• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hidden Mythology [T] [IC]

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Route 201 (Part 6)
Jason Stafford
"Rexa...Rexa!" Jason tried to keep his voice to a whisper, but wanted to know where he was, having lost sight of him quite a while ago. Maybe I should go after him...

Shi...inx... His thoughts were interrupted by Volt, who was for some reason trying to get his attention.

"Not now Volt, we need to try and find Rexa!" Jason told Volt, keeping his eyes focused on where he last saw Rexa. He didn't have time for this, he needed to find Rexa and he wanted to get going, as falling behind all the other trainers now was not a good way to start a journey.

Shinx! This time Volt was louder and seemed more determind to get Jason's attention.

"What is it Volt?" Jason asked though rather annoyed and frustrated by the interruption, turning round to Volt, to see what he wanted. He soon saw. A small Pokémon began toddling across the path behind them. The small red bug, just turned, looked at Jason and Volt and just stood there, in the middle of the road.

"What is that thing?" Jason reached into his pocket, pulled out his Pokédex and proceeded to point it at the small Pokémon.

Kricketot, the Cricket Pokémon. Its legs are short and if it stumbles, is hard antennae can make a xylophone-like sound when they rub together.

"A Kricketot huh...what d'ya Volt, shall we give this thing something to stare at?"

SHINX! Volt seemed pretty excited to get the opportunity to finally get a battle!

"Alright lets go! Volt use...erm...wait what moves do you know?" Jason raised his Pokédex once more to check Volt's moves.

This Shinx knows Tackle, Leer and the Egg Move Fire Fang

"Wow, Professor Fir wasn't kidding, this little guy is pretty special! Okay Volt, use Tackle!"

Volt rushed across to the stationary bug and crashed into it with some force, bouncing of it and rolling back himself. The bug hadn't moved, it had just stayed there looking at Jason.

"Wha...ok Volt, go again, tackle!"

Again Volt ran at the Kricketot but the same thing happened it just stood there staring through those beady, black eyes.

"Right Volt, this tactic doesn't seem to be.." Jason halted abruptly when the red insect started to glow red, standing right next to Volt.

"Err Volt...?" A wave of energy was released by the Kricketot, plowing straight into Volt, sending him skidding across the ground.

SHINX! Volt cried out and slumped at the feet of Jason, looking worse for ware

"Volt!" Jason cried. He had to help Volt! He reached to his belt to get a potion, but as he did, Volt began to stand. Covered in dirt, and looking very badly beat up, Volt stood up and let out a weak, but determind cry.

"Volt, nice one buddy! Are you sure your ok to carry on?" Volt gave him a weak nod and a small smile.

"Let's do this, Volt, use Fire Fang!"

The Shinx once again began tearing over to Kricketot, but this time, his teeth began to glow shades of red and orange. Volt jumped with all his remaining strength and bit down hard on the small bug, with flames swelling around the area Volt was biting. Finally, the Kricketot seemed to register something and just flopped to the floor.

"Good job Volt! Come back here buddy!" Volt looked back at it's trainer and stumbled over towards him.

"Volt, that was incredible, I'm so proud of you!" Volt nuzzled into Jason and gave him a friendly lick.

"Here, it's the least you deserve," Jason said spraying a potion onto Volt, trying to cover as many of his scrapes as possible. He still didn't look in great shape, so he'd have to get t a Pokémon Centre ASAP. Just as he began to leave, Jason saw the round red form of the Kricketot Volt had just beaten lying there on the ground. He felt kind of bad and it looked pretty beat up...he couldn't just leave it there.

"Maybe...maybe I could catch it! Yeah! Ok...Pokéball go!" Jason launched the Pokéball towards the Kricketot which soon became enveloped in light, before the capsule began glowng red and rolling around on the floor...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Sandgem Town
"I'm from Floaroma Town. Y'know, that place with all those flowers and stuff?"

"Yeah, I know where that is," Birdie nodded. He had been there a few times with his parents. It wasn't too far away. He remembered, like Karly had said, there being a lot of flowers and smelling like, well, flowers.

"My parents have a Pokemon farm there that I used to... well, I didn't really help with the Pokemon, but I moved stuff around. They said that the flowers help relax the Pokemon, but they just draw so many Combee. I've had like 5 of them just fly around the farm while I was trying to work. God, I hate those things," Birdie had never seen a Combee, but it sounded like, well, a bee. "What about you?"

"I'm from Twinleaf Town," Birdie said, a little disappointed that his own story was barely as exciting as Karly's. "Born and raised. I have two brothers and um..." He really didn't have much else to say about his life, "yeah. That's about it."

The Nurse returned with Buizel and Ruby, looking healthy and happy as ever.

"Thank-you, miss," Birdie gave her a grateful smile as he took the PokéBall, Ruby taking a seat on the chair next to her trainer.

"Your welcome," she returned the smile, then turned to Karly. "If you'd like to come with me, miss, I can help you with your injuries."

"I'll wait here, then," Birdie pulled out his PokéDex, using this time to try and capture the information for some of the trainers in the Centre.​

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Route 201 (Part 7)
Jason Stafford
The ball stopped shaking. He'd done it. He'd actually done it. Jason had caught his first ever wild Pokémon.

"I....I ca...I can't believe it! Volt we did it! We caught our first new friend!" Jason was ecstatic; he was proud of his achievement, even if it was only a small one, and he was proud of how well Volt battled for him.

"Right, let's let this little guy out and apologize for the hard time we gave him before, eh Volt?" Jason picked up the Pokéball from the dirt and released his newest team member from within.

"Hey there little guy...erm...my name's Jason, and this here is my friend Volt," he said pointing over at his Shinx. "We're going on a huge journey and we'd kind of like it if you came with us, how about it?"

The Pokémon just stared at him blankly. It's bulging, black eyes remained focused on Jason.

"You don't say much do you, huh? I need to give you a name...hmm..I think I'm gunna call you Sage, after the plant and those wise old dudes who don't say much!" The nickname suited the silent bug, who just continued to stare at Jason, whom had pulled out his Pokédex and was registering the Kricketot in his Pokédex.

