• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hidden Mythology [T] [IC]

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Sandgem Town

Nurse Joy gave Karly and Birdie a confused look as they both walked into the center. "Oh, back so soon? What happened?"

"Oh, nothing happened." Karly began. "We simply decided to battle. It was, eh, a tie. I would've preferred to win, but seeing as it was my first battle, I'm actually proud that I managed that much."

"Oh, well congratulations then!" Nurse Joy smiled. "A lot of trainers have their first battle in Sandgem Town, hee hee. Here, I'll take your Pokemon and get them all fixed up for you." Nurse Joy took Buizel and Ruby into the back room, leaving Karly and Birdie waiting in the lobby.

Karly turned to Birdie, sparkles in her eyes. "Wasn't that so much fun?! I didn't think that this stuff was that interesting! I don't think I've ever gotten so into something like battling before! I don't even know where all those commands I was giving came from! It was like a primal instinct!"​

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Inventory:
Spoiler:
Birdie
Sandgem Town

"Thank-you," Birdie added to the Nurse as she left the two alone again. Birdie noticed that Jason, the boy he met before, had also disappeared. He didn't really expect him to stick around, obviously, his seat had been filled by another trainer waiting for their Pokémon to be healed.

"Wasn't that so much fun?! I didn't think that this stuff was that interesting! I don't think I've ever gotten so into something like battling before! I don't even know where all those commands I was giving came from! It was like a primal instinct!" Birdie turned to face the excited Karly. Geez, she seemed like somebody had offered her a million dollars. Birdie was glad that she wasn't upset that she hadn't won. A tie left Birdie feeling satisfied. He hadn't learned anything about how strong Ruby was, but at least he learned how strong he was as a trainer.

"Yeah." He smiled back at Karly. "Kind of adrenaline inducing. You just forget everything except the battle. I think I could get used to it. We should try it again sometime. When we get stronger." He added. He wouldn't mind getting some more training in between here and Jubilife, maybe adding another Pokémon to his team. Plus, he had to remember why Professor Fir had given him his Pokémon.

The nurse returned with his and Karly's Pokémon, Ruby looking much better than she had a few minutes prior.

"That was quick." Birdie blinked.

"You came at a quiet time!" The nurse replied with a smile. "They're all happy and healthy now. Have fun on your journey!" She returned behind the counter, serving the next trainer who approached her. Birdie turned back to Karly.

"Should we head to Jubilife now?"​

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Route 202 (Part 1)
Jason Stafford
"Well here we are!" Jason said slightly underwhelmed and disappointed by the size of the new route that lay before him. He had been hoping that he could at least get an opportunity to catch a new team member and have a few battles, but that didn't look all to likely. He began to walk, Volt at his heels, forward onto the route.

Before long, he saw a few people having a battle part way up the route, with a few spectators milling about, some with Pokéballs around their belt. Jason could see quite a few of them had several Pokémon and he was clearly falling behind.

"Hey! You there! Come here!" Somebody was calling over to Jason from the group. It was a small boy, clearly a bit younger than Jason, though he seemed to have an air of confidence around him. He had dark hair falling over his brown eyes and was dressed in a designer jacket and those cool ripped jeans that Jason could only dream of affording. Jason obliged and went over to see what the boy wanted.

"The names Frank, and I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!" The boy seemed slightly aggressive and although Jason wanted to train, he wasn't sure a hyped up young guy was the best place to start.

"Well...um...I.."

"What's up Ragsy, can't afford the words to speak?"

The boy mocked, lauhing with one or two around him at Jason. He didn't normally get angry, but this kid was really starting to test his patience. Not only did he think he was the coolest kid in existence because he was could afford the latest trends, but he had insulted Jason because of him not wearing what was cool. But this wasn't about clothes, it was about money. Money. A light switch was flipped on in Jason's brain. If he could beat a kid who had a bit of money, he could probably win a fair amount and be able to afford more provisions in the next town.

"Right let's do this!" Jason said through gritted teeth, with a strong sense of anger coming through.

"2 on 2 double battle, Ragsy, let's go! I choose you Budew, go Ralts!" Frank threw 2 Pokéballs into the air and out came 2 Pokémon Jason didn't recognise. One was a small, plant like, green bud and the other a white form with some sort of green helmet on. This wasn't going to be easy.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years

Anthony Ramsay

Chapter 1.1: Tailow

Team:

393.gif

Route 201

"Hold down....." said a panting Anthony. That thing was ridiculously active.

Rambo on the other hand was in no mood to slow down. He spotted a Tailow perching on a branch in a tree. Rambo waited for Anthony to come and then pointed at the Tailow expectantly.

"Okay, I guess we can have our first battle." replied Anthony gasping for breath. He took out his Pokedex and when he checked inside he saw Rambo's moves. They were Pound, Growl and Agility. "Okay Rambo Agility and then Pound."

