• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I say the subway further helps in making it like New York. Also there one of the screen shots looks similar to Grand Central Station.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    The Isshu map was shown during the July 30th Oha Suta Trailer:

The Isshu Region

It shows the Isshu map with 14 Towns or other major landmarks and 19 small green dots indicating other smaller areas.

I thought that was the High Link map since the character sprite isn't one of the PCs.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

:O you are an genius.

Also, they mentioned once, high link is only available in the upper part of isshu.
    which means...
    MORE BELOW?!

there is nothing below isshu, just water cause the starting town is the bottom most big dot. also the up arrow thing is lighter than the down arrow, is there more to the north of Isshu?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    - America is the only country that plays American Football, thus the gear we wear for this sport is only here in America.

- Game Freak picked now to make an American Pokemon. Wooguru/Wargle is Red, White, and Blue and is a Bald Eagle. Both are symbols of America. He is also wearing a Native American Headdress, which points to the heritage of the country of America.

- Victini's name is a cross between Tini and Victory. He is found by using the Liberty Ticket. He is also showing the peace scene, also known as the victory sign.

- When Pokemon Sunday showed off the starters the three people doing it were dressed in special outfits. They were dressed like old New York paperboys.
    Spoiler:

- America is farther away than Shanghai in comparison to Japan.

- Three new pokemon were shown all at the same time and they had something relatively strange in common. They were all disney-like. We got Alvin, Bambi and a Disney Swan. You may deny it but Disney is a big part of the American culture.

- America has been referenced in games before and part of America has been used for the Orre region (Arizona). I am pretty sure China hasn't been a base for any regions yet.

- China is communist and would freak out if Game Freak didn't represent them as positively as possible. Any negativity would get the games banned.

- There is a Royal/Medieval theme going on for the plots of Black and White. This means that an evil team is trying to institute a Royal system on the people of Isshu. This is most likely a reference to when Great Britain tried to do the same to the people of America a hundred or so years ago.

- Having Black people in the games sort of helps the New York theory because there are almost no Black people in Japan.

- Shanghai is Triangular shaped. New York is not and neither is Isshu.

- New York fits on to Isshu more so than Shanghai.
    Spoiler:

Zet

Years
    I say the subway further helps in making it like New York. Also there one of the screen shots looks similar to Grand Central Station.
    You do know that a lot of countries have subways?

- America is the only country that plays American Football, thus the gear we wear for this sport is only here in America.

- Game Freak picked now to make an American Pokemon. Wooguru/Wargle is Red, White, and Blue and is a Bald Eagle. Both are symbols of America. He is also wearing a Native American Headdress, which points to the heritage of the country of America.

- Victini's name is a cross between Tini and Victory. He is found by using the Liberty Ticket. He is also showing the peace scene, also known as the victory sign.

- When Pokemon Sunday showed off the starters the three people doing it were dressed in special outfits. They were dressed like old New York paperboys.
    Spoiler:

- America is farther away than Shanghai in comparison to Japan.

- Three new pokemon were shown all at the same time and they had something relatively strange in common. They were all disney-like. We got Alvin, Bambi and a Disney Swan. You may deny it but Disney is a big part of the American culture.

- America has been referenced in games before and part of America has been used for the Orre region (Arizona). I am pretty sure China hasn't been a base for any regions yet.

- China is communist and would freak out if Game Freak didn't represent them as positively as possible. Any negativity would get the games banned.

- There is a Royal/Medieval theme going on for the plots of Black and White. This means that an evil team is trying to institute a Royal system on the people of Isshu. This is most likely a reference to when Great Britain tried to do the same to the people of America a hundred or so years ago.

- Having Black people in the games sort of helps the New York theory because there are almost no Black people in Japan.

- Shanghai is Triangular shaped. New York is not and neither is Isshu.

- New York fits on to Isshu more so than Shanghai.
    Spoiler:

Just because something shows a "V" sign does not mean it is American. And Disney like you say? You do know that Disney animals are based off real life animals? Besides, those "Disney like" animals also live in a few different countries around the world.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    You do know that a lot of countries have subways?

Just because something shows a "V" sign does not mean it is American. And Disney like you say? You do know that Disney animals are based off real life animals? Besides, those "Disney like" animals also live in a few different countries around the world.

They are drawn like Disney characters.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Honestly, whether people like it or not, Isshu's looking more and more like it's based off NYC, not Shanghai. I was sold when they revealed the Liberty Island thing.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I can't wait what the battle frontier is! I hope it is even better than the previous ones. I still think the Emerald battle frontier is the one to beat.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    i think the Disney thing is just a coincidence.
    Yeah I think so too, I don't think a Pokemon's design should be used to find where a region is based on.
    Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to say this, Sinnoh was kind of French in culture so culture can be misleading as well, good thing the first four regions we had Geography to help us :)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    You know, it doesnt really look like anything? I was thinking it could be moddled after France because of Jaun and Fatina, but France lacks a desert ...
    what if this desert is larger than all of France? :D

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

Im sorry dude, this made me laugh. There are many black people in japan, at least where i live. My friend is black too. I see black people here all the time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a note, if you'd like to discuss where Isshu is based on, do it here, otherwise carry on with other Isshu discussions :)

Back