• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Isshu needs to be mostly based on Australia, otherwise it just won't be appealing to anyone. Since really, we've gone so long without Australia, so assuming that Huin is NY as people say, then each other city can represent a city from another country. Though in this case, 6 of the cities can be based on Australia and we'll all be happy. :D

What the HECK? D: What makes you think if it's not based on Australia its not going to be appealing to anyone? :[

Years
    I can't find any solo pics of it besides on pokebeach: https://pokebeach.com/2010/05/clearer-game-screenshots-and-artwork-of-black-and-white

it's the 2nd picture next to the screenshot of the guy/girl trainers. from the small back sprite it appears as if this person is of a darker color, idk, we really won't know till more screenshots or the games come out.
    Oh, that pic. People still think that's a black person? Honestly, you can't determine anything from that screenshot, especially since his/her back is turned.

15ares

My jimmies remain unrustled.
    Years
    It will probably bring a lot of surprises with it. I mean with the new graphics and all cities will be larger and feel more vibrant, physical features will look more real, etc. I am hoping to see the climate zones that Sinnoh and Hoenn had but larger, new ways of transportation around the region, etc.

i agree, but with the snowy areas, they need to change the weather to snow, not hail because hail is a summer storm. it is impossible to have hail in winter unless its really warm outside

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I'm hoping Isshu is much larger in scale than any previous region. So far it looks like that's the case, but it might just look that way from the screenshots. I want there to be so much to do in each town/city that it takes the player days to finish exploring one single place.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    U S A?

has anybody else noticed that Isshu might be related to the United States possibly?
    It is also very far from Kanto/Japan

and if you spell Isshu backwards you get U hss I --->U-ess-ay---> U-S-A

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    Im liking the pictures, Isshu is a wierd name but creative. I hope they add more interesting things to cities, like underwater cities like "Atlantas" just not in ruins and physicly exist, or have in-mountain cites, like a city in a literally in a mountain. But im hoping they DONT place a large mountain smack middle of the region . Preventing freedom to go into other parts of the regions, it like a kill-joy or a ****-block too me. "Hey its a mountain and it has a cave, I hope it doesn't have...Damn it! It has boulders placed in the way, that I cant move or smash" - Beginning of the game.

More interesting landscapes, and more cities and town, but I need to look at the map of the region vefore I can bash on it. Hoping to hear and see more.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    There's definitely something special about Hiun City. I just can't see why they'd showcase it so much if it wasn't truly important. I also think it's very possible that this region is based on the New York area.

Holy crap, I've never thought of it like that. That actually makes really good sense. "The Isshu region is very far away, you have to travel by plane, further than any other region before it"

I know someone's already pointed it out before, but mind = blown

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I believe the Isshu Region will be based off of Washington. Not Washington DC, the state Washington in the United States. When the year becomes 2011, a new music genre is born. The early Isshu Era of video games.

Yep, I categorize video games by year.

Early Isshu- 2011-
    Sinnoh- 2007-2010
    Hoenn- 2003-2006
    Pre-Hoenn- 2001-2002
    Kanto-Johto- 1996-2001
    16-Bit- 1992-1996
    8-Bit- 1985-1991
    Nostalgic- 1970-1984

Nostalgic- Before the NES
    8-Bit- When the NES was introduced
    16-Bit- When the SNES was introduced
    Kanto-Johto- When the N64 and Pokemon were introduced
    Pre-Hoenn- When the Game Boy Advance and Game Cube were introduced, but not the next generation pokemon game
    Hoenn- When the 3rd generation Pokemon game was introduced
    Sinnoh- When the next gen gaming consoles were introduced
    Early Isshu- When the Next Generation Pokemon Game will be introduced

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm thinking China, because, really? America? Nah, GameFreak would totally go a bit closer to home. If anywhere else at all, Western Japan maybe?

Yeah I just thought about that. It could be China or better yet Korea. I'm guessing if Hiun isn't based off of NYC then it definitely has influences from Hong Kong or possibly even Shanghai. Really I don't care what country it's based off of, as long as it's an awesome region I'm fine.

Oh, that pic. People still think that's a black person? Honestly, you can't determine anything from that screenshot, especially since his/her back is turned.

