• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    THE pokemon company (game freak) said that the isshu region is going to be very far away from the other reagions. All of the regions have been based on japan then wher will isshu be?
    Spoiler:

Many people think it is somewhere in America.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    People theorize that it is the Hudson River Delta region of Northeastern United States.

The Isshu Region

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    its not a theory its proven

its NYC ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Its not proven yet... It dont look good, but I really dont Think its NY...

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I'm lovin the region so far. Huin city is amazing! Apperantly it's this region's jubilife or Veilstone city

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
    The region looks gorgeous, loving all the bridges, it makes me excited C:

However, everyone claiming that it's NYC/America is a bit too assuming, there could be a lot of aspects or traits of those places but pokemon regions tend to combine a lot of various places together to make a region.

However, it certainly looks more western, so it's very likely that lots of inspiration was taken from america/large cities, which is a nice change :>

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    All of the regions have been based on japan
    Except for that wonderful region known as Orre, which has it's origins based somewhat on Arizona, USA. That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

The more I think about, Isshu may be based off of not just New York but the entire US.
    +1

I thought that too when I saw Isshu. There's a lot in this region that could show that it's based off more than one city. I've seen comparisons that show Hiun City compared to NYC; and the mountains on the west and east remind me of the Rockies and Appalachians respectively, the deserts remind me of the Southwest, the southeast peninsula reminds me of Florida. It's just all there, and positioned that it seems more than just a coincidence.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I thought that too when I saw Isshu. There's a lot in this region that could show that it's based off more than one city. I've seen comparisons that show Hiun City compared to NYC; and the mountains on the west and east remind me of the Rockies and Appalachians respectively, the deserts remind me of the Southwest, the southeast peninsula reminds me of Florida. It's just all there, and positioned that it seems more than just a coincidence.

I think the mountains are what convince me that it is based off the entire US. Exactly like you said, the Rockies and Appalachians. I can see why a lot of people think that it is based entirely off NYC but if it were then those mountains and desert would not be there. In my mind I think it is shaped like NYC because around the world it is widely considered to be the "heart" or "main hub" of the US hence why there is so much emphasis on Hiun City and the shape of Isshu.

2dragonmager

Randomness Occurs
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2012
    Isshu is the only main series game region not to have an "O" sound in its name
    To get more info on Black and White go to bulbapedia.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I think the mountains are what convince me that it is based off the entire US. Exactly like you said, the Rockies and Appalachians. I can see why a lot of people think that it is based entirely off NYC but if it were then those mountains and desert would not be there. In my mind I think it is shaped like NYC because around the world it is widely considered to be the "heart" or "main hub" of the US hence why there is so much emphasis on Hiun City and the shape of Isshu.
    I'd say the mountains are based just off of the Rockies. Haven't been to appalachians but I have lived at the base of the Rockies and they're pounded by snow in the winter :D.

I agree, it's probably based off of all of the US, but looks like NYc b/c of the shape of the region in comparison to NY's boroughs.
    Desert = Arizona
    Mountains = Rockies
    Hiun = NYC

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    When looking into all over Region of Isshu, It seems we're gonna have a big long Adventure on it. I mean its the biggest Region ever in generations. Great then!

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I'd say the mountains are based just off of the Rockies. Haven't been to appalachians but I have lived at the base of the Rockies and they're pounded by snow in the winter :D.

I agree, it's probably based off of all of the US, but looks like NYc b/c of the shape of the region in comparison to NY's boroughs.
    Desert = Arizona
    Mountains = Rockies
    Hiun = NYC

If that were true that would mean I would live in that windmill town because I live in Idaho.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If that were true that would mean I would live in that windmill town because I live in Idaho.
    And New York City is now in Texas.

It's not an exact replica of the United States, but it's pretty darn close. A lot of recognizable features are there. They're just switched around to fit the possible connection to the Hudson River Delta Timbjerr posted.

@PiPVoda: All mountains have snow on top of them. It's the elevation that causes it. The Appalachian Mountains also have snow on them, only not as much because they aren't as high (there's a difference of at least 8000 feet between the highest Appalachian mountain and the highest Rocky mountain). It's just that the Appalachian Mountains are more known for being green, while the Rockies are more known for the snow.

So, hey, maybe both Isshu ranges are based on only one of America's.

It would be awesome to travel through a mountain but not have to deal with caves and/or snow.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    And New York City is now in Texas.

It's not an exact replica of the United States, but it's pretty darn close. A lot of recognizable features are there. They're just switched around to fit the possible connection to the Hudson River Delta Timbjerr posted.

@PiPVoda: All mountains have snow on top of them. It's the elevation that causes it. The Appalachian Mountains also have snow on them, only not as much because they aren't as high (there's a difference of at least 8000 feet between the highest Appalachian mountain and the highest Rocky mountain). It's just that the Appalachian Mountains are more known for being green, while the Rockies are more known for the snow.

So, hey, maybe both Isshu ranges are based on only one of America's.

It would be awesome to travel through a mountain but not have to deal with caves and/or snow.

They have never made exact replicas. They take certain features from some where in the world and twist them to make the region.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    They have never made exact replicas. They take certain features from some where in the world and twist them to make the region.
    Which I said: "It's not an exact replica of the United States." I was simply pointing out that it's weird to think that just because something like the windmill town is north of the western mountain range that it automatically equals Idaho. Especially when Huin City is not north of the eastern mountain range, which it would be if Isshu was an exact replica. But it's not. Which I said in the line "New York City is now in Texas."

Isshu region is based on the United States, but it's not exact.

Back