"There..we..go! So you know, Growl and Bide..so THAT was the move you used on Volt! Nicely done little guy, that was a pretty cool move!" The bug didn't move and just continued it's blank stare at Jason.

"O...kay, you're kind of starting to creep me out a bit now, Sage return!" A flash of red engulfed the creature and returned it to it's Pokéball.

"What did you think Volt?" Jason asked, slightly confused about their newly captured companion.

Shi...shinx? Volt didn't seem all that convinced about their new member either.

"Well, we shouldn't spend any more time here Volt, we need to get moving! Where is it...where is it...oh yeah, TO SANDGEM TOWN!"

Sandgem Town (Part 1)
By the time Jason had reached Sandgem Town, Volt was flagging a bit and was looking a bit beat up, so Jason was a bit worried.

"Hmm..maybe we should go to the Pokémon centre and get you and Sage healed up buddy, you don't look too good...no offense!" he laughed, not wanting to offend Shinx!

Shinx...Volt mewed weakly seeming to agree. The two walked through Sandgem Town towards the Pokémon Centre, talking in the sights and smells of the small and quaint area. There wasn't much to see, so it didn't take the pair long to reach their destination.

"Okay Volt, your gunna have to get back in your ball buddy, return." Volt just let the red light wash over him and return him back into the small capsule. Jason then began nervously walking and looking around the Pokémon Centre, which appeared to have a few trainers around as he made his way up to the counter.

"May I help you young man?" Nurse Joy enquired as Jason reached the desk.

"Yeah...umm..could you heal my Pokémon for me?"

"Yes certainly, just give me a few minutes. Feel free to take a seat over there!" Joy pointed over to a few tables where a handful of trainers were sat.

"Ok, thank you miss," Jason said, still slightly nervous due to the new situation and environment he found himself in. He left the desk and shuffled over to an empty table and sat down, waiting for his Pokémon to be healed.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Sandgem Town

"I'm from Twinleaf Town," Birdie began; Karly was truly hoping that he has something interesting to say about his life. "Born and raised. I have two brothers and um... yeah. That's about it."

Karly refrained from rolling her eyes. "Well, that's... better than nothing, I guess. Honestly, I'd love to live in Twinleaf. Floaroma is so loud, and all those girls who work at the flower shops are so annoying. Always flirting with the guys, wearing the dumbest clothes. Ugh, just the thought of them irritates me."

At that moment, Nurse Joy returned to the front, leading back Ruby and Buizel. Buizel had a small bandage wrapped around the length of his head, and didn't look too happy to see Karly again - although the feeling was mutual. Nurse Joy then turned to Karly. "If you would come with me, miss, we can fix those injuries for you."

"'Bout time. These things have been stinging so bad. Are you sure Taillow beaks aren't poisonous?" She asked. Nurse Joy laughed and shook her head.

At that time, Karly noticed another boy - one that she noted was somewhat attractive, although he could do without the red headband - walking in, with a worn-out Shinx right behind him. He returned the Shinx to its ball and walked over to Nurse Joy, who greeted him with a smile. "May I help you young man?" Nurse Joy inquired as he came over to her.

"Yeah... um... could you heal my Pokémon for me?" Karly immediately took notice to how unusually blue this guy's eyes were, although they made him look very nervous. He acted like he hadn't spoken to someone before.

"Yes certainly, just give me a few minutes. Feel free to take a seat over there." She pointed to the seats where Birdie, Buizel, and Ruby were all waiting. The boy nodded hesitantly, handing the Nurse his Pokeball and shuffling over to sit down in a seat away from the rest of the group. Nurse Joy turned back to Karly. "Please, follow me, and we can patch your arms right back up."

"Right, thanks." The two left the lobby, leaving the group and the random boy alone. It was rather silent, except for the sounds coming from Birdie's Pokedex, and the light whap whap whap of Buizel's tail on the floor as he spun it around slowly.​

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Glad to present a joint post between Jegretis and romdinner!

Alex Ganston and
Catherine *Kat* Primrose
in
" Double trouble!"

- Route 201 -

Kat listened closely as the boy stated his reasons. He was very humble in his words and while his motives weren't to gain riches or fame, it was a sincere one. " In my case I fell in love with my mom's travelling stories from when she was a trainer but the main cause it that I.." Kat paused a bit, she didn't really want to elaborate her whole family issues so she just put it straight and simple "…want to grow with my pokemon and prove that this journey isn't just a waste of time. " she replied in a determined tone. Indeed this journey was going to be nothing like she ever expected. Then the girl turned to the boy and answered in her usual voice. " I'm from Veilstone City. A bit of a distance from here than Jubilife."

Alex gave a warm smile as he listened to her.
Her motives are like mine...kind of. "Wow, that's pretty cool. Trust me, this journey won't be a waste of time." He said, looking at her. "If anything, it's like you said. It's a chance to grow with your Pokemon." He took a brief pause as they continued to walk. "Veilstone City is pretty far, so by the time we reach there, I bet you will probably be a whole different person." Alex didn't know if that was actually true, but he did know that people do in fact tend to 'change' over the course of these journeys. "I mean 'different' in the good way of course." He gave a slight laugh.

"Haha who knows, anything could happen. " Kat said smiling due to the optimistic way of how Alex sees things. From the looks of it he seemed like a decent guy and up till now was an interesting travel partner. "Well until I reach Veilstone City, we have to first get to Sandgem town. " the girl said replying with the same silent laugh as the boy. The two had been walking for some time now but the next town was nowhere in sight, just an endless field of grass and the dirt path that they were walking on. Kat looked at the two pokemon that were joyfully matching in front of them without a care in the world. " Guess they're starting to get along. " she pointed out to Alex as the two pokemon seemed like they were talking, exactly like their trainers.

