• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunger Games [GAME OVER]

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • If you can't be roleblocked, then that would make you the most overpowered person in the game, and the night periods would then have no point at all; everyone would just gather to you and the Careers can't do squat then.

The entire zone may be protected from the Careers if you use your power, but if they roleblock you, then I doubt you can protect any zone, regardless of whether you're there or not. However, if the Careers strike the River, we'll find out. Meanwhile, we need more information to do anything at this point.

Years
  • Anyway I suppose we can start voting?
    If we can KILL [DIDDY KONG]
    I think someone who openly says there a role, especially the most overpowered role there is, is probably a career.That's my vote.

Circuit

Years
  • I would have advised against that. It's not confirmed he's that overpowered, let alone that he is even a medic. I don't want to vote anyone until other people voice their opinions and we come up with a plan on how to deal with tonight, it's very... unenlightening.

Years
  • Also, I could be the medic. That needs to be thought out as well. I'm not trusting my posistion of life in this game to a monkey.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I believe Klippy for now - I guess we'll put his plan to the test for tonight and see if anyone dies. I'm still worried that he might get role blocked, since the OP doesn't mention him being unblockable (and he would be way OP if he were), but I guess we'll see.

That settles our night actions, but we're still going to have to vote for a kill today. I don't really like this 'voting for ourselves' idea since it's almost never a productive choice. Besides,

❋ For kills, if there would be a tie, the last player killed will break the tie.

So it doesn't ensure no one dies this day phase either. I'm looking through the member activity list and something kind of jumps out at me - Sonata's been uncharacteristically quiet in this game so far, I wonder if there's a reason for that? If you've played Mafia with him before you know he's never like this - I know it's not much to go on, but it's kind of a lead. :s I'm holding my vote for now in case someone else has a better idea, but just throwing that out there.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'm really not OP if you consider I can be killed during the day phase. If it came down to me versus the Careers, they could just kill me with a vote during the day. I am basically immune up to a certain point. And I would share what my PM said, but I was told not to specifically by Eros. But I'm positive I can't be roleblocked if I'm protecting my zone.

And you're right, Juno. Sonata is usually knee deep into these games and he's completely MIA so far. Suspicious more than anything else right now when you consider how involved he tends to be.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm not trusting my position of life in this game to a monkey.

DID HE JUST
    HE JUST

The Hunger Games [GAME OVER]

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Anyway I suppose we can start voting?
    If we can KILL [DIDDY KONG]
    I think someone who openly says there a role, especially the most overpowered role there is, is probably a career.That's my vote.

Someone who openly accuses people with zero proof and also claims to be my role is probably a Career.

I'm not trusting my position of life in this game to a man afraid of bats.

[KILL] ComicFanatic

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • also, even if Klippy isn't lying, if we all hide in the same area we're sitting ducks. the Career roleblocker could simply block him and one of us would be killed guaranteed.

this.

I'm willing to trust Klippy

but

did someone just insult monkeys?

low blow, man.

EXECUTE ComicFanatic

those who insult our monkey brethren, Career or not, are just r00d.

but granted a comment like that would make for a weak mafia member

so

I don't think I'm actually going to vote for ComicFanatic, but I'm not sure who else to point fingers at atm haha. quick everyone do some thinking

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • If you can't be roleblocked, then that would make you the most overpowered person in the game, and the night periods would then have no point at all; everyone would just gather to you and the Careers can't do squat then.

The entire zone may be protected from the Careers if you use your power, but if they roleblock you, then I doubt you can protect any zone, regardless of whether you're there or not. However, if the Careers strike the River, we'll find out. Meanwhile, we need more information to do anything at this point.

Yeah I agree with this, we should be able to find out if klippy isn't the medic based on what happens at the night. Regardless I'm willing to trust him too.

I don't think Comic Fanatic is anything to be afraid of so I won't vote for him. I don't know who Sonata is but if a lot of you think it's suspicious that he's not around then I think I'll vote to kill [Sonata].

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • yeaaaaaaaah, ComicFanatic seems awfully suspicious right now. Dude, that was a terrible play. Also, you should check past mafia games for info on people revealing their roles.

idk, I don't trust you after that.

[EXECUTE]ComicFanatic

Circuit

Years
  • I also believe Klippy, and I trust he has the ability to protect us all. I do not believe he's untargetable by the roleblocker though, and putting us all together to test this idea is a sure-fire way to get us all killed. Klippy, you're going to set up camp in the River. We need people willing to put their lives on the line to test this and sit in the River too. I will join him in the River tonight.

I'm looking through the member activity list and something kind of jumps out at me - Sonata's been uncharacteristically quiet in this game so far, I wonder if there's a reason for that? If you've played Mafia with him before you know he's never like this - I know it's not much to go on, but it's kind of a lead. :s I'm holding my vote for now in case someone else has a better idea, but just throwing that out there.

I've noticed he's very present in almost everything he joins in with... So you have a very good point there Juno. Unless he has just been busy, but we'll have to wait for his explanation when he turns up. Similarly, I am withholding my vote until further discussion has been made. I'm not eager to kill anybody off just yet, regardless of what they may have said so far. We've no leads, and everybody is suspicious at the moment.

I do agree however that was a bad call by ComicFanatic. I am a little wary of you now, but I don't feel you're anybody I need to cast my vote on without thought yet. Watch what you say and do, it's already biting you in the tail.

Just to recap for everyone, the kill votes stand as follows:
    1 vote for arachnidsGrip
    1 vote for Diddy Kong
    1 vote for Sonata
    5 votes for ComicFanatic

That leaves us with 15 votes still left to be cast.

Last edited:

Yukari

I really don't trust him after that... But I may change my vote, I'm not totally sure at this point.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've noticed he's very present in almost everything he joins in with... So you have a very good point there Juno. Unless he has just been busy, but we'll have to wait for his explanation when he turns up.

Yeah, that's possible - it's end of term for a lot of people round this time (including myself) so I'm sure a lot of people will be busy - I just wanted to start throwing some names and ideas out since I wasn't sure how much time we had left to decide. :P

Personally, I felt like the point Comic was trying to make was just that anyone can claim to be medic - I don't find him too suspicious just yet but it's definitely not looking good for him so far lol.

Just to recap for everyone, the kill votes stand as follows:
    1 vote for arachnidsGrip
    1 vote for Diddy Kong
    5 votes for ComicFanatic

That leaves us with 16 votes still left to be cast.

Don't forget to count Charlie Brown's vote for Sonata though.

Circuit

Years
  • Don't forget to count Charlie Brown's vote for Sonata though.

Oops, my bad. I've added it now. Sorry about that.

And I agree, I think ComicFanatic had a valid point, but he's worded it very badly, and made himself look suspicious. Not ideal for him really.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    argh, apparently i was too late as well c: if only i'd checked the thread sooner...

i don't think Comic is that suspicious yet - i think he was just trying to make the point that anyone could say they're the Medic, no? so i'll reserve my vote for now c:

Circuit

Years
  • Y'all got #ninjad

Anyway, I am withholding the information for now. It doesn't help us right now, and I don't want to give the Careers information they could use to cover their tracks. I'm still leaving my vote open for now.

Back