The Piplup sighed and relaxed it's muscles. Then in a flash it was at the Tailow. Completely taken by surprise the Tailow was thrown down the tree. It was up quick as a flash with a Peck but Rambo slammed it head on with a Pound.

Both of them were sent staggering back. Drops of sweat were forming on both the Tailow's and Rambo's head. Then Rambo tried Growling to lower the opposite Pokemon's attack. But Tailow just looked at it questioningly.

'So maybe it just makes them unaware.' thought Anthony.

Then the Tailow went back and came charging at Rambo at an amazing speed with Peck, almost as fast as Agility. Rambo replied with the same. After their collision both were staggering to stay up. Taking it as the perfect chance Anthony threw a Pokeball and went to heal Rambo with a Potion.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Chapter 1.1
Ani427MS.png
| ♀ | Lv. 5 | Defense Curl, Foresight, Ice Punch, Pound, Splash.

Route 219​

The boat ride to Sandgem Town wasn't supposed to be particularly long, or that's what the captain said at least. "No more than a couple hours, lass!" He was an older gentleman and his boat was fairly small. Not many passengers were aboard, just mostly fishermen and the like. Sadie sat at the back of the deck, occupying a whole table by herself. The sun had already risen and was beginning to beat down hard. Luckily, the ocean mist was able to keep her skin cool. Hidden behind a pair of black sunglasses, Sadie began to close her eyes. She hadn't slept well the night before and was desperate for some rest. Drifting between dreamland and reality, a deep voice startled the brunette awake.

"A pretty little girl like you shouldn't be out here all alone." He was burly man with a beer belly and a cigarette hanging from his mouth. His voice was husky, presumably from years of smoking.

As he introduced himself, Sadies nose began to crinkle. "I can handle myself. Thanks." The sun was shining into her eyes, so she couldn't get a good look at the mans face.

"Im a lonely fella. Care to spare me some time? I just want a bit of company." His pleas were relentless and Sadie was getting fed up. They wouldn't reach their destination for another hour and she wasn't sure if she could endure for that long. Sighing, she picked up her bag and followed him to his table.

"So why are you on this boat with a bunch of sea men by yourself?" he asked. He seemed sincere, but Sadie still felt abrasive.

"Im going to be a Pokemon trainer." she answered. She wasn't willing to share more information and the man could tell. Instead, he shared stories of his own travels and how he even entered into the Pokemon League. This somewhat impressed Sadie, but she still scorned him for interrupting her nap.

Soon before long, land was approaching and Sadie would finally be able rid herself of that overgrown tick of a man. As they docked, the man stood up and pushed his chair in. Sadie thought he was just being polite, but as he began walking towards the boats exit, she realized just how wrong she was. "What are you doing?" she asked. The words hissed out of her and this made the man chuckle.

"Who? Me? I live here!"

Sandgem Town​

Sadie stood in disbelief. All she wanted was some solitary time to herself and this guy just wouldn't budge. The salty smell of the sea, the secondhand smoke, and the stench of body odor was beginning to get to her and if she didn't lose him soon, she was going to lose her mind.

Practically sprinting off the boat, she managed to squeeze through the fishermen, lose the guy, and make her way to the nearest convenient mart. Praying that there was some sort of public transportation system for the region, she cheered out loud when she saw on a map inside the store that a bus stop was near. All I have to do now is make my way to… Her thoughts paused as she searched the map. Twinleaf Town and I can finally start my journey!

Twinleaf Town​

The bus ride from Sandgem was much shorter than the ferry trip Sadie had taken earlier, lasting less than half an hour. Before she exited the bus, she asked the driver if he knew where the lab was at and he directed her. "It's just a few blocks away. It's one of the only large buildings in Twinleaf. You can't miss it!"

The bus driver had been right. The lab felt extremely out of place compared to all the other buildings. The town consisted mainly of housing and gave off a very cozy aura. Pushing through the double doors, Sadie entered the lab and introduced herself. "I'm Sadie and I'm here to start my jo—"

"Ahh, young blood!" A man in his thirties stood before the brunette, inhaling and exhaling loudly. His nose twitched a bit, which made Sadie feel a bit embarrassed.

"Damn fishermen," she cursed under her breath. When the professor asked what she had said, she quickly denied saying anything. "Ooh, nothing! Just a bit groggy this morning, eheh…" she said, awkwardly laughing. "If I ever see him again I'm gonna—"

"Right then!" answered the professor, cutting Sadie off before things got out of hand. Examining the girl, he snapped his fingers together and gave her a wink. "You must be here to get started on your Pokemon journey!" The professor grabbed a box from a stack and removed the cover, revealing a Pokedex, some empty Pokeballs, and other miscellaneous items. Digging through a couple cabinets, he pulled out a single Pokeball and plopped it into the box. "I've got all you need right here. I picked out a very pretty Pokemon for a very pretty girl," he said as he handed Sadie the box. "Good luck!"