"Yeah it seems like it." He laughed. He watched as the Turtwig and Chimchar tagging each other and running around joyfully in circles.
Greeny really seems happy. Maybe I could learn a thing or two from him. For some reason, Alex was not his usual aggressive, cocky self. Usually he would keep to himself, but ever since the journey started, he was more cheery. Perhaps the infamous journey really does make people change. "Hey Kat, are you actually going to do the research that Professor Fir asked us to do?" Alex asked curiously. "I kind of feel like challenging the gyms, but I'm not sure if Professor Fir would be happy if I just ditched him like that, haha." He laughed at the last part bit, slightly embarrassed that he was just going to ignore Fir's research request completely.

"He won't be happy at all that's certain." Kat said pondering on the problem. Professor Fir was really fond of his studies so some news like this was going to cause some reactions from him. " I'm gonna be a good girl and do my work as promised. " she said giggling in hopes of lightening the mood. " But, like in your case, I'm definitely going to challenge the gyms as well. The professor told us to do the research, but didn't ban us from doing other stuff along the way so it's win-win for both of us. " Kat explained her basic plan for this journey. Having been given her very first pokemon by Professor Fir, she felt indebted to him so she couldn't just leave her work aside. " But don't stress about it, we're still at the beginning so we shouldn't have much to do regarding the research." She continued as they were passing by some large oak trees that engulfed the grass beneath them with their shadows. When Kat noticed that she quickly turned towards Alex and spoke in a soft voice. " Um Alex do you mind if we stop here for a while to…." but before she could say anything more a grumbling noise came from her stomach " ….have a lunch break?" Kat ended her sentence all red in her cheeks.

"Yeah, of course." Alex laughed and smiled. Too be honest, he was getting kind of hungry too, so it wasn't a bad idea. "Hmmm...I think that's a good spot." Alex pointed at a patch of grass covered with shade underneath a tree. Alex walked to the spot and sat down on the grass, taking off his backpack and placing it in front of him. "Let's see..." He unzipped the main compartment, and took out a small bag. First he pulled out the Oran Berry that he received from helping that lady earlier. "Hey Greeny, take this." He said, as the Turtwig came running over from Kat's Chimchar to pick up the berry with its mouth. "Share with Seth." He said, turning his attention back to the bag. "Well, I'm not sure if you brought anything to eat, but you can have half of my sandwich if you want." He took out the sandwich form the bag. It was nothing special, just a regular peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Kat sat down under the big tree, her back leaned on the trunk. She watched as Greeny came without a second to spare at the sight of his treat and smiled as he took the berry from Alex's hand. " It's ok Alex. I've packed something too, but thanks for the offer." Kat refused kindly as she opened her bag and took out her own sandwich that had some salad, tomatoes , cheese and a piece of ham. " Guess we'll be having our lunch on the road more often now. " she said after finishing her first bite from her lunch.

"I guess we will." Alex said taking a rather large bite of his sandwich and quickly chewing it and swallowing it. He observed the two Pokemon enjoying their own lunch, with the Oran Berry quickly getting full of bites. Juice was oozing out of Greeny's mouth, as it took nibbles here and there. Alex leaned back as he took another bite from his lunch, and looked up at the sky.
It's so...peaceful. He thought. He almost felt like dozing off again, but he knew that it wasn't going to be possible. And so, they continued to eat their lunch under the tree, taking a small break from the trek to Sandgem Town.

~

Half an hour passed until the two finished their lunch. Guess having someone to share your lunch with makes you talk more and eat less, at least that's what Kat found out as she took her last bite from the sandwich. Having finished her lunch, the only thing left was to enjoy a nice treat. The girl searched through her bag until she eventually found what she was looking for, a juicy looking orange. Kat slowly peeled the orange and divided into four shares and then raised her head towards Seth and Greeny that were playing in the field. "Guys come over her a bit!" she yelled. The two pokemon came quickly and as a reward Kat gave them their share of the orange. "That's for you two! And this is for Alex!" she continued handing a share to the boy.

"Thanks, Kat." Alex said, smiling. He grabbed his share of the orange, and piece by piece put it in his mouth. He looked at Greeny who in a split second ate his share of the fruit, with more juice foaming from the mouth. "Greeny, calm down..." Alex said, trying to get his Turtwig to eat a little less frantically. Greeny just looked at Alex, before running off to play again.
Man, Greeny's a little too energetic...As long as Greeny was having fun, Alex didn't want to ruin it for him. "Well, I'm all done." Alex turned to Kat. "You ready to go?"

Kat was just about to reply to Alex but before she could say anything, Greeny somehow snuck behind Seth's back and in the blink of an eye snatched the fire monkey's last piece of orange and ran away with it. Seth quickly got up and after letting out a cry, dashed after the turtle pokemon in hopes of retrieving his treat. " This can't end well!" Kat said seeing her pokemon get closer and closer to Greeny. As Greeny was running through the grass, Seth took a dive in the air and tumbled into Greeny which made them both roll into a nearby tree. The impact made the tree shudder all the way up to the top, where without a care in the world a little Starly was making it's nest. The shaking of the tree cause the half-done nest to fall down from the branch and, as the bad luck up till now wasn't enough, the nest hit a wild Sentret in the head.

"Char…Chimchar!!" Seth cried getting of Grenny who was still recovering from the hit. Seth raised his head only to see the Sentret plunging towards him from the ground and an angry Starly diving in from above.

"Seth go into the grass!" Kat yelled as she came running towards the scene. Without a moment to spare the chimp pokemon did as it was told and immediately took cover in the grass before the two wild pokemon could hit him. The Starly missed Seth, and did a u-turn mid-air aiming directly for Greeny. It tucked in its wings and an its body into Greeny knocking him backwards.

"Damn it...It doesn't look like they're going to be letting up." Alex said to Kat. He quickly whipped out his PokeDex, and analyzed the wild Pokemon.
Alright, Starly is a flying type, which means Greeny has a disadvantage. Sentret however is a normal, which means that shouldn't really be a problem... Alex looked through his Turtwig's move set. Tackle, Withdraw and Superpower...Not bad. The Superpower could come in handy if things get a bit dire. Suddenly, the Starly dove once again at Greeny, and the Sentret went after Seth in the grass. "Kat, get Chimchar to do something, quick!" Alex said, before focusing his attention back at Greeny. "Greeny, use Withdraw!" Greeny retreated it into its shell and started to glow slightly. The wild Starly dove headfirst into the shell, knocking it to the ground momentarily as it tried to shake off the recoil.

