• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 'I cried during a Pokemon MD game' club

Saturn

*Currently cosplaying as Dawn*
Years
  • I was wondering who else cried during the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. Don't feel ashamed if you did! Though I only have Time...
    I was crying non-stop from the time grovyle started talking about disappearing to the little segment after the credits.

ThunderThylacine

Finally! All 493 Pokemon!
    Years
  • MD 2 was the first Pokemon game to really irritate me. I love an epic story as much as the next RPG gamer, but goddam that game was one long drivel! Ok, the story wasn't too bad, and yes it might have tugged at my heartstings a bit, but for ONE thing... the FLASHBACKS!!! I got SO angry having to watch the SAME thing over and over and OVER again! I was ready to throw my DS out the window. For the love of God Nintendo! I just want to play the game! Stop showing me the same freakin' sequence I just watched 2 minutes ago!!

...rant over.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Yeah, the flashbacks annoyed me too, but they might've been useful if I had quitted playing after seeing those dreams and started again, say, the next day. But a simple "do you remember your dream? yes/no"-banner could not have been THAT hard to make...

But, well, I'll report about that crying thing later on, when I finally get the courage to play the game trough. I have a bad habit of crying in every game if it happens to have something even remotely emotional in it... I get so damn attached to my characters!

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • I didn't cry but I did feel sorry for some characters and I did feel a bit upset at two points.

Explanation: I felt sorry for myself because I had somestupid irritating Chimchar following me and sometimes I thought the Chimchar might fancy me which was really creepy. I felt upset when I found out that two of the coolest characters in the whole game left and had no possible way of returning. I was also upset that Dialga brought me back, I wanted to see the Chimchar suffer and starve himself.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • I have to admit, I did cry when my character disappeared at Temporal Tower and when my partner was on the beach and I was watching all those memories of our friendship... The music only added to the sadness, but it was beautiful all the same.
    Exactly.... I cried in the exact same parts. Oh jesus lord?!

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • This topic just makes me want to finish the game more...*Gets out Nintendo DS and puts in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team in* LETS DO THIS!

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • I almost cried of laughter when I had the chance to say, "bok bok bok," to my partner Torchic! (If that counts)

But I think some of the music made me cry more than anything (more so in the first PMD game, when you were fugitives).

Back