It doesn't have to be a black person. I said colored which in the US may be considerd a black person but could also be a Southeast or South Asian, possibly even Arab or Latino-influenced. Obviously the person is darker than the others around and although we only have the back sprite she (or he) surely doesn't look like the 'typical' characters in pkmn.

i agree, but with the snowy areas, they need to change the weather to snow, not hail because hail is a summer storm. it is impossible to have hail in winter unless its really warm outside
    You know I've always wondered why they did that. My guess was because snow can't do damage to anything (unless you swallow a snow flake and choke :P) so that is why the used hail.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Well, regardless of what it's based on (I don't really care, unless it'd be somewhere in Sweden ;) ), the region is looking awesome. I can't wait to learn more of this. What other amazing things will they put in there? :D
    Hm... Unless the region is really small, and the main thing is the big town... No that can't be. That'd be horrible. Or can it?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I've made the assumption that B&W will be largely based in the city, however we've seen screenshots of the Isshu region's more rural areas such as a forest and even the starter town seems to be more pastoral rather than based in the city. Even though I'm hoping that there will be a different approach on making the region of that of the previous games I'm happy to see that it wont be entirely in the city.

I'd like to see a bigger region and not one you fly through in a day on your first run through of the game. I'd also like to see more towns and cities in which you visit in the game and not just key towns like in the previous RPG's. It'd be nice too see some towns like in the anime that might hold more side quests and such. Other than that I hope to see some picturesque sites in the Isshu region and something that will stand out from the previous regions we've seen in past games.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    City/town possibilities?

Many people have perdicted that the Isshu Region willl be based off of the United States due to the statement that it will be located "very far away from the other regions", and due to Hiun City's vastness, resembling one of America's bigger cities like New York. Whether this is true or not, I think we're in for some very diverse and colorful new towns in Black and White. (the other towns we've seen is an older, western looking one, with a train system and lots of bricks, and something that looks like the standard hometowns from the previous games)

So, here's my question:

x What would you like to see incorporated into a town or area in Isshu? Wha kind of buildings, minigames, pokemon, people?
    x What kind of cities do you plan to see in Isshu? Based off of America? Or somewhere else?
    x Think of the closest major city to where you live. What, in that city, would you like to see in Black and White?

For me personally, I would like to see some kind of street performer minigame. As you beat it, it gets both harder and more entertaining. It could start out as a modest didgeridoo[sp?] game, utilizing the DS's microphone, and get more complicated as you become a human statue/robot man/crazy guy in a pikachu suit. It'd be something cool to put into Hiun City. Also, I think there should be gormet restauraunts, that sell unique food items with unique results in battle. So if you fed your mijumaru a dish of honey seared broiled duck, it could raise it's attack power for water type moves sharply, as well as revive its HP by 50. Granted, the gourmet meals would be pretty expensive.

I live about twenty minutes from downtown Denver, and I was just there today. (which would be what sparked the idea for this thread!) So like Denver, I would like to see a city with a river running through it, and you can walk under the streets along the river. There could also be some beautiful murals along the walls, like an ocean scene with a goldeen, looking like chalk art. Also, you could see mountains in the distance.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Underground tunnels. I know it's been done before in Goldenrod city and a couple in Kanto, but I'm talking like those, but expanded.

I live in Houston, TX, and a little-known fact is that there's a series of underground tunnels connecting everything in downtown together. You can get from the bus station to the museum to the high-rise office buildings by just walking underneath the city, and there are even coffee shops, restaurants, and convenience stores down there. I wanna see a place in the Pokemon world that mimics that atmosphere. The Goldenrod underground from GSCHGSS was a good start, and the Under from Colosseum was a step in the right direction. I want to see essentially a huge underground city connecting several cities, perhaps as an alternative to going over a water route or desert above land.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    It think It will be between Korea and China, Hiun sounds Chinese, and I think it would be great if it was on China. Just my opinion.

I always thought Orre was suppossed to be China and maybe one of the Ranger regions like Fiore or Almia represented the Korean Penninsula

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    Ijust noticed, see this boat?

The Isshu Region

It reminds me allot of the SS cactus from hoenn, what about you?
    (oooh maybe a remake hint)

pikapip26

PikaXPip
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Hiun city looks like one big region :P I wonder where the gyms would be... BTW there is a bridge, which might connect to like, the un-modernized part of Isshu :D Probably where the player lives?

Back