"I'm on it!" Kat quickly replied as she realized that the battle couldn't be avoided. The girl scanned the area and saw how the wild Sentret was getting closer. '"Seth use Scratch!" she said and in an instant the fire type pokemon dashed straight towards its opponent and hit him with its sharp claws stopping it in its tracks. However the Sentret didn't go down that easily, it had been in the wild and toughened up. As a result right after it got hit, Sentret launched a counter Scratch attack that landed a clear hit on Seth throwing him to the ground. "
Ugh of coure it wouldn't go down just like that." the girl scolded herself as she remembered that her pokemon was still a novice. "Things aren't as easy as on TV!" she said towards Alex that was having his share of problems a few feet away.

"I know..." He said quietly, trying to focus on the battle. The Starly rose again into the air and tried to dive for another attack, but this time, Greeny was already out of his shell. "Greeny, Withdraw again!" The turtle Pokemon retreated into its shell, but was too slow as the Starly managed to ram itself right into Greeny's skull, knocking him backwards once again. The Turtwig lay on the ground for a few moments, before using its front legs to push its body back up.
This one's a fighter... The Starly started to fly right towards Greeny, seemingly about to end the battle. "Quick, Greeny use Superpower!" Greeny started to glow a brilliant red mixed with brown, and launched itself towards the Starly head-on. A small wave of dust formed from the impact, knocking the Starly several feet back to the ground. It tried to get back, shaking its wings in the process. "Now, tackle!" Greeny, waited for a moment to recuperate from the hit, but quickly charged at the grounded Starly, who squawked at Greeny to try and phase him. The Starly flapped its wings and tried to get air born again, but was too late, getting knocked back by the Tackle on to the ground where it lay. "Do you need help Kat?" Alex quickly asked her, hoping she would be able to handle it.

"We'll manage!" Kat assured Alex as she saw Seth get back up, with a fierce look in its eyes, ready to continue. Sentret was already running towards Seth with its claws ready for attack which only meant one thing, Scratch attack was coming once again. " Seth use Scratch attack again!" and as the Sentret dived in for the attack, so did the fire type pokemon. Both of them clashed and managed to hit the other. " Hmm this isn't going to get us anywhere…..let's see…" Kat said as she averted her sight through the area until they finally landed on a nearby tree. " It might work. " she said quietly then turned to her pokemon. " Seth, run up to that tree and climb up!" Kat yelled pointing at the designated spot.

"Chim?!?" he cried doubtfully. His battle was right in front of him so why would he be asked to do that. He looked at Kat and saw her determined look. "Chim!" he cried again as he wanted to let Kat know that he would give it a try. He dodged to the left as Sentret was about to attack him again and dashed towards the tree. The wild pokemon started chasing after Seth and soon enough the running area shifted from the ground to the trunk of the tree until Sentret managed to corner Seth on a branch.

"Now Seth jump on the branch!" Kat yelled with a big grin on her face. Seth quickly started jumping on the branch which caught the wild Sentret off guard and broke its balance making it fall. Kat had planned this all along and fortunately it worked, however, thing weren't done just yet. "Jump after it and use ThunderPunch!" Seth jumped from the branch towards the Sentret that just hit the ground and was trying to recover. In mid-air, Seth's right punch started glowing a bright yellow that quickly got covered by sparks of electricity. It dived down smashing his fist into the wild pokemon sending it back to the ground in a bright yellow flash. Seth jumped a few feet away and was watching closely to any reaction from the Sentret but the wild pokemon was motionless, it fainted from the attack. " Nicely done Seth!" Kat praised her pokemon as he came back to her. The chimp gave a confident smile who led Kat see that he didn't expect less. " Guess now we're ready to go!" Kat said turning towards Alex.

"Alright, just one more thing before we do." Alex eyed the Starly that lay on the ground in front of Greeny, who was still ready for another bout. Alex reached into his belt and took out an empty Pokeball. He looked at the Starly and threw it hard, hitting the Starly on the head before it went inside the Pokeball.
C'mon...catch it... He watched as the Pokeball rocked back and forth, waiting for the bleep that would signal its capture.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Route 201
Chapter 1
Alex Ganston

The ball rocked back and forth, Alex anxiously waiting for the capture of Starly. One...Two...Three! The ball's center lit up in a red flash, signalling that the bird Pokemon was caught. "Hey...I just caught my first Pokemon." Alex said, slightly surprised. He ran up to the Pokeball, and picked it up, running back to his original spot near Kat. "Hehe...check it out, I just caught the Starly." Alex said, with a grin on his face. Admittedly, he was quite proud of this accomplishment. It made him feel warm and got a tingly sensation on the inside. He whipped out his Pokedex and did a scan on the Pokemon. "It says here that it's a male, knows Tackle, Growl..." Alex murmured. "He still needs a name though." He pondered for a second, and then his face lit up after he got what seemed like to him, a brilliant name.

"I'm gonna call him. Star." He smiled at Kat. "I know it doesn't seem like the 'coolest' name, but it's fitting." He looked at the Pokeball for a few seconds, before attaching it to his belt. He looked at Seth and Greeny. "Well, our Pokemon look kind of beat. We should probably get going to Sandgem Town now. I don't think that it's too far away, right?"

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Sandgem Town (Part 2)
Jason Stafford
Jason noticed a girl once he had sat down, who seemed to have some pretty bad cuts and scrapes talking to Nurse Joy; she appeared to be looking over at Jason and it perplexed him as to why, but she was soon whisked away by the nurse, presumably to get her injuries seen to. She'd left behind a boy, a similar age to Jason, sat down on his own. He looked to be of a slight build, similar to Jason, with a mop of brown hair, which flopped over a pair of glasses; all in all, a pretty average guy. He looks kinda lonely...he seems pretty ordinary too. Maybe I should go talk to him...Jason got up out of his chair and shuffled over towards the boy, not wanting to seem cocky or over confident, especially since he didn't even know the guy.

