• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
  • I always post this for the people who never do enough research to realize it:

Pokemon_World_Map_by_Cadellin.png

South is of course Hoenn of a Southern, Tropical Climate.

The middle is Johto and Kanto, of a Temperate, Forested Climate.

And to the North is none other than the cold, snowy Sinnoh.

The dummies who think that Isshu is going to be somewhere else aren't even paying attention to the GIANT blank area in the direct middle.

^i wanted that to happen.^

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I would've preferred Hong Kong or China but New York is good too. From the looks of it it certain can't be any city in China. It matches New York definitely as far as I know.

Kinda disappointing it covers such a small area of USA, but the minute details that come from focusing on such a small area is exciting too!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Soo...Isshu's geography is based on the Hudson River Delta?

It'd be smaller physically than any other region, but it's definitely a lot more urbanized and populated. Sounds like fun. :D

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • My freind said that it was going to be based of the USA.

It really doesn't bother me if they based the map on the area.

Also, it can be anywhere they base it off, like Hong Kong or Tokyo. It really doesn't matter, and it shouldn't change opinions of the game.

(No one should have a set opinion on the game until they beat it!)

Years
  • I had kind of hoped for a Shikoku-based map originally (Shikoku being the smallest of the 4 Japanese islands). That would have made it really easy to have Hoenn or Johto as playable areas too. But New York is a good choice. From what I have seen so far, Black/White seems to be almost a re-imagining of pokemon.

Years
  • I do not think it will be in New York. I have found a pretty good match while I was prowling around on Google Earth. I think Huin City is real life Vladivostok, Russia. If you cant find it, I posted some directions in the "what can you make out from Isshu" thread. The only thing that doesn't fit is that the bridge doesn't exist in real life. But neither does cycling road in Kanto... It was probably added because otherwise traveling around without fly would take forever.
    There are mtns to the west of Vlad, a huge port city surrounded by two bays...

Also, I forget where, but someone associated with pokemon said you could get from Isshu to the other regions by boat, and a boat ride from NYC to Tokyo is quite a trip, even if you take the Panama Canal...

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    No... everything fits for new york. 2ch realized this as soon as the scans leaked.

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • No... everything fits for new york. 2ch realized this as soon as the scans leaked.

I suppose it's possible that it's New York, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. Once we see a clearer map (sans clouds) and/or more screenshots of various areas then we can be completely sure. Although your picture with possible sites is rather convincing.

Years
  • I do not think it will be in New York. I have found a pretty good match while I was prowling around on Google Earth. I think Huin City is real life Vladivostok, Russia. If you cant find it, I posted some directions in the "what can you make out from Isshu" thread. The only thing that doesn't fit is that the bridge doesn't exist in real life. But neither does cycling road in Kanto... It was probably added because otherwise traveling around without fly would take forever.
    There are mtns to the west of Vlad, a huge port city surrounded by two bays...

Also, I forget where, but someone associated with pokemon said you could get from Isshu to the other regions by boat, and a boat ride from NYC to Tokyo is quite a trip, even if you take the Panama Canal...

Anyways, what do you guys think?
    In my opinion Vladivostok is not a good match to the Isshu. I posted in the main leaks thread a satellite view of NYC as compared to Isshu.

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
    Years
  • Someone made that map from a different (non-pokemon) forum I go to. Even 2ch was speculating that this new region was based on it. Sooo... kind of a significant change, all the other regions have been based on Japan :o

First of all, I'd like topoint out that Orre was based on the arizona desert.
    Don't belive me? Just cheak the tip to the gulf of california on Google Maps.

Also, Nintendo did say that it was very far away from the other regions, that would imply the US all togather.
    Since you can get to it from bouat, i'm thinking San Fransisco?
    The lake in the middle wouldn't say that, But the island and briges are some good hints.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Actually June CoroCoro said that it would be akin to taking a plane to Isshu from previous regions.

WarpstarX

The Green Trainer
    Years
  • After looking at Isshu region map I googled New York and sond some of the images I found were really uncanny. It's just at a slightly different angle and a bit less detailed, Hiun city is based on Wall Street it seems... well by location anyway.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • It is exactly the Manhattan Map
    BEHOLD!
    See?
    manhattan-3d-map.jpg

I see... Mountains to the west, park area north, bridge east ...
    Yep I most definetly have no doubt about it : It's NYC people !
    COme to think of it, NYC is big so Isshu wouldn't be such a small region after all ! :P

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • as long as americans dont get cocky about it, i dont mind.
    @dieter57 no one in japan really care about that area. atleast all the stories i hear are from those regions that have already been done, other than shikoku, although its partly included. changing to a differant country wasnt a bad idea.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • We will (Actually, I couldn't care less where it takes place. I never even mentioned, outside of right now, that I live in the desert that Orre was based off of, because it wasn't relevant) but other people will.

(Another reason I don't care is because I hate the east coast. It's too cold and moist there for me, and I'm always in a bad mood because of it, but I suppose that's what I get for living in a desert area.)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    Cool, now I want the next game(s) to be based of (a country in) Europe. xD Or Africa!
    In fact I don't really care what it's based of, but it's cool to see it like that (with the map of NYC over it, very nice!)

I really wonder how the Pokémon world would look like if they put it all together... (Yes I know there are fans who made maps like that, but I mean, they probably have some kind of Pokéglobe there at Game Freak's xD)

Back