• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
  • Underground tunnels. I know it's been done before in Goldenrod city and a couple in Kanto, but I'm talking like those, but expanded.

I live in Houston, TX, and a little-known fact is that there's a series of underground tunnels connecting everything in downtown together. You can get from the bus station to the museum to the high-rise office buildings by just walking underneath the city, and there are even coffee shops, restaurants, and convenience stores down there. I wanna see a place in the Pokemon world that mimics that atmosphere. The Goldenrod underground from GSCHGSS was a good start, and the Under from Colosseum was a step in the right direction. I want to see essentially a huge underground city connecting several cities, perhaps as an alternative to going over a water route or desert above land.
    What a great idea! I used to live in Houston, but moved when I was nine, so I never knew that. If it were to happen, I'd want maybe narrower passageways and dim lighting, to give it a more mysterious "underground" feeling.

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    I hope the train tracks in Black and White serve a larger purpose than just being there and looking pretty. :S

For instance, I'd like to see an actual railway system connecting like, at least most of the cities in Isshu. Aside from being a new way to travel other than Fly, I hope GameFreak includes minigames/activities/daily events in the train itself - to act as an incentive for people to actually use the railway system... Something like S.S. Aqua? Also, I would be totally happy if they added a large city with a 'business-like' atmosphere with its main landmark being a skyscraper that would let the player go all the way up to the top floor for a bird's eye view of Isshu.

Yeah, I'm sort of hoping for a 'modernized' region for this game. :]

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I hope the train tracks in Black and White serve a larger purpose than just being there and looking pretty. :S

For instance, I'd like to see an actual railway system connecting like, at least most of the cities in Isshu. Aside from being a new way to travel other than Fly, I hope GameFreak includes minigames/activities/daily events in the train itself - to act as an incentive for people to actually use the railway system... Something like S.S. Aqua? Also, I would be totally happy if they added a large city with a 'business-like' atmosphere with its main landmark being a skyscraper that would let the player go all the way up to the top floor for a bird's eye view of Isshu.

Yeah, I'm sort of hoping for a 'modernized' region for this game. :]

With the exception of the skyscraper (so far), Hiun City seems to fit that and more.

I'm hoping that there won't be too many "modernised" parts of Hiun. I prefer Pokemon where most of it is grass or mountain with a few towns in between. Cities - of course, they're a must. High tech ones too. I just hope they don't overdo it. D:

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    I would say that a good place would be a place such as Auckland, from New Zealand, because NZ is quite far away from other countries (3hr flight to our neighbours Australia!)

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    With the exception of the skyscraper (so far), Hiun City seems to fit that and more.

I'm hoping that there won't be too many "modernised" parts of Hiun. I prefer Pokemon where most of it is grass or mountain with a few towns in between. Cities - of course, they're a must. High tech ones too. I just hope they don't overdo it. D:

Now that you've mentioned it... Yeah, it really does remind me of Hiun City. Lol.

The modernization could just be limited to one biiiig city though. I'd also like to see more natural greenery. :3

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Holy ****, Huin City looks ****ing amazing!

Something tells me this game will set itself apart from the others. Hopefully in a good way.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Now that you've mentioned it... Yeah, it really does remind me of Hiun City. Lol.

The modernization could just be limited to one biiiig city though. I'd also like to see more natural greenery. :3

Yeah Hiun more than likely the most modernized city in Isshu. Though didn't they mention that Isshu overall would be the most advanced region to date? Then I guess Hiun would be like the hub of the smaller, technology advanced cities and of course the cities/towns on the countryside. Though from the looks of it, I'm hoping Hiun isn't too small. I mean it's the capital of Isshu, sort of like Jubilife for Sinnoh, yet Jubilife felt more like a mid-sized city than an actual large, modernized one. Lets hope Hiun doesn't take that path.

I would love it if it went from sophisticated cities with jaw-dropping skyscrapers to mountain towns, deserts, elevated-snow cities and large grasslands/forests.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • The forest looks enchanted or something lol,, which to me basically looks amazing and mythic maybe we will find a unicorn like pokemon in there?? who knows...

Also Hiun city has a huge harbor why would all them boats be there unless you need a specific boat to take you to a specific town/village/city :D

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    Hiun City looks like it would be awesome, mostly because of the bridge. The cave looks pretty interesting, too.

Years
  • The place looks amazing, and looks like it will be miles away. Maybe the same distance between Tokyo and New York? Cause you defo need a plane to get from one to the other. Maybe we can go on planes LOL! That would be so awesome.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The place looks amazing, and looks like it will be miles away. Maybe the same distance between Tokyo and New York? Cause you defo need a plane to get from one to the other. Maybe we can go on planes LOL! That would be so awesome.

wonder how battling on a plane would come out :P. cuz I know for sure that sitting on a plane for like 13-18 hours (estimate of time from Tokyo to NYC) in b&w without a battle would be torture. assuming plane trips in the game are like 5 minutes equal to 10 hours of flight in the real-world..

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Wonder what kind of Gyms they have in Isshu region.....

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • Sky Arrow bridge??

Hey guys i was woundering will the sky arrow bridge be to levels high or just 1 ?? leave your comment :D

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Don't know, I imagine it will be higher up than that. Since 1) It is a bridge and 2) It's the Sky Arrow Bridge

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Isshu based on New York?

Someone made that map from a different (non-pokemon) forum I go to. Even 2ch was speculating that this new region was based on it. Sooo... kind of a significant change, all the other regions have been based on Japan :o

Spoiler:

Back