"H-hey...can I, erm, sit here with you? Names Jason by the way..."

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Sandgem Town
Birdie gave a chuckle, not at Karly's pain, but her reaction to the pain. No, Taillow beaks weren't poisonous. She'd have to watch out along the way for nasty bug types that would definitely be poisonous. He quickly recounted a tale in his head between his brother, his Staravia (at the time) and a bunch of Beedrill. Of course, Staravia had come out on top but Birdie remembered rushing to the PokéCentre with his brother, who had several welts on his arm and back. Though he had been sick with worry at the time, it was funny to look back on. They were some pretty big welts.

Karly left with the Nurse, her empty presence replaced with another boy. Birdie gave him a small smile before returning to his PokéDex. Wow, who knew that one Rattata meant there were dozens more in the area? How many Rattatas did live in that small area of Route 201.

"H-hey...can I, erm, sit here with you? Names Jason by the way..."

Birdie looked up, smiling again.

"Birdie. And sure thing." Birdie nodded, offering the seat with his non-PokéDex filled hand.

The boy took the seat and since Jason had intiated conversation, Birdie felt it was rude to be as anti-social as staring at his PokéDex instead of actually talking. The guy looked like a new trainer, so he would be nice enough to ask a very obvious new trainer question.

"Are you a new trainer too, Jason?"​

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Sandgem Town (Part 3)
Jason Stafford
"Birdie. And sure thing." So the boy's name was Birdie...the boy proceeded to offer Jason a seat which he took gratefully. Despite being a bit hesitant around new people and being some what reclusive, Jason was actually kind of pleased he had something to do whilst he was waiting.

"Are you a new trainer too, Jason?" The new boy seemed to at least by trying to spark a conversation, which showed Jason that he must be an ok person at least.

"Yeah, I just got my starter Pokémon not long ago from Professor Fir! I got a Shinx, called Volt, and despite not having a clue what I'm doing, I seem to be holding up ok! I mean, I've already caught my first wild Pokémon, so I must be doing something right I guess? What about you Birdie, how's your epic journey been so far?" Jason asked casually with a sense of sarcastic emphasis on the 'epic' part.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Ariadne Davis // Sandgem Town
Team
Spoiler:

64412_394921350613523_3888980_n.jpg
Ariadne whistled as she entered the Pokemon Center once she reached Sandgem Town making sure to open the door twice before entering the building. Looking around she spotted two boys sitting near each other chatting., but she couldn't see Nurse Joy anywhere. Maybe she's busy with someone. I'll just wait she thought. After all Starly was fine, but Hippopotas needed healed. Glancing over at the two boys again Ariadne decided now might be a good time to try to make friends. If she liked them. But she wouldn't know that until she talked to them.

Walking over to the boys Ariadne waited for the one to finish talking before she cleared her throat. "excuse me. Do either of you happen to know where Nurse Joy is?"

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Sandgem Town

Karly emerged from the back of the Center at that moment, followed by Nurse Joy. Her arms were covered in tiny bandages, which she wanted to scratch at so badly. "These should be fine to take off by the time you reach Jubilife. The medicine will act quickly and heal the skin around the affected areas, so you'll be fine."

"Thank you." Karly nodded before coming back over to the waiting area. She noticed that Birdie and the random boy were having a conversation when she came back. She grabbed her bag from the table and slung it back around her shoulder. "Birdie, you ready to go?" She considered the idea of inviting this guy to go along with them, but dismissed it at the premise that travelling with that many people would slow them down.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Sandgem Town
"Nice!" Birdie nodded enthusiastically at the boy who had introduced himself as Jason. "But uh, my journey has been alright so far. Not quite epic, but alright. I got a Riolu from Professor Fir. Her name's Ruby." He gestured to his partner next to him, who gave a polite nod (which Birdie assumed meant hello or something).

It was then Karly returned back to him, her arms bandaged, with the odd smell of some kind of medicine lingering around her. The Nurse must have put some kind of antibiotic or aneseptic to take the pain away, or at least stop it from infecting.

"Birdie, you ready to go?" she asked him.

"Yeah, sure." Birdie stood up, picking up his backpack and gesturing at Ruby to follow. "See you around, Jason!"

They left the Centre together, their Pokémon following behind. The temperature change from the air-conditioned Pokémon Centre to the brisk Sinnoh outside sent chills up Birdie's spine. There wasn't much else to do in Sandgem as far as Birdie knew, but perhaps they should stop off at the Mart to pick up some supplies? If they had a Potion or an Oran Berry, they wouldn't have to come back to get healed if they stumbled upon any more trouble.

"Was there anything else you needed to do?" Birdie asked politely, sticking Karly's agenda before his own.​

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Sandgem Town

It was a lot cooler outside than in the Center, giving Karly some minor goosebumps. She looked around Sandgem town; there wasn't a whole lot to do, but the beach down there looked enticing. Of course, there wasn't a lot of time to goof off, since night would be falling shortly, so she decided against it. She still hadn't had any decent battling experience, and Birdie seemed to be close enough to a friend.

"Not really. The beach looks... interesting, but we shouldn't really waste a lot of time before night falls. I still need to have an actual battle, though. You wanna battle Ruby and Buizel?"​

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years

Anthony Ramsay

Chapter 1.1: Kid

Team:

393.gif

Snowpoint City

The ship grew closer to Snowpoint City. Anthony felt the cool breeze. His parents had sent him with his winter clothes just because of the sheer coldness of Snowpoint City and Sinnoh in general. He stroked his 'mini beard' as his shoes made a pleasant crunching sound in the snow. Then he heard his voice being called out and turned back to see a lady.