Holding her trainer kit, Sadie was practically pushed out of the lab by force. Mentally, she was comparing the fat old fisherman from earlier and the professor, trying to decide which one was worse. Taking a seat in front of the lab, Sadie sat on the floor and unboxed her trainer kit. She put everything inside her purse except for the map and threw away the boxing. She was already exhausted and it wasn't even midday yet. Sighing, she unfolded her map and concluded that Route 201 was her next destination.

Route 201​

Seated cross-legged under a pair of neighboring trees, Sadie had perfect view of her surroundings. She had been sitting her for a while, just taking in the scenery. Piles of snow dotted the landscape, chilling the air every time a breeze rolled by. The cold wasn't unbearable by any means, but she had begun to form goosebumps on her legs. The fact that she was an entire region away from her home was mildly frightening, but she managed to keep her nerves down. Rummaging through her bag, she pulled out two red items: a Pokeball and a Pokedex. Flipping open the device, she scanned the brown bunny that now stood in front of her.

"Buneary, the Rabbit Pokemon. By extending its rolled-up ears and striking the ground, it can bounce so high it surprises itself. Its known moves are Splash, Pound, Defense Curl, Foresight, and Ice Punch."

Sadie jumped a bit as the machine began to speak. Its voice was monotone and factual, but had a friendly tone to it. "I guess nows the time I name you, huh?" The Buneary nodded in assurance, eagerly awaiting its fate. After a couple seconds of silent thinking, the perfect name donned onto her. "How does Mjrn sound?" she asked. Bunearys ears began to spring up and down, giving an enthusiastic approval to her trainer. Sadie raised her hand to cover her mouth as she laughed at how silly Bunearys reaction was. Maybe this journey won't be so bad, after all?

Right as the two were about to leave, loud chirps and caws began to echo through the route, reminiscent of a cockfight. Shifting to her left a bit, Sadie saw that there were in fact two birds engaging in a battle. A trainer and his Piplup were fighting against a wild Tailow and the Tailow seemed to be in the lead. "Mjrn, look," she said, pointing Buneary in the direction of the battle. "That loser is so done for." The Tailow wasn't even half health and the boy had already lugged a Pokeball at it. As the flying-type withdrew from the Pokeball, Sadie couldn't help but burst into laughter. Watching her trainer, Mjrn too began to chuckle, though she didn't really understand why. "I've never even battled a wild Pokemon before and even I know better than that!" Wiping away a single tear, Sadie began to pack up her belongings and head over to the next town. "Come on, Mjrn. Let's go."

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years

Anthony Ramsay

Chapter 1.1: Dat Darn Tailow

Team:

393.gif

Route 201

One, two and Darn it. The Tailow had escaped.

It's feathers were ruffled but otherwise it seemed perfectly fine. Then it aimed a Tackle at Rambo who just managed to escape. It started circling the air above Rambo who had hidden below a tree waiting for Rambo to get out.

"Why the hell did the Piplups have to be the only birds that couldn't fly." thought Anthony. Then he noticed a girl and her Buneary laughing at him. This infuriated him. Then Rambo rushed with a Tackle in front and the Tailow attacked him.

But the added speed from the Agility added a bit more of power to the Tackle and it sent the Tailow sprawling down in the floor. Then Rambo performed a mini body slam on the Tailow. Finally Rambo pecked the Tailow gently on the eye.

That 'gentle' peck sent the Tailow in deep pain and it struggled to get out. But Rambo's body weight pressed down on it. Finally it gave up. Then just to make sure he performed another mini slam. Then the Tailow looked like some random dying old man in a hospital

"Look at this!" shouted Anthony at the girl while throwing the Pokeball.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Route 201
Alex & Kat

((OOC: Sorry, short post. But It got us to Sandgem Town))

After a travelling along route 201 for a little longer, the duo eventually came to their first destination, Sandgem Town. It's about time. Alex turned his head to Kat. "I say we go to the Pokemon Center first. It would be best to heal our Pokemon before doing anything else." He smiled, and then pointed at the building with a red roof a little ways away. Kat nodded silently in agreement, and led the two further into town towards the Pokemon Center

~

"Alright, it'll just take a little moment, wait here." Nurse Joy told Alex and Kat. Alex nodded, as the nurse put their Pokeballs in a sort of tray and headed off behind the counter to a back room. Alex was awkwardly quiet as he waited with Kat, trying to think of something that could break the ice and start up a conversation while they waited. "We should probably have a look around town and see if there's anything worth checking out." Alex blurted. He honestly couldn't think of anything else to say, and realized shortly after that his statement may have come off as a little bit creepy.

Back