path and with Ruby a step behind him, braced himself and walked straight through. And even though he expected it, Birdie almost fell over in surprise when a Rattata hissed from under him.

"R-Ruby!" Birdie took a step back and let Ruby in front of him. He quickly pulled out his PokéDex, letting it register the Rattata's data. "Um, use Quick Attack!"

The Riolu obliged, taking swift jumps forward until she was almost invisible between steps, and rammed into the Rattata, forcing it back behind the grass behind it. It disappeared out of view and before Birdie could ask Ruby where it had gone, the rat came from behind Birdie, through his legs and rammed its own head into Ruby's back. She cried out and fell over to her knees, but didn't give up, getting back up to her feet, awaiting Birdie's next move.

"Use Crunch, I guess!"

Ruby bared her teeth (which Birdie thought would do not much damage at all, but he was proven very wrong) and lunged, clamping her chompers on the Rattata's backside. It wailed but Ruby refused to let go until the Rattata slumped, defeated.

"Nice work, Ruby!" Birdie gave her a affectionate nudge and approached the Rattata. "Sorry little guy. Nice effort, though."

The Rattata opened its eyes, immediately noticed the trainer and gave a hiss before skittering off into the grass. The rest of the long grass served no further hassles to the girl and Birdie and before they knew it, they had reached their destination.

Sandgem Town

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Route 201

"What's your name, by the way?" Birdie asked as they continued down the route. Karly mentally noted to herself that, yes, in all the confusion and hysteria of her begging, she had forgotten to state her name. Way to go, Karly.

"I'm Karly." She stated simply, her uncaring attitude quickly returning. She was at least glad to have someone to travel with for the time being, but Birdie seemed awful impatient for someone who looked to be somewhat collected, although he did do a good job of masking that. "With a K."

And so, the two made their way onward, until they came to the tall grass, when Birdie stopped suddenly. "We have to go through this. Please stay close to me, since your Buizel is hurt. If that's ok with you," he added politely. Karly felt the need to inform Birdie that she had gone to Sandgem town numerous times on her own, throwing rocks at any of the wild Pokemon that came at her (and maaaaaybe punching one or two), but she simply nodded. She didn't really need to do that anymore, and it was cute to watch Birdie try to be so brave.

Well, it was cute until there was an effing Ratatta that popped up out of living nowhere and scared her daylights out. "OH GOD!" Karly screamed as it jumped out, falling backwards and almost taking Buizel out with her. Karly propped herself up on her elbows, watching as Birdie and Ruby began to fight the Ratatta off.

But Karly had her own problems when she noticed that a rather aggressive looking Taillow was stalking towards her fallen self. "Um... n-nice Taillo-" The Taillow suddenly flew up out of the grass and came down on her, beak ready. And soon enough, Karly was being roughly poked in the arms by a deranged bird. "OH GOD AH AH AH AH BUIZEL AAAAAH BUIZEL DO SOMETHING USE ICY WIND OR SMACK IT OR SOMETHIGN AH AH AH AH!" Karly screamed, protecting her face with her arms, which were viciously being pecked away at.

Buizel rolled his eyes once again and let out a blast of freezing air that cascaded down over the angry Taillow, and soon enough, it fell to the ground, frozen in ice. Karly groaned and smacked her forehead.​

Sandgem Town

"Um... hello, how may I help you?" Nurse Joy asked, surveying both Karly and Buizel, the former who was highly irritated and covered in dirt, grass, and peck marks, and the latter, who was also highly irritated and had a small bump growing on top of its head.

"He needs his head fixed, I need my arms fixed. Taillow fight." Karly stated blankly, not in the mood to talk. As if her day couldn't get any worse.

Nurse Joy nodded, lifting Buizel down from the counter. "I'll take care of your Buizel, miss, and then I'll come fix your arms." She said with a smile, which was met by the same uncaring glance and a simple, "Hmph" before Karly went over to the waiting area and sat down.

"And you, sir?" Nurse Joy asked Birdie.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Sandgem Town
Sandgem Town was just as quiet as usual, with townspeople going about their daily lives. It was a little busier than Twinleaf Town, but still as Birdie remembered it since he was here last. With the influx of new trainers with Professor Fir, Birdie expected Sandgem to get a whole lot busier.

Birdie and his new aquaintance, finally introducing herself as Karly, made their way to the Pokémon Centre first off. The nurse was nice enough, polite and kind. After she had served Karly (who apparently had got into her own kind of trouble when Birdie and Ruby were fighting the Rattata), taking Buizel and asking Karly to take a seat. She then turned to Birdie.

"And you, sir?"

"Would you be able to please take my Riolu? We battled earlier and she got a bit hurt,"

"Sure," the nurse nodded, taking the PokéBall Birdie handed her and letting Ruby behind the counter. "Is that all?"

"No thanks, that's all, miss."

She took her leave and Birdie took his, walking back to the waiting area and sitting next to the slightly disgruntled Karly, giving her a small smile and a question to get her mind off any pain that she might have.

"So, uh, Karly," Birdie began, "where are you from?"​

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Sandgem Town

"So, uh, Karly," Birdie said as he sat down next to her, "where are you from?"

Karly really didn't want to talk while she was focusing most of her energy on her bleeding arms, but she had to be nice because she was basically pushing herself on this guy. "I'm from Floaroma Town. Y'know, that place with all those flowers and stuff? My parents have a Pokemon farm there that I used to... well, I didn't really help with the Pokemon, but I moved stuff around. They said that the flowers help relax the Pokemon, but they just draw so many Combee. I've had like 5 of them just fly around the farm while I was trying to work. God, I hate those things. What about you?"​

Last edited:
Back