She was a middle aged woman. Her blonde hair hung loose below her shoulders making her look like one of those 'too stylish heroines' that you saw in movies. She wore a darkish type of lipstick and lots of fashion accessories. She wore tight - fitting blue jeans and a pink top along with a leather handbag. Sunglasses and a hat with a feather completed this stylish figure.

Walking with an annoying tone of urgency on her face she walked towards Anthony slapping her heels against the pavement. Anthony may not have been good making friends but he was smart and the movement he saw her he knew the five day journey by car was going to be a long one.

"Anthony Ramsay?" she said holding a picture of Anthony out. He presume it had been sent by his parents and he was currently cursing them.

"Ermmm. Yeah. I believe you've come to leave me at Twinleaf Town to get my first my pokemon?" questioned Anthony with an innocent grin on his face.

"Well then, lets go quickly! I often regret not becoming a model and driving cars for people like you. So get inside!" she said leading Anthony to her car. He sighed as he sat down in the back seat while she flung her handbag inside. 'This is going to be a long journey!' sighed Anthony.

~ ~ ~

Twinleaf Town

The car journey had not gone as well as anybody had expected. Anthony wouldn't have liked to mention anything about the story to anybody. Sighing he took his blue bagpack, hung it over his shoulders and made his way to Twinleaf Town.

Over there with his Xtranscivier he made a call to Prof. Fir. within a few minutes the professor was walking up the grassy hill with a Pokeball and some bags in his hand. He was dark skinned and had black hair and was of medium height.

Smiling he gave Anthony the pokeball and the bag. As he left Anthony opened strap of the bag. Inside were five pokeballs, one Potion and a red colored device which he believed was a Pokedex. Lastly he closed his eyes and fingers trembling he pushed the button of the ball.

"Piplup?"

Anthony opened his eyes and saw an aggressive looking Piplup looking at him.

"Well you like a pretty aggressive kid. So I'll call you Rambo. Anyway I'll be your trainer and my name's Anthony."

Rambo seemed to have understood what he was saying and made an aggressive run towards the next route.

"Awww. Come on." said Anthony running in that direction.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
The Hidden Mythology: A Sinnoh Tale
A Pokemon Journey Roleplay || Rated [T]
OOC/ SU Thread here.

Chapter 2: When Pokemon Worlds Collide
A Pokémon proposed to the others
to always be ready to help humans.
It asked that Pokémon be ready to
appear before humans always.
Thus, to this day, Pokémon appear
to us if we venture into tall grass.

This chapter primary purpose is to introduce the expanse and diversity of Sinnohs Pokemon population. Feel free to catch them!

Areas Open for Exploration:

Jubilife City {Large Image Size}
Spoiler:

Available Pokemon
-none-

What you can do [Things in bold is a MUST-DO]:
- Get your free Poketch
- Interact with the city people. (You may create your own NPC. Please do not include anime- and game- appearing NPCs like Dawn and Johanna.)
- Explore the town.

Note: The GTS is closed to public. Mr. Poketch, a guy of about forty, can be found inside the Poketch company, the building at the upper-left part.
DO NOT MENTION LOOKER YET. :) Aside from the in-game places, there is also a bank in here. Feel free to dictate how much money you have but keep it reasonable.

Route 204 {Large Image Size}
Spoiler:

Available Pokemon:
Spoiler:

What you can do [Bold means must do]:
- Train your Pokemon. Several NPC here. Be creative with their Pokemon! :)
- Capture some Pokemon.

Additional Notes: A huge landfall blocks the entrance to the cave. It is inaccessible at the moment. If you choose to linger on this route, I should mention that there are workers clearing up the rocks in here.

Route 203
Spoiler:

Available Pokemon
Spoiler:

What you can do:
- Explore the area.
- Catch some Pokemon.
- Interact with your fellow roleplayers.
- NPC Battles!
- Proceed to Oreburgh Tunnel

Oreburgh Tunnel
Spoiler:

Available Pokemon
Spoiler:

What you can do:
- Explore the area.
- Catch a Pokemon.
- Meet some NPCs.
- Interact with your fellow roleplayers. Battle or talk with them.
- Proceed to Oreburgh City.

Oreburgh City {Large Image Size}
Spoiler:

Available Pokemon:
-none

- Challenge the Gym Leader. I will be controlling this gym leader.
- Receive the message from Professor Fir. I will be posting it once enough people have reached the city.
- Proceed to the Museum.

Additional Notes: The Gym Leader remains as Roark, although a few years older. His Pokemon includes a Geodude, Onix, and a Cranidos.

Route 207 {Large Image Size}
Spoiler:

Available Pokemon:
Spoiler:

- Train your Pokemon. No NPC here.
- Capture some Pokemon.

Additional Notes: The mud slope is present. It prevents you from accessing the rest of the route, aside from the grassy patch

Oreburgh Mines have been closed indefinitely. Route 218 is closed to public due to the renovation being done by the new Gym Leader of Canalave Town. However, the fisherman that gives out the Old Rod could be found in the Pokemon Center in Jubilife Town. For just winning a battle against him, he gives out the Old Rod.

Moves Link

Last edited:

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
Catherine *Kat* Primrose
Chapter 1
- Route 201-
Ani390MS.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

"Nicely done Alex! It was thrilling seeing it wobble until the end. " she said looking at the shiny red and white orb in the boy's hand. Kat could see clearly the excited look on Alex's face from catching the Starly. "Don't say that! It sound good, plus the pokemon should like it and that's enough. " she said then turned to her pokemon and smiled. " Yeah we should go. Umm I'm not very sure but the sooner we start walking the sooner we'll get there." Kat replied as she started walking towards the dirt path. Seeing Alex get a new friend made Kat think if she should have done the same with the pokemon she was facing. She looked at Seth who was walking in front of her. "I guess there's no need to rush things." She thought and without realizing gave out a small smile.

After a few minutes of silence as the four of them were walking Kat cleared her head and realized something. " It felt really good battling with your pokemon right Alex? And winning of course." She said turning towards the boy. She managed to hold her front in the battle and despite being her first, managed to keep her calm.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Route 201
Chapter 1
Alex Ganston

"Don't say that! It sound good, plus the Pokemon should like it and that's enough." Kat assuring Alex that his choice of name was indeed okay. He didn't really care what other people thought about his choice of giving nicknames to his Pokemon, but he had a feeling that Kat would be the type of person to say positive things about it. "Yeah we should go. Umm I'm not very sure but the sooner we start walking the sooner we'll get there." Alex just nodded, as they continued their way to Sandgem Town in the distance.

~

The group had been walking for a little while with silence among them. Greeny wasn't playing around like usual, but was just following the two trainers. He must be tired...oh well, there's a Pokemon Center in Sandgem anyways. Suddenly, Kat broke the silence by asking Alex a question. "It felt really good battling with your Pokemon right Alex? And winning of course." Alex turned to Kat.

"Hell yeah it felt good." He said proudly, smiling. "Not to sound like a braggart, but I do like to win. Which is why I'm gonna try and go for all the gyms." He turned his head away. He spoke with a certain tone in his voice which was almost as if he was being cocky. He then turned his back to Kat, "You know, I'm guessing that was your first battle. You did pretty good, if I may so." Alex looked ahead and could see Sandgem Town peeking over the next few set of hills.

((OOC: Kat can just lead them into the town if she wants, Alex will follow))

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Sandgem Town (Part 4)
Jason Stafford
"But uh, my journey has been alright so far. Not quite epic, but alright. I got a Riolu from Professor Fir. Her name's Ruby." The small, blue Pokémon gave him a nod of acknowledgement.

"Nice to meet you Ruby! I would have given you a better introduction to my partner but he's getting healed up so..." Jason would have continued his sentence, but noticed the girl coming over from before, with her wound all dressed and cleaned up.

"Birdie, you ready to go?" she asked him.

"Yeah, sure." Birdie stood up, picking up his backpack and gesturing at Ruby to follow. "See you around, Jason!"

"Nice to meet you Birdie. Oh, and good luck!" Jason said to the pair as they proceeded to leave the Pokémon Centre.

"I've healed all your Pokémon all back to full health young man!" Nurse Joy announced to him, giving Jason a bit of a fright, having not seen her walk over to him.

"Oh! Erm..thank you, haha..." he laughed nervously. Nurse Joy went back over to her desk and Jason got his stuff all sorted before setting out and leaving the Pokémon Centre.

"Come on out, Volt!" He held out the Pokéball and released his friend from within.

Shinx! The little creature cried.

"How you feeling buddy? Any better?"

Shi-shi-shinx! The little blue Pokémon seemed full of energy and ran round and round Jason's feet.

"Okay, okay! I get it, your good to go! Come on, what are we waiting for!" The two set of through the town towards the next route, ready to see what new obstacles and adventures awaited.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Ariadne Davis // Sandgem Town
Team
Spoiler:

64412_394921350613523_3888980_n.jpg
Ariadne frowned as not just one but both of the boys seemed to ignore her. Whether it was intentional or not she wasn't going to forget that. Huffing slightly she looked around and finally spotted Nurse Joy. "Excuse me Nurse Joy. Could you heal my Hippopotas please"

"Of course dear." Nurse Joy said happily. "Just hand him right over and I'll have him back out to you in a jiffy"

"Thank you" Ariadne said handing over the Pokeball containing Hippopotas. Several minutes later Ariadne was leaving the Pokemon Center and walking over to the Poke-mart. From there she purchased 6 potions taking care to make sure all of her items remained in even numbers. Once she was done with that Ariadne left Sandgem town and started towards route 202.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie & Karly
Sandgem Town
Birdie's heart stopped for half a second when he realised what Karly was asking of him, the same way you'd get instantly nervous if someone asked you a personal question, like if you liked someone. He stammered on his words, trying to find the right answer. Did he want to battle? He didn't want to rob Karly of the satisfaction of winning a battle, but that being said, would he want to win? Of course he would. Would it be mean of him to try his hardest to win? He supposed not.

"A-ah, um, ah, s-sure." He finally got a straight word out. "Right, right here? In front of the Centre? Or down on the b-beach?"

Karly seemed a bit confused as to why Birdie seemed so... nervous when she asked him to battle. That's what Trainers are supposed to do, right? "Well... yeah, I suppose the beach would be fine. You don't really seem that... into it though. You're all flushed and stuff. If it's that big of a deal, we really don't have to..." She couldn't believe Birdie was acting like this; she might be a totally crap Trainer, but at least she wouldn't turn down a battle offer.

Of course, Birdie was probably just as nervous as she was. But it'd be a perfectly fine battle. It'd be fair on both sides since neither of them had any previous experiences outside of a Rattata and the demon Taillow they encountered on Route 201. It almost made her a bit angry that Birdie didn't have the confidence to battle.

"N-no," Birdie shook his head, swallowing and steadying himself. "Sorry, no, it's okay. I'm okay. I can do this. We can do this." He wasn't so sure what was making him so nervous. Was it that he might hurt Karly's feelings? But she seemed so keen for it. He gave a sigh and mentally slapped himself in the face. He was a Pokémon trainer now! He had to be stronger!

Karly mentally rolled her eyes. Birdie was just being so silly about this. Nonetheless, she didn't want to make this difficult for him, seeing that he was already struggling just accepting the challenge. "If you say so. To the beach then." She turned around and began making her way towards the beach, Buizel following right behind her.

Route 219
Sandgem Town's beach was rather... well, beach-like. The breeze down here was far cooler than up in town and the smell of salty air was far stronger. It wasn't a large beach, and at the moment, was rather deserted, but felt peaceful, the whisper of the lapping waves like a song with Wingull flying overhead chirping in time with it.

Birdie took his spot at one side of the beach, pulling out his PokéDex in preparation. He went over Ruby's moves, taking note she had learned an extra move. And gone up a level! Nice! It must have been from battling that Rattata. Wait, was he taking this too seriously? This was going to be a fun battle! Fun, Birdie had to remind himself again.

"Right here?" Birdie let Ruby step in front of him. She was placid and straight faced. Maybe he should take some leaves out of her book.

"Yep, right here is just fine." Karly laughed a little, feeling playful. "I've always loved beaches. So calm and relaxing, and the ocean is so inspiring."

"Y-yeah, calming," Birdie let out a small sigh.

Buizel stood firmly in front of Karly; even if he hated his Trainer, he hated losing more, and he wasn't going to let this Riolu get the best of him. Buizel!

Karly pulled her hair back and fashioned it into a bun. "Okay, so, if you're ready to start, I'm ready. How do we decide who goes first though? Do we roll a die or flip a coin or... what?" She was trying to not sound like a total dunce when it came to this stuff, but to be fair, this was her first battle. She could use that handbook, but she insisted to her mother that she wouldn't need it, and she didn't want to be proven wrong.

"Yeah, um," Birdie pulled out a Poké coin that lay in the bottom of his pocket. "Tails for Buizel?" He gave the coin a flick, caught it mid-air and slapped it down on his hand. He took a peek, gave yet another sigh, then showed the coin to Karly. "Tails. You first!"

"Oh... er, yay!" She fake-cheered, trying to sound cheerful. Honestly, she was hoping that Birdie had gotten to go first, since she felt better telling Buizel to dodge as opposed to attack. "Well then, um... let's start! Buizel, use Icy Wind!"

Buizel sucked in a giant gulp of air and blew out the freezing wind right in Ruby's direction with all the might that he could possibly muster.

The air was too thick for Ruby to hope to dodge, so she braced herself for the cold chill. When the wind blew away, the tips of her fur was covered in frost. She seemed tireder and a bit droopy, but she shook the frost off and readied for Birdie's counter-attack.

"Ruby, Quick Attack!" Ruby seemed to disappear where she was, and appeared again in front of Buizel, charging right at him.

Buizel was completely unprepared, and so was Karly, so Buizel did his best to block the attack with his arms. Nonetheless, he was flung back by the force of this hit, landing in the sand. "Grrr... Buizel! Use Sonicboom!" She commanded, finally getting into the battle.

Buizel jumped back up and did a spin, sending out sonic waves from slashes made by his tail. They flew towards Ruby at a blinding pace.

Ruby attempted some kind of roll out of the way, but there was something about her, something... slow about her. The Sonicboom still hit her down, but she got back up on her feet all the same. Maybe the cold had slowed her down somehow? He had to avoid this happening again. Birdie's mind immediately forgot all his worries before about being nervous and focused on the more important things, like keeping his partner healthy.

"Crunch!" Ruby nodded, running forward again, her mouth wide open and teeth showing, with some kind of dark aura pulsating around them.

"Buizel! Take the hit!" Buizel looked back at Karly at the confusing command, but she only nodded to confirm that she meant what she said. Turning back to Ruby, who was coming right at him with her teeth bared, he held his arm up and let her teeth sink into them painfully. He wailed a bit at the pain, but managed to survive it. "Now! Hit her with an Icy Wind again!"

Buizel finally understood Karly's plan; the close proximity would make the move much more painful than from far away. Buizel sucked in more air and blasted the move right at Ruby's face.

There was no dodging at that range. Birdie's eyes widened as the Buizel sucked in a gulp of cold air. Something that close would surely knock out Ruby. Wait, Ruby had something that could help her!

"Endure!"

Ruby crossed her arms over her face at the last minute as the Buizel's frosty air whipped straight at her face. The cold air slowed her again and she was obviously on her last legs at this time. But Birdie had another idea. Quick Attack... that was a fast move, right? The PokéDex said priority, so did that mean...

"Quickly!! A Quick Attack again!"

Ruby and Buizel were at arms width away and as soon as her trainer yelled it, she disappeared from where she was, appearing again behind Buizel, charging forth like her life depended on it.

Buizel was unable to turn around in time, so he ended up taking the full force of the blow. He tumbled into the sand in front of him, but somewhat quickly jumped to his feet. He was beginning to feel the weariness of battle on him. Karly knew she was in trouble if she didn't think of something quick. What should I do...? Buizel doesn't have any close-range attacks to hit that thing with... "Okay... Buizel! Spin and use Sonicboom!"

Buizel thought the command was odd, but did his best to follow her orders. He began to spin on his foot and release Sonicboom from his tail, sending it flying out and around in all directions.

Ruby began to dip and dodge at the air frisbees; a cut on her foot here, a slit on her nose there. She was starting to slow again, her wounds and her frost keeping her down. Birdie had one last card, and he wasn't even sure it would work.

"Ruby, try a Counter!" She jumped, a basically roundhoused one of the air discs, attempting to send it back at the Buizel. The slice on her foot though was the last straw though and as soon as Ruby touched the ground, she flopped over, fainted.

Buizel, still in mid-spin, didn't realize that Ruby had fainted, and ended up taking the hit from the Countered Sonicboom, causing him to fall over and knock himself out. Karly froze in disbelief, unsure of what exactly just happened. "Did... did we just tie...?"

"I think we did." Birdie had already run over to Ruby, making sure she was okay. Which she wasn't. Kind of. She kind of looked... drunk?

Karly went over to Buizel and began to poke him in the side. "Hey, Buizel. Uh... get up? Come on, you can't be that hurt... right? Buizel?"

Birdie let out a laugh. Who have known? He was so worried about winning or losing, he didn't think about how he'd feel about an inbetween. He kept laughing, unsure of what he was laughing at. What a strange situation this was. "I guess we gotta go back to Sandgem to heal, then." He lifted his glasses and rubbed his eyes, wiping away a tear his laugh had brought. "Thank you Karly, for giving me a good fight. You did an excellent job yourself."

Karly looked at Birdie oddly; what was he laughing at, and why was he thanking her for getting both of their Pokemon knocked out? She nervously laughed and replied with, "Uh, yeah, I guess you're welcome. Um... yeah, let's get these guys to the Pokemon